PDA

View Full Version : DOWNLOAD HERE - Newest Version of HandiFast

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

acorn54
04-21-2016, 03:57 AM
long i made the same mistake
you HAVE to create the C:\ directory ,not simply create a new folder to put the temphandi program into

Longshot6977
04-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Yes guys, I did create a new temphandi folder under the C: and unzipped all files into it. ( I will try the download again and redo the steps after work tonite). Other versions of Handifast worked; just this new version 9 is having some problems.

acorn54
04-21-2016, 08:13 AM
yes BUT directory address before you type in temphandi HAS to be

C:\

read posts 454-463 and see if that clarifies. you can not just put the temphandi
download into a a folder like previous copies

Longshot6977
04-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Had the app working for a minute, then Norton Security Suite keeps deleting Isfile32.dll as a WS.Reputation.1 threat. I re-downloaded and re-extracted all files again. I tried turning off Norton for 15 minutes, then as soon as it turned on, it deleted the file again. It thinks this file is a problem.
By the way, in some early posts in this thread, others said Isfile32.dll was missing, but it could have been their AV app deleting it. Anyone else have a similar problem?

headhawg
04-21-2016, 06:44 PM
The IsFile32.dll should be perfectly safe; Norton is likely giving a false positive. Just to be sure, check that its file size on disk is 8,192 bytes. I've scanned it with Bitdefender and MalwareBytes and it's clean on my computer.

mmdorn
04-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Had the app working for a minute, then Norton Security Suite keeps deleting Isfile32.dll as a WS.Reputation.1 threat. I re-downloaded and re-extracted all files again. I tried turning off Norton for 15 minutes, then as soon as it turned on, it deleted the file again. It thinks this file is a problem.
By the way, in some early posts in this thread, others said Isfile32.dll was missing, but it could have been their AV app deleting it. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Longshot,

I had a similar problem with malwarebytes. It once deleted an older version of Handifast because it thought it was malware. I was able to tell the program that the file was safe, and to ignore it. Somewhere in the Norton program, you should be able to do the same thing.

Mike

Gail
04-22-2016, 05:31 PM
Error log timestamp Friday 04/22/16 02:23:53 PM

Runtime error: OS Error: The system cannot find the path specified.

Error(Exception)>>defaultAction
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
Error class(Exception class)>>signal: <'OS Error: The system...'>
BasicRunProgram(Object)>>error: <'OS Error: The system...'>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>terminateRun: <aFileError>
[] in BasicProgram>>errorHandlerBlock
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateResponseBlock: <aBlockClosure> for: <aFileError>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>handle:
ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler>>handle: <aFileError>
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <aFileError>
FileError(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
FileError(Exception)>>handle
FileError(Exception)>>signal
FileError class>>signal: <'OS Error: The system...'> hostErrorCode: <3>
HostFileSystemError>>defaultAction
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <aHostFileSystemError>
HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>handle
HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>signal
HostFileSystemError class>>signalWith: <3>
FileHandle class>>osError: <3>
FileHandle class(Object)>>osError
[] in FileHandle class>>open:access:share:create:attributes:
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:
ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anExceptionSet> with: <aBlockClosure> during: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>on: <anExceptionSet> do: <aBlockClosure>
FileHandle class>>open: <'C:\temphandi\race.ob...'> access: <3221225472> share: <3> create: <4> attributes: <128>
FileHandle class>>open: <'race.obj'> in: <aDirectory> access: <3221225472> share: <3> create: <4> attributes: <128>
FileHandle class>>open: <'race.obj'> in: <aDirectory>
File>>open
File class>>open: <'race.obj'> in: <aDirectory>
Directory>>file: <'race.obj'>

Thanks for any help...

headhawg
04-22-2016, 05:40 PM
From reading the error log it appears that either you didn't create a folder on your C:\ drive named temphandi, or you didn't extract (or possible deleted) a file named race.obj. Read the posts in this thread or the instructions included with the program for installation tips.

mikesal57
04-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Its good to see the original 3 helping guys out...

Gail
04-23-2016, 11:12 AM
creating the folder did it... :)

Longshot6977
04-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Longshot,

I had a similar problem with malwarebytes. It once deleted an older version of Handifast because it thought it was malware. I was able to tell the program that the file was safe, and to ignore it. Somewhere in the Norton program, you should be able to do the same thing.

Mike

All sorted out now. Like you said, I instructed Norton to make a file scan exclusion for isfile32.dll (actually the entire temphandi folder) and it didn't delete it and the app works. Thanks.

mikesal57
04-26-2016, 07:48 AM
Ran into this on Monday 4/25

Parx 2ND race...

# 7 came up with NO Carroll Speed Fig..
(note: horse #6 also has 2 lifetime races but was OK with Carroll )

Handiman
04-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Could possibly be a corrupted data file. Or data file not complete.

Handi:)

mikesal57
04-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Sorry Handi.....I just need a little more reassurance before I blow up data files :)

You say that CS is based on speed figures..

This horse had 2 lifetime races and both speed figures are visual...S1 & S2

So how did a "0" get populated in the CS column.?

I have noticed this in a few races but it just hit me to question ..

mike

mikesal57
04-26-2016, 11:07 AM
That 7 horse is not that far away from the 6 winner....

Dont know if there was a CS figure he would have moved up in the ranks
but he did come in 2nd...

raybo
04-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Ran into this on Monday 4/25

Parx 2ND race...

# 7 came up with NO Carroll Speed Fig..
(note: horse #6 also has 2 lifetime races but was OK with Carroll )

Could it be that the program first qualifies pacelines by distance (route or sprint)? The 6 had two sprint figures and the 7 had two route figures, and this was a sprint race. I know, in my program, no sprint pacelines are used for a route race, and no route pacelines are used for a sprint race. Likewise for dirt and turf races, the surfaces in the available pacelines must be dirt, for a dirt race, or turf, for a turf race, otherwise the horse gets no rating, and if 20% or more of the field have no distance/surface qualified pacelines, the race receives a "pass" notification.

mikesal57
04-26-2016, 02:04 PM
Could it be that the program first qualifies pacelines by distance (route or sprint)? The 6 had two sprint figures and the 7 had two route figures, and this was a sprint race. I know, in my program, no sprint pacelines are used for a route race, and no route pacelines are used for a sprint race. Likewise for dirt and turf races, the surfaces in the available pacelines must be dirt, for a dirt race, or turf, for a turf race, otherwise the horse gets no rating, and if 20% or more of the field have no distance/surface qualified pacelines, the race receives a "pass" notification.

Sounds logical Ray...just want to see if HF runs that way too..

Handiman
04-27-2016, 09:37 AM
Don't know if anyone is using Carroll Speed or not, but I really like it. Here is a couple of nice little gems you could have had yesterday with just Carroll Speed alone...

Paid to win :
Sunland Race 7..... mineral rights 72.40
Indiana Race 9... Amoldfashiongirl 54.60

Finding some nice ones.

Mon
05-01-2016, 09:32 AM
many thanks again for your support Handi; but i think your program will not load the derby race. way too many horses are on the card.
tried to load the brisnet file and it closes.
www.brisnet.com/secure-bin/brisclub/brisrep.cgi/dby0507k.zip?drsdby0507k.zip

mikesal57
05-01-2016, 09:41 AM
many thanks again for your support Handi; but i think your program will not load the derby race. way too many horses are on the card.
tried to load the brisnet file and it closes.
www.brisnet.com/secure-bin/brisclub/brisrep.cgi/dby0507k.zip?drsdby0507k.zip

I dont have this years file yet but I did load last years file with 22 horses and it worked fine...maybe a corrupt file you have...???

Handiman
05-01-2016, 03:26 PM
I believe it will hold up to 25 horse per race. How many are in the Derby this year?

Speed Figure
05-01-2016, 03:29 PM
I believe it will hold up to 25 horse per race. How many are in the Derby this year?

20 is the max.

hyipro
05-02-2016, 01:07 PM
no pp numbers assigned that is why I think it would not load, horse names and states only

Viruss
05-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Good Morning guys

$64000 question is... How does lani get Points for EP on the program. I was running the derby though the new program and noticed this.

Earl J

mikesal57
05-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Good Morning guys

$64000 question is... How does lani get Points for EP on the program. I was running the derby though the new program and noticed this.

Earl J
What do you mean by "getting points for EP"
According to HF Lani is no speed horse but has the best late rating....
Each horse gets a raw rating in each category and then it does its thing to get a combine Total Figure...

Mike

Secondbest
05-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Steve Christ likes the same top three.Think he's a user?

upthecreek
05-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Steve Christ likes the same top three.Think he's a user?
He wouldn't get the same 3 unless he had mikesal57 secret settings

mikesal57
05-05-2016, 01:27 PM
He wouldn't get the same 3 unless he had mikesal57 secret settings

Keep sucking up there buddy

Viruss
05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Your screen shot is way different then mine.

