Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 12:12 PM
NP..anytime Ray

Going to close my windows and lock the doors
just in case Dave gets handiman after me.....no no ,I mean a hitman after me

UltimateBetter
11-03-2015, 12:28 PM
I've tried every kinda software but I was really impressed with Handiman software and yours Raybo I would never spend thousands of Dollares on software .

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 12:36 PM
I've tried every kinda software but I was really impressed with Handiman software and yours Raybo I would never spend thousands of Dollares on software .

Same here :ThmbUp:

Handiman
11-05-2015, 02:19 AM
You guys are so funny..:D I am just a very slow coder. Plus the version I am working on is the most complicated and difficult program I have ever attempted to do. Plus I'm not very smart in the first place...:)

I'll keep plodding along.

Handi:)

mikesal57
11-05-2015, 08:13 AM
You guys are so funny..:D I am just a very slow coder. Plus the version I am working on is the most complicated and difficult program I have ever attempted to do. Plus I'm not very smart in the first place...:)

I'll keep plodding along.

Hope Dave gave you some good stuff instead a way to rape us :lol:
If you need any testers...look me up
Thxs again for you ingenious work

Mike

raybo
11-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Nor would I, even if I was rich!

parlay
12-30-2015, 08:10 PM
Hi guys, hope this is not a silly query. i need a program that i can ask to search out a specific type of running line sequence. i would like to scan a entries in all races every day. please point me in the direction. thanks

mikesal57
01-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Handi....

Just wanna give a heads up on this I noticed...

Starting around the middle of Dec , there quite a number "60" showing up for the factor CC

In Jan...the whole column for every track is now "60"

Mike

NorCalGreg
01-03-2016, 06:01 PM

I wouldn't get too giddy about that--the exchange rate for a thousand dollares' is like 37cents.

mmdorn
01-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Handi....

Just wanna give a heads up on this I noticed...

Starting around the middle of Dec , there quite a number "60" showing up for the factor CC

In Jan...the whole column for every track is now "60"

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have many different version of Handifast, and do not see that problem in any of them. I use the Bris single data file. What version of Handifast, and which data file are you using?

Mike D

mikesal57
01-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Hi Mike,

I have many different version of Handifast, and do not see that problem in any of them. I use the Bris single data file. What version of Handifast, and which data file are you using?

Mike D

Strange...I've been using JCP files since July

Around Dec 15 I've started to see 60 here and there , then it was completely 60 starting Jan 1...

I got an old version 2.3 and the latest

raybo
01-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Strange...I've been using JCP files since July

Around Dec 15 I've started to see 60 here and there , then it was completely 60 starting Jan 1...

I got an old version 2.3 and the latest

What does "CC" stand for?

Speed Figure
01-03-2016, 09:17 PM
I think it's class consistency from Dick Mitchell.

mikesal57
01-03-2016, 11:46 PM
I think it's class consistency from Dick Mitchell.

Correct...

mikesal57
01-03-2016, 11:56 PM
If you guys can run some jan cards , it can prove what I believe it might be..

I think its because of the new year and the money box has zero's in it..

Mike

JimG
01-04-2016, 06:47 AM
If you guys can run some jan cards , it can prove what I believe it might be..

I think its because of the new year and the money box has zero's in it..

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just ran version 2.3 with a multicaps file, Gulfstream 1/3 and do not see the behavior you describe. The cc numbers look fine. Something must be different in the jcp (hdw) files that are affecting the calculation.

Jim

mikesal57
01-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Hi Mike,

I just ran version 2.3 with a multicaps file, Gulfstream 1/3 and do not see the behavior you describe. The cc numbers look fine. Something must be different in the jcp (hdw) files that are affecting the calculation.

Jim

thxs Jim..I'll give jeff a call

mike

upthecreek
01-04-2016, 09:53 AM
I ran Tam 01/03 Bris single file & no problems CC looks fine

raybo
01-04-2016, 12:22 PM
I just ran JCapper/HDW files into my program, FG 01/03/2016, and the money box is populated, except for 2016 of course because none of the entries have run any races in 2016 yet. So, all the money data is there, and in the proper fields.

headhawg
01-04-2016, 11:27 PM
I think it's class consistency from Dick Mitchell.It is. The CC, PS, and Power ratings are based on the Mitchell stuff from one of his books (Winning Thoroughbred Strategies, iirc). They are slightly modified from the original formulas to allow them to work with Handifast. I added those to Handifast which is why my version of the program is called HHX (headhawg eXperimental). They were just additional ratings and I wasn't sure if I was going to leave them in, hence the eXperimental in the name.

Secondbest
01-11-2016, 03:27 PM
I need some help. I downloaded Handifast. I had to leave so I closed everything.Now I can't find it.I never did anything but read the manual after I downloaded it.Any ideas where it is.
PS what is an executable file?. If that's what it is.

raybo
01-11-2016, 04:05 PM
I need some help. I downloaded Handifast. I had to leave so I closed everything.Now I can't find it.I never did anything but read the manual after I downloaded it.Any ideas where it is.
PS what is an executable file?. If that's what it is.

When you download Handifast it will probably go to your default downloads folder, mine is "Downloads". Look in there and find "HandifastMT8.2.zip". Unzip that and find "Handifast MT 8.2.exe", double click that file and the installation should start.

Secondbest
01-11-2016, 04:30 PM
When you download Handifast it will probably go to your default downloads folder, mine is "Downloads". Look in there and find "HandifastMT8.2.zip". Unzip that and find "Handifast MT 8.2.exe", double click that file and the installation should start.
Thanks. I'll try it.

Secondbest
01-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Found it. Thank you

Flysofree
01-11-2016, 08:18 PM
What data format does this program use? Is it Bris single file?

raybo
01-11-2016, 08:37 PM
What data format does this program use? Is it Bris single file?

Brisnet single files (.drf or .mcp) or JCapper data files (.jcp).

mikesal57
01-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Brisnet single files (.drf or .mcp) or JCapper data files (.jcp).

There's only one issue with JCP files.....

On Jan 1St , all horses gets a new money line with zero's in it for the current year...

The other files wait till the horse runs a race in the new year before creating a new money line for that year.

The Handifast program Column "CC" has a problem in calculating this with JCP and gives each horse a rating of "60" until the horse races.

I hope Handiman reads this and corrects it as this CC rating in instrumental to the complete rating.

Mike

raybo
01-15-2016, 11:41 AM
There's only one issue with JCP files.....

On Jan 1St , all horses gets a new money line with zero's in it for the current year...

The other files wait till the horse runs a race in the new year before creating a new money line for that year.

The Handifast program Column "CC" has a problem in calculating this with JCP and gives each horse a rating of "60" until the horse races.

I hope Handiman reads this and corrects it as this CC rating in instrumental to the complete rating.

Mike

Yeah, I suppose that would cause some problems in Handifast. In my program I look at this year and if there are no starts I use the previous year's stats, using an "IF - THEN - ELSE" statement.

mikesal57
01-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I suppose that would cause some problems in Handifast. In my program I look at this year and if there are no starts I use the previous year's stats, using an "IF - THEN - ELSE" statement.

Thxs Ray..I had a friend do the same card as me but with his DRF file and it made quite a difference...a difference like a winning horse get
ting in... :mad:

So for now I have to wait , maybe a month or 2 to use the program....dam

Mike

headhawg
01-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Does the problem occur in both the HHX version and the Multi-track version? I would be pretty sure that I controlled for that in the HHX version but I could be wrong.

mikesal57
01-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Does the problem occur in both the HHX version and the Multi-track version? I would be pretty sure that I controlled for that in the HHX version but I could be wrong.

YES it does in my HHX 2.3 too.....

I can send you a JCP File in case you want to use it..
Here it is...

Thxs for chipping in headhawg..

mike

headhawg
01-16-2016, 01:00 PM
No promises, but I will see what I can do.

mikesal57
01-16-2016, 01:09 PM
No promises, but I will see what I can do.

thx :ThmbUp:

mikesal57
01-16-2016, 01:42 PM
This should be better...

headhawg
01-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Yes, the new file worked much better, thanks. I fixed the bug for the HHX version but doing some testing before any new download will be available just to make sure. I think the mmdorn might apply the changes to the MT version but that will be up to him.

I have given up coding but the fact that you seemed genuinely disappointed in not being able to use Handifast was enough for me to attempt the fix. I'll post in this thread when the new download will be available.

Best of luck to you.

mikesal57
01-16-2016, 06:56 PM
Thank you so much
Your a gentleman in every way
I took this on at Saratoga and loved it ever since

Mike

headhawg
01-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Here is the fixed version for HHXv2.3, now v2.31. This is NOT the complete program, just two files needed to apply the fix.

Installation instructions:
These files need to be placed in the Handifast HHX Ver 2.3 folder as the support files in that folder are still needed. Because the attached file is a zip file, users need to extract (unzip) the two files to the Ver 2.3 folder. Launch the new Handifast HHX Ver 2.31 exe file in the normal way.

