PDA

View Full Version : DOWNLOAD HERE - Newest Version of HandiFast

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

acorn54
05-26-2017, 06:52 PM
May I ask what the reason is for weighting the second speed back less than the 3rd speed back or last race speed? I have mine set for decreasing weights from S1 to S3 like 150,100,50. Did you find less importance with S2 thru some experience or test? Thanks.

thanks for the response. sure, I go against the grain of what bettors look for and emphasize what I THINK are underbet, yet important factors. last race performance is overbet imo, just based on my years of betting horses and the way human nature works, yet if the third race back is recent enough it provides a pertinent factor to base the horses speed on. get, got it, good.

mikesal57
05-27-2017, 08:20 AM
May I ask what the reason is for weighting the second speed back less than the 3rd speed back or last race speed? I have mine set for decreasing weights from S1 to S3 like 150,100,50. Did you find less importance with S2 thru some experience or test? Thanks.

I agree with Acorn here too....

While doing research , I found S3 as a top factor for getting good ROI's

Also , Dave Schwartz founded the same somewhere in his massive array of info

Mike

Question: LS6977 what ,if any, kind of research have you done in finding top factors?

mikesal57
05-27-2017, 08:25 AM
Mike with the Woods scaling only top 4 are effected also. So what is your suggestion?

For starters.....

Can you increase ML to say 10Th position , instead of 4
horse at 8-1, 10-1,15-1 can benefit from negative numbers too

Also can you do something with Race Days ?

Right now Race days cant be adjusted ..and we need to hit horses away from the races a long period of time...

Mike

Longshot6977
05-27-2017, 10:01 AM
I agree with Acorn here too....

While doing research , I found S3 as a top factor for getting good ROI's

Also , Dave Schwartz founded the same somewhere in his massive array of info

Mike

Question: LS6977 what ,if any, kind of research have you done in finding top factors?

Mike, I used to go to a cool site called Betmix.com. Click on Free Horse Race of the Day and look at all the slide switches for different factors that can be adjusted to find top factors. I haven't tried it in a year , but it gave good info. Best speed at the distance and ave best speed 2 of last 3 races were usually pretty good for winners as well as best E1 in last race(but maybe not ROI). I also did my own spreadsheets on factors and from experience and from reading (too many) books.

mikesal57
05-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Mike, I used to go to a cool site called Betmix.com. Click on Free Horse Race of the Day and look at all the slide switches for different factors that can be adjusted to find top factors. I haven't tried it in a year , but it gave good info. Best speed at the distance and ave best speed 2 of last 3 races were usually pretty good for winners as well as best E1 in last race(but maybe not ROI). I also did my own spreadsheets on factors and from experience and from reading (too many) books.

heres the problem....

every program, software , or homemade design, is "unique" to the developers understanding of the concept of what that factor involves...

take your BetMix.....say their interpretation for 'Speed" is best of last 2...

now take Handifast....say their interpretation for 'Speed" is ....20% last race + 10% of 2nd race...35 & of race 3 + 15% best this year + 20% lifetime best

I use JCapper to handicap....in that program "form" is top factor
In HF "form" would be at the bottom.....

What I'm trying to say you cannot transpose one program into another..what works for one , might not for the other....

You need to take that spreadsheet and review every winner in HF and check off what factors that horse had ranked #1...

Mike

Longshot6977
05-27-2017, 11:58 AM
True, but I thought Betmix uses historical data as winners accumulate to keep the 'factors' up to date. Do you use any kind of database? Or just Jcapper?
When backfitting winners into Handifast, I assume you need all the PP's for every race, but I don't have them. But I know what you're saying.

Handiman
05-28-2017, 02:33 AM
Mike I will look at M/L and the race days also. We will need to discuss it a bit though I'm sure.

Hope you don't mind, but going to put you in the spotlight here a bit.

Here's what's possible with Handifast......Mike posted these today early from Belmont. I went and checked the results and here is how he did today: Top 4 contenders and the results. Just betting the top horse you'd have $20 out and $30.30 back. 5 single winners out of 10..Not too bad.

GREAT JOB!

BEL

1...4-3-7-1 4 $4.50
2...8-7-3-1 3 $18.20
3...1-4-3-2 1 $6.50
4...1-4-3-5 3 $5.20
5...1-4-2-10 10 $12.60
6...8-6-9-7 * 6 $12.00
7...4-7-8-5 miss 1st timer won
8...8-1-6-4 8 $3.40
9...1-2-3-5 * 1 $9.20
10..2-14-13-9 2 $6.70

If you are not doing some research you might be missing the boat.

Handi:)

mikesal57
05-28-2017, 07:22 AM
Thxs Handi , appreciate it ...saved me time posting results :)

Also note: Races with the *...these are races I deem as exacta box playable's..
they have to meet a certain criteria for a play...
both of these won at over $40

:)

mikesal57
05-28-2017, 07:26 AM
As for race days being weighed too..

Look at the 5Th race....

If we could give a hit to horses away for many days...

maybe the winner ( #10) could have moved up a slot or 2..

as I said many times before...I'm trying to get winners into top 2 slots..

Mike

Longshot6977
05-28-2017, 09:34 AM
Handi or Mike, regarding a negative factor for M/L, what is that supposed to be? I never used a weight for M/L before. If a horse is 10-1 vs another horse that's 2-1, does/should the 10-1 get a negative weight? If yes, is there a cutoff of a bad M/L like above 6-1 is a negative or something? Just trying to get the most from this nifty program. Thanks.

mikesal57
05-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Handi or Mike, regarding a negative factor for M/L, what is that supposed to be? I never used a weight for M/L before. If a horse is 10-1 vs another horse that's 2-1, does/should the 10-1 get a negative weight? If yes, is there a cutoff of a bad M/L like above 6-1 is a negative or something? Just trying to get the most from this nifty program. Thanks.

It up to you to try what number works.....
I started with what Acorn has in his setting..-25

The way HF works now, a negative figure will penalize the TOP 4 ML horses..which is the 4 lowest odds....
hard to see right...lol

I also had no weighting before this too...what this will do is possibly lower the top TOTAL horse(s) to where a long shot might pass it...

makes sense?

Example:

Race 2 at Belmont 5-27

I posted 8-7-3-1

After apply a -25 to ML...the 3 moved into the 2nd slot $18
this didnt change much on the card but maybe some adjustments coming down the road ...

Mike

Longshot6977
05-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Ok, got it. Thanks. I'll do some experimenting when I get a chance.

Handi, I went to Change Analyst to make M/L a negative number, but there is no negative button. it only exists on Build Analyst. Is that a bug you can fix? Do I need to rebuild my Analysts for one negative factor?

Handiman
05-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Yes it is a bug. I forgot to change and the change analysts doesn't work right anyway. So you will have to rebuild at present. I will try and get that fixed in the near future.

Handiman
06-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Just found a major bug in latest version. If you use negative numbers then you are being affected. If you don't use negative numbers for any factors then you have no problem. If you do, then your factors are not really getting a negative number assignment.

I am working on fixing the bug as I write this. May take me a few days to get it done. but as soon as I do, I will release Ver 9.51 and send it to PA.

Sorry, but this happens sometimes....especially when you're an old bastard...:lol:

Oh, as a bonus I am adding Daysaway as a ratable factor. Hopefully that will make up for my nimrod move.

NorCalGreg
06-05-2017, 02:13 AM
Handifast? That thing still around?

LOL heya handi...heard you were under the weather for awhile.

Glad you're back. Mikesal was the "face" of handifast in your absence...ugh

Anyhoo welcome back...lets have a friendly software tournament one of these weekends

peace out 🌽

-NCG

Handiman
06-05-2017, 02:38 AM
Thanks Buddy.

Yea it's been a bumpy road for sure. But doing pretty good now. Congratulations on all the interest in your programs. I follow your thread pretty faithfully. Love to see how people are doing.

It would be fun to compete for sure. Maybe we can get users of both programs to join in and have some fun. We'll talk, I have some serious revising to get done first though.

Keep up the good work.

acorn54
06-05-2017, 06:32 AM
don't know if this will help others, but I feel it works for me. I focus on the top two fairodds horses including ties. at the toteboard if a horse is heavily favored and no other horse is BELOW 5-1, I pass the race assuming there is not a competitive race. I also believe tim mass of overlay publications, that says an individual can at most have 80 percent of the information on the race in question.
I do not bet the fair odds according to the handifast program, but make my strike price 50 percent higher.
hope this helps fellow handifast users.

mikesal57
06-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Hey Acorn..

We/I like when someone other than myself and Handi post things...

You have some good ideas...why dont you post some picks in our private forum and maybe we can combine our minds and make improvements..

Mike

mikesal57
06-05-2017, 07:52 AM
HAndi...what is the bug with the negative numbers?

Handiman
06-05-2017, 06:06 PM
They show up on the display, but in all actuallity they don't get included in the calculations. I almost have it fixed. Plus i have added Days Since Last Race as a ratable factor.

Hope to have this out in the next couple of days.

Longshot6977
06-05-2017, 07:01 PM
They show up on the display, but in all actuallity they don't get included in the calculations. I almost have it fixed. Plus i have added Days Since Last Race as a ratable factor.

Hope to have this out in the next couple of days.

Mike, in your post #761, how did you get the -25 to move the 3 horse up to the 2nd slot? Just curious.
I have been checking the winners with the factors in a spreadsheet like you mentioned and rebuilt my analysts and had pretty good results at Monmouth on the weekend. Not sure I'm gonna use the negative factors though, but will use the 'Last Raced' factor after Handi gets it programmed.

mikesal57
06-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Mike, in your post #761, how did you get the -25 to move the 3 horse up to the 2nd slot? Just curious.
I have been checking the winners with the factors in a spreadsheet like you mentioned and rebuilt my analysts and had pretty good results at Monmouth on the weekend. Not sure I'm gonna use the negative factors though, but will use the 'Last Raced' factor after Handi gets it programmed.