Earl J

upthecreek
05-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Keep sucking up there buddy
Just stating the facts

mikesal57
05-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Your screen shot is way different then mine.

Earl J
Earl
You need to set up sone kind of an analysts to get good numbers

Viruss
05-05-2016, 03:26 PM
What??? My setting are fine winners in my top 4 most of the time!! They work well for the tracks I play..

Earl J

mikesal57
05-06-2016, 07:35 AM
What??? My setting are fine winners in my top 4 most of the time!! They work well for the tracks I play..

Earl J

Earl..if your asking why the numbers are different between us ..
maybe its because I'm using JCapper Files and your using DRF Files...

Mike

mikesal57
05-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Screen Shot of Derby using "Woods" scaling.....prior screen shot is "Fib"
Looks like the 15 & 5 moves up...

Viruss
05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Earl..if your asking why the numbers are different between us ..
maybe its because I'm using JCapper Files and your using DRF Files...

Mike

That's what I was asking... Thanks Mike

Earl J

mikesal57
05-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Your welcome

Looking forward to people and their settings for what they come up with

Mike

mikesal57
05-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Hey Earl....

are you sticking to your settings?

Mike

Handiman
05-09-2016, 10:45 PM
I am slowly working on fixing bugs. Also adding a view/change analyst option. A couple guys mentioned that recently. But I have to be honest, It was suggested to me quite some time ago by Dave Schwartz. He has been a good sounding board for me. I can't thank him enough for the help.

We do have different approaches, but I have been able to include some of his ideas for sure. So if you hit some doozies you can thank him for his input! :)

And there is no doubt, we wouldn't be where we are without, Doug Woods, the creator of the concept. And then the work done by HeadHawg and Mike Dorn have been so awesome.

I have been asked recently about creating a Handifast user group. I have been thinking about it. It would be a private group as it would be for die hard users, to exchange ideas. I'm working on some research concerning the settings and getting some good results. I also have noticed something with the program that I believe could make a huge difference in hitting exotics. But right now I am just forming some ideas, which I will test down the road. But if the results are what I think they might be, it could be huge and would be exchanged with the group.

mikesal57
05-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Handi...

A private user group would be awesome...

Who is that genius that thought of that?

Mike

P.S.- Are you saying that I have to be nice to Dave? :eek:

douglasw32
05-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Handi , thanks for the kind words, and all of your hard work. To everyone who contributed in any way , including the users and this wonderful forum ... Where enough people freely shared the beginning knowledge I needed to start writing code. Thank you all. It proves that from open source great things can flourish. It has grown beyond anything I could have hoped for. Great job!

mikesal57
05-10-2016, 08:35 AM
If I say again thanks to all involved ...

people may start to think I'm a HoMo... :lol:

Mike

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2016, 11:30 AM
I could set you guys up a private forum right here if you'd like. Just throwing my hat into the ring.

And I must confess, I've never given Handifast its proper due...personally...I think I'm going to sit down with it in the coming weeks and really try and sink my teeth into it...I wish I had more time in the day! :faint:

mikesal57
05-11-2016, 12:40 PM
I could set you guys up a private forum right here if you'd like. Just throwing my hat into the ring.

And I must confess, I've never given Handifast its proper due...personally...I think I'm going to sit down with it in the coming weeks and really try and sink my teeth into it...I wish I had more time in the day! :faint:

I'm sorry PA...but this is for people that have something positive to share and are willing to give it up...
I'm sure lots of people will say the same thing just to get in and not contribute
but if I'm Handi ...I'd keep it a tight hold on it...

my opinion

Mike

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry PA...but this is for people that have something positive to share and are willing to give it up...
I'm sure lots of people will say the same thing just to get in and not contribute
but if I'm Handi ...I'd keep it a tight hold on it...

my opinion

MikeLike I said...it would be a private forum only visible to those whom Handi tells me to give access to...and I could give him moderator control over it as well....

I'm just giving you guys the option and trying to help if that's what he's looking for...if not, that's ok too.

mikesal57
05-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Like I said...it would be a private forum only visible to those whom Handi tells me to give access to...and I could give him moderator control over it as well....

I'm just giving you guys the option and trying to help if that's what he's looking for...if not, that's ok too.

Thxs PA...its up to Handi

Handiman
05-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Very close to opening up the user group.

I am almost done with version 9.1...... Fixed a couple of bugs I found. Also, now when you go to build an analyst, all factor fields are pre-populated with 0's so no weights from previous builds get carried over to new analysts.

And have added a view/change option. So if you want to bring up an analyst and see what's in it, and make some changes you can do that. Have just a few lines of code to finish that feature.

So if you want to view and not make changes, then you just close the window. But if you make changes to the factors, just click on save setup and the analyst will be changed and saved.

Hope to have the 9.1 available in a couple of days.

Already formulating some additions to 9.3. Which hopefully will allow the user to display factor rankings in stead of raw numbers as is done now. Display either way if all works out. But with me you can never tell...:lol:

Viruss
05-20-2016, 05:45 AM
Already formulating some additions to 9.3. Which hopefully will allow the user to display factor rankings in stead of raw numbers as is done now.

Was thinking that would be a great idea just a few weeks ago!!

Go Handi Go!!

Earl J

mikesal57
05-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Very close to opening up the user group.

I am almost done with version 9.1...... Fixed a couple of bugs I found. Also, now when you go to build an analyst, all factor fields are pre-populated with 0's so no weights from previous builds get carried over to new analysts.

And have added a view/change option. So if you want to bring up an analyst and see what's in it, and make some changes you can do that. Have just a few lines of code to finish that feature.

So if you want to view and not make changes, then you just close the window. But if you make changes to the factors, just click on save setup and the analyst will be changed and saved.

Hope to have the 9.1 available in a couple of days.

Already formulating some additions to 9.3. Which hopefully will allow the user to display factor rankings in stead of raw numbers as is done now. Display either way if all works out. But with me you can never tell...:lol:

Hey Handi...Is the CSV part still challenging you?

Mike

Handiman
05-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Trying to get a couple things done and then going to hand off that part to HeadHawg. He is the csv guy. Wanted to get the ranking display code done first, so he doesn't have to do the coding twice.

mikesal57
05-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Trying to get a couple things done and then going to hand off that part to HeadHawg. He is the csv guy. Wanted to get the ranking display code done first, so he doesn't have to do the coding twice.

Handi...

Just want to make sure that when making the CVS file..
the factor number and its corresponding ranks have their own column for each..

Also , this is new , when creating the CSV file that Today races can be incorporated into it ...Yes it wont have a results file with it but it can be used as a sort of looking at the horse and have a mini Past Performance when its sorted out....
if you or HH needs me to explain further , let me know..

mike

NorCalGreg
05-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Heya Mike----post up the handi-fast screen shot pick for the Preakness in the thread I got going.

mikesal57
05-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Heya Mike----post up the handi-fast screen shot pick for the Preakness in the thread I got going.

Got me just before I left for work....

Done....

Handiman
05-22-2016, 12:12 AM
Handifast Version 9.1 is on the wing in the air on it's way to PA. Should be up in a day or so. Now couple important things to note.

This is an upgrade to 9.0. So before unzipping, you must delete 2 files. Go to your temphandi folder and delete Handifast 9.0 application file and the .tkn file. Then you can unzip the new download in your temphandi folder. If you get notice while unzipping, that you now have duplicate files, just click ok to install new files and let them switch out the old files. The download will not affect your file of race object setups.

That should be it.

Anybody downloading for the first time will need to contact me and I will send you a couple of files not included in the update.

Also the user group is now open. If you want to become a member, just contact me and let me know.

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2016, 01:06 PM
The newest (v9.1) version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast (http://www.paceadvantage.com/Handifast Version 9.1.zip)

Handiman
05-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Been working hard on the next upgrade. Should be released soon hopefully. Getting close to coder's burnout. But the new upgrade at present, allows the user to handicap a race and display results in raw number form as originally coded, or you can display the results by their ranking per factor. You also have the ability to designate how low to show the ranks. So if all you want to see is the top rank, then set it to 1 or if you want to see ranks down to say 4, then set it to that. Or display all the ranks.

There was a request to be able to re-handicap and view a race by just choosing another Analyst. So I am looking at that right now. If I can do it, that will be added to this next upgrade also.

Doing some research on analysts, and so I ran 64 races yesterday and finished with a small profit. That's without figuring in a rebate and flat betting 2 horses to win. Still have more research to do, but pleased with the results so far.

mikesal57
05-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Handi..

Slow down dude...don't need you blow a circuit :(

pace yourself....

maybe a timetable will be sufficient on what your getting done and when...