Note #1: The new files do not overwrite the v2.3 files, so for some reason you want to run that version you can.

Note #2: The attached zip file contains an .exe file. For your own piece of mind, scan the file with your anti-malware program(s). I am not purposely going to upload an infected file but scan it anyway.

mmdorn is working on the fix for the MT version. It's more complicated to fix because of the code for that version. I'm sure he will get it uploaded here as soon as he can.

Report any issues and I will do what I can to resolve them. Good luck.

mikesal57
01-17-2016, 01:33 PM
HH...

Looking good!!!

Hit my first prime Play...

Thxs for taking the time to program the fix :)

Mike

raybo
01-17-2016, 02:46 PM
HH...

Looking good!!!

Hit my first prime Play...

Thxs for taking the time to program the fix :)

Mike

Congrats!

$6 super ticket paid $131.80.

I assume you are using your own custom weightings?

mikesal57
01-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Congrats!

$6 super ticket paid $131.80.

I assume you are using your own custom weightings?

Yes Ray...but it needs to be universal weighing because HHX doesn't separate Surf/Dist

raybo
01-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes Ray...but it needs to be universal weighing because HHX doesn't separate Surf/Dist

Isn't there a way to save your settings and reset them for each race before you view the ratings?

mikesal57
01-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Isn't there a way to save your settings and reset them for each race before you view the ratings?

Ray....You set off an idea...

There is a file called "weights.cfg" inside the program that I can open up in note pad.

So I will now batch races in Surf/Dist and copy and paste the settings for each type race...

Thxs Ray....a little extra work but doable :)

Mike

mmdorn
01-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Here is the fixed version for Handifast MT v8.2, now v8.21. As with the HHX fix, this is NOT the complete program, just two files needed to apply the fix.

Installation instructions:
These files need to be placed in the Handifast MT Ver 8.2 folder as the support files in that folder are still needed. Because the attached file is a zip file, users need to extract (unzip) the two files to the Ver 8.2 folder. Launch the new Handifast MT Ver 8.21 exe file in the normal way.

Note #1: The new files do not overwrite the v8.2 files, so for some reason you want to run that version you can.

Note #2: The attached zip file contains an .exe file. For your own piece of mind, scan the file with your anti-malware program(s). I am not purposely going to upload an infected file but scan it anyway.

Report any issues and I will do what I can to resolve them. Good luck.

mikesal57
01-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Looking good mmdorn....did a quick look and CC looks great

Just a note to others...If you have a shortcut on your desktop from old version you need to change it to new .exe to get new version
or
leave it as mmdorn said and have 2 versions...( Why, I dont know..lol)

Just wondering....

headhawg
mmdorn
handifast

all on this project and I'm grateful to all of you
what is handifast going to do to this when he's done?

Mike

raybo
01-21-2016, 12:32 PM
Looking good mmdorn....did a quick look and CC looks great

Just a note to others...If you have a shortcut on your desktop from old version you need to change it to new .exe to get new version
or
leave it as mmdorn said and have 2 versions...( Why, I dont know..lol)

Just wondering....

headhawg
mmdorn
handifast

all on this project and I'm grateful to all of you
what is handifast going to do to this when he's done?

Mike

I thought Handi was in the middle of writing a completely new program? With this update to Handifast I would think it's done, forever, unless another bug pops up.

headhawg
01-21-2016, 11:18 PM
I thought Handi was in the middle of writing a completely new program? With this update to Handifast I would think it's done, forever, unless another bug pops up.That was my understanding as well, raybo. I think that Dave Schwartz was helping Handiman with some coding and/or handicapping ideas.

I did start a complete rewrite of HHX a couple of years ago -- new interface, autoscratch, multiple tracks, batch processing, some other features. I got to about 35-40% completion and just got tired of coding in Liberty Basic. I was going to start over using C# and Windows Presentation Foundation but gave up trying to learn those and moved on to other things. (Mostly playing keyboards again.) Every once in a while I get the urge to code, but my free time is usually taken up by something else.

Maybe mmdorn will carry the torch. He's definitely learned a lot since he first started to help code Handifast.

upthecreek
01-22-2016, 06:09 AM
I thought Handi was in the middle of writing a completely new program? With this update to Handifast I would think it's done, forever, unless another bug pops up.
Back in July in this thread Handiman said he was working on a new version with a new display,different weighting and was looking for user input

Handiman
01-28-2016, 06:32 AM
I'm still coding but have had some interruptions and having some difficulty. Mostly in design right now. Can't seem to settle on display and how to make tracks and races selectable. Plus dealing with some internal file structures.

We'll see how things go.

upthecreek
01-28-2016, 06:44 AM
I'm still coding but have had some interruptions and having some difficulty. Mostly in design right now. Can't seem to settle on display and how to make tracks and races selectable. Plus dealing with some internal file structures.

We'll see how things go.

Looking forward to the new version I use HFMT everyday
Thanks for all your hardwork :ThmbUp:

mikesal57
01-28-2016, 08:48 AM

We'll see how things go.

Handi...

Just ask us what to choose to make it easier for you...

Honestly...for me...I do one track at a time...I never used the multi part

In selecting races , the drop down method is better than the HHX version..

mike

Handiman
02-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Does anybody use the multi track functionality of the program? Or do you just handicap and play one track at a time?

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 06:02 AM
Does anybody use the multi track functionality of the program? Or do you just handicap and play one track at a time?

Personally I play just one track @ a time ,seldom have used the MT feature

mikesal57
02-05-2016, 08:33 AM

I answered prior to you asking :)....keep it simple for you...one at a time..

mike

Viruss
02-06-2016, 12:35 PM

I play 1 maybe 2 at a time, but I write down the top 4 total and EP on PP pages before I go to the track.

Earl J

acorn54
02-06-2016, 06:43 PM
multi track is essential for fast calculations when i am playing simulcast venues.

douglasw32
02-06-2016, 09:46 PM
One

mmdorn
02-07-2016, 07:09 AM

Hi Handi,

I only do one track at a time.

Mike

headhawg
02-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Interesting responses. One track only because you only play one, or because the interface doesn't allow easy access to multiple tracks?

HHXv3 would have allowed up to 12 tracks with either a drop-down to change or more likely tabs. So users print "scratch sheets"? When I play (rarely), I handicap "live" and need the ability to switch tracks easily like acorn54 mentioned.

JimG
02-07-2016, 10:50 AM
When I use the program, I use version 2.3 that allows 1 track at a time but full printing in odds line order. I print to a pdf file. That is how I use it and I wait until after scratches to print but refer to my pdf's for the rest of the day and can tab from one track to another. Works for me.

Jim

upthecreek
02-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Interesting responses. One track only because you only play one, or because the interface doesn't allow easy access to multiple tracks?

HHXv3 would have allowed up to 12 tracks with either a drop-down to change or more likely tabs. So users print "scratch sheets"? When I play (rarely), I handicap "live" and need the ability to switch tracks easily like acorn54 mentioned.

For me its just because I play one track The interface seems just find If I play 2 tracks , I load 1 print ,then load the 2nd

UltimateBetter
02-07-2016, 11:54 AM
How to print to PDFs would like some help can u share

headhawg
02-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Ultimate,

You would need to install something called a pdf printer driver. I have a pdf editor which includes one, but there are free ones out there -- CutePDF, Bullzip, doPDF, and others. Maybe someone here will recommend one. When you use it, just choose the pdf driver instead of your printer. I suspect that you may have to set the pdf printer as the default for Handifast; maybe mmdorn or JimG will confirm.

mikesal57
02-07-2016, 05:49 PM

One day I had twinspires opeded with the 5 tracks that were running...
I open multi with those 5 tracks....

Now if anyone can tell me that it was easy to bet 5 tracks like that...they are LIARS!!!

2 tracks Ok....but more than that...no f*&^king way

Mike

mmdorn
02-07-2016, 07:54 PM
There is no way to change printers within any of the handifast programs, so yes, you would have to have the pdf printer set as your default printer before you print.

Mike

headhawg
02-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Now if anyone can tell me that it was easy to bet 5 tracks like that...they are LIARS!!!Not easy, but I don't feel the need to play every race. Having choices from six or eight tracks let's me be more selective. Limiting myself to one or two makes me feel as if I have find something to play. I do better when I have more choices. If I can't find a play within five minutes or so of handicapping I just pass and move on to the next race at another track. I'm sure that style wouldn't work for everyone.

Tom
02-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Primo PDF can print or save as PDF. Free and easy to use - it shows up in your printer list.

Jingle
02-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Anyone. Can you tell me what the latest version is and where I can find it? I'm a little confused between the ver. 8.2, 2.3, and 2.31. I know Mike posted it somewhere but I can't find it.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

mikesal57
02-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Anyone. Can you tell me what the latest version is and where I can find it? I'm a little confused between the ver. 8.2, 2.3, and 2.31. I know Mike posted it somewhere but I can't find it.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Download from Post #1 and Post # 293...

Extract both into same folder...