LS......first off you wont see any changes using negative numbers because of the bug Handi mentions...
I didnt see it because I had a beta of the negative numbers and it works fine.

I used a -38 in ML factor and moved the 3 up to second slot..

its up to you on what you want to use.....
I believe a ML is someones opinion on the horses odds and the other factors are "real" numbers the horse earns....

think about it...

Handiman
06-10-2017, 02:02 AM
Handifast Ver 9.5.1 is winging it's way to PA right now.

See if I can remember what I changed...:lol: The Negative numbers work now. One important note***you will see that Days since last race is a ratable factor now. Only and I emphasize, only use negative numbers with this new factor. It's because it's meant for punishing horses with layoffs of over 45 days. I may change that down the road as to the cutoff number of days for layoffs. We'll see. If the horse is strong enough even with a long layoff, he can still be in your top ratings.

I believe that's all.

Good Luck Tomorrow at Belmont.

mikesal57
06-11-2017, 01:26 PM
thxs PA

BEWARE ALL......

Take Snap Shots of your previous analyst settings....

THIS WILL MESS THEM UP AFTER COPING AND PASTING THE 2 FILES!!!!

Handiman
06-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Hope this clears things up a bit. If you are brand new to handifast you need to PM me and I will make sure you have things setup right. I have just sent PA a zip file of Handifast 9.5.1 that I believe he will make available right away.

Note***** You must have a folder C:\temphandi if you are brand new the program when run will create some files in that folder. First thing you must do is create an analysts, give it a name and save it.

The zip file that will be available, can be unzipped into any folder you want. So you could have a folder C:\temphandi for the supporting files and a folder say C:\handifast or whatever you decide to name it, where you would unzip the zipped files into. You could just do everything in the temp handi folder if you wanted. Doesn't matter.

Again if you are new to handifast please PM and let me know so I can make sure you have everythiing. In the beginning you will need a file in temphandi that is called Analystflag I believe. If it's not in the zip file, I can send it to you when you pm me. Everyone else that has been using Handifast will already have that file.

Sorry for any misunderstandings. I don't mean for this to be hard.

P.S. Working on some things I believe will make handifast even more powerful, but that's going to be a while.

oughtoh
06-11-2017, 06:53 PM
ow do you create an analysts? Think this might be way to complicated for me to try and install, let alone use.

Handiman
06-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Creating an analyst is very easy. Once you fire up the program, you have a menu option that says Race Analyst. When you click on that you get a drop down menu with the option to Build Analyst. You click on that and a form comes up with all the factors available. You select a factor and a form comes up allowing you to assign a value to that factor between minus 250 up to 250 points. Once you select the factors you want to use, then you double click on one of the two scaling objects and then give your analyst a name and click save. That's it.

It really is easy to use.

Hope that explains things.

mikesal57
06-11-2017, 08:40 PM
I"ll give some advice to all

Theres a short and long version for answers...
The short version is to go back 2 years snd read forward...
The long version is to go to post #1 to get the history..

All your questions will be answered with this approach..

Thx

Mike

Handiman
06-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Everybody just stop. Do not try and build an analyst with M/L as a factor. A bug has been reported and I am working on fixing it right now. Will have the new correct program as soon as I can.

Sorry PA, I know I'm probably driving you crazy with the downloads.

Handiman
06-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Ok a line was missing and I found it corrected it and new files are off to PA. I am so sorry I missed it. The program will work as you have it, just don't try and build an analyst using M/L factor till PA gets new updated files I have just sent him up and ready to download.

For the new guys who have contacted me, I should have help your way soon.

PaceAdvantage
06-12-2017, 11:07 AM
I'll have the new files up in a few minutes...

PaceAdvantage
06-12-2017, 11:24 AM
New files attached

mikesal57
06-12-2017, 11:45 AM
GUYS...

I suggest holding off on using these new files...

It keeps closing on me when selecting new build...

I even cleared out whole temphandi folder and installed fresh..no good!!!

Mike

acorn54
06-12-2017, 01:25 PM
thanks for the heads up mike saves me a lot of grief!

Handiman
06-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Let me know what is happening. Maybe I'm just tired and need a break.

Handi:bang:

Longshot6977
06-12-2017, 05:56 PM
I downloaded the 2 updated files and changed their names to 9.5.2. I put them in my current temphandi folder. Everything working fine. EXCEPT in this version and last version, when you view/change analyst, the Days Away factor does not appear, so you can't see/change the weighting. This needs to be fixed also.

Handiman
06-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Yes Long I am aware of the view/change problems. Actually that part has never really worked right, but there were bigger fish to fry. I will get around to getting it fixed, but I have a big project I am currently working on. And that is the batch processor.

For anybody that is interested, I hope the following will help clear things up a bit. Here is a list of files that must be in temphandi for the program to work..
analyst.flg
race.obj
raceobjectctrl.obj
scales

These are the only 4 files that must be in temp handi. The rest of the files that make up the program can be in their own folder for example, C:\Handifast or C:\handi's program or whatever you want to call it. Or you can have all the program files in the temphandi folder also.

I downloaded the the zip file PA has up and put it in it's own folder on my computer and it ran fine. As Long said, he changed the name to 9.5.2 and it worked fine. Whatever you call it, it doesn't matter. Just make sure all the files in the zipped file are in the same folder. And make sure the 4 files listed above are in your temphandi folder.

acorn54
06-12-2017, 08:32 PM
the days away factor in the build analyst is at the bottom. it works. I have it weighted with a negative number.

Longshot6977
06-12-2017, 09:59 PM
the days away factor in the build analyst is at the bottom. it works. I have it weighted with a negative number.

Correct, but it does not appear in the view/change analyst view.

mikesal57
06-13-2017, 08:06 AM
Correct, but it does not appear in the view/change analyst view.

That will be fixed in the future as per Handi....

Right now you need to just build another one...

Mike

mikesal57
06-13-2017, 11:13 AM
OK...its working

Put the 4 files in temphandi folder

install 9.5 in any folder you want...

send shortcut to desktop file name Handifast 9.5.1.exe

Just word of advise....still make snapshots of your analyst to save

Also

In build analyst...I suggest to do all the positive factors first,
then the Negative.....
You need to click negative button first , then check the factor box , then enter your number....then click calculate

make sure to name it & hit SAVE too or your be doing it all over again...:)

mike

Longshot6977
06-13-2017, 05:24 PM
OK...its working

Put the 4 files in temphandi folder

install 9.5 in any folder you want...

send shortcut to desktop file name Handifast 9.5.1.exe

Just word of advise....still make snapshots of your analyst to save

Also

In build analyst...I suggest to do all the positive factors first,
then the Negative.....
You need to click negative button first , then check the factor box , then enter your number....then click calculate

make sure to name it & hit SAVE too or your be doing it all over again...:)

mike

I found it's a good idea to 'exit' the program via the upper left exit button under 'file' and then go back in to build another analyst. I was staying in the program and building another analyst and only one analyst would remain. And make sure the negative sign - appears next to the weight before you hit save.

mikesal57
06-13-2017, 05:49 PM
I found it's a good idea to 'exit' the program via the upper left exit button under 'file' and then go back in to build another analyst. I was staying in the program and building another analyst and only one analyst would remain. And make sure the negative sign - appears next to the weight before you hit save.

Agree...

Handiman
07-15-2017, 05:24 PM
What's new.

Have some bugs fixed I believe and working on a consensus process that's a bit different.

Going to Houston Monday for 6 weeks. Hope to have the new upgrade done and off to PA by end of next week if not before.

Batch Processor almost done too. It took a damn hard effort to get the batch processor built and it will be a standalone program. As a result I was going to charge for it, but I believe it can help take Handifast to the next level, so I am going to make it free. Just going to ask for donations as I did not long ago. I was going to sell it for $35 but what the hell. It will allow you to create a csv file of handifast races with ranks displayed and ready to import into Excel or Open Office and allow you to do all sorts of research.

Longshot6977
07-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Thanks Handi and good luck in Houston. We'll be on the lookout for the new app.
By the way, about how many people have passwords to the 'private' Handifast user's group thread?

Handiman
07-15-2017, 09:54 PM
About 25 or so I think.

headhawg
07-16-2017, 09:42 AM
What's new.

Have some bugs fixed I believe and working on a consensus process that's a bit different.

Going to Houston Monday for 6 weeks. Hope to have the new upgrade done and off to PA by end of next week if not before.

Batch Processor almost done too. It took a damn hard effort to get the batch processor built and it will be a standalone program. As a result I was going to charge for it, but I believe it can help take Handifast to the next level, so I am going to make it free. Just going to ask for donations as I did not long ago. I was going to sell it for $35 but what the hell. It will allow you to create a csv file of handifast races with ranks displayed and ready to import into Excel or Open Office and allow you to do all sorts of research.

Handi:)Good stuff, Handi. People have been asking for batch processing for a long time. What exactly is in the csv output? Will the file structure be in the documentation?

mikesal57
07-16-2017, 09:52 AM
HH...

heres a small portion of what it looks like....

As you can see....theres race info , track,dist, surf, name , weight.

then follows HF output including value & ranks for each category

at the end ( not shown) will be the horses finish position, odds, and field size to complete all the horses stats of that race...