Mike

raybo
05-30-2016, 02:01 PM
I wholeheartedly agree! Everything doesn't have to be done NOW. I've had to slow down my upgrades, for various reasons, burnout being only one of them, currently it's eye strain, to the point of my not being able to see much to the direct left of my focal point. That stuff affects other parts of life (like immediately recognizing people's faces, watching TV, driving, etc.!) and can lead to permanent damage. Not worth it!!

Handiman
05-30-2016, 07:46 PM
Yea, I get a little driven sometimes....LOL

But still having fun right now. Taking a break to go watch the Warriors tonight at my daughters. That should be fun and hope they win and move onto the Championship game.

Pensacola Pete
05-31-2016, 03:11 PM
I installed the software and the extra files Handi sent me. I'm getting this error when I try to open the program:

Message 5003:
unable to allocate virtual address space.

Any help would be appreciated.

headhawg
05-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Pete,

How much RAM do you have? What is your OS?

Pensacola Pete
05-31-2016, 07:12 PM
16 GB RAM, i7 processor, SSD drive, Windows 10. The program doesn't work on my 1 terabyte standard drive, either.

EDIT: A previous version of Handi (X?) worked. The little I've found on the internet seems to point to this being a Liberty Basic issue. I'm not a programmer, so I don't understand most of what they're saying.

Handiman
05-31-2016, 09:28 PM
I should have fixed the problem. Hope to have a working version to you within the hour.

Handi😋

headhawg
05-31-2016, 10:41 PM
There is a known, but as yet unfixed, bug in the latest version (4.5) of Liberty Basic. It has to do with how LB allocates memory or rather the amount. Previous versions of Handifast were probably created in an earlier version of LB (4.04) that allocated less memory and didn't cause the issue. I asked how much RAM you had as I also have 16 GB and can't get Handifast 9.x to run either. I thought maybe it had to do with the amount of RAM on the user's system, but it seems that people with less than 16 GB also have the problem. I think the author of LB would have fixed the problem if it was easy to do, but the issue is really with the language (Smalltalk) used to create LB, not LB itself.

If Handi has a fix, that would be good news.

Handiman
05-31-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm really not sure. But I got caught in a weak moment late at night recently and I ended up upgrading to windows 10. I noticed afterward that Win 10 changed the control object and analyst object to a 3d object. Not sure what that is all about, so any way I rolled back today to win 8.1 and the files are back to normal. So maybe that will fix the problem.

headhawg
05-31-2016, 11:12 PM
Handi,

If you're talking about Pete's problem, the version of Windows you or the user has won't fix the main problem. You would have to create the Handifast .exe and .tkn file using LB 4.04. That will probably fix it, although not sure how LB handles Windows 10 so maybe not. But I get the same error as Pete and I'm using Win7.

Handiman
05-31-2016, 11:45 PM
Head,

Do you have any working copy of 9.* ?

Handiman
05-31-2016, 11:53 PM
Handifast Upgrade 9.2 is on the wing and flying toward PA as I type this. Now there be some glitch with Liberty Basic that has shown up now. So before you do anything, if you have a working program, copy Handifast application file and the .tkn file from temphandi and put in another folder for safe keeping right now.

Then when you get the upgrade 9.2 before unzipping, delete the handifast application file and the .tkn file from temphandi and then unzip version 9.2 into temphandi.

I am attaching a view of the screen explaining the new feature.

Handi

Handiman
05-31-2016, 11:56 PM
I failed to mention that between races you can change display to go from raw or Rank to the other by clicking on appropriate buttons.

PaceAdvantage
06-01-2016, 02:24 AM
The newest (v9.02) version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast (http://www.paceadvantage.com/HandifastVer9.02.zip)

Handi, shouldn't that be version 9.2? Hopefully that's just a typo on your part and you didn't send me the wrong version?

Handiman
06-01-2016, 02:42 AM
Guilty...Dumb as mud...:lol:

It is a typo.

Pensacola Pete
06-01-2016, 02:53 AM
I unzipped the 2 files to c:\temphandi.

Same error. Unable to allocate virtual memory space.

Handiman
06-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Are there any Handifast users in the Houston Texas area? I'm going to be there for a couple of weeks starting Thursday.

headhawg
06-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Head,

Do you have any working copy of 9.* ?

Handi:)No. I get the same error as PenPete. I can load the source code and run through the editor but not through the .exe. There's been posts about the memory allocation on the LB forum. It's a bug, and the only solution for those who have the problem is to create the program in 4.04. Of course, that won't work if you are using any of the new features of LB 4.5.

Handiman
06-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Head,

I have been running the program from the .exe this morning and have had no problems at all. Upthecreek says his is working fine also.

So not sure what to do.

upthecreek
06-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Head,

I have been running the program from the .exe this morning and have had no problems at all. Upthecreek says his is working fine also.

So not sure what to do.

I'm running latest version on W8.1/64 bit with no problems

headhawg
06-01-2016, 12:41 PM
It's a problem that doesn't occur for everyone, just certain computer configurations. The only fix for those who cannot run the .exe (like Pete and myself) is to compile using LB 4.04. Again, that assumes you are not using any of the LB 4.5 features.

jk3521
06-01-2016, 01:08 PM
I feel bad. I was looking forward to using the software and joining the discussion group, but Windows 10 tells me that "this app cannot work on my P.C." and check with the software publisher.

Pensacola Pete
06-01-2016, 02:09 PM
I feel bad. I was looking forward to using the software and joining the discussion group, but Windows 10 tells me that "this app cannot work on my P.C." and check with the software publisher.

Try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.

----

I got Handifast to work on my machine. If you want to cut to the chase, skip down to the TLDR: section. I spent a good bit of time working on this, so I'm going to tell the whole story, which may or may not help other Handifast users, Handiman, and/or others who may use Liberty Basic for something else.

I spent most of the morning researching this issue. Apparently, a potential problem might be that Liberty Basic 4.5 wants to reserve 1 GB of contiguous (consecutive unoccupied) space on the disk. The problem is that only 4 GB is allocated to Win32 processes (Win64 can theoretically have up to 8 terabytes), and 2 GB are reserved for the system/kernel. In some places I've read that Windows 64 can use up to the entire 4 GB, while in others only the part unused by the system will be available. Since programs don't load neatly into single-file in-close order, it may be possible that there isn't 1 GB of contiguous space.

Since some of us can run the program, while others can't, I guessed that the problem might be related to any or all of these: Windows 10, the SSD drive, and/or a 64 bit operating system.

SSD Drive: By their nature, these don't defragment. I tried running Handifast from my storage drive, a flash drive, and on a computer with a traditional hard disk (HDD), all with the same error.

Windows 10: I tried running the program on a Windows 7 computer with 8 GB of RAM and a regular hard disk (HDD), with the same error.

Next, I tried disabling all startup programs that could be disabled and rebooting. Same error.

64 bit System: Finally, I rebooted into safe mode. Now Handifast started, albeit in 640x480 display mode. I rebooted to normal mode. The error returned.

So the problem wasn't the SSD, Windows 10 (at least in my case), or having a 64 bit system.

This set me to thinking. The one thing that I hadn't disabled was Bitdefender (security software). I disabled both elements of anitvirus protection. Now Handifast started. I turned both back on. Same error.

Next, I disabled on-access scanning only. Same error. Then I turned that back on and disabled active threat control. Handifast started. I closed Handifast and turned active threat control back on. Same error. I turned active threat control back off, started Handifast, turned active threat control back on, and tried loading a card. It loaded, and I could navigate from one card to another.

On a lark, I tried disabling active threat control and opening 6 instances of Handifast, then turning active threat control back on and loading a different race card into each Handifast. They all loaded and were navigable.

Next, I added c:\temphandi to the list of excluded folders and also added the executable to the list of excluded programs. Same error when active threat control was on, the program loaded with active threat control off. So Bitdefender itself wasn't causing the problem (which was silly to believe in the first place). What apparently is causing the problem is that Bitdefender's active threat control (or at least the 32 bit part of it) is loading itself somewhere in the middle of the virtual address area and making it impossible for Liberty Basic to find its 1 GB of space. Follwing that logic, once Liberty Basic has its area reserved, Bitdefender can be reloaded and will find space somewhere else.

Or it could be something else entirely, and what worked for me might not work for everybody.

----

TLDR: Disabling Bitdefender's active threat control, until Handifast was started, and then (optionally) turning active threat control back on allowed the program to load and run normally. If you have Bitdefender and/or another antivirus/security software, this or similar might or might not work for you.

headhawg
06-01-2016, 02:34 PM
I have Bitdefender so I will try that later to confirm.

Dave Schwartz
06-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.

----

I got Handifast to work on my machine. If you want to cut to the chase, skip down to the TLDR: section. I spent a good bit of time working on this, so I'm going to tell the whole story, which may or may not help other Handifast users, Handiman, and/or others who may use Liberty Basic for something else.