Create desktop short cut from Handifast MT 8.21 application file...

Done

Jingle
02-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks a bunch Mikesal--appreciate it.

mikesal57
02-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Thanks a bunch Mikesal--appreciate it.

NP...Jingle a few winners :)

mike

mikesal57
02-10-2016, 01:27 PM
There are 2 features that I like....but they are both not in same program

1) HHX Program has the ability to produce a .CSV file for those that what to take it and do other stuff with it...( Just a note on this file : The only thing missing is the TOTAL POINTS that could have been in Column "Z" for each horse , but its just in the Top 4 Summery)

2) MT Program has the weights broken down by Surface and Distance...

If Handi can incorporate these in his program then I see a more complete program...

Something that I can throw out as an addition is to have "Rankings" next to each number in each category...

Ex:

CL

83-4
66-7
92-1

thxs agian

Mike

P.S. I feel funny asking and talking so much about this awesome program these guys are making and no one else is joining in...:(

douglasw32
02-10-2016, 02:54 PM
I agree , a csv with them ranked would be nice, less work after the export.

Another thing different from my original formula that I now use and is better at comparing unlike values, is to make everything a percentage of the field total, then sum the percentages for the final ranking.

mikesal57
02-10-2016, 03:51 PM
I agree , a csv with them ranked would be nice, less work after the export.

Another thing different from my original formula that I now use and is better at comparing unlike values, is to make everything a percentage of the field total, then sum the percentages for the final ranking.

that can work too...;)

thxs doug

Handiman
02-10-2016, 09:19 PM
I will see what I can do.

mikesal57
02-10-2016, 10:09 PM
You da man....

Handiman
02-11-2016, 01:08 AM
Are you talking about instead of total points, total percentages represented by adding the individual factor points based on their percentage of the individual factors?

mikesal57
02-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Are you talking about instead of total points, total percentages represented by adding the individual factor points based on their percentage of the individual factors?

Handi , thats more doug has to answer....

The way I use the points is like this....

Race 4...this race I consider a less contentious race to the top horse(s) based on separation of points

Race 9 is more open race..

Capish?

Mike

Handiman
02-11-2016, 03:27 PM
I get it. That post was for Doug actually. I should have been more clear.

Thanks,

Handiman
02-12-2016, 04:18 PM
I have not familiarized myself with the code nor have I used the the csv part of HeadHawg's code. So could someone explain to me how it essentially works? Do you get a csv file for each race? Where does the csv appear on your computer?

Thanks,

P.S. If anyone communicates with HeadHawg please let him know I am trying to reach him. Sent him a PM but no response yet.

mikesal57
02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
At work now..will answer in the morning
Unless someone else chimes in

Mike

headhawg
02-12-2016, 06:38 PM
I have not familiarized myself with the code nor have I used the the csv part of HeadHawg's code. So could someone explain to me how it essentially works? Do you get a csv file for each race? Where does the csv appear on your computer?

Thanks,

P.S. If anyone communicates with HeadHawg please let him know I am trying to reach him. Sent him a PM but no response yet.I didn't get a PM Handi. Got an email from someone who told me that you needed to reach me. Try PMing again -- box is not full, so I should get it.

cloud9
03-21-2016, 07:08 PM
I want to load Handifast MT v82 and I cant find it anywere . Can someone post the file please ?

mmdorn
03-21-2016, 07:42 PM
I want to load Handifast MT v82 and I cant find it anywere . Can someone post the file please ?

You can find the file to download at post #293.

Mike

headhawg
03-21-2016, 08:50 PM
cloud9,

If you need the whole program, go to the first post and download the full program, and then click the link in post #1 that PA provided to take you to post 293 which has the update.

cloud9
03-21-2016, 11:15 PM
cloud9,

If you need the whole program, go to the first post and download the full program, and then click the link in post #1 that PA provided to take you to post 293 which has the update.I down loaded it . Thanks

VigorsTheGrey
03-22-2016, 12:55 AM
cloud9,

If you need the whole program, go to the first post and download the full program, and then click the link in post #1 that PA provided to take you to post 293 which has the update.

What is Handifast?

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2016, 02:59 PM
I want to load Handifast MT v82 and I cant find it anywere . Can someone post the file please ?You can always find the latest version of the program in post #1 of this thread. Also, there is a link to the PATCH in post #293. Post #293 does NOT have the complete program, which you need to install before installing the patch in 293.

mikesal57
03-22-2016, 04:02 PM
What is Handifast?

It's a "free" software program . Though you need to purchase data files in order to run it.

It's put together by a few member's here with their own generosity and time.

I'll put it up against any and all that's out there!!!

Mike

VigorsTheGrey
03-22-2016, 07:11 PM
It's a "free" software program . Though you need to purchase data files in order to run it.

It's put together by a few member's here with their own generosity and time.

I'll put it up against any and all that's out there!!!

Mike

Where do you buy the data files at? Can you display a screenshot or what are it's major features?

mikesal57
03-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Where do you buy the data files at? Can you display a screenshot or what are it's major features?

Files can be bought at brisnet.com
Major features???..............Hopefully picking winners....duh

Screenshot....

Came in 10-9-5...#10 $20.60

Handiman
03-25-2016, 04:21 AM
You blocked out the most important part....LOL

Still working on the new version.

upthecreek
03-25-2016, 07:11 AM

Great to hear Handi :ThmbUp: I use it as my main software program Looking forward to the new version

mikesal57
03-25-2016, 10:28 AM

I'm not stupid.... :lol:

Hope for it out by Saratoga....It was awesome there

Mike

P.S.- If you need anything from me , just ask Handi

TBred17Roan
03-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Could someone refresh my (lack of) memory. This topic is under Handifast. I would like to know who is responsible for the two versions I use HHXv21 and MT 8.2. I actually have a little better success with the HHX program and would like to know if that will be updated in the future. Thanks.

raybo
03-25-2016, 03:15 PM
Could someone refresh my (lack of) memory. This topic is under Handifast. I would like to know who is responsible for the two versions I use HHXv21 and MT 8.2. I actually have a little better success with the HHX program and would like to know if that will be updated in the future. Thanks.

MT 8.2 is Handi's program.

Incidentally, I like the HandiFast ratings (using the default weights) for Dazzling Gem in the LA Derby tomorrow! But, I don't like the fair odds for him at 4/1. I'd take his 10/1 morning line odds though - LOL. My Black Box program likes the 3 likely favs (1, 2, 6) but their prices will probably be too undervalued for me, would need 5/1+ on any of them to bet.

mikesal57
03-25-2016, 04:13 PM

I believe HHX is done for now...

Handiman is doing a few upgrades for us with Handifast :)

Mike

mikesal57
03-25-2016, 04:20 PM
MT 8.2 is Handi's program.

Incidentally, I like the HandiFast ratings (using the default weights) for Dazzling Gem in the LA Derby tomorrow! But, I don't like the fair odds for him at 4/1. I'd take his 10/1 morning line odds though - LOL. My Black Box program likes the 3 likely favs (1, 2, 6) but their prices will probably be too undervalued for me, would need 5/1+ on any of them to bet.

Getting 5-1 fair odds here...

headhawg
03-25-2016, 04:39 PM
The brief history...

Doug (douglasw32) wrote a program in Visual Basic using a "system" based on how someone he knew handicapped the ponies. He called it F.A.S.T. There was something that he didn't know how to do in VB so Handiman stepped up and rewrote the code in Liberty Basic, added some features and called it Handifast. Handi had a couple of problems, one being errors in certain Bris files that caused issues. I had already worked out the datafile problem and offered to help with the code. When I added a version of the Dick Mitchell Class-Consistency and Pace-Speed numbers to Handifast it was an eXperimental version. I decided to call it HHX so that people knew that it was different from the original Handifast. I also added the ability to export the numbers to a .csv file and maybe a few other tweaks.

After that, Handi wrote the MT (multitrack) version and I started to do a nearly complete rewrite of HHX known as version 3. I got burned out writing code so I stopped working on HHXv3 probably three years ago, maybe more. There's a HHXv3 thread with some screen shots.

There was no printing capability in either version so Mike (mmdorn) has added that to both versions along with some other fixes. He's currently carrying the torch as the programmer for the current versions. As has been mentioned, Handiman is working on a new version, and it's 99-1 that I go back and finish HHXv3. I was trying to learn C# and WPF for a homegrown program, but those things didn't click with my old brain, and now my free time is spent on other things. I never say never, so it's possible that I will work on v3 again. Frankly I assumed nobody was using it so there wasn't a big incentive to keep working on it. We'll see.

TBred17Roan
03-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Thanks Headhawg for the explanation. Just so you know I still use your program and it does have a niche in my process and I will continue to use it until it falls apart. Appreciate all the time and effort you put into it and the fact that you shared it freely. Best of luck.

JimG
03-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Thanks Headhawg for the explanation. Just so you know I still use your program and it does have a niche in my process and I will continue to use it until it falls apart. Appreciate all the time and effort you put into it and the fact that you shared it freely. Best of luck.