You can manipulate any which way possible in Excel or Open Office ( free)

Some of the guys here can vouch how much easier this will be to get top factors and do a much better research at the same time.

Mike

As for documentation...I believe its self explanatory and a little knowledge of Excel will help

headhawg
07-16-2017, 10:24 AM
Thanks, Mike. I know Excel very well. If the labels (headers) are included in the file then you're right -- no documentation would be needed. If the csv file just included the data output, then some fields would not be self-explanatory.

mikesal57
07-16-2017, 10:40 AM
Thanks, Mike. I know Excel very well. If the labels (headers) are included in the file then you're right -- no documentation would be needed. If the csv file just included the data output, then some fields would not be self-explanatory.

headers are included...:)

Handiman
07-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Head,

There is a button to click on which creates what I call a seed file. All it has are all the headings. Then all race cards run are appended to that file. That way if the user wants they rename their first file and create another seed file and do another if they wanted.

Handi

Handiman
07-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Very close to having Handi Search Batch file processor done and ready for release. Maybe by tomorrow.

Handiman
07-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Ok, Handi-Search Batch Processor is winging it's way to PA as I type this. I have put it through it's paces and it seems to work fine. But once you get it who knows...LOL.

Anyway, you will download a zip file. Unzip program into it's own folder. Do not put in folder where you have Handifast. Once you unzip it, you will see a Directions PDF. It's short and to the point. But definitely go through it. Only about 5 pages with some images, so very short.

I was going to charge for this, cause actually it was a bitch to code. A ton of work. But I think it will help everyone take Handifast to a new level.

So instead it's free to everyone. All I ask is if you like the program and find some value in it, please consider sending a donation my way via PayPal.... to milfredo@sonic.net.

I would really appreciate it.

P.S. I believe it's bug free but very little software ever is, but I will keep my fingers crossed. If you have any trouble, let me know and I will fix it as soon as I can.

mikesal57
07-21-2017, 08:02 AM
Thxs Handi...much appreciated!!!

Mike

Viruss
07-21-2017, 12:27 PM
Handi

That is Great Thank you for all your hard work.

Earl J

Handiman
07-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Hopefully PA will have it up soon.

Handiman
07-21-2017, 10:26 PM
One thing I forgot to say. Once you have loaded files and run the batch processor, go into the two folders that hold the files you ran and bulk delete them. That way you won't double run any files. And don't worry, those files are just copies of the data files. You will still have all of your data files.

mikesal57
07-21-2017, 11:41 PM
Hopefully PA will have it up soon.

remember last time??

Nobody hold their breath :lol:

Handiman
07-22-2017, 04:36 PM
I should have been a shoe cobbler or an elf in Santa's workshop, cause I am a born tinkerer.

I am working on Handifast Version 10. Here is what is happening.

Bug fixes.... Done by Mike Dorn. Thanks Mike so much for your hard work.

What'll be new.

1. Widened the analyst's combobox so longer analyst's names can be seen better.

2. Adding ability to get a consensus report combining up to 4 analysts.

3. Adding ability to create as many folders as you want to hold your analysts. So you could actually create a folder for every track you play and put analysts you create for that track in that folder to make them easier to access without having to deal with one long list of analysts. Man what a long sentence...:lol:

4. Develop a Pace Pressure gauge that will show for each race handicapped.

5. ??? Depending on suggestions.

That's where things stand for now.

mikesal57
07-22-2017, 05:45 PM
DAM.......you just blew by the field

who juiced you up

:faint:

Handiman
07-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Anybody seen PA?

acorn54
07-24-2017, 01:56 AM
I should have been a shoe cobbler or an elf in Santa's workshop, cause I am a born tinkerer.

What'll be new.

3. Adding ability to create as many folders as you want to hold your analysts. So you could actually create a folder for every track you play and put analysts you create for that track in that folder to make them easier to access without having to deal with one long list of analysts. Man what a long sentence...:lol:

well handi i can tell you what pace pressure is used for in black magic, which in my own opinion is quite a sophisticated piece of software with dedicated clients, (wizards)lol
in black magic there are TWO types of pace pressure: velocity based and position based. the terms used are "high pressure" , low Pressure, and unpressured, the unpressured term was very frequently found in the turf routes. i suppose because of the strategy in those races to just gallop the horse early in the race, and then sprint around the last turn.
any way the gist of all this and what analysis of pace pressure is for, basically, is to detect whether the anticipated favorite is vulnerable or is legitimate.

mikesal57
07-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Handi...

The wait is killing me...

Please email it to me msalony101@aol.com

Thx

Handiman
07-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Ok, since I haven't heard anything from PA, if you want the batch processor and instructions pdf, just email me at milfredo@sonic.net I will see that you get it this evening.

And again if you find value in the program, I'd appreciate any donations you could make through Paypal to the email I just provided.

Longshot6977
07-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Ok, since I haven't heard anything from PA, if you want the batch processor and instructions pdf, just email me at milfredo@sonic.net I will see that you get it this evening.

And again if you find value in the program, I'd appreciate any donations you could make through Paypal to the email I just provided.

I made a post in the user group with constructive feedback on the batch processor.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Sorry...it's been a busy month for me...here is the file...sorry for the long wait:

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2017, 03:53 PM
And btw, I'm pretty sure you can attach ZIP files yourself, as long as they are just at or under 2MB in size...

Handiman
07-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Ok PA. Just didn't want to do anything that I wasn't supposed to do without your permission. I really like it here and don't want to get bounced.

Thanks for everything.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2017, 04:56 PM
I really like it here and don't want to get bounced.Yeah, like that would ever happen...:lol::ThmbUp:

mikesal57
07-28-2017, 08:02 AM
And btw, I'm pretty sure you can attach ZIP files yourself, as long as they are just at or under 2MB in size...

Didnt know that...thxs

chuckster1968
07-29-2017, 01:32 AM
I just downloaded Handifast as I am trying to try this software as right now I am experimenting with Excel myself and making my own numbers up. Question I have is what track files or forms is he using for download i.e Brisnet, just looking to clarify, also when I try to open the software I am getting an O/S error HELP>>>

chuckster1968
07-29-2017, 01:35 AM
sorry its a runtime error telling me system cannot find path specifie? Jeess. I knew I should major in computer programming instead of Political Science.. P.S too bad they do not give out degrees for majoring in Horse Race Handicapping.

acorn54
07-29-2017, 03:33 AM
sorry its a runtime error telling me system cannot find path specifie? Jeess. I knew I should major in computer programming instead of Political Science.. P.S too bad they do not give out degrees for majoring in Horse Race Handicapping.

chuck handifast uses bris, which is what i use, and it can use hdw jcp files, and handi the programmer can add others if there are any.
as for the not finding the path, listen, you have to make a C:/ path for handi's most recent program, if it helps backtrack on this topic, it has been mentioned how to do this.
best acorn

Handiman
07-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Chuck,

Tell me what you have downloaded. And I will help you.

Longshot6977
07-30-2017, 11:12 AM

What'll be new.

Ok, I do have one suggestion. Could you please allow the user to highlite a horse and then resort any column so the horse's row stays highlited? Then we can easily follow the horse after resorting a column. Thanks.

Handiman
07-30-2017, 11:37 AM
That may be a tough one. But I will see what I can do.

Handiman
07-30-2017, 03:55 PM
I am going to try what PA said and attach the corrected version of the Batch Processor in this post.

I Downloaded Bris files today and ran the Del Mar files from yesterday and it worked. I discovered that the XRD Bris file is 127 fields long and not 124.

Speed Figure
07-30-2017, 04:50 PM
After the software is downloaded how do you get it to work?

Handiman
07-30-2017, 07:39 PM
Speed,
Unzip it in it's own folder and then read the instruction PDF. It will walk you through it. Make sure you have C:/temphandi Because it writes the csv file to the temphandi folder.

chuckster1968
07-30-2017, 10:47 PM
Hi Handi, I just deleted it off of my system and decided to start over. I do not have excel on my labtop as I just use google docs. Is this a problem? I am not a programmer or software expert but love the use of of labtop for handicapping. So any chance of explaining to a laymen in terms of what I need as I have experimented with Bris files, Equibase Files, Post Time Daily, BetMix etc.

Handiman
07-31-2017, 10:56 AM
Speed,

I'm sorry I may have been a little confused a bit. Which program are you talking about? If it's Handisearch then do as I said, cause it has a nice PDF walking you through it. If you are talking about Handifast, then I will try and find the instructions for that. If not I will walk you through it.

Handiman
07-31-2017, 11:00 AM
Hey Chuck,

Which Program are we talking about? I forgot. I have been talking to so many people I get a little lost.

I use my laptop exclusively. So I'm pretty sure we can get you up and running.

Let me know and I'll figure out what we need to do.

chuckster1968
08-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Handi, I have HP laptop. I have google docs with excel. But I have tried a bit of everything. I have tried Post Time Daily, i.e. The Master Magician. Brisnet pps. with the Brisnet pp generator, drf online and equibase, Betmix.. etc. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate my own numbers based on the basics of numbers already generated by so many others. I saw your data handifast and thought why not. So basically I tried to download off of your file but when I tried to open it told me O/S specify a drive. I believe I have no brain sometimes to computer language itself. So when reading the form topic I found it quite interesting how you were able to play with numbers allowing a number to set, particularly on an odds line etc. So. I would like to know step by step how I can download this and get it running and what pps. I can use to actually to extract into your program. I do not have a lot of money but I maybe be able to offer some advice in terms of helping it somehow or at least try. I look forward to your response.