I spent most of the morning researching this issue. Apparently, a potential problem might be that Liberty Basic 4.5 wants to reserve 1 GB of contiguous (consecutive unoccupied) space on the disk. The problem is that only 4 GB is allocated to Win32 processes (Win64 can theoretically have up to 8 terabytes), and 2 GB are reserved for the system/kernel. In some places I've read that Windows 64 can use up to the entire 4 GB, while in others only the part unused by the system will be available. Since programs don't load neatly into single-file in-close order, it may be possible that there isn't 1 GB of contiguous space.

Since some of us can run the program, while others can't, I guessed that the problem might be related to any or all of these: Windows 10, the SSD drive, and/or a 64 bit operating system.

SSD Drive: By their nature, these don't defragment. I tried running Handifast from my storage drive, a flash drive, and on a computer with a traditional hard disk (HDD), all with the same error.

Windows 10: I tried running the program on a Windows 7 computer with 8 GB of RAM and a regular hard disk (HDD), with the same error.

Next, I tried disabling all startup programs that could be disabled and rebooting. Same error.

64 bit System: Finally, I rebooted into safe mode. Now Handifast started, albeit in 640x480 display mode. I rebooted to normal mode. The error returned.

So the problem wasn't the SSD, Windows 10 (at least in my case), or having a 64 bit system.

This set me to thinking. The one thing that I hadn't disabled was Bitdefender (security software). I disabled both elements of anitvirus protection. Now Handifast started. I turned both back on. Same error.

Next, I disabled on-access scanning only. Same error. Then I turned that back on and disabled active threat control. Handifast started. I closed Handifast and turned active threat control back on. Same error. I turned active threat control back off, started Handifast, turned active threat control back on, and tried loading a card. It loaded, and I could navigate from one card to another.

On a lark, I tried disabling active threat control and opening 6 instances of Handifast, then turning active threat control back on and loading a different race card into each Handifast. They all loaded and were navigable.

Next, I added c:\temphandi to the list of excluded folders and also added the executable to the list of excluded programs. Same error when active threat control was on, the program loaded with active threat control off. So Bitdefender itself wasn't causing the problem (which was silly to believe in the first place). What apparently is causing the problem is that Bitdefender's active threat control (or at least the 32 bit part of it) is loading itself somewhere in the middle of the virtual address area and making it impossible for Liberty Basic to find its 1 GB of space. Follwing that logic, once Liberty Basic has its area reserved, Bitdefender can be reloaded and will find space somewhere else.

Or it could be something else entirely, and what worked for me might not work for everybody.

----

TLDR: Disabling Bitdefender's active threat control, until Handifast was started, and then (optionally) turning active threat control back on allowed the program to load and run normally. If you have Bitdefender and/or another antivirus/security software, this or similar might or might not work for you.

That is some of the most tenacious problem solving I have ever seen.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Handiman
06-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Absolutely awesome Pete!

jk3521
06-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack .

Get message,Virtual Machine.. cannot locate vvm31w.dll, check PATH statement.

acorn54
06-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Get message,Virtual Machine.. cannot locate vvm31w.dll, check PATH statement.

not to steer you wrong as i am not a guru by any means, however when a message errror pops up i google it and oftentimes i am able to solve the issue that way. also, other more computer oriented people than me may chime in, but it seems you have some sort of registry issue, with perhaps a registry vvm31w.dll, have to be installed on your computer.

cloud9
06-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Maybe I am misunderstanding the installing instructions . Why are we copying the Handifast application file and the .tkn file from temphandi and putting it in another folder before deleting them from the temphandi folder ?

mikesal57
06-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Maybe I am misunderstanding the installing instructions . Why are we copying the Handifast application file and the .tkn file from temphandi and putting it in another folder before deleting them from the temphandi folder ?

To save a working Handifast before upgrading to 9.2..

Just got it and its fine with my Win 10 machine..

Mike

Handi...You need to get a whole working zip for HF...doing these deletes and pastes are making me nuts...

headhawg
06-01-2016, 05:14 PM
acorn,

More likely that the file is missing from the temphandi folder. Using Mikesal's suggestions would eliminate that problem but probably create others. The main one would be overwriting any saved analyst settings. And if you back that up, you might as well back up the .tkn and .exe files. Besides, if you have 9.0 and 9.1 saved somewhere, then you can just overwrite without backing up. The needed files are already in the zip files that are downloaded from here, so you have a backup.

headhawg
06-01-2016, 05:48 PM
TLDR: Disabling Bitdefender's active threat control, until Handifast was started, and then (optionally) turning active threat control back on allowed the program to load and run normally. If you have Bitdefender and/or another antivirus/security software, this or similar might or might not work for you.As Dave wrote, mighty fine troubleshooting. That worked for me.

jk3521
06-01-2016, 05:51 PM
not to steer you wrong as i am not a guru by any means, however when a message errror pops up i google it and oftentimes i am able to solve the issue that way.

Thanks for the suggestion, I usually do that.

cloud9
06-01-2016, 06:36 PM
So you add the Handifast application file and the .tkn file tp the 9.2 update.

Handiman
06-01-2016, 09:46 PM
I was doing it this way to save you from losing your analyust file by replacing it with a default set. If somebody can tell me how to do it, I will.

Is it a matter of the computer letting you know you have duplicate analyst files when unzipping? If so, Then I can release a full working file instead of just the new application and .tkn files.

Handiman
06-01-2016, 09:50 PM
In the 9.2 upgrade, the only two files in the zip file IS the Handifast application file and the .tkn file.

I will from now on not change the application file file name to co-incide with the version number. That way I can release a complete working copy from now on. So for right now, delete the Handifast application file in your temphandi folder and also delete the .tkn file and then unzip 9.2 into the temphandi folder. Then it should be fine.

mikesal57
06-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Anyone needing to save an analysts ...just take a picture and save it in a folder...easy enough

Mike

Pensacola Pete
06-02-2016, 03:03 PM
I will from now on not change the application file file name to co-incide with the version number.

If that's done, users should save backup copies of the executable (i.e. Handifast92, Handifast 91) before installing a new version, so they can roll back if the update has bugs.

Handiman
06-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Good idea.

cloud9
06-03-2016, 08:54 PM
When I click on Race Analysts I get a choice of six Dirt and Eight Dirt . So do you have to pick six Dirt when you are handicapping a sprint race and Eight Dirt for route races ? Is this the way it works ?

upthecreek
06-03-2016, 09:17 PM
When I click on Race Analysts I get a choice of six Dirt and Eight Dirt . So do you have to pick six Dirt when you are handicapping a sprint race and Eight Dirt for route races ? Is this the way it works ?
You're suppose to build your own analysts Its all in the manual

Handiman
06-04-2016, 06:49 AM
Cloud,

Those are just default setting to get you started. You can create up 100 different analysts. So if you want you can drill right down to The exact race type and build an analyst and test it.

cloud9
06-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Can someone tell me which category would be best for considering late speed ?

mikesal57
06-04-2016, 09:37 AM
"LATE"

cloud9
06-04-2016, 10:26 AM
"LATE"All I see is late pace

cloud9
06-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Is Distance speed the same as late speed ?

mikesal57
06-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Is Distance speed the same as late speed ?

here is an early document on handifast...maybe this can help...

Handiman
06-05-2016, 03:00 AM
Simple answer Cloud is No.

Distance speed is horse's best speed at this distance.

Late speed is a measurement of the horse's ability to bring it home in the final stages of the race.

Handiman
06-05-2016, 03:09 AM
I'm just finishing up the next upgrade.... Yea I'm a little crazy as it's 2am here in Houston. :lol:

Not sure when I will get it released as I am trying to find any bugs that might be hiding. When you get it, you will be able to run a race and then by clicking a button, you will be able to rerun that race with a different Analyst as many times as you want. I have 26 analysts and I can run a race through all of them one after another.

This will be most likely my last update for a while. I have been speaking with Dave Schwartz and bouncing things off him. He has given me some great insight into handicapping I hadn't thought of before. And so I want to do some research without any pressure of a deadline looming, even though that deadline is self imposed for the most part.

He has been instrumental in the forward leaps Handifast has taken. I really appreciate the time he gives me, and as a result our program is going to get better and better I believe with my whole heart.

mikesal57
06-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Is HH working on the CSV part?

headhawg
06-05-2016, 08:54 AM
When Handi gets this version done and bug free I am sure he will send me source and I will try to start coding the csv export stuff. I say try as the latest version of LB is flaky on my system. You will also have to be patient -- figuring out someone else's code logic is pretty rough, and I don't have nearly the time to spend on this kind of stuff as I used to. If I did HHXv3 would have been out a long time ago.