Ditto the above and all the best to Headhawg and Mike Dorn.

Secondbest
03-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Getting 5-1 fair odds here...
I have handifast but have not used it yet.I see you have 25 columns. Some such as ml, pts are self explanatory.I hate to ask because its a lot but can you please tell me what the column abbreviations stand for. I tried but couldn't quite figure out most of them.
Thanks in advance.

mikesal57
03-25-2016, 10:27 PM
I have handifast but have not used it yet.I see you have 25 columns. Some such as ml, pts are self explanatory.I hate to ask because its a lot but can you please tell me what the column abbreviations stand for. I tried but couldn't quite figure out most of them.
Thanks in advance.

Inside the zip file for 8.2 there is a instruction text file...
Should give you some answers..

mike

Secondbest
03-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Inside the zip file for 8.2 there is a instruction text file...
Should give you some answers..

mike
Thanks mike

kingfin66
03-30-2016, 01:50 AM
I have downloaded Handifast following the instructions in posts 1 and 293. First, I downloaded Handifast 8.2 and extracted the files. Next, I downloaded the 8.21 patch and extracted the files to the Handifast 8.21 folder. I created a shortcut and opened the progra. It shows that I am running Handifast 8.21. So far so good. What is happening next is baffling me.

The program opens to the top of my screen and I cannot move it. The result is that key buttons on the top of the screen are inaccessible. The jpg shows what is happening. I have tried moving the file. It does not work. I have tried re-sizing. That is the way I was able to get what is showing.

Any ideas for how to fix? Thanks in advance for any help.

kingfin66
03-30-2016, 01:54 AM
I seem to have solved the problem. I minimized the program and then maximized it. When I maximized it everything was there.

With that done, another question looms:

Any ideas for settings? Or, do most of you just use the default?

upthecreek
03-30-2016, 06:46 AM
I seem to have solved the problem. I minimized the program and then maximized it. When I maximized it everything was there.

With that done, another question looms:

Any ideas for settings? Or, do most of you just use the default?
Experiment like I did Use your handicapping knowledge If you think class and late pace is important in turf routes,adjust the weights In sprints if you think early pace and a certain speed fig is important, do the same Run some cards thru and check to see how the winner faired Just a note a slight change in weights doesn't have much affect on the rankings

acorn54
03-30-2016, 10:47 PM
to the developers of the software headhawg and doug. although i have never met you personally to thank you for being so generous in your labor of love-this horse program-thanks from afar. if it means anything i almost always check the selections your software comes up with for possible exacta horses with my key horse.
can't say i make a profit but it has certainly helped in continuing keeping the ponies a high point of my day, at an affordable expense.

headhawg
03-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Any ideas for settings? Or, do most of you just use the default?Yes, what upthecreek wrote... I would add that I have heard from users that they have had the most success by setting most of the weights to zero and then focusing on the weights of four or five factors.

Glad to hear that, acorn. Posts like yours, JimG's, and Tbred's might motivate me to work on HHXv3 again. :)

mikesal57
03-30-2016, 11:22 PM
Yes, what upthecreek wrote... I would add that I have heard from users that they have had the most success by setting most of the weights to zero and then focusing on the weights of four or five factors.

Glad to hear that, acorn. Posts like yours, JimG's, and Tbred's might motivate me to work on HHXv3 again. :)

So that 99-1 shot has a chance... :jump:

mike

headhawg
03-30-2016, 11:27 PM
Maybe that big longshot will come in Mike. :) I shouldn't have left you out of my last post. I know that you're a big fan of the program.

mikesal57
03-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Maybe that big longshot will come in Mike. :) I shouldn't have left you out of my last post. I know that you're a big fan of the program.

No problem head...
Lets see what handiman comes out with....just maybe you wont need to finish it.. :)

mike

Handiman
04-01-2016, 01:00 AM
Getting very close to Alpha testing new version. Couple more things to do.

upthecreek
04-01-2016, 07:06 AM

If you are in need of beta testers,I'm in :ThmbUp:

mikesal57
04-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Can test too...I got both version ready to go.... :ThmbUp:

mike

headhawg
04-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Lets see what handiman comes out with....just maybe you wont need to finish it.. :)I am curious as well. I am sure it will be a good program and probably very different from the direction I was going with HHX. It will be interesting to see what Handi comes up with.

kingfin66
04-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Yes, what upthecreek wrote... I would add that I have heard from users that they have had the most success by setting most of the weights to zero and then focusing on the weights of four or five factors.

That approach makes a lot of sense. I am going to try that. I have another program that I use that is helpful in giving information about which factors are useful for different tracks, distances, and services.

mikesal57
04-02-2016, 10:47 AM
I am curious as well. I am sure it will be a good program and probably very different from the direction I was going with HHX. It will be interesting to see what Handi comes up with.

Interesting statement...I believed that the calculations and factors were the same in both ( since all the columns are the same)...
So what will be the "different direction" Head?

Mike

mikesal57
04-02-2016, 11:02 AM
That approach makes a lot of sense. I am going to try that. I have another program that I use that is helpful in giving information about which factors are useful for different tracks, distances, and services.

Here's the problem with using "other sources" to get what you believe is to get the right factor's and weights to apply to Handifast/HHX.

I've used JCapper for 3+ years....
while using it , lets say for example that the factors in rank of importance is:

1-Class
2-Speed figs
3-Early
4-Late
5 Form

I transposed this over to HF/HHX and took it as it was...
One day , while I was on vacation , I did a study on Tampa to see what HF/HHX factors was winning...

Lo and behold....Form & Late was hitting as the better factors.

This maybe a track specific result but I'd be weary as to believing that what works for one program might work for another...

Mike

HAS ANYONE DID ANY STUDIES AS TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

raybo
04-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Here's the problem with using "other sources" to get what you believe is to get the right factor's and weights to apply to Handifast/HHX.

I've used JCapper for 3+ years....
while using it , lets say for example that the factors in rank of importance is:

1-Class
2-Speed figs
3-Early
4-Late
5 Form

I transposed this over to HF/HHX and took it as it was...
One day , while I was on vacation , I did a study on Tampa to see what HF/HHX factors was winning...

Lo and behold....Form & Late was hitting as the better factors.

This maybe a track specific result but I'd be weary as to believing that what works for one program might work for another...

Mike

HAS ANYONE DID ANY STUDIES AS TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

My opinion/research is that different factors work at different tracks and different meets. Some factors will carry over from meet to meet, track to track, but some won't. That's why I favor smaller databases that are track and meet specific. What worked last year at this track may not work this year, and what works at one track may/probably won't work at another.

headhawg
04-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Interesting statement...I believed that the calculations and factors were the same in both ( since all the columns are the same)...
So what will be the "different direction" Head?Just adding more things and make it more HHX than Handifast. I might revive the HHXv3 thread and ask people for a feature list. I already know a few: better interface, batch processing, and db capability. Can do the former but not the latter, at least not easily.

mikesal57
04-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Just adding more things and make it more HHX than Handifast. I might revive the HHXv3 thread and ask people for a feature list. I already know a few: better interface, batch processing, and db capability. Can do the former but not the latter, at least not easily.

HH....just have fun with it...theres no pressure on you...what ever you have problems with , ask the board...maybe someone can help

mike

mikesal57
04-02-2016, 01:26 PM
My opinion/research is that different factors work at different tracks and different meets. Some factors will carry over from meet to meet, track to track, but some won't. That's why I favor smaller databases that are track and meet specific. What worked last year at this track may not work this year, and what works at one track may/probably won't work at another.

Ray...

Your talking about stuff "within" your program....
What I was talking about is assuming what works in one program , should/might not...work in another...

Example: Say your Alldata program shows that you've created a kick ass "Early Factor" that with stands all tracks and has a big ROI...

Now , you go into HHX and weigh the "Early" factor more than the others
Would you be correct?

I'm just responding to Kingfin66's post about using outside influences to make judgement decisions in another program
I hope I said this clearly...

Mike

Handiman
04-05-2016, 12:27 AM
I started out with high ambitions but decided as I went along a bit, what I was trying to do was either just useless bells and whistles or wasn't possible in Liberty Basic.

What I have done is cut back to one track. And leave the racefiles you use in the same place you have them and not make you move them to suit me.

Now here is what I am excited about. I put in a race analyst creator. At present in Handifast you had four factor setups to configure and use. With the new version, you will be able to create up to 100 analysts. Probably an analyst for every type of race. And the points per factor now goes from 0 to 250. Plus you have two Scaling options available. The one you use now and one based on Fibonacci numbers as percentages of points allocated to the top 4 horses in each selected factors.

I also added another factor called Carrol Speed. Some of you may be familiar with his work. I really like the number in sprints, but it is valuable in linger races too.

Have Mike Dorn doing some tweaking for me and some Alpha testing, plus making sure the printing works. If all goes well, Head will have the csv functionality all squared away too.

It took me a long time to get this done as I tried different languages and had some high falootin' ideas.