Chuck

mikesal57
08-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Handi, I have HP laptop. I have google docs with excel. But I have tried a bit of everything. I have tried Post Time Daily, i.e. The Master Magician. Brisnet pps. with the Brisnet pp generator, drf online and equibase, Betmix.. etc. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate my own numbers based on the basics of numbers already generated by so many others. I saw your data handifast and thought why not. So basically I tried to download off of your file but when I tried to open it told me O/S specify a drive. I believe I have no brain sometimes to computer language itself. So when reading the form topic I found it quite interesting how you were able to play with numbers allowing a number to set, particularly on an odds line etc. So. I would like to know step by step how I can download this and get it running and what pps. I can use to actually to extract into your program. I do not have a lot of money but I maybe be able to offer some advice in terms of helping it somehow or at least try. I look forward to your response.

Chuck

Chuck..

I'm figuring that you want to install the Handifast program itself....

Start first by creating a new folder on your hard drive named temphandi

Next , install the 3 files in post # 782

Then create a Desktop shortcut from file handifast9.5.1.exe

Click shortcut .....load a data file and away you go...

Mike

Handiman
08-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Chuck,

I would hold off. Version 10 should be out in a week and will be a significant upgrade with the bug fixes and the new additions. A user instruction PDF will accompany the release.

Handiman
08-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Due to trying to make Handifast a more effective program, it is taking longer to release version 10. Still have some significant work to do and I'm on vacation and not getting much time to work on it. Still another 2 weeks before I get back home. So going to be a while till it's ready.

mikesal57
08-18-2017, 11:01 AM
enjoy your vacation...cause you'll need it when your back :pound:

Longshot6977
08-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Due to trying to make Handifast a more effective program, it is taking longer to release version 10. Still have some significant work to do and I'm on vacation and not getting much time to work on it. Still another 2 weeks before I get back home. So going to be a while till it's ready.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Handiman
08-18-2017, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys....:)

Handiman
09-12-2017, 01:29 AM
Going to handicap yesterday's Belmont card with Handifast version 10. We'll see how things go. I played Monmouth live yesterday and did ok, but only had 2 Dirt analysts to use. I created 2 Turf analysts today. I just have a couple of tweaks left and I think I could have Version 10 ready to release the first of next week.

I will run the Belmont card and then post how it went so you can see. If we tank we tank...LOL

Handiman
09-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Here's the Belmont results...

Belmont 9-10-2017

1...7-6-4....4..$27.60
2...Pass... 2 yr olds with few FTS
3...6-3-1...miss 3-1 finished 2nd & 3rd
4...8-7-1...7..$8.40
5...8-7-5...5..$6.20
6...7-6-4...miss not even close
7...3-1-7...miss again not close
8...3-7-5-6...finish was 6-7-5-3 ...6 paid $7.30
9...7-6-5...6..$2.80
10..1-9-6-2.2 paid $15.20 it came 2-1

Not sure if this means anything, other than very close to releasing Version 10.

Now I did not make use of the Pace Pressure Map nor did I take into consideration the new factor 'Average Purse' when I did the races tonight. Depending on how you bet, you could have done well if you hit the 4 in the first race.

mabred
09-16-2017, 10:04 AM
looks good

keep up the good work!!!

upthecreek
09-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Im running W7 32 bit OS I get the following error when I try to run batch processor after lpading files and and creating csv:

Runtime error: Subscript out of range: 151, XRDaray$()

Program closes with following messages(attached)
Thanks

mikesal57
09-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Im running W7 32 bit OS I get the following error when I try to run batch processor after lpading files and and creating csv:

Runtime error: Subscript out of range: 151, XRDaray$()

Program closes with following messages(attached)
Thanks

Have you created the two folder's that is needed
Do you have a data file in one and matching result files in the other?
Also need temphandi folder on hard drive

Did you select correct file type?

Try one file in each folder...sometimes it gets corrupt

Handiman
09-18-2017, 11:02 AM
What XRD FILES ARE YOU USING?

mikesal57
09-18-2017, 11:44 AM

I think hes using jcp results files

upthecreek
09-18-2017, 12:17 PM

Bris single files It processes 3-4 files than quits

upthecreek
09-18-2017, 12:18 PM

Sorry and Bris XRD result files

mikesal57
09-18-2017, 12:42 PM
Bris single files It processes 3-4 files than quits

That s the issue... There's a corrupt file
Need to take out the date and result file after the CVS ended with

Say your CVS file ended with July 8
The July 9th file is bad
Take it out and start again
Take out CVS file too

upthecreek
09-18-2017, 01:04 PM
That s the issue... There's a corrupt file
Need to take out the date and result file after the CVS ended with

Say your CVS file ended with July 8
The July 9th file is bad
Take it out and start again
Take out CVS file too
Ok I'll try it and report back tomorrow Thnx guys👍

Longshot6977
09-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Sorry and Bris XRD result files

Bris XRD files don't play nicely. Try loading them manually into the proper 2 folders with the corresponding data files and continue at the next step. That's what I had to do.

Handiman
09-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Just finished the user guide late last night. I have a couple of people Beta testing Version 10. If it passes muster, then I will release it in a couple of days.

Handiman
09-25-2017, 04:47 PM
If all goes well today, I will be releasing version 10 tonight.

Handiman
09-26-2017, 01:57 AM
Found a damn glitch in the program and fixed it. If you downloaded the files already I am terribly sorry, but you will need to re-download and install again.

Again I am so sorry.

Handi:bang:

mikesal57
09-26-2017, 07:33 AM
guys...glitch still there ....hold off till later

Handiman
09-26-2017, 03:03 PM
Good news and bad news. The bad news is that the Average Purse value doesn't show up right in the display. The number that shows up is suppose to represent purse in Thousands. But there is some glitch and I am looking at it now. But the numbers are right and the rankings they generate should be right.

That being said, I did a lengthy study of the APV factor I am not sold on it's effectiveness. Use it if you want, just understand for now the display will not be correct.

Longshot6977
09-26-2017, 06:17 PM
Handi, instead of rebuilding many current analysts (and avoiding mistakes) into Ver 10, what current file names in our temphandi folder can we simply copy into c:/handifiles folder?

By the way, pace pressure and consensus look good so far.

Handiman
09-27-2017, 03:31 AM
I'm sorry but it won't work because the files are not constructed the same. The new analysts will be attached to a folder or folders you create. Now all the analysts sit in one file and belong to just one folder. This is why I have made it so ver 10 will not, or should not do away with your present analysts.

Handi

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2017, 12:02 PM
Found a damn glitch in the program and fixed it. If you downloaded the files already I am terribly sorry, but you will need to re-download and install again.

Again I am so sorry.

Handi:bang:Are the files in that post good or is another revision coming? I like to put them in the first post in this thread....let me know.

Handiman
09-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Hold off PA. Looking at it today. It's a display problem. Nothing wrong with the program and how it works, it's just one factor does not display correctly and so it gives off the appearance that the factor isn't working right when in fact it does.

Thanks

ICR
10-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Hi all,

Downloaded Handifast 10 and followed instructions from the pdf manual exactly... all works fine until I go to File... Import Race files... then it crashes with a list of error messages ... what's wrong... running Win 7 64 bit system....

Saw something about a missing dll file (Is32.dll) however when I try to extract it from the zip or try to copy it to the folder it doesn't copy or extract for some reason ...it just doesn't .... tried it 10x times.... anyway any advice ... thanks in advance

mikesal57
10-07-2017, 12:58 PM
do you have the 2 zip files in a folder named hanifiles on C: drive?

ICR
10-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion ... but yes I have those files... the missing Isfile32.dll is not in there....

Got it running my searching for that dll in those zipped files and then using my anti-virus software to mark it safe... that's why I wasn't able to get to copy or unzip ... it thought that file for whatever reason was a "virus" go figure.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So long story short... got it running... again thanks for the suggestion ...

What I could use however is some pointers on what values to assign to what factors .... that is where I'm just "winging it" .... :confused::confused:

Again, any help on that would be greatly appreciated... thanks

mikesal57
10-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion ... but yes I have those files... the missing Isfile32.dll is not in there....

Got it running my searching for that dll in those zipped files and then using my anti-virus software to mark it safe... that's why I wasn't able to get to copy or unzip ... it thought that file for whatever reason was a "virus" go figure.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What I could use however is some pointers on what values to assign to what factors .... that is where I'm just "winging it" .... :confused::confused:

ASSIGNING WEIGHTS...

That is something that YOU have to determine....
Handi created a Batch Processor program to combine HF Data and results into a CSV file...then the game begins

Good Luck...

ICR
10-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Mike,

Again, Thanks for the advice... will play around with it and see what I get !

Longshot6977
10-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Mike,

ICR- You need to track what Handifast factors are winning at your track by using the Batch processor in conjunction with the Exotic results file (.XRD extension) These are .25c per track/day at Brisnet. And use the corresponding single data files (.DRF file $1.00 /track/day).
But as a general guide, for sprints, assign a high weight to the EP and CL factors and for a route assign higher LP and CL and maybe higher trainer factor weights. Over time or after tracking races for a while, you will learn what factors win at your track or even at turf routes or turf sprints or dirt sprints or dirt routes. I made separate ones for maiden too.

Here is one I tinkered with at Monmouth and have good results early in the season (your results may vary):
Dirt Sprint
Class=200
EP=250
Turf=250 hey, it's a working factor so far
trainer=150
Jockey=250
Speed 2 back=100
Last speed=150
Power/speed Combo=100
Mitchell power=200

Good luck!:)

ICR
10-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Longshot

THANK YOU !!!