I will do the best that I can.

Tony L
06-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Hi guys, I just downloaded the handifast program from post 100, now I'm trying to open a track. I downloaded a file from twinspires (bris), it's evd0609k (Evangeline Downs for today). So I click on "select track" and I found the file, and it said "file loaded successfully". But then when I click on "select race", there is nothing there, it is blank. Did I download the wrong type of pp? I did "PP data files (single)".

Tony L
06-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Never mind, I had to unzip the bris file, I got it now.

Pensacola Pete
06-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Hi guys, I just downloaded the handifast program from post 100, now I'm trying to open a track. I downloaded a file from twinspires (bris), it's evd0609k (Evangeline Downs for today). So I click on "select track" and I found the file, and it said "file loaded successfully". But then when I click on "select race", there is nothing there, it is blank. Did I download the wrong type of pp? I did "PP data files (single)".

The download of the latest version of Handifast is kept current in the first post of this thread, courtesy of PA.

Handiman
06-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Been Hard at it and I believe I have the bugs in the ranking fixed. Just about to give it the final ok. Then off to Pa tomorrow probably.

Handiman
06-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Here's a couple of screen shots to show you how things work now.

mikesal57
06-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Nice going Handi..
It must be fun getting these work arounds going..lol

Mike

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Hi guys, I just downloaded the handifast program from post 100, now I'm trying to open a track. I downloaded a file from twinspires (bris), it's evd0609k (Evangeline Downs for today). So I click on "select track" and I found the file, and it said "file loaded successfully". But then when I click on "select race", there is nothing there, it is blank. Did I download the wrong type of pp? I did "PP data files (single)".Tony, you have downloaded a very old version.

Please see the first post in this thread to get the most recent version:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91683&page=1&pp=1

cloud9
06-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Tony, you have downloaded a very old version.

Please see the first post in this thread to get the most recent version:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91683&page=1&pp=1 The update on page one is 9.02 thats not the one he just completed is it ?

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2016, 06:41 PM
The update on page one is 9.02 thats not the one he just completed is it ?It is the most recent version he sent to me...about a week or so ago. He mistyped the file name. It is version 9.2. It's the newest version as far as I know. Unless he's completed a newer version within the last day or two...if he has, he hasn't sent it to me yet to post.

cloud9
06-10-2016, 06:54 PM
It is the most recent version he sent to me...about a week or so ago. He mistyped the file name. It is version 9.2. It's the newest version as far as I know. Unless he's completed a newer version within the last day or two...if he has, he hasn't sent it to me yet to post.Do I have to deleted any fils from the temphandi folder defore installing the update ?

Handiman
06-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Version 9.3 is on the wing and flying to PA as I type this. It is a complete download So new people will have everything they need to get started.

For those who have created their own analysts, this version comes with the default starter analysts. So before you unzip if you have analysts you want to keep, you will need to copy race object file and the objectcontrol file and then just switch out the starter ones for your saved ones. Don't change the file names or they won't work.

I don't know how else to put out a complete download and at the same time protect analysts you have created. Sorry, I'm just not that smart.

P.S. Please look at the recent post that has the 3 screenshots taht explain the new features.

Tony L
06-11-2016, 12:48 AM
Thanks!

Handiman
06-11-2016, 01:32 AM
PA... 9.3 is on it's way.

Tony L
06-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Can't get this to work. I click on the application and I get the message 'cannot locate vvm31w.dll; path statement.'

mikesal57
06-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Can't get this to work. I click on the application and I get the message 'cannot locate vvm31w.dll; path statement.'

Wait till PA post Version 9.3 ...all should be OK (maybe..lol)

Mike

Tony L
06-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Ok I'll wait and try it then, thanks.

acorn54
06-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Ok I'll wait and try it then, thanks.

tony i am assuming this is your first download of the program. if it is you must initialize your c drive to make a sub c drive folder to unzip it to NOT create a new folder in your general c drive to put the zipped folder into that will not work
if it is not your first try with handi then let me know
good luck

Tony L
06-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Hi acorn54, thanks for helping. I initially tried installing from the first page of this thread, I had problems and gave up. Later I installed version 2.3 from post #100, that one I had working. PaceAdvantage posted that that was a very old version, and I should install from the first page. So I deleted version 2.3 and tried again, and as I said I get the message 'cannot locate vvm31w.dll; path statement', when I click on the application. You said I "must initialize your c drive to make a sub c drive folder to unzip it to NOT create a new folder in your general c drive to put the zipped folder into that will not work". I have no idea how to do that!

Should I just wait for version 9.3?

headhawg
06-11-2016, 01:38 PM
To lessen the confusion Tony, I would say yes. 9.3 will be a full install with all of the files. There is a readme file which will make it easy to install and run the program.

Tony L
06-11-2016, 01:43 PM
Great headhawg, thanks.

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Will have it up in a few minutes...

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2016, 01:54 PM
The newest (v9.3) version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast (http://www.paceadvantage.com/HandifastVer9.3.zip)

Handiman
06-11-2016, 02:13 PM
I want to thank PA for all of his support. He has been very gracious when putting up with me and for providing us, Handifast users, with a place to call our own.

A Giant THANK YOU PA!

mikesal57
06-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Hey Handi...

Did you put some voodoo shit in this program????

I extracted it into a complete new folder , didn't move or copy anything and all my previous analysts was showing up!!!

:confused:

Mike

jk3521
06-12-2016, 10:38 AM
A nice smooth install,not having to erase this and that and move this to there. Thanks.

Pensacola Pete
06-14-2016, 03:35 AM
Handifast users would do well to make a separate folder (or on a flash stick, or on an online storage such as Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive) and copy their race.obj and raceobjectctrl.obj files into the sub folder. Then if anything goes wrong, the analysts can be recovered.

Pensacola Pete
06-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Suggestion for the next update: a way to have the program ignore quarterhorse races. Clicking on one crashes the program.

I believe that there;s a flag in the data files that designates quarterhorse, Arabian, mixed, paint, etc., and I'm fairly sure it's in the same location on all BRIS files and on JCapper files.

Of course, it would help if I was more careful not to click on those races at tracks (i.e. Arapahoe) that carry such.

raybo
06-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Suggestion for the next update: a way to have the program ignore quarterhorse races. Clicking on one crashes the program.

I believe that there;s a flag in the data files that designates quarterhorse, Arabian, mixed, paint, etc., and I'm fairly sure it's in the same location on all BRIS files and on JCapper files.

Of course, it would help if I was more careful not to click on those races at tracks (i.e. Arapahoe) that carry such.

Here is the field that the breed flag appears, in both the Brisnet single files and the JCapper/HDW data files.

23, AG1 Breed Type (AP-Appaloosa, AR-Arabian, PT-Paint/Pinto, QH-Quarter Horse, TB-Thoroughbred, NB-Non-tbred in TJC registry)

Handiman
06-16-2016, 10:54 AM
I will put it in on next upgrade.

Handiman
06-16-2016, 05:50 PM
I have been talking with Dave Schwartz quite a bit lately. I know most of you are familiar with his program, 'HSH' but you may not know that they have access to about 4,000 factors. That is a ton for sure. We have 21 I think it is...LOL.

So the question is, do we have enough factors? Dave's program is the most sophisticated program that I know about. I don't expect to turn Handifast into a clone of 'HSH'. I don't want to, but I do want to make Handifast a more robust program. As I said before, I want our users to become winners if they really want to or have the desire to put in the work to accomplish that goal. Whether full time or just recreational.

I know that is a pretty lofty goal. But if I don't try to shoot for the moon, it is for sure we won't hit it.

So there it is in a nutshell.

Dr Gonzo
06-17-2016, 12:31 PM
So the question is, do we have enough factors?

I believe that we have more than enough factors to deal with but if we can get factors that are more predictive than some of the ones we're now using, let's swap 'em out.

Doc

jk3521
06-17-2016, 12:59 PM
More factors, more confusion. Keep the same amount, maybe swapping some old ones with new ones. This is not rocket science. These are animals running around an oval surface. How simple can you get.

Handiman
06-17-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm open to suggestions. So what factors are you guys interested in seeing? I heard from one of our guys that factors that were more predictive. What would those be?

upthecreek
06-17-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm open to suggestions. So what factors are you guys interested in seeing? I heard from one of our guys that factors that were more predictive. What would those be?

I use odds and field size(beaten horses) and APV in my paper & pencil calculations
Also I'd liked to possibly see "flags" added,but maybe that's out of the scope of the program

raybo
06-17-2016, 03:36 PM
There is only so much that one can get from the raw data files. Only so many factors that are "unique". What I'm saying is that, when using commercial data files there are only a certain number of factors that are not already incorporated into other factors. Those "unique" factors can of course be combined, in various ways, to create more complex "composite" factors.