Since you have been so patient with me, I have coded in a little fun item and hidden it. Once I get Handifast Version 9.0 to PA and he makes it available, the first user to find my hidden little fun thing and reports it here in this thread will receive $25 cash from me.

May do some other things down the road if I can find something that adds value, but not going to tinker just to be tinkering.

That's about it for now. May take a week or two to get everything ready to go.

mikesal57
04-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I started out with high ambitions but decided as I went along a bit, what I was trying to do was either just useless bells and whistles or wasn't possible in Liberty Basic.

What I have done is cut back to one track. And leave the racefiles you use in the same place you have them and not make you move them to suit me.

Now here is what I am excited about. I put in a race analyst creator. At present in Handifast you had four factor setups to configure and use. With the new version, you will be able to create up to 100 analysts. Probably an analyst for every type of race. And the points per factor now goes from 0 to 250. Plus you have two Scaling options available. The one you use now and one based on Fibonacci numbers as percentages of points allocated to the top 4 horses in each selected factors.

I also added another factor called Carrol Speed. Some of you may be familiar with his work. I really like the number in sprints, but it is valuable in linger races too.

Have Mike Dorn doing some tweaking for me and some Alpha testing, plus making sure the printing works. If all goes well, Head will have the csv functionality all squared away too.

It took me a long time to get this done as I tried different languages and had some high falootin' ideas.

Since you have been so patient with me, I have coded in a little fun item and hidden it. Once I get Handifast Version 9.0 to PA and he makes it available, the first user to find my hidden little fun thing and reports it here in this thread will receive $25 cash from me.

May do some other things down the road if I can find something that adds value, but not going to tinker just to be tinkering.

DUDE....your freaking awesome!!!!

I believe most using it would be happy with the stuff that we suggested but your going over the top with what your doing...

Adding stuff like "Carrol Speed" just makes it that much better because I never heard about that..LOL

Just one question:

Is there a way to turn off the new stuff and use the Original Handifast as it was at the start....because I'm sure you'll get a question like this.

Thxs
Mike

P.S- Cant believe I am the first to respond...I worked to about midnight and just woke up to see this :confused:

upthecreek
04-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Outstanding Handi! You went over the top! I can't wait go see it Thanks for all your hard work Much appreciated

raybo
04-05-2016, 12:47 PM

Handi,

I assume by "analysts" you mean that the program learns from itself, self-adjusting the weights for the various factors as more races are run through the program?

Handiman
04-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Hope to have it ready in a couple of weeks.

There is no need to turn anything off. If you want to use it like you do now, just build 4 analysts with the same numbers assigned to the factors you use in the present 4 factor selections available to you now. And then select "Woods" as the scaling object, as it works exactly like the present program does in portioning out the point values to the top 4 horses.

Bottom line is it will allow the user to do exactly what they are now, or expand to really drill down into every race type.

Hope that answers your question.

Handiman
04-05-2016, 01:11 PM
No Ray. I'm not that smart for heavens sake...LOL Analysts is just a name I am using for factor setups. So you can create a factor setup for any type race you want. You are not stuck with just four. Or you can just setup 4 exactly like you use now.

mikesal57
04-05-2016, 01:24 PM
hey handi...

can it be voice activated

:lol:

raybo
04-05-2016, 02:16 PM
No Ray. I'm not that smart for heavens sake...LOL Analysts is just a name I am using for factor setups. So you can create a factor setup for any type race you want. You are not stuck with just four. Or you can just setup 4 exactly like you use now.

OK, my mistake. I have been tinkering with the idea of doing a bit of "crude" AI in Excel, using macros instead of professional quality AI code (because I have no idea how to code something like that in a stand alone environment). Just in the thinking process right now, and don't know if it will ever get past that point. Probably will use a bunch of factors, start with initial weightings, and then have the program recalculate those weightings after every race is run through the program (batch processing to the hilt I'm sure, in order to get enough iterations, in a reasonable period of time (hours/days?) to do the job).

The original idea was to project the public's odds for different tracks, surfaces, distances, classes, etc., but if one can do that, then one should be able to create a fair odds line, and if one can do that, then one should be able to create models that are self adjusting, regarding the weightings for all the available factors. Will probably start with a track and race type that is more easily predictable, regarding how the public bets it, and if that turns out ok then work on less predictive tracks and race types. I understand that the endeavor will be quite difficult if not impossible, for me, especially in Excel. But, what the heck, I have a few years left, hopefully. :lol:

Handiman
04-06-2016, 06:48 PM
I guess I am a Tinkerer after all. Got to thinking and decided to add in an overlay calculator for betting. It is an old overlay dutching program I wrote a long time ago that is pretty cool. Allows the user to dutch up to 2 to 4 horses. Based on the fair odds and the tote odds, the program will tell you what the optimum bet is, but allows you to set your minimum risk and then calculates whether you have a group overlay or not and tells you what amounts to bet if in fact you have a group overlay.

I don't know if anybody will use it, just thought it would add some more value to the program.

mikesal57
04-06-2016, 07:11 PM
I guess I am a Tinkerer after all. Got to thinking and decided to add in an overlay calculator for betting. It is an old overlay dutching program I wrote a long time ago that is pretty cool. Allows the user to dutch up to 2 to 4 horses. Based on the fair odds and the tote odds, the program will tell you what the optimum bet is, but allows you to set your minimum risk and then calculates whether you have a group overlay or not and tells you what amounts to bet if in fact you have a group overlay.

I don't know if anybody will use it, just thought it would add some more value to the program.

Hey ...Stop it!!!

You might start thinking about selling this...

Mike

NorCalGreg
04-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Hey ...Stop it!!!

You might start thinking about selling this...

Mike

Well everyone knows something that's FREE can't be any good---stick a $400 price tag on that bad boy, with all the new additions---call it the HANDI-FAST PRO.

I'll probably buy it :D

Handiman
04-06-2016, 08:35 PM
LOL..... I couldn't sell clean water in India. :lol:

mikesal57
04-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Well everyone knows something that's FREE can't be any good---stick a $400 price tag on that bad boy, with all the new additions---call it the HANDI-FAST PRO.

I'll probably buy it :D

Please don't!!!

It takes me 5 hours a day just to read all your posts now... :rolleyes:

NorCalGreg
04-08-2016, 11:02 PM
Please don't!!!

It takes me 5 hours a day just to read all your posts now... :rolleyes:

Hold up, New York...you've been on here since 2003 and posted almost 700 times already. That's like...one post a week for 13 YEARS!

Okay.......... that's not really a lot.

Nevermind.

mikesal57
04-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Hold up, New York...you've been on here since 2003 and posted almost 700 times already. That's like...one post a week for 13 YEARS!

Okay.......... that's not really a lot.

Nevermind.

Point proven...took you 2 days to respond to my post :lol:

P.S- You mean The National League defending Champions ..New York Mets

mikesal57
04-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Handi...

Since your on a binge with additions...

How about adding this...

Its a final fraction calculation from Mike Pizzola...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75943

Mike

Handiman
04-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Not sure it fits in with the concept of Handifast. I did add a new factor, that being Carroll Speed.

For the next version upgrade may see about taking program in a slightly different direction, or expand it's view of things.

But very close to having version 9.0 done and released to PA for downloading.

mikesal57
04-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Not sure it fits in with the concept of Handifast. I did add a new factor, that being Carroll Speed.

For the next version upgrade may see about taking program in a slightly different direction, or expand it's view of things.

But very close to having version 9.0 done and released to PA for downloading.

Ok.....cant wait to dig in...
I'm on vacation for a week starting tomorrow...wink...wink

mike

Handiman
04-11-2016, 03:48 PM
How many guys use the csv functionality of Headhawg's Handifast version?

upthecreek
04-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I do occasionally, but can live without it

JimG
04-11-2016, 04:06 PM
The ability to print the entire card, in odds line order, would be very handy.

Jim

Viruss
04-11-2016, 04:59 PM

I do not use it Handi.

Earl J

Ghostrider5
04-11-2016, 10:24 PM
How is the carroll speed figure used in the program? Just the last three speed figures based on carroll speed figure methodology . Instead of s1, s2,and s3.

Ghostrider5

Handiman
04-12-2016, 02:52 AM
The program takes the last 3 Carrol figures, adds the best and the worst of the three and gets the average.

mikesal57
04-12-2016, 08:21 AM

The cvs functionality gave us 2 excel files to work with...

One was for a printable version of each race which is more like a condensed version of PP's.

The other was a file that can be used to create/add to a database.
But this was incomplete because the result files were NOT incorporated into it.
So you dont know odds , results , positions...etc

The first file I can do without..
The second one I would definitely use for work outside of HHX..

Also in this thread, a few of us asked for a few improvements to these file(s).

Thx

mike

Handiman
04-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Thanks Mike I will take a look.