Will try some of your suggestions .... Again thanks and hoping you have many trips to the window for a SIGNER ! ;) ;)

ICR
10-10-2017, 08:18 PM

What'll be new.

Handi just a question ... Was the combobox indeed widened ? ...While it will show as many analyst as I create ... The issue is if I name it say ... "Del-Dirt-Sprints- 5f-6.5f "it really doesn't show the full name ...it will leave off anything after "Spr" ... The box seems NOT that wide

Consensus is great... Pace guage is great as is the fact that you can add as many folders ... Your work on this is greatly appreciated ... Only issue ... That combobox

Thanks much
ICR

Handiman
10-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Combo box is a lot wider than before but was limited with space. Very sorry. Glad you like the other stuff though.

mmdorn
10-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Handi just a question ... Was the combobox indeed widened ? ...While it will show as many analyst as I create ... The issue is if I name it say ... "Del-Dirt-Sprints- 5f-6.5f "it really doesn't show the full name ...it will leave off anything after "Spr" ... The box seems NOT that wide

Consensus is great... Pace guage is great as is the fact that you can add as many folders ... Your work on this is greatly appreciated ... Only issue ... That combobox

Thanks much
ICR

ICR

I used your name example, and some other names longer than yours, and I can see the full name of all of them in the combo box.

Mike

ICR
10-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Mike

That's interesting .... What are you running ... WIN 7,8,10 or something else...in addition do you know what screen resolution you have ?

I'm running Win 7 and as for screen resolution I will have to check, also perhaps it's the actual screen size of the laptop ... But I tell you ... The analyst name gets truncated

mmdorn
10-11-2017, 08:06 PM
ICR

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium, on a desktop system, with 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Mike

ICR
10-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Mike

Thanks for the info

I am running Win 7 64 bit (laptop) with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768

Perhaps the resolution is the issue ... will try to change it to see if it makes a difference

mikesal57
10-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Actually Guys..ICR is right..

This is my screen..

ICR
10-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Mike (both of you)

Can't change screen resolution as its the highest the video graphic driver will support (1366x768)

Looks like I'm not seeing things (no pun intended) as Mikesal57 and perhaps others are or will experience the same issue.

Most likely due to viewing on a desktop vs laptop and the video driver capabilities

Anyway thanks

( Now all I have to do is come up with some 4 character cryptic name for these analyst (which will fit the combobox) however I will forget what they mean in less than 5 minutes anyway) :bang::bang:

mikesal57
10-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Try some abbreviations..Like

DT
TF
SP
RT

PARX_DT_SP will do the trick

mmdorn
10-12-2017, 12:33 PM
ICR,

I did not know it was the change analyst screen you were talking about. Yes there is a problem there. I will talk to Handi about it.

Mike

mmdorn
10-12-2017, 08:09 PM
I have contacted Handi, about increasing the wide of the combo boxes in both the view/change race analysts, and the delete race analysts screens. He is going to take a look, and hopefully it will be corrected.

Mike

ICR
10-13-2017, 08:50 AM
Mike

Thanks for the update.... tell Handi that otherwise this program is truly great and much appreciated !!!!!

Now if only Handi could somehow program it to also predict the winning Mega and Powerball numbers too, that would be truly great !! ;) ;)

Handiman
11-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Hi guys. I'm sorry this has taken so long to get around to doing, but I have been sick for quite some time now. Anyway, Mike Dorn has done some changes to ver 10 that increased the size of the Analyst's selection box in a couple of screens. I hope to have the new files ready to upload by tomorrow night.

There will only be two files that you will be downloading. And it should be easy, cause you will just paste them in the folder where you have your application file now. When you go to paste them in you should get a notice saying they already exist, do you want to replace them. You will just click 'Yes' and boom it will be done. These files will only be useful if you have current Ver 10 installed already.

Thanks,

Pensacola Pete
11-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Hi guys. I'm sorry this has taken so long to get around to doing, but I have been sick for quite some time now.

Take your time. Real life and your health come first. Hope you feel better.

ICR
11-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Handi,

First, take care ... hoping all will be OK !

Second... thanks for the update on the program ( and a big thank you too for Mike !)

Once again, take care

mikesal57
11-05-2017, 08:34 AM
I tell him that all the time....;)

Stay heathy , Handi

Handiman
11-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Here are the two files. The application file and the tkn file. Again just paste them into the folder with your application file now and you get a notice that should say file already exists, do you want to replace it. Click YES for both files and you should be in business.

A giant thanks goes out to Mike Dorn.

mikesal57
11-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Wooks great ...Handi !

ICR
11-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Handi & Mike

THANK YOU !!!! :):)

Longshot6977
11-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Works nicely Handi, thanks. :ThmbUp:

Handiman
11-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Glad all is well. Let me know how you guys are doing. I'm still a bit sick, but trying to get better. Trip to the ER the other night but got my heart settled down and back home doing good.

mikesal57
11-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Glad all is well. Let me know how you guys are doing. I'm still a bit sick, but trying to get better. Trip to the ER the other night but got my heart settled down and back home doing good.

Stay strong my friend......

Longshot6977
11-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Hope you get back to good health soon Handi. I had/have AFIB/flutter of the heart with a high rate and take Metoporol to keep the heart rate down. Do you have Afib or flutter too? At least meds can control it.

As for me, my wife had a stroke 1st week of Oct (2nd one in two months) and has been in 3 hospitals/rehabs so far trying to get her left arm and hand to move and to walk again. I have been at the hospital for about 30 days straight now and haven't made a single bet since then or had any time for racing. I've been working around the house adding wall grab bars and shower grab bars and other disability stuff. I'm itching to get more time to play around with the program again. Get well soon.
Steve

mikesal57
11-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Guys.....You cant leave me here all alone....I'll probably go bonkers....LOL

HF Group ....Please get well.......that means everyone!!

Mike

Handiman
11-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Thanks Guys.

Steve, I came down with Congestive Heart Failure in 2001. Got through that. Then year later came down with Cardiomyopathy. Aorta replaced with artificial valve in 2006. Then in 2009 a Cardioverter was put in my chest. It's been quite a journey. Diabetic too. Plus light activated Occular Migraines, another fun thing to deal with.

I am so sorry to hear of your wife's troubles. She will be in my prayers. In fact both of you will. Take care,

Vinnie
11-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Handi:

Nothing but well wishes, thoughts and prayers and Excellent Karma to you and yours sir... :)

mmdorn
11-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Steve,

You and your wife will be in my prayers.

Handi,

As I told you the other day, get well and stay well. You are and have always been in my prayers.

Mike

Handiman
11-08-2017, 02:52 AM
Thanks guys. Really trying I can promise you that.

Longshot6977
11-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Thank you guys!

massee
11-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Firstly Handi, you and the family get well, prayers sent your way. If someone in the group can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to install the program and get cannot locate vvm31w.dll.check path statement. TIA

Handiman
11-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Thanks Masse. You can not use the two files I just released without first having installed Ver 10 the original. Go back a few pages and find where the ver 10 complete package is and download that and follow the user guide. Then once you do that you can take the two most recent files and paste them in and you should be fine. I only have Internet access for about 30 minutes today, and then not till Later tomorrow night. So someone else will have to help you if what I just told you doesn't seem to work out, But it should.

SoCaGambler
11-16-2017, 03:23 PM
I get the same error message. Where is ver 10? mine is 9.5.1 thanks for your assistance.

I found it thanks

Prayers to you Handi

Chuck

ccmd00d
11-16-2017, 09:03 PM
hey guys, complete newbie here with the software got to page 4 of the user guide and now i'm stumped. any help would be appreciated. after initializing analysts and creating analyst folder i get to the part of building race analysts. when i click this i never see the screen shown in the user manual but the errors attached.

I have the c:\handifiles folder with the two files required (a bunch more are automatically there once i launched the program.

https://imgur.com/a/Ngtgt
https://imgur.com/a/jpcTk

thanks again!

Handiman
11-16-2017, 10:36 PM
CC,

What folder do you have the main application in?

You may need to delete everything and start over. When you start again there is a file called analyst.flg take notepad and open the file and make sure before you restart it has a T in it and not an F.

Try and reinstall everything and start again and let me know what happens.

ccmd00d
11-17-2017, 07:20 AM
CC,

What folder do you have the main application in?

You may need to delete everything and start over. When you start again there is a file called analyst.flg take notepad and open the file and make sure before you restart it has a T in it and not an F.

Try and reinstall everything and start again and let me know what happens.

Hi Handi,

Thanks for the response. I've deleted everything and started over.

1) created folder c:\handifiles\ and copied the 2 required files
2) created folder c:\handifast10\ and copied all main application to this folder
3) opened the analyst.flg file and made sure it sad T
4) launched the main app and initialized analyst folders
5) created an analyst folder
6) went again to build race analyst...same errors..ugh

any other thoughts? I am on windows 10.

Thank you

Longshot6977
11-17-2017, 07:48 AM
CC- Try disabling any antivirus apps you have since it may be deleting a required file named isfile32.dll. Then reinstall the program from scratch again. Then try the program to see if it now works. if yes, then make an exclusion for that file in your AV app. If no, then check to make sure you still have isfile32.dll still installed in the handi folder. Let us know.

mikesal57
11-17-2017, 08:21 AM
CC- Try disabling any antivirus apps you have since it may be deleting a required file named isfile32.dll. Then reinstall the program from scratch again. Then try the program to see if it now works. if yes, then make an exclusion for that file in your AV app. If no, then check to make sure you still have isfile32.dll still installed in the handi folder. Let us know.

Also , close program down after creating folder and then start it again and build

ccmd00d
11-17-2017, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried disabling windows defender but received the same error. I see the isfile32.dll in the folder and it is never deleted.