So, IMO, the goal is to identify the unique factors that are included in the raw commercial data files. Once those unique factors are identified, they can be combined via the weightings the user applies to each unique factor. The more factors one includes in their set of weightings, the more "watered down" they tend to become. Sure, one can include many factors in a set, and produce good hit rates, but that usually means that the average payouts are lower, to the point of negating the higher hit rate.

So, the number of factors the user can choose from is a two-way street, the solution, almost assuredly, is in determining the best mix of hit rate and average payout, and that depends on the individual user and how determined they are in attaining long term profit, rather than just picking a larger number of winners.

Handiman
06-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Up,

What do you mean by "flags"?

upthecreek
06-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Up,

What do you mean by "flags"?

Like. If a horse is dropping in class,or a jock switch,or was claimed in last, etc.the program would flag it .

Handiman
06-18-2016, 01:54 AM
How would you want the info presented?

mikesal57
06-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Dave produced a book called Percentages and Probabilities a few years ago..
if someone has the book , maybe they can pull out a few factors that might help...or test..

Mike

Dave Schwartz
06-18-2016, 10:10 AM
What I actually did, was to create some factors that were similar to what Handi has in his software and run them through our ObjectMaster program against the last 2 years of claiming races.

As I recall, it looked at about 20x20x20x20 combinations, looking for factors that got longer-priced winners in the top 3. Then I gave those objects to Milford.

mikesal57
06-18-2016, 10:21 AM
What I actually did, was to create some factors that were similar to what Handi has in his software and run them through our ObjectMaster program against the last 2 years of claiming races.

As I recall, it looked at about 20x20x20x20 combinations, looking for factors that got longer-priced winners in the top 3. Then I gave those objects to Milford.

thxs Dave...

OK ...Handi....hand it over...dont be greedy

upthecreek
06-18-2016, 10:42 AM
How would you want the info presented?

A couple different programs I've seen just had a column where it would list "flags" like J for jock switch,C for claimed 1L for first lasix and so on

mikesal57
06-18-2016, 10:47 AM

Did anything catch your eye or surprised you?

Tony L
06-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Hi guys, how do I join the handifast users group?

Dr Gonzo
06-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Hi guys, how do I join the handifast users group?

Send your request via private message to Handiman.

Or maybe he'll see it here.

Doc

Tony L
06-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Great, thanks.

Dave Schwartz
06-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Did anything catch your eye or surprised you?

The biggest issue was that the factors are kind of mainstream. So much so that they correlate pretty highly with the tote board.

I did one study with a few things that might be easily implemented like lengths/positions gained between calls of the last race. Also a time-decay approach to factor analysis that has done well for HSH users that is not very difficult to program.

mikesal57
06-18-2016, 02:54 PM
The biggest issue was that the factors are kind of mainstream. So much so that they correlate pretty highly with the tote board.

I did one study with a few things that might be easily implemented like lengths/positions gained between calls of the last race. Also a time-decay approach to factor analysis that has done well for HSH users that is not very difficult to program.

Thank you sir
Maybe Handi can do this..without blowing a fuse

Handiman
06-18-2016, 05:09 PM
I am testing some now. Will keep looking at the info and see what I can find.

mikesal57
06-18-2016, 05:22 PM
I am testing some now. Will keep looking at the info and see what I can find.

What happened to you taking a break... :D

Handiman
07-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Just heard from a Handifast user this morning. Playing Parx and in the 3rd, a 2 1/6 steeple chase, Handifast top 2 horses were the 6 and 5. The 6 came in first and paid $22.00 and the 5 was the back end of the exacta that paid like $144 I think it was....

Pretty cool.

You can do some cool stuff with Handifast when you get the factors and weights right.

Dr Gonzo
07-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Just heard from a Handifast user this morning. Playing Parx and in the 3rd, a 2 1/6 steeple chase, Handifast top 2 horses were the 6 and 5. The 6 came in first and paid $22.00 and the 5 was the back end of the exacta that paid like $144 I think it was....

Pretty cool.

You can do some cool stuff with Handifast when you get the factors and weights right.

Don't miss the giant ice cold trifecta :)

Handiman
07-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Yep I forgot that. 50 cent tri paid $296.50

Not bad for one race....:jump::jump::jump:

mikesal57
07-14-2016, 08:59 AM
Hey..

Handi had a bad day yesterday and ended up in hospital.
Lets wish Handi a fast recovery..

Get well soon ,buddy

Mike

upthecreek
07-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear that Get well soon HANDI!!!!!!!!! :ThmbUp:

Dr Gonzo
07-14-2016, 09:42 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Handi !

Doc

mmdorn
07-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Handi,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Get well soon.

Mike

jk3521
07-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Get well quick, Handiman !

Viruss
07-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Handi

I Hope your back to betting winners soon! Get well Buddy!

Earl J

barshoe
07-14-2016, 04:20 PM
HANDI , HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

Longshot6977
07-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Handi, wishing you a speedy recovery and long lasting health.

Handiman
07-15-2016, 02:05 AM
Thanks so much everyone. It was a rough couple of days. Basically what happened, I was heading out of my driveway on my motorcycle and just as I got out on the street, my Difibrillator went off for the first time after being in my chest for 7 years. No one ever told me what to expect or what to look for.

Felt like a bomb went off in my chest, everything went black. But I had some awareness and thought immediately I had had a Heart attack and that I was dead. Then the lights came back on and I was still riding my motorcycle. Just weird.

So I pulled over to the curb, walked back to my house and got ride to hospital. Apparently my heart had gotten out of rhythm and boom, off went the difib.

Anyway the chest was sore as hell for a day or so, but now back at it and doing good.

Again, thanks so much for the kind thoughts.

upthecreek
07-15-2016, 05:51 AM
Slow down there Easy Rider! Glad you're feeling better

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks so much everyone. It was a rough couple of days. Basically what happened, I was heading out of my driveway on my motorcycle and just as I got out on the street, my Difibrillator went off for the first time after being in my chest for 7 years. No one ever told me what to expect or what to look for.

Felt like a bomb went off in my chest, everything went black. But I had some awareness and thought immediately I had had a Heart attack and that I was dead. Then the lights came back on and I was still riding my motorcycle. Just weird.

So I pulled over to the curb, walked back to my house and got ride to hospital. Apparently my heart had gotten out of rhythm and boom, off went the difib.

Anyway the chest was sore as hell for a day or so, but now back at it and doing good.

Again, thanks so much for the kind thoughts.

Handi:)Wow...glad you're back and feeling better!

Vinnie
07-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Handi:

Awesome news to hear that you are doing so much better... :) :ThmbUp:

Handiman
09-14-2016, 11:51 PM
Had a major computer malfunction last night and lost all of my code for Handifast. Unless I can recover it, I will not be able to continue updating Handifst.

I was really upset, but things happen. We'll see how things go over the next month.

Handi:mad:

Longshot6977
09-15-2016, 07:47 AM
Had a major computer malfunction last night and lost all of my code for Handifast. Unless I can recover it, I will not be able to continue updating Handifst.

I was really upset, but things happen. We'll see how things go over the next month.

Surely you backed up your data somewhere, right? I hope you can recover it Handi, the app is wonderful. Try some various recovery apps as some are pretty good. Good luck.

mikesal57
09-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Sorry to hear that Handi.....

I do hope you did save it somewhere...

Did you happen to send it to HH when we were up to doing the CSV part?

Mike

Handiman
09-15-2016, 02:08 PM
I gthought I had but can't find it anywhere. Maybe able to salvage the hard disk and see what's on it.

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Wow, this is distressing news...you didn't work on it with anyone else who might have a copy of the source code?

Damn.

Handiman
09-16-2016, 02:27 AM
Not this last incarnation.

Feel just like an idiot for not having external copy. I thought I did, but apparently not.

douglasw32
09-16-2016, 09:44 PM
I work with a programmer at my day job and he says he may be able to decompile it with a hex editor since he knows assembly language If you come up with no other options.

He says it will not be easy but in theory can be done especially since it is small

Let me know if you are certain it can not be recovered any other way and we can take a crack at it.

Handiman
09-16-2016, 11:52 PM
Thanks Doug. Going to pull out the hard disk tomorrow. Had it looked at today, computer that is, and the person said I either fried the motherboard or the power supply. It was a cheap computer for just coding and email.

Once I get it out, if I have time tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can find an external drive I have and put it in and see what happens. If I can't find it, I will go to see Best Buy and try and not get raped by getting a new housine.

Dave Schwartz
09-17-2016, 12:31 AM
Handi,

Did you try just plugging the drive into another computer?

You might not be able to boot it but the drive could be readable.

If you want to send it to me (or come over for a day or so) I can give it to my tech guy if that doesn't work.