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Had to remove the two posts with files attached. Posting data files on the board is a no-no...sorry

raybo
04-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Handi,

I've been toying with a weighted factors method in my program for several months now, with the initial goal of projecting the final odds, or at least the odds order as defined by the final odds. Do you find that it's better to use actual factor ratings, or do you use the rankings of the factor ratings? I'm currently using the rankings of the ratings rather than the actual ratings themselves, before the weightings are applied. That way, the often wide diversity of the actual ratings (especially the worst ones due to horses or jockeys quitting, etc.) multiplied by the weightings are less likely to be skewed even further out of the ballpark. So, in an 8 horse field the best ranking will be 1 and the worst will be 8, so with a weighting of 10 the best would be 10 and the worst would be 80, rather than something like the best being 104 and the worst being -56, equaling 1040 and -560, with a 10 weighting.

Does this make sense to you or not?

raybo
04-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Had to remove the two posts with files attached. Posting data files on the board is a no-no...sorry

Good catch Mike!

mikesal57
04-12-2016, 04:09 PM

Sorry Sir ...I gave my butt a wack

Handiman
04-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Raybo,

Here's how Handifast works. Handifast really has two ways it weights factors in the race. Each horse gets a raw individual factor number it earns. Let's say speed last race: each horse has a number, assume no first time starters in the race.
Top horse has a 92, then next horse has a 90 and 3rd horse gets an 84 and 4th horse earns a 78 and so on.

Handifast, for that factor, takes the points assigned to that factor in your race setup and gives the top horse double the factor points. The next 3 horses get the points assigned for that factor. It does that for every factor that you have selected to be in a race setup. Which in new version are called 'Analysts."

The factor points are totaled and a fair odds line is developed from there.

So that is one weighting, which I call scaling. The second way of weighting is actually just the different point assignments to each factor. So early speed may have a factor number of 100 and late speed could be 80. Based on that, early speed has more weight then late speed. So actually I guess, I weight the factors and then also weight the horses efforts too. That makes up the two weightings I mentioned earlier.

Hope that answers your question.

By the way, in the new version there is two scaling options.

Handiman
04-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Getting close. I am writing the Handifast Version 9.0 instructions right now. I hope to have them finished and in a form I can include in the finished release very soon.

Also don't forget. I have hidden a fun little thing in the program, that is worth $25 to the first person to discover it, and report here what they found that they think is the 'THING'. If they are correct then I will send out a check for $25 to them.

Should be releasing the new version sometime within the next few days if everything goes well.

raybo
04-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Raybo,

Here's how Handifast works. Handifast really has two ways it weights factors in the race. Each horse gets a raw individual factor number it earns. Let's say speed last race: each horse has a number, assume no first time starters in the race.
Top horse has a 92, then next horse has a 90 and 3rd horse gets an 84 and 4th horse earns a 78 and so on.

Handifast, for that factor, takes the points assigned to that factor in your race setup and gives the top horse double the factor points. The next 3 horses get the points assigned for that factor. It does that for every factor that you have selected to be in a race setup.

Let me get this straight. In your example horses' ratings, 92, 90, 84, 78, the top horse receives a final score of 184, the 2nd highest receives 90, 3rd gets 84, and 4th gets 78? Or, are you saying that the top horse gets double the weighting? Say the weighting for that factor is 10, then the top horse gets a 20 and the other 3 get 10?

The double weighting makes more sense to me, except, why not give the 2nd horse 10 the 3rd horse 5 and the 4th horse 2, or something similar? Just trying to understand your thinking, not denigrating it.

In my method, if the weighting was 10, the top horse would get 1*10=10, the 2nd horse would get 2*10=20, the 3rd horse would get 3*10=30, and the 4th would get 4*10=40, with the lowest being best and highest being worst.

headhawg
04-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Personally I like what Mitchell did with his ratings in Winning Thoroughbred Strategies. The lowest rated horse gets a 60 and the highest gets a 100 with the numbers in between getting a score based on a percentage of the highest rated. In HHX, that's how the numbers are created for P-S and C-C. This somewhat mitigates the extreme differences in the numbers. It's like compressing the range. I don't really know what this means mathematically or statistically, but the creation of horse ratings is not the same as trying to land on the moon so it seems reasonable to do.

Handiman
04-13-2016, 02:54 AM
The speed numbers in our example are just used to rank the horses. Then as you said, the top horse gets double the points you assigned the factor and the other 3 get the points assigned to the factor.

The scaling is or can be what ever people want it to be. I may put Mitchell's way of doing in the next version. Headhawg likes Mitchell's way of doing it. I used Mitchell's way in a couple of early programs I wrote for my self years ago.

Handiman
04-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Handifast Version 9.0 is winging it's way to PA. When he gets it, I'm sure he will post it for download as soon as he can.

There is an instruction pdf that you need to go through before using the program or you may get lost a bit.

First thing you need to do is create "C:\temphandi" folder. This is where you need to unzip all the files to before you can access the program. This will keep it all together and protect previous versions you may have now. In case you don't like the new version.

It doesn't have csv fuctionallity but hopefully a version will be available with it soon. I have tried to eliminate all bugs, but that never usually happens, so it you find one or more, please let me know. I monitor this thread continually.

Again, I built in a fun little thing that you may stumble upon or not. If you do and are the first person to post what you find and you are correct, I will send off a $25 check to you. Just wanted to do this as a way of saying thank you for having faith in our little program.

I hope I can continue to add value to Handifast over the next few years before I cash my final ticket in at hopefully what will be Heaven's Gate!

Good Luck and let's get some winners.

mikesal57
04-13-2016, 10:15 PM
Handifast Version 9.0 is winging it's way to PA. When he gets it, I'm sure he will post it for download as soon as he can.

There is an instruction pdf that you need to go through before using the program or you may get lost a bit.

First thing you need to do is create "C:\temphandi" folder. This is where you need to unzip all the files to before you can access the program. This will keep it all together and protect previous versions you may have now. In case you don't like the new version.

It doesn't have csv fuctionallity but hopefully a version will be available with it soon. I have tried to eliminate all bugs, but that never usually happens, so it you find one or more, please let me know. I monitor this thread continually.

Again, I built in a fun little thing that you may stumble upon or not. If you do and are the first person to post what you find and you are correct, I will send off a $25 check to you. Just wanted to do this as a way of saying thank you for having faith in our little program.

I hope I can continue to add value to Handifast over the next few years before I cash my final ticket in at hopefully what will be Heaven's Gate!

Handi...

Appreciate all you've done on this project ...your a real class guy!!

As for maybe meeting you at Heavens Gate....
Well, you might be waiting a long long long time for me :(

Also a big thanks for the people that helped you ( including Dave ,whats his name???)

Mike

Handiman
04-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Had a down afternoon so thought I would play around with the new version. Here are the betting rules:
If race more than 6 horses run 3 top horses through the dutchman. If no group overlay then bet top horse only if overlay according to fair odds. $20 win bet,

If 6 horses or less, then run 2 top horses through the dutchman. If no group overlay then bet top horse if overlay according to fair odds. $20 win bet.

Here are the results from Aqueduct.

Aqua

1. 20.00 out 88.00 win No Dutch
2. no bet underlay had winner 2nd spot
3. No bet underlay had the winner top spot.
4. No Bet underlay had winner in top spot.
5. 20.00 out Miss no Dutch
6. No Bet underlay had winner in 2nd spot
7. 2 dutch 49 out 145.00 back winner in top spot
8. 3 dutch 49 out 105.00 back winner in top spot

This was just a test with 3 analysts built. Route dirt, Sprint dirt and Route Turf. Going to keep fooling around building analyst for differing conditions and see what happens.

mikesal57
04-15-2016, 10:22 AM
DUDE...Hush Hush on this... :)

raybo
04-15-2016, 01:18 PM
DUDE...Hush Hush on this... :)

LOL - I wonder what the probabilities are of someone new to the program guessing Handi's weightings for his 3 analysts? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2016, 01:21 PM

Handi:)Sometimes I don't check my email...good thing you posted this, or I'd have been drawn and quartered for not getting this up before the weekend... :lol: I'll get to it soon...I promise... :eek:

mikesal57
04-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Sometimes I don't check my email...good thing you posted this, or I'd have been drawn and quartered for not getting this up before the weekend... :lol: I'll get to it soon...I promise... :eek:

Your way past this already....now your going to be plucked and skinned.... ;)

Handiman
04-15-2016, 10:16 PM
I think I have found a couple of bugs already. They have to do with building an Analyst and using the Dutchman. I will give you workarounds right now till I can get them fixed.

First, when you want to build an Analyst, do it just after you open the program. If you want to build another one, then close down program and re start and then build another Analyst. You will have to do this till I can fix the problem of factors attaching themselves to the second analyst and so on.

The dutchman workaround is kind of similar. After you handicap a race then activate the dutchman and use it. But between races you have to close it and reactivate after you handicap the next race.

I know it's a bit of a pain and I will fix the code as soon as I can and issue Handifast 9.1

mikesal57
04-15-2016, 10:36 PM
I think I have found a couple of bugs already. They have to do with building an Analyst and using the Dutchman. I will give you workarounds right now till I can get them fixed.