I did realize something though. Even though I an "Initializing Race Analysts" the flag in the analyst.flg never changes from T to F in the file. So this is making me think my computer is still somehow blocking the application. I will try messing around more with Windows Defender in the meantime.

*I also tried disabling windows defender as well as running the handifast.exe "as administratror". Still can't get the flag in the analyst.flg file to update to F

mikesal57
11-17-2017, 09:38 AM
just for curiosity....make a folder called temphandi on c: drive ...and put the 2 files in there too...see what happens...

ccmd00d
11-17-2017, 09:47 AM
just for curiosity....make a folder called temphandi on c: drive ...and put the 2 files in there too...see what happens...

That's the ticket! Worked once crated the temphandi folder and put the two files in it.

Let's see what else i can mess up, I'm sure ill be back with more questions on using the program. I will try to work my way through this thread for answers before I do. Thanks again to all and look forward to trying out a tool for the first time. I have been always been pen and paper guy.

mikesal57
11-17-2017, 10:07 AM
:ThmbUp:

Handiman
11-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Verion 10 should not access Temphandi. If it does something is wrong as Temphandi is not coded in Version 10.

mikesal57
11-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Verion 10 should not access Temphandi. If it does something is wrong as Temphandi is not coded in Version 10.

Lol.

It worked... Don't ask me why tho

Longshot6977
11-17-2017, 11:45 PM
Lol.

It worked... Don't ask me why tho

Sounds like he downloaded V9.5 and not v10.

ccmd00d
11-18-2017, 03:57 AM
Sounds like he downloaded V9.5 and not v10.

Definitely downloaded version 10. To be fair I was messing around with folder permissions as well so perhaps one of those changes made it work at the same time I made the temphandi folder suggested. Either way it's working now and am enjoying testing it out and doing some back reading on this extremely long thread!

ccmd00d
11-18-2017, 09:25 AM
GM All,

Playing around in the program this morning and wondering if someone could clarify this simple example. From a previous post on methodology specifically Fib method

The raw displayed factor numbers are only used to get rank. That's it. In your example, the horse with top class gets Factor points 100. 100% of the 100 points. Then the 2nd ranked horse for class gets 100 X 0.62 = 62 points for class. The 3rd ranked horse gets 100 X 0.38 = 38 points for class. The 4th ranked horse gets 100 X 0.24 = 24 points.

And that happens with every factor that is assigned point values in your setups. Then the horse's factor points they receive are added together to get their total points. Which then turns into a fair odds line.

So using this i built an analyst with a single factor for testing (DS) and set that to 100. Now taking was is said above, I would have expected to see horses with the top 4 rank DS be assigned 100-62-38-24. Instead i see 4 horses get ranked with 200-100-100-100. Can someone explain this to me?

https://imgur.com/a/jn0Dd

Also any NYRA circuit trackers here? My mini project over the winter is going to be back test last year's Saratoga meet using the great HandiSearch tool. Would love to chat with some experienced folks to maybe pick your brain a bit.

Thanks again all!

mikesal57
11-18-2017, 09:45 AM
GM All,

Playing around in the program this morning and wondering if someone could clarify this simple example. From a previous post on methodology specifically Fib method

So using this i built an analyst with a single factor for testing (DS) and set that to 100. Now taking was is said above, I would have expected to see horses with the top 4 rank DS be assigned 100-62-38-24. Instead i see 4 horses get ranked with 200-100-100-100. Can someone explain this to me?

Also any NYRA circuit trackers here? My mini project over the winter is going to be back test last year's Saratoga meet using the great HandiSearch tool. Would love to chat with some experienced folks to maybe pick your brain a bit.

Thanks again all!

There are quirks in the program....
I also found that Woods & Fib give same numbers...

At this time Handi is not feeling well and we need him to get better...
Post what ever you find and he'll get to it when he can..

Thxs

Mike

mikesal57
11-18-2017, 10:10 AM
GM All,

Thanks again all!

The 200-100-100-100 is from you saving build as "WOODS"

Try same build and save as "FIB" you'll get 200-124-76-48

I have never used Woods , doesn't make sense , as you can see...

mikesal57
11-18-2017, 10:16 AM
I believe newest version uses woods in both...

heres a prior release

use temphandi folder

Mike

ccmd00d
11-20-2017, 08:19 PM
Hey Mike,

Just getting around to this tonight. I removed all my files and did a clean install. Everything works up until I go to save my Race Analyst. I get an error and it breaks.

When I launch the version you attached it does say 9.5.2 on the top. Do I need the old analyst and scales file for this version to work as well?

Thanks Again for all your help explaining thus far.

mikesal57
11-20-2017, 08:27 PM
Hey Mike,

Just getting around to this tonight. I removed all my files and did a clean install. Everything works up until I go to save my Race Analyst. I get an error and it breaks.

When I launch the version you attached it does say 9.5.2 on the top. Do I need the old analyst and scales file for this version to work as well?

Thanks Again for all your help explaining thus far.

Yes.. Those 2 files are needed in temphandi folder

Longshot6977
11-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Handifast version 10 should say v10 at the top and not 9.5.2. Delete all files from both folders and use just the v10 zip file that was in post that Mike gave the link to a few posts back in post #884. Then install the two v10 update files that Handi posted just before that. I believe the full set and instructions are in post #854.

The v10 files should be installed in a folder named "Handifiles". Good luck.

mikesal57
11-22-2017, 08:28 AM
Handifast version 10 should say v10 at the top and not 9.5.2. Delete all files from both folders and use just the v10 zip file that was in post that Mike gave the link to a few posts back in post #884. Then install the two v10 update files that Handi posted just before that. I believe the full set and instructions are in post #854.

The v10 files should be installed in a folder named "Handifiles". Good luck.

Steve ...do a test for me and see if building a Woods & Fibonacci come out different....

Handiman
11-22-2017, 11:25 PM
If you are having trouble getting Fib numbers, then you need to do the following. Look in the handifiles folder and find the 'scales' file. Take any word processor, like notepad and open the scales.txt file you just found. On the first line it should read woods. Then just under it on the 2nd line it should read fibonacci . If on the top line it says woods and fibonacci right next to it, that is why there is a problem. Or if woods is on the top line and fib is 2 lines down then you need to move it up to the 2nd line just under woods. Then save the changes and that should fix the problem.

ccmd00d
11-23-2017, 12:15 AM
If you are having trouble getting Fib numbers, then you need to do the following. Look in the handifiles folder and find the 'scales' file. Take any word processor, like notepad and open the scales.txt file you just found. On the first line it should read woods. Then just under it on the 2nd line it should read fibonacci . If on the top line it says woods and fibonacci right next to it, that is why there is a problem. Or if woods is on the top line and fib is 2 lines down then you need to move it up to the 2nd line just under woods. Then save the changes and that should fix the problem.

Thanks Handi, when I opened the file it looked exactly as you described. But I re-entered Woods on the top row and Fibonacci on the 2nd and saved.

Worked like a charm! Now when I do a single factor test I can see 100-62-38-24

Handiman
11-23-2017, 01:29 AM
Awesome buddy. Maybe I'm smarter than I look...:lol:

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

SoCaGambler
11-25-2017, 03:21 PM
I have been reading back post for a couple hours now and I am at wits end. Some post say to download the v10 two files and to make sure you set up a temphandi file on c drive. I have done this and when I open the flie and click on the torch to open I get an error message that states - cannot locate VVM31W.dll; check path statement. any idea what I have done wrong.. has to be operator error. thanks in advance

mikesal57
11-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Gambler...

the 2 file go into a folder named temphandi...

another folder, named whateve,r is where the zip file of Ver 10 goes...

click the torch exe to get program working..

that file is in there....dont know what you did wrong...

Mike

SoCaGambler
11-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the help Mike. I think its working now at least it is asking for me to build a race object.. :)

Handiman
11-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Version 10 does not access temphandi. It accesses handifiles folder. At least it's supposed to, so I will check the code again just to make sure.

Handiman
11-25-2017, 07:06 PM
Version 10 accesses handifiles folder and not temphandi. so not sure what is going on. Anytime you clear out everything and restart install, you need to take a word processor, open analyst.flg and make sure there is a capitol T on the first line and not a capitol F. Then make sure the two files that are available for download are in handifiles folder. The application files can be in any other folder. Once you open the app, it creates files in handifiles folder that you need.

Then follow the guide and complete the steps and you should be able to get going.

mikesal57
11-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Your probably right Handi..

I have so many versions on my PC ......I need a road map...:pound:

Mike

Genoo
11-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Settings went fine opened RACE ANALYST was a list of flag, analyst folder, main,horse1, race objectcontrol, raceobject ect. 10 in all. comment onbottom
These handles closed by liberty BASIC.
Please add appropriate close command.
I have done everything that I know and can not correct this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get me operational?

How would I add an attchment?

GENO

Handiman
11-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Genoo,

I need more info. Did you download Version 10 along with the user guide and the 2 needed files?

If so, delete everything you have done and start over. Put the scales.txt and the analyst.flg files in the C:/handifiles folder you should have created. Take notepad and open scales.txt and make sure on top line it say woods and on second line right under woods it says fibonacci and if any different change the file to this configuration and then save it. Then open Analyst.flg file and make sure on top line there is a capital T and not a capital F. If there is an F change it to a T, save file and close it.

Now you can put the rest of the files, application and others bundled with it in the zip file into any folder you want. I would suggest you create a Handifast folder and put them in there. And then Walk through the user guide and see if that doesn't fix your problems.