Dave

PS: Then I'll be able to sneak a look at all the secret software. ;-)

Oops. Just read your post. Just jump on Miss Victory and come visit. We'll get it back.

Handiman
09-17-2016, 09:11 AM
I would but I start house sitting tomorrow.

handi:)

Handiman
09-17-2016, 10:27 PM
It's September 17, 2016 at 7:24pm and all is well with the world. Hardisk removed and inserted in external hard drive case and working like a charm. The ole Handi, computer Wizard/Dumbass :bang: has things back in line and humming. :lol:

Now there is a copy of Handifast code on this computer and on a separate hard drive....Yea! :jump::jump::jump:

Now to get something to eat and relax.

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Cool beans! :ThmbUp:

davesnew
09-19-2016, 09:30 AM
oreo cookies and a glass of milk solve everything

dave s

Handiman
09-19-2016, 09:26 PM
About a week out for a small upgrade. If all goes well I will have a release that will alow the user to, when building analysts, assign negative values to the factors. Up to -250 points per factor.

deron52
12-16-2016, 08:12 AM
Sorry guys. Just realized I forgot to include that file. Thanks Head for clearing that up.

I canot get new software to work at all

mikesal57
12-16-2016, 08:31 AM
I canot get new software to work at all

If I recall, you need to start with the version 9.0 and install it a folder called temphandi and then install the others over it....make sure to use last one's exe file...

mike

acorn54
12-16-2016, 11:28 AM
About a week out for a small upgrade. If all goes well I will have a release that will alow the user to, when building analysts, assign negative values to the factors. Up to -250 points per factor.

acorn here. am i missing something my latest download is dated june 11, but analyst builder does not allow for negative values?

mikesal57
12-16-2016, 12:00 PM
acorn here. am i missing something my latest download is dated june 11, but analyst builder does not allow for negative values?

i dont think handi ever put it out

deron52
12-16-2016, 11:35 PM
i can not get new Handifast work at all

Handiman
12-17-2016, 01:31 AM
Deron,

Sorry you are having problems. Let me know what you have done from the start and maybe I can get you squared away.

mikesal57
12-17-2016, 09:05 AM
i can not get new Handifast work at all

What have you done? Tried?

Mike

mikesal57
12-17-2016, 09:18 AM
Deron,

Sorry you are having problems. Let me know what you have done from the start and maybe I can get you squared away.

Handi...maybe put a post up with ALL versions together can help...

Mike

P.S.- How are you feeling? Hows the baby sitting going?

Handiman
12-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Feeling better. Thanks. P.A. would have to do that.

I'm not even sure now how many versions there have been...LOL

Merry Christmas.

deron52
12-17-2016, 09:08 PM
cannot get the new handfast because I do have 9 version can you help me

deron52
12-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Deron,

I have download the new handfast I keep getting message runtime os error the system cannot find the path specfied

acorn54
12-18-2016, 03:42 PM
it cannot find the path specified i think because you don't have the path. like mike said you need to make a temphandi folder for the program.

Handiman
12-18-2016, 10:18 PM
They're right. You have to create a c:\temphandi folder. And put the program files in it. Then you race files can be anywhere you like.

See if that takes care of the problem.

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2016, 03:48 PM
Handi...maybe put a post up with ALL versions together can help...

Mike

P.S.- How are you feeling? Hows the baby sitting going?A post with links to all versions?

Not sure I even have all the versions. I think I delete the old ones, but I would have to check.

mikesal57
12-20-2016, 08:23 AM
A post with links to all versions?

Not sure I even have all the versions. I think I delete the old ones, but I would have to check.

Mike

I have all the versions.....Can you put em in one post?
Let me how what we can do..

Mike

Genoo
02-21-2017, 12:49 PM
wILL THIS PROGRAM RUN .mcj files

Geno

mikesal57
02-21-2017, 07:42 PM
send me a file and I'll try...thx

Mike

mikesal57@yahoo.com

WebCruser
03-25-2017, 07:28 AM
Says (Unable to allocate vitual address space) Program won't load? Im running win 10 ..Any help would be appreciated..Thanks

Viruss
03-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Web I don't have windows 10. But under most windows versions you can run programs under older windows settings.

Earl J

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Try this...

Create a folder named...temphandi on your C Drive

Install HF 9.3 into that folder....

Create SHORTCUT TO DESKTOP from handifastVer9.3 exe file

Mike

By the way ..Win 10 is fine

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 08:45 AM
Just like to know if anyone here has continued with this program....

IMO it has been very good to me...

I will post up GP later on for today..

Mike

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 12:08 PM
GP 3/25

1...6-2-5-4
2...7-1-2-6
3...3-4-2-5
4...7-3-4-9
5...2-7-5-6
6...3-2-7-8
7...4-7-5-1
8...6-10-9-3
9...2-4-8-3
10..4-6-1-7
11..5-3-4-1
12..3-6-2-4
13..7-8-4-3

Gl
Mike

headhawg
03-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Just like to know if anyone here has continued with this program....As you probably already know, people tend to give up on one program and move on to another, trying to find the magic box of handicapping. NCG's programs seem to be the program du jour, and I don't mean that as a slight in any way. FWIW, I think they're pretty good. But when Pace View came out there was much less interest in Handifast. Plus, Handi hasn't done any updates in a while. I hope he and his family are doing ok.

Nice to see that you have stuck with Handifast. Every once in a while I get an email from a couple of users that ask some questions about Handifast and programming and that makes me think of working on HHXv3 again. Not likely to happen as I don't have much free time anymore. Never say never, though. :)

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 01:12 PM
As you probably already know, people tend to give up on one program and move on to another, trying to find the magic box of handicapping. NCG's programs seem to be the program du jour, and I don't mean that as a slight in any way. FWIW, I think they're pretty good. But when Pace View came out there was much less interest in Handifast. Plus, Handi hasn't done any updates in a while. I hope he and his family are doing ok.

Nice to see that you have stuck with Handifast. Every once in a while I get an email from a couple of users that ask some questions about Handifast and programming and that makes me think of working on HHXv3 again. Not likely to happen as I don't have much free time anymore. Never say never, though. :)

Hey HH..

good to hear from you.....
I will email Handi and check things with him and post here...
I too wish you had the time to work on it :(

Actually I use your OLD HHX to get a csv file to work in Excel and derive my numbers for the factors in the new Handi...so dont think yours and handi's have gone by the wayside..

Mike

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 01:26 PM
GP 3/25

1...6-2-5-4
2...7-1-2-6
3...3-4-2-5
4...7-3-4-9
5...2-7-5-6
6...3-2-7-8
7...4-7-5-1
8...6-10-9-3
9...2-4-8-3
10..4-6-1-7
11..5-3-4-1
12..3-6-2-4
13..7-8-4-3

Gl
Mike

Race #1 winner #2 $3.20 $11 ex 2-4
Race #2 winner #7 $25 $150 ex 7-2

DD $52

Still going strong!!!

WebCruser
03-25-2017, 01:57 PM
The older version i had worked..ver 8.2 This ver 9.3 won't load..I did just like you said..

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 02:05 PM
The older version i had worked..ver 8.2 This ver 9.3 won't load..I did just like you said..

this is a compressed file ...did you extract it into the folder named temphandi ?

take snapshots and post...

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 02:13 PM
If that didnt help , you might need Ver 9.0 and 9.1 and then 9.3 installed in order..

give me your email and I'll get it to you Sunday morn...

Mike

mikesal57
03-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Race #1 winner #2 $3.20 $11 ex 2-4
Race #2 winner #7 $25 $150 ex 7-2

DD $52

Still going strong!!!

Race 3..... 4-2 EX $20
Race 4......7-3 EX $27

off to work....made enough...

WebCruser
03-25-2017, 02:18 PM
i unzipped into folder c: temphandi Then created a shortcut on desktop..when i click the run file it pops up and says (unable to allocate virtual address space?

WebCruser
03-25-2017, 02:24 PM
WilliamHurtt1973@yahoo.com

headhawg
03-25-2017, 04:02 PM
i unzipped into folder c: temphandi Then created a shortcut on desktop..when i click the run file it pops up and says (unable to allocate virtual address space?This is a bug in the programming language that allocates 1 GB of contiguous memory address space. It's kind of a no-no under many circumstances but I digress. I am not entirely sure why the problem doesn't happen to everybody but the only complete fix that I know of is for Handi to recompile the source code using an earlier version of the language. I get the error as well and I am not sure what the workaround is. Clearly mikesal gets it to work so maybe his suggestion about installing in layers might do the trick.

WebCruser
03-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Not real sure,but i turned off bitdefender protection and now it works..😏

WebCruser
03-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Anyone have any good factors that have worked pretty good useing Handifast? I'm new to useing it and any help would be great..i messed around with it for awhile and only ended up with one that works well for 3,200 bottom claimers on AW surface...lol..