First, when you want to build an Analyst, do it just after you open the program. If you want to build another one, then close down program and re start and then build another Analyst. You will have to do this till I can fix the problem of factors attaching themselves to the second analyst and so on.

The dutchman workaround is kind of similar. After you handicap a race then activate the dutchman and use it. But between races you have to close it and reactivate after you handicap the next race.

I know it's a bit of a pain and I will fix the code as soon as I can and issue Handifast 9.1

Thxs for the heads up Handi...

By time we get it you'll be up to 9.6 :lol:

Did you play a card today?

Mike

Handiman
04-16-2016, 12:55 AM
I'm checking a new way of betting today. I'm such a Tinkerer...LOL Here's today's Test on Aqu and Gpx: Betting just top horse to win and place

Aqu

1. No Bet
2. 2.60 2.10
3. 4.80 3.70
4. Miss
5. 17.80 4.20
6. Miss
7. 4.90 2.70
8. 4.00 2.80
9. Miss

18.00 34.10

Gpx

1. 6.00 3.00
2. 4.40 2.80
3. 3.40 2.40
4. 8.00 3.80
5. Miss
6. Miss
7. Miss 2.60
8. 10.00 5.80
9. 6.80 4.20

18.00 38.60

But this is just one day and only 2 tracks. Going to check out rest of the cards today and see what happens.

UltimateBetter
04-16-2016, 11:15 AM
So has the new software been posted.

mikesal57
04-16-2016, 11:44 AM
So has the new software been posted.

Got lost in the mail :lol:

UltimateBetter
04-16-2016, 02:31 PM
Ya so did my Tipshit....

mikesal57
04-17-2016, 07:58 AM
Got this email last night....

Looks like Speed Figure chickened out or it was deleted.....lol
Is Speed Figure a Moderator here?

Hello mikesal57,

Speed Figure has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - DOWNLOAD HERE - Newest Version of HandiFast - in the HandiFast Handicapping Software forum of Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board.

This thread is located at:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91683&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
The people are waiting for the new handifast sir, what do you want me to do about it? PA is like... :D

https://youtu.be/X8lT-Sn-HqE

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/subscription.php?do=usub&t=91683

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

mikesal57
04-17-2016, 08:23 AM
OK......that's it!!!

Everyone knows and no one has the balls to say it...

After PA's last post he got a package from one of our more prominent businessman here....

Now he's ......

Speed Figure
04-17-2016, 10:31 AM

Hello mikesal57,

Speed Figure has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - DOWNLOAD HERE - Newest Version of HandiFast - in the HandiFast Handicapping Software forum of Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board.

The people are waiting for the new handifast sir, what do you want me to do about it? PA is like... :D

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

You got me! I couldn't get the video to show up so I deleted it. Guess I didn't.:lol:

mikesal57
04-17-2016, 10:35 AM
You got me! I couldn't get the video to show up so I deleted it. Guess I didn't.:lol:

Video worked fine....."I'll be back"

Handiman
04-17-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm a little confused here. Did Handifast 9.0 ever become available here?

upthecreek
04-17-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm a little confused here. Did Handifast 9.0 ever become available here?

No just ask Mikesal57!!!

JimG
04-17-2016, 01:41 PM
No just ask Mikesal57!!!

Mikesal57 is not the only one waiting for it. Just the most vocal. LOL

upthecreek
04-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Mikesal57 is not the only one waiting for it. Just the most vocal. LOL
I know that's why I said ask him :lol:

NorCalGreg
04-17-2016, 01:54 PM

Hello mikesal57,

Yours,

Who has a set-up where you get an email if someone responds to your post?

Aren't the Viagra and "Male Enhancement" spam e-mails enough?

raybo
04-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Who has a set-up where you get an email if someone responds to your post?

Aren't the Viagra and "Male Enhancement" spam e-mails enough?

I get an email for all posts made in forums that I am subscribed to, even if they get deleted after posting.

My spam feature catches most of the real spam emails and sends them to my spam folder, which I can choose to view or not, they get trashed automatically in 30 days.

mikesal57
04-17-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm away for an hour and I see all this commotion going on.... thinking its finally here
and nothing :(

If it ever comes out , I wont need any enhancements....

I'll pop a boner hitting the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button

NorCalGreg
04-17-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm away for an hour and I see all this commotion going on.... thinking its finally here
and nothing :(

If it ever comes out , I wont need any enhancements....

I'll pop a boner hitting the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....okay that was funny. Now behave :mad:

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I messed up...it happens sometimes...

My apologies...will have it up before noon today...promise...

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2016, 11:36 AM
The newest (v9.0) version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast (http://www.paceadvantage.com/Handifast 9.0.zip)

Dr Gonzo
04-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Thanks Handi. You are a true working man's hero :ThmbUp:

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 12:27 PM
The newest (v9.0) version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast (http://www.paceadvantage.com/Handifast 9.0.zip)

AHHHH....FINALLY!!!!! :jump:

PA...forget everything I said... :lol:

Dam....I wasn't first...

Mike

acorn54
04-18-2016, 01:49 PM
i get an error log with new 9.0 -help

upthecreek
04-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Anybody else having trouble with picking woods or Fibonacci? I have to chose both? Theyre side by side not listed seperate?

Handiman
04-18-2016, 02:30 PM
I have not had that happen. I will send out a updated version I have been working on to fix some bugs.

As soon as I can.

upthecreek
04-18-2016, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Handiman]I have not had that happen. I will send out a updated version I have been working on to fix some bugs.

As soon as I can.

Handi:)[/QUOTE
Thanks Hamdi :ThmbUp:

Handiman
04-18-2016, 02:41 PM
I just went through the program that I forwarded to Pa and I can not get the same error.

Has anybody else suffered the same thing? I am fixing the bugs I posted about and should be done with that very soon. I'll get it to Pa as soon as possible.

Handiman
04-18-2016, 02:43 PM
acorn,

What are you getting?

raybo
04-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Handi,

I downloaded 9.0 and had the same problem with the 2 scaling options, both listed on the same line. Might it be an issue of not following the instructions perfectly in the pdf file?

passrace
04-18-2016, 02:45 PM
I got same problem as upthecreek.
ALF

upthecreek
04-18-2016, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Handiman]I have not had that happen. I will send out a updated version I have been working on to fix some bugs.

As soon as I can.

Handi:)[/QUOTE
Thanks Hamdi :ThmbUp:
When I open the text document scales in the program,they are side by side

acorn54
04-18-2016, 03:09 PM
sorry , i forgot to read the instructions first now its okay. for others who don't read directions first, duh, you have to specifically name the folder"temphandi "and put it in the "C:"drive-

upthecreek
04-18-2016, 03:11 PM
sorry , i forgot to read the instructions first now its okay. for others who don't read directions first, duh, you have to specifically name the folder"temphandi "and put it in the "C:"drive-
Thats where I have it

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 03:30 PM
H...

With the Analyst's

Theres a

CREATE
DELETE

I think that there should be a VIEW/CHANGE also

Handiman
04-18-2016, 04:26 PM
If you are having the problem with the scaling, then just open the scaling file with any text editor and separate the two. Woods on first line and Fib on the next line. Then save the file to where you opened it. That will fix the problem. It's a text file so you just place the cursor at the end of Woods and then hit enter. That will put fib on the second line and then save the file.

Handiman
04-18-2016, 04:41 PM
I just checked the files and I have to apologize, the file was corrupted on my end. If you make the chance to the scales file as I described last post, it should work fine. It's a really simple fix you can do on your end. Again open the scales file with notepad or any other text editor, place your cursor at end of woods and then hit the enter button. That will move fib to next line and then save the file.

Sorry guys,

raybo
04-18-2016, 05:17 PM
I just checked the files and I have to apologize, the file was corrupted on my end. If you make the chance to the scales file as I described last post, it should work fine. It's a really simple fix you can do on your end. Again open the scales file with notepad or any other text editor, place your cursor at end of woods and then hit the enter button. That will move fib to next line and then save the file.

Sorry guys,

That fixed it!

acorn54
04-18-2016, 05:18 PM
handi why does the program close when i pull down the menus
i get and error message that says please close with appropriate commands.

acorn54
04-18-2016, 05:20 PM
this is what i get in error file

Error log timestamp Monday 04/18/16 03:53:13 PM

Runtime error: copy beyond end of file

Error(Exception)>>defaultAction
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <anError>
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
Error class(Exception class)>>signal: <'copy beyond end of f...'>
BasicRunProgram(Object)>>error: <'copy beyond end of f...'>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>terminateRun: <anError>
[] in BasicProgram>>errorHandlerBlock
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateResponseBlock: <aBlockClosure> for: <anError>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>handle:
ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler>>handle: <anError>
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <anError>
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
Error class(Exception class)>>signal: <'copy beyond end of f...'>
FileStream(Object)>>error: <'copy beyond end of f...'>
FileStream>>copyFrom: <1> to: <5>
BasicRandomFile>>at: <1>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>getTrimRecord: <1> handle: <'#raceobjectcontrol'>
[] in GetTrimCommand>>using:
[] in BasicRunProgram>>begin
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:
ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anError class> with: <aBlockClosure> during: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>on: <anError class> do: <aBlockClosure>
BasicRunProgram>>begin
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>gotoAndIfStoppedBegin: <'[setup.top.Window]'>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>handlerName: <'[setup.top.Window]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram>>handlerName: <'[setup.top.Window]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>submitHandlerName: <'[setup.top.Window]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>submitHandlerName: <'[setup.top.Window]'> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicMenuWrapper>>perform: <'[setup.top.Window]'>
BasicMenuWrapper>>evaluateString: <'[setup.top.Window]'>

Handiman
04-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Did you unzip program to C:\temphandi ?