Let me know,

ccmd00d
12-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Handi,

Can you explain the below? What is the difference between the black and green highlighted text? Why are the top 4 S3 numbers not getting the fib sequence 100,62,38,24?

https://imgur.com/a/Rfbaa

Thanks,

ccm

mikesal57
12-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Handi,

Can you explain the below? What is the difference between the black and green highlighted text? Why are the top 4 S3 numbers not getting the fib sequence 100,62,38,24?

https://imgur.com/a/Rfbaa

Thanks,

ccm

Wow....
I always had in the back of my head to check the HF output
But I didn't....I blew it!!!

Is this the only factor that Fib doesn't work correctly?

Mike

PS......Black means Dirt....Green is grass... Red is off turf( I think)

ccmd00d
12-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Wow....
I always had in the back of my head to check the HF output
But I didn't....I blew it!!!

Is this the only factor that Fib doesn't work correctly?

Mike

PS......Black means Dirt....Green is grass... Red is off turf( I think)

OK so I did a single factor test for each and every factor.

Issues are with S3 and S1 only where the FIB ranking is not as expected.

Here is a new pic for S1...

https://imgur.com/a/1wLiG

The S3 pic is in the post above.

The other issue is with AVG Purse, no matter what I do the Factor applies Woods instead of FIB

https://imgur.com/a/kDS3J

Lastly and more of question, how does the application rank ties because each does get a different value. I'm assuming behind the scenes the numbers are maybe decimal / float so they are in fact not tied. Just a thought.

https://imgur.com/a/FNxv7

ccm

Handiman
12-02-2017, 09:52 PM
I will look into it. :)

Handiman
12-02-2017, 11:44 PM
I found the error in the AVP and it was an easy fix. But the other stuff is a much bigger deal and is going to take some time to fix. So if you can wait I will get it all cleaned up. If not I can maybe issue the new fixed file for the avp, and then start on fixing the rest.

Thanks to CCMD for finding the bugs.

mikesal57
12-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Apparently Ver 10 and another version I was working with...has this error..

Maybe thats is why I was getting terrible results....

I used S1 & S3 very much in making my builds....hmmmmm

Go get em Handi

In the meantime ,I'm going to check more stuff for validity

ccmd00d
12-03-2017, 08:17 PM
I found the error in the AVP and it was an easy fix. But the other stuff is a much bigger deal and is going to take some time to fix. So if you can wait I will get it all cleaned up. If not I can maybe issue the new fixed file for the avp, and then start on fixing the rest.

Hey no worries happy to help! Take your time.

Mike let me know if you think of anything else to test, I am mostly trying to validate my backtesting results, which is how I found the bug in the first place.

ccm

mikesal57
12-04-2017, 10:00 PM

Handi...

With APV....

There still is an error when its displayed on the view screen

Try rounding value to whole number....I see that batch processor is showing value with 2 decimal places...

Just a thought...

Mike

Handiman
12-13-2017, 11:59 PM
Here is the latest version 10 with the bug fixes . S1 and S3 work correctly. Just replace the application file and tkn file with the two files included here in the zip packet.

mikesal57
12-14-2017, 08:32 AM
Guys..there is still an issue with the program....will advise

Mike

jimmac
12-17-2017, 02:52 PM
Downloaded all the files
created two folders for tracks
when trying to build race analysts - program craters
shows ten items flag/analyst folder/main/..object build

these handles closed by liberty

am i missing some files??
thank you

jimmac
12-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Perservered - now working

ghoshranen
12-17-2017, 06:51 PM
I don't know what I'm missing ? Every time I tried to run the program, it
gave me an error massage.
Runtime error: OS Error: The system cannot find the path specified.

anybody knows what I am missing or what I'm doing wrong ? thanks;

-Ron-

Handiman
12-18-2017, 02:00 AM
Ron did you follow the user guide to the tee?

If so, then you need to start all over. But first find the analyst.flg file in C:/handifiles and open it with notepad or some word editor and the only thing you should see is one letter. If it's an F then change it to a T and then save the file. That will take it back to new so you can start again.

Make sure you have Isfile32.dll file in the folder where the application and tkn file and other files are located.

Let me know if that helps.

Handiman
12-25-2017, 12:16 AM
Merry Christmas to all. Hope this new year breaks from the gate great for us all. As a gift to everyone, I hope to make Handifast more relevant and effective than ever.

mikesal57
12-25-2017, 01:48 AM
Merry Christmas to all. Hope this new year breaks from the gate great for us all. As a gift to everyone, I hope to make Handifast more relevant and effective than ever.

Same to you and yours.....Merry Christmas

We are going to give it our best shot...

Mike

deucetwins
01-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Maybe I'm late to the party but I just tried running HHX 2.3 and when I clicked on Bris Past Performances, a window popped up with an error message saying that the page has a problem running scripts. When it asks me if I want to continue running scripts, clicking yes or no puts it in an eternal loading page cycle. Is there a fix to this?

Also, in Handifast v10, once I build the analyst, the factors don't show up at the top of the race handicap page nor do the totals.

mikesal57
01-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Maybe I'm late to the party but I just tried running HHX 2.3 and when I clicked on Bris Past Performances, a window popped up with an error message saying that the page has a problem running scripts. When it asks me if I want to continue running scripts, clicking yes or no puts it in an eternal loading page cycle. Is there a fix to this?

Also, in Handifast v10, once I build the analyst, the factors don't show up at the top of the race handicap page nor do the totals.

HHX is old and most likely the links are bad..
But the program still works....a little more manual stuff to do

As for your Ver 10 problem...can you attach a pix for us to see..

Thxs

Mike

deucetwins
01-09-2018, 09:19 PM
I'm thinking it might be because the data files from Bris aren't final yet. Trying to download Oaklawn for Friday and Saturday. Click this link. It's a screenshot.
While building the analyst, after inputting a number and clicking calculate, I noticed that the number didn't change in the analyst as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZeAaTa9wy25o62VtVMoA_3MO6QtIHfMO

headhawg
01-09-2018, 09:38 PM
HHX is old and most likely the links are bad..
But the program still works....a little more manual stuff to doI'm sure the link refers to the old Bris URL, yes. HHX hasn't been updated in a while and it's not likely that HHXv3 will see the light of day. No time/energy to get back to writing code for it. There's no need to use the button inside HHX. Just go to the Bris site, download files, unzip them, and load file(s) from HHX.

mikesal57
01-09-2018, 10:16 PM
I'm sure the link refers to the old Bris URL, yes. HHX hasn't been updated in a while and it's not likely that HHXv3 will see the light of day. No time/energy to get back to writing code for it. There's no need to use the button inside HHX. Just go to the Bris site, download files, unzip them, and load file(s) from HHX.

Thxs HH....I need a favor...sending you email

mikesal57
01-09-2018, 10:44 PM
I'm thinking it might be because the data files from Bris aren't final yet. Trying to download Oaklawn for Friday and Saturday. Click this link. It's a screenshot.
While building the analyst, after inputting a number and clicking calculate, I noticed that the number didn't change in the analyst as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZeAaTa9wy25o62VtVMoA_3MO6QtIHfMO

looks like you didnt save the analyst you built...

Read the PDF again and start over...

Install files again from post 854.......Put V10 files in a folder that you created(HANDIFASTv10)

Put the "2 files" in both a handifiles & temphandi folders that you create on C:

also do the fix from post #940

Mike

headhawg
01-09-2018, 11:02 PM
Just for fun I changed the code to see if I could get the Bris PP button to work in HHXv3. No joy. HHX uses a built-in browser and I think the new Bris site doesn't like it, and that's why there are scripting errors.

mikesal57
01-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Just for fun I changed the code to see if I could get the Bris PP button to work in HHXv3. No joy. HHX uses a built-in browser and I think the new Bris site doesn't like it, and that's why there are scripting errors.

Go ahead and curse those mothers...everyone else has...:lol:

Mike

headhawg
01-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Yeah, Mike. The new Bris site is a microcosm of how horseplayers are treated in general -- people in the industry either don't know or don't care.

mikesal57
01-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Yeah, Mike. The new Bris site is a microcosm of how horseplayers are treated in general -- people in the industry either don't know or don't care.

did you get an email from me?

headhawg
01-09-2018, 11:15 PM
No. PM me if you want.

Handiman
02-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Went into Congestive Heart Failure again recently. Out of hospital and stable right now. Go back to Cardiologist in a month after he changed my meds to see how things are progressing. As a result I have not been doing any coding. But the good news is that Mike Dorn along with headhawg's help and help from Mike Salony has been really kicking butt and getting some bug fixes done in the Batch Processor and in Handifast ver 10. They have been working their butts off and so I hope to have the upgraded programs ready to release soon.

I can't thank these guys enough for all the help. :headbanger:

headhawg
02-23-2018, 10:56 PM
Glad to hear that you're stable Handi. Hope the doc can turn this thing around so that you don't need any more hospital visits. The two Mikes are doing most of the work; I'm just pitching in when I can. Get better, will ya? We need you around here. Glad that you're back posting. Take care.

mikesal57
02-24-2018, 12:29 AM
Handi

You need to knock this shit out
Your giving me a heart attack
Get better...
Then your going back to work too

Mike

Handiman
02-26-2018, 01:17 AM
Really hoping to have some clean and working code to release very soon. Mike Dorn and the other two cowboys I mentioned earlier are doing a fantastic job with the bug fixes.

I am feeling better and hopefully the Doc will have some great or at least good news for me this next month. And then with the bug fixes, I hope to maybe start playing full time this spring.