Viruss
03-26-2017, 08:16 AM
Just like to know if anyone here has continued with this program....

IMO it has been very good to me...

I will post up GP later on for today..

Mike

Mike
I use it. I've been using it and HHX version also along with trying out NC Gregs platinum program.

Earl J

WebCruser
03-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Viruss are the other programs free?I'm pretty good at handicapping i guess thats because i've trained horse and now i'm an agent for a couple pin heads..lol.

WebCruser
03-26-2017, 08:57 AM
Where can i get HHX version?

mikesal57
03-26-2017, 09:42 AM
Finishing up on yesterdays card...

GP 3/25

1...6-2-5-4
2...7-1-2-6
3...3-4-2-5
4...7-3-4-9

5...2-7-5-6 #2 2.80
6...3-2-7-8 #2 10.80 ex $32 tri $114
7...4-7-5-1 #4 3.80 ex 19
8...6-10-9-3 OUT
9...2-4-8-3 #4 10.40 ex $26 tri $133
10..4-6-1-7 #1 4.80 ex $12 tri $21
11..5-3-4-1 #5 5.20 ex $12
12..3-6-2-4 #3 9.20 ex $26 $96
13..7-8-4-3 #8 $13.60 ex $46

For those that have done the deep research with this knows that getting the winner into one of the top 2 positions is most likely the best you can get.
On this card I got 11 out of 13 ...
A while ago I was getting the winner in the top 4... 7-8 times out of 10 races but the out lay was high to get a profit...now its understandable how this can be more beneficial to the bottom line...

Mike

Viruss
03-26-2017, 12:00 PM
I can email it to you.Just give me your email

Earl J

WebCruser
03-26-2017, 12:06 PM
WilliamHurtt1973@yahoo.com Thanks

decker91
04-19-2017, 09:20 PM
nickzautner@yahoo.com

mikesal57
04-20-2017, 12:06 PM
GP

1...3-5-1-6
2...7-2-4-6
3...3-5-1-6
4...2-4-6-7
5...FTS 7 ?
6...2-7-8-6
7...7-3-5-6
8...3-4-1-8
9...4-2-3-1
10..6-8-4-9

GL

Mike

NorCalGreg
04-20-2017, 01:03 PM
WilliamHurtt1973@yahoo.com Thanks

For the record, Bill....I thought you were fantastic in "Mr Brooks"
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

mikesal57
04-21-2017, 10:26 AM
RE-CAp 4-20

GP

1...3-5-1-6 .... #5-$7.60
2...7-2-4-6 .... #6-$8.60
3...3-5-1-6 .... #3-$2.60
4...2-4-6-7 .... #7-$7.00
5...FTS 7 ?
6...2-7-8-6 .... #8-$7.40
7...7-3-5-6 .... #7-$3.60
8...3-4-1-8 .... #1-$4.60
9...4-2-3-1 .... #2-$22.00
10..6-8-4-9 .... #4-$29.60

All winners in top 4
I play 2 systems ...one I mentioned.....the other is ???? for me
came ahead on the day

Anyone would like to post their picks...pls do..I would like to see if someone else
does better.

Mike

mikesal57
04-21-2017, 11:56 AM
GP 4-20

1...7-1-5-3
2...5-4-3-6
3...3-4-5-6
4...7-4-5-1
5...2-7-1-8
6...1-5-4-(8-2)
7...6-5-1
8...6-3-2-4
9...5-6-8-7
10..1-5-7-2

hracingplyr
04-21-2017, 01:41 PM
Know you bet that 6 at 14-1 ?

Bob

mikesal57
04-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Know you bet that 6 at 14-1 ?

Bob

Yes I did Bob
& the other $11 horses

mikesal57
04-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Re-Cap

GP 4-21

1...7-1-5-3...........#3-$7.60
2...5-4-3-6...........#6-$31.80
3...3-4-5-6...........#4-$11.00
4...7-4-5-1...........#7-$11.80
5...2-7-1-8...........#8-$6.00
6...1-5-4-(8-2).....#1-$5.40
7...6-5-1.............#5-$7.40
8...6-3-2-4..........#6-$3.40
9...5-6-8-7..........#5-$4.40
10..1-5-7-2..........#2-$17.80

another profitable day :)

mikesal57
04-22-2017, 12:38 PM
GP

1...2-7-8-9
2...5-4-6-7
3...2-5-6-7
4...1-5-3-2
5...2-8-7-6
6...2-4-7-8
7...1-2-8-5
8...2-8-7-9
9...3-1-8-12
10..3-5-7-1
11..12-8-1-2

GL

Mike

mikesal57
04-23-2017, 01:02 PM
not a good day Sat...

GP -wet & Sloppy today..

Going to do Keenland for 1st time...

Kee

1...4-2-5-6
2...6-8-4-5
3...6-1-4-2
4...6-4-5-3
5...2-5-4-8
6...9-1-7-2
7...1-7-4-2
8...1-12-8-5
9...13-10-4-9

Partsnut
04-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Hi Mike,

How's it going?

Where can I download a workable version of Handifast 9.3?
I no longer have any prior versions of this software.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bill

mikesal57
04-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Hi Mike,

How's it going?

Where can I download a workable version of Handifast 9.3?
I no longer have any prior versions of this software.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bill

hey Bill...been a while ..

How are you doing?

Just chugging along here and keeping busy..:)

Try the download on page #1..

but create a folder on C: drive call temphandi..and install zip in there..

if not, email me msalony101@aol.com

mike

mikesal57
04-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Hey All...

Belmont open with a BLAST....

RAce 4 straight 10-8 ex $458

Race 5 gave us $70

a few other winners too...

So sign up now for $50 access fee to HF Group for some more picks...

Mike

mikesal57
04-29-2017, 09:02 AM
just kidding....:lol:

upthecreek
04-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Hey All...

Belmont open with a BLAST....

RAce 4 straight 10-8 ex $458

Race 5 gave us $70

a few other winners too...

So sign up now for $50 access fee to HF Group for some more picks...

Mike
Will you take a 3rd party,post dated check?😀

mikesal57
04-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Will you take a 3rd party,post dated check?😀

Yes...but will cost you $50.50....

Handiman
05-19-2017, 02:37 AM
Trying to bounce back from health issues. And computer crash. Anyway I think I have the coding done and correct to allow users to assign negative values to factors. I hope to have the new upgrade release available sometime over the next few days.

mikesal57
05-19-2017, 06:46 AM
Awesome.....you da man!!!!

Handiman
05-25-2017, 05:06 PM
I believe I have the next upgrade ready. Not much changed, just added the capability to assign factors a negative value.

250 points either positive or negative is still the limit. The only thing that has changed is that when you open the build analyst window you will see a new "Negative" button near the top. How this works is, when you want to assign a negative value to a factor, click the negative button and then choose a factor. Then assign a numerical value from 1 to 250 to that factor. The program will turn the number into a negative value if you clicked the button before you chose the factor.

That's it. It will be version 9.5 as there is no 9.4 LOL. Man I hope i have this right. The old brain doesn't work like it used too..:lol: There should be just 2 files to download and paste into your handifast file.

Should have it in PA's hands sometime today.

PaceAdvantage
05-25-2017, 10:26 PM
New Version Files as of 5/25/17 Attached to this post

acorn54
05-26-2017, 09:24 AM
handi the new version with the negative settings works okay at this end. I will post a sample of how the negative value can be used..later.

mikesal57
05-26-2017, 09:38 AM
There's one thing that I dont care for with the Fibonacci approach...

I would like to use this new negative weighing on the ML factor...

but the way Fibonacci works is that only the "TOP4" of each category gets adjusted...

for example:

ML ODDS....8/5 , 3-1, 4-1 , 6-1 , 8-1 , 10-1 , 15-1 , etc

only the first 4 in the group with get adjusted and that 15-1 will not benefit from it and probably move up using this negative approach....

hope it makes sense...

Mike

acorn54
05-26-2017, 12:23 PM
mid distance profile weights that I am using in handi fast

DS= 250

EP= 100

LP=50

S3= 100

S2= 50

S1= -100

CS= 50

ML= -25

middle distance meaning 6.5 to 7.5

Handiman
05-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Mike with the Woods scaling only top 4 are effected also. So what is your suggestion?

Longshot6977
05-26-2017, 06:22 PM
mid distance profile weights that I am using in handi fast

DS= 250

EP= 100

LP=50

S3= 100

S2= 50

S1= -100

CS= 50

ML= -25

middle distance meaning 6.5 to 7.5

May I ask what the reason is for weighting the second speed back less than the 3rd speed back or last race speed? I have mine set for decreasing weights from S1 to S3 like 150,100,50. Did you find less importance with S2 thru some experience or test? Thanks.