Keep your fingers crossed.

mikesal57
02-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Really hoping to have some clean and working code to release very soon. Mike Dorn and the other two cowboys I mentioned earlier are doing a fantastic job with the bug fixes.

I am feeling better and hopefully the Doc will have some great or at least good news for me this next month. And then with the bug fixes, I hope to maybe start playing full time this spring.

YEAH BABY.......:jump:

PaceAdvantage
02-26-2018, 10:18 AM

Handi:)Seems like a worthy plan...hoping for the best for you handi! :ThmbUp::jump:

Vinnie
02-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Handi, keep yourself well sir!! :) Nothing but excellent karma to you always...

Handiman
02-28-2018, 12:12 AM
Thanks Guys. :)

Tom
02-28-2018, 08:01 AM
And then with the bug fixes, I hope to maybe start playing full time this spring.

:jump: Great news, Handi - rooting for you!

Handiman
04-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Happy Easter Everybody.

Here is a little something for your Easter Basket. Version 10.5 is mainly a giant Bug fix b Mike Dorn with some assistance from Headhawg. Thanks for all the hard work guys. I know everyone appreciates it.

Here is what I received from Mike....

1 - As you already know, the rankings have been fixed with the help of HH.

2 - I fixed the average purse display for first time starters.

3 - Analyst scaling has been fixed so the correct points show in each race.

4 - View/change analyst has been fixed so the changed analyst name does not
show up more than once in the combo box

5 - Tested, and made sure that deleted analysts are not in, or have zeros in
the race.obj file.

So the attached zip files contain first of all the exe and tkn files for Handifast ver 10.5 Just switch those out for the old exe and tkn files in your ver 10.

And then, as I can't remember what I called the batch file program, you will see the second zip files has the exe and tkn files for the batch processor. Switch those out with the ones presently in your batchfile folder now.

This I am calling HandiSearch.

These files are only for people who have both programs and all the attendant files already installed. The two programs have been synched up so number in research match those with the numbers generated in real time play.

Thanks Guys for sticking with me.

mikesal57
04-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Thxs for the Easter present Handi....

I'm sure Mike D wants no part of me after what I put him thru to get this where it is now :jump:

I suggest a FULL zip file of all files for both programs so that peeps dont need to search 100's of post to get em...

For Handisearch....does c:/temphandi still is needed?
(for now I aint changing my PC around to test these files as I already did)

Thxs again

Mike

Handiman
04-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Mike is right. So I will release full files for both programs plus user guide so that anyone new can just get everything all at once. I will have that done in the next couple of days.

Handiman
04-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Handisearch does indeed use the Temphandi folder.

Handiman
04-20-2018, 06:50 AM
There are some Handifast factors that seem insignificant in their predictive value. So I am going to overhaul a few. Not sure yet what I will be replacing with, but the factors due to bite the dust are, Dirt, Mud, Turf ratings. Carroll speed may go by the wayside too, if I find an alternative speed figure I like that performs better.

Quite a while away from getting job done as I am investigating factors right now.

mikesal57
04-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Guys...

We are actually asking anyone here for ideas that can be used in Handifast.
Not some off the wall ideas but something that has proven capabilities.

When Handifast was first developed , the factors from Dick Mitchell"s CC,PS,PWR was a positive and proven addition to the program.
The single factors of S3 S2 S1 Tr Jk have their places too.
With CL,EP,LP,FM,PC , these were some complex ideas put together ( I dont know from where or who) that all but CL have fizzled out in statistical analysis.

So if you can share your thoughts ( or privately send it to Handi & I) we can test and maybe input into HF .

Thxs

Mike

Longshot6977
04-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Will you be adding anything to do with workouts like we agreed last year? e.g. if the horse had 3 wo's within the last month or so, we would give him some credit etc.

mikesal57
04-21-2018, 12:13 PM
Will you be adding anything to do with workouts like we agreed last year? e.g. if the horse had 3 wo's within the last month or so, we would give him some credit etc.

OK....

let me explain something about statistical analysis ........

with what your asking is giving us a answer of yes or no...thats 2 values in the spectrum...
Now look at the "VALUE" factor of say EP.....
The range of the spectrum is huge , you can go as high as 150 to a low of 0
With 1000's of horses in a database you can get a relevant or positive correlation to winners .

with yours , you will get a irrelevant deduction compared to winners......

Mike

if you can prove that this is relevant to winners , then maybe Handi can add a column that will tell either a yes or no to WORKOUTS

mikesal57
04-21-2018, 12:23 PM
To further talk about workouts.....

Maybe something like this can be of value....

Since last race ...

Horse has a WO ......3PTS

Horse had another WO , another 3 points......another wo...3 PTS

Horse exceeds doing 12 secs per furlong ...5PTS

Horse had TOP 10% rank of the day....say 7 PTS

Add then all up ....and maybe it can be relevant

BUT IT NEEDS TO BE VALIDATED for it to go in...and thats the big part!!!

Handiman
04-23-2018, 12:22 AM
I have decided to hold off putting up the full set of files for both programs as there are going to be some drastic changes with the factor set. So there is no reason to put the files up now as they are going to change.

When all the work is done, then I will make everything available. Probably be version 11.0

Thanks,

ccmd00d
04-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Happy to backtest the new factors with my methodology in python guys!

Handiman
04-23-2018, 08:49 PM
How many people use JCapper files?

mikesal57
04-23-2018, 09:02 PM
How many people use JCapper files?

:ThmbUp:

headhawg
04-24-2018, 09:40 AM
When I do play or test software, Handi, I still use Bris.

Disruptor108
05-25-2018, 03:23 AM
Any update on this? I’m interested in helping, testing and using the software. Thanks!

Handiman
05-25-2018, 04:30 PM
To be honest I'm not sure where we stand. Let me check with a couple of guys to see where we are and see what I can make available.

mikesal57
05-25-2018, 11:54 PM
OK Guys....

Let me chime in here....

Create 2 NEW FOLDERS:

handifast
&
handifiles

Extract "HandifastV11.zip" in handifast folder...create "shortcut to desktop" with the HandifastV11.0.exe file

& then

Extract "2Files ver 10.zip in handifiles folder....

Enjoy & let me know how it goes

Mike

ccmd00d
05-26-2018, 01:06 PM
Hey Handi / Mike!

What's new in the latest version??

Derek

mikesal57
05-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Hey Handi / Mike!

What's new in the latest version??

Derek

took out 2 least performing factors(TURF_MUD) & added 2 new ones....

PRIME & AVG SPEED....

Actually , I found a bug......Build Routine showing MUD still there...Handisearch showing correct AVG SPEED...
I'm hoping that the numbers are for AVG SPEED and the column was just labeled wrong...

HANDI...you need to verify what that column is...

Mike

Viruss
05-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Good Morning

First off let me say thank you for all the hard work that you have put into your program. I just downloaded it and it worked great.
I have read the V10 manual. But can you expand on the use of the Pace pressure gauge.

Thanks again Earl J

mikesal57
05-28-2018, 11:59 AM
Good Morning

First off let me say thank you for all the hard work that you have put into your program. I just downloaded it and it worked great.
I have read the V10 manual. But can you expand on the use of the Pace pressure gauge.

Thanks again Earl J

Earl PP Gauge is just a screen on where each horse will be positioned from start of race...

Early ..................Pressure ..................Sustained

its pretty simple

Mike

mikesal57
05-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Anybody interested in the Handisearch Files...I can put it up

I suggest lots of data to get a good output from this

Mike

Handiman
05-29-2018, 11:07 PM
The column name is wrong. Figures are correct.

mikesal57
05-30-2018, 12:35 AM
The column name is wrong. Figures are correct.

Thx Handi....thought so

dkbigsky
05-31-2018, 11:14 PM
I cant get it to run on my computer is there something I am doing wrong

mikesal57
06-01-2018, 08:07 AM
I cant get it to run on my computer is there something I am doing wrong

Come on dude.....

At least say what you did.....we are not mind readers...

dkbigsky
06-01-2018, 11:51 PM
I probably don't know enough even to tell you but ill try. I downloaded it like handi said but it keeps telling me. "runtime error OS error The system cant find the path"

mikesal57
06-01-2018, 11:55 PM
I probably don't know enough even to tell you but ill try. I downloaded it like handi said but it keeps telling me. "runtime error OS error The system cant find the path"

You need to create 2 folders on your C: drive....

Call one Handifast.....extract HandifastV11.zip into that folder...right click handifast.exe file and send to desktop

In other folder...must name it handifiles...extract the "2files.zip into it

Done!!

click Handifast Icon on your desktop...ENJOY

dkbigsky
06-02-2018, 10:36 AM
Thanks Mike I got it to work. What a great program. Now I have to figure out how to get something that works, (lots of choices) LOL

mikesal57
06-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Thanks Mike I got it to work. What a great program. Now I have to figure out how to get something that works, (lots of choices) LOL

after you play around with it...
there is a program call Handisearch that will put data & results into a CSV file.

It is great for researching factors...

I have done much work with it and hope I can come to an end and conclusions on weighting factor(s).

Mike

dkbigsky
06-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Hey Mike I have looked through the old post and cant find the directions for handisearch . Thanks

mikesal57
06-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Hey Mike I have looked through the old post and cant find the directions for handisearch . Thanks

OK..

here we go....

Create 2 folders on C: Drive.... Handisearch & temphandi

extract handisearch zip into Handisearch Folder

extract those 2files.zip you got before into temphandi

Enjoy...

PDF on directions are in there

Mike

Let me know it goes

dkbigsky
06-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Mike
I really like the handi search but on certain races when I hit batch processor it gets to that race and crashes, any ideas. If I delete that race then it works.