What drop down are you getting the error message?

acorn54
04-18-2016, 06:19 PM
yes in the c drive i extracted and double-clicked application to run program
i got a window message if i want to run an unauthorized program this is windows 8.1 on my computer and i get the error no matter what menu i use except for the downloading of my mcp files

JimG
04-18-2016, 06:28 PM
H...

With the Analyst's

Theres a

CREATE
DELETE

I think that there should be a VIEW/CHANGE also

Agree 100% The ability to edit an analyst, including its name would be welcome. Overall, great job Handi.

Jim

Handiman
04-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Windows people. Need some help here. I wasn't aware of windows 8.1 so not sure what to say.

Acorn. When you click on C:\temphandi what is in that folder?

Handiman
04-18-2016, 06:39 PM
I will add that to my list and see what I can do.

Thanks,

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Windows people. Need some help here. I wasn't aware of windows 8.1 so not sure what to say.

Acorn. When you click on C:\temphandi what is in that folder?

Let me tell you something...

IF you dont create that directory before you do anything..

YOU WILL HAVE A HARD TIME!!

acorn54
04-18-2016, 06:48 PM
handi all is there the unzipped application with the torch symbol and when i use build anyalst the proper screen pops up for a second but then closes and the aforementioned error message shows up
i will try to use a compatiblemode feature to use windows 7 and so forth other windows os

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 06:54 PM
yes in the c drive i extracted and double-clicked application to run program
i got a window message if i want to run an unauthorized program this is windows 8.1 on my computer and i get the error no matter what menu i use except for the downloading of my mcp files

Lets help you out...

If you created that temp file...

good...delete everything in there

restart computer

Do the extracting again into that folder

Go inside folder "temphandi" and right click the Handifast 9.0 exe file..

click send to then click desktop

Now click the icon on your desktop and see if programs loads up

I have Windows 10 and its fine

Handiman
04-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Acorn,

It will not work if you just have an self extracting file and then click the app after extracting.

You should have 17 files located in C:\temphandi

Let me know if you have that many. :)

acorn54
04-18-2016, 07:16 PM
okay guys much appreciatied i did not make, the c drive address as mike said. thanks mike.
:ThmbUp:

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 07:22 PM
okay guys much appreciatied i did not make, the c drive address as mike said. thanks mike.
:ThmbUp:

Good!!

Nutz and Boltz
04-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Hey, Handi,
What's with the notice about the 2 eskimos in the kayak? Do we get a joke of the day as a bonus ? :D

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Hey, Handi,
What's with the notice about the 2 eskimos in the kayak? Do we get a joke of the day as a bonus ? :D

Handi put an Easter Egg in the program for us to find...

How did you get it?

Nutz and Boltz
04-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Handi put an Easter Egg in the program for us to find...

How did you get it?
It just popped up while building a race analyst.

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 08:54 PM
It just popped up while building a race analyst.

I made 3...how many did you do?

Nutz and Boltz
04-18-2016, 09:02 PM
I made 3...how many did you do?

Just fartin' around so far. I tried 3 or 4, then deleted them .

Handiman
04-18-2016, 09:38 PM
I didn't think anyone would find it this fast. But I knew some Numb Nut :lol: would stumble upon it.

Message me with your mailing address, and I will send out a check this next week to you for $25 as you are the first person to post about the the thing I hid in the program.

By the way, how did you find it?

Congratulations,

mikesal57
04-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Just fartin' around so far. I tried 3 or 4, then deleted them .

I did more than 3 or 4..... :mad:

Dam, I guess I had to fart to get it....

Couldn't wait another day , cause it's Taco Bell Tuesday at my house..

Congrats

Mike

Handiman
04-19-2016, 02:09 AM
It didn't just pop up. There is a button that when clicked while building an Analyst produces it. You could have built a hundred Analysts and still not find it...if that helps...:)

Nutz and Boltz
04-19-2016, 06:30 AM
I didn't think anyone would find it this fast. But I knew some Numb Nut :lol: would stumble upon it.

Message me with your mailing address, and I will send out a check this next week to you for $25 as you are the first person to post about the the thing I hid in the program.

By the way, how did you find it?

Congratulations,

Nah. Give the $25 to the guy that figures it out.Thanks anyway.
From your hint, I guess that it has something to do with 100 or 101 ?

mikesal57
04-19-2016, 07:43 AM
Handi..

Can you explain how the Fibonacci scaling works in the program..

Thxs

Mike

JimG
04-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Something I noticed which I am not sure if others are experiencing. When I first setup the program, I started creating a few analysts. However, I noticed that if I left a factor blank (did not use) the program overlayed that factor from the earlier analyst (in this case what Handi included) For example, I did not use morning line in my analyst but when my newly created analyst handicapped the race, morning line displayed a value of 200 on the printout, which is what the 2 analysts handi included with the program show. This was not the only factor this happened, just an example.

What I did for a workaround was to delete the analysts and start again. This time, I checked every factor box but set it to a value of 0 if I did not want to use it. After creating multiple analysts this way, it appears to work and does display correctly.

Hope the above made sense. As info.

Jim

mikesal57
04-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Your correct Jim...

I just fill in each box...zero or my choice value...

acorn54
04-19-2016, 11:42 AM
thanks i was just about to question that . thanks for the workaround tip jim

raybo
04-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Handi..

Can you explain how the Fibonacci scaling works in the program..

Thxs

Mike

Mike, I believe both scaling options are explained, either in a previous post or in the pdf instructions file in the folder you extracted the program into.

Handiman
04-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Thanks. Your work around is much better than mine. I am working on fixing a couple of bugs. And seeing if I can add the requested view/change feature.

PS. Nuts and B passed on the easter egg hunt. So the next person to post just how they accessed what Nuts found get's the $25.

JimG
04-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks. Your work around is much better than mine. I am working on fixing a couple of bugs. And seeing if I can add the requested view/change feature.

PS. Nuts and B passed on the easter egg hunt. So the next person to post just how they accessed what Nuts found get's the $25.

I think I found 2 of them. The kayak one #. and the doctor one* when hitting the calculator # and/or * key after inputting a value.

mikesal57
04-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Mike, I believe both scaling options are explained, either in a previous post or in the pdf instructions file in the folder you extracted the program into.

You have two options at present. "Woods" which is how points are assigned to the top 4 horses in each factor. "Fibonacci" is the second option. It takes the factor number and top horse gets 100% of that number. The 2nd ranked horse gets 62% of the number. 3rd gets 38% and 4th gets 24%.
Yes , I know it was in the instructions....

But , I might be wrong here, isn't the Fibonacci method suppose to be an exact number assigned to the factor ...without any multiplication or any math at all applied to it...

Say you have 5 factors in order of importance...

FACTOR....... FIB #
SPEED..........100
CLASS...........62
LATE.............38
EARLY............24
FORM............15

?

Mike

Houndog
04-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Mike I think you are correct. Quote Dave Schwartz: I would start with a Fibonacci weighting, like:

I would put the factors in, with the factor I deem most important at the top, and progress downward from there.

Is the weighting "correct?" Of course not. But it is a good starting point for you do go out and handicap about 500 races, race-by-race. Dave Schwartz knows more about this than I do.

Handiman
04-19-2016, 06:08 PM
You got it Jim. Congratulations. Thiught you guys would get a kick out of it when you stumbled upon it.

Message me your mailing address so I can send you out a check this next week.

Handiman
04-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Here is how the Fib weighting works. You assign points to a factor. Say "Early Pace" gets 100 points. Then you select Fib as scaling.

So based on the horse's raw figures as listed in the display, the top raw figure horse gets 100% of the points assigned that factor. The next horse in line with the 2nd highest or 2nd ranked I should say, as Morning line ranks lowest number to highest, gets 62% of the points assigned to the factor. The 3rd ranked horse gets 38% and 4th gets 24%, It stops there.

Hope that clears that up.

mikesal57
04-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Here is how the Fib weighting works. You assign points to a factor. Say "Early Pace" gets 100 points. Then you select Fib as scaling.

So based on the horse's raw figures as listed in the display, the top raw figure horse gets 100% of the points assigned that factor. The next horse in line with the 2nd highest or 2nd ranked I should say, as Morning line ranks lowest number to highest, gets 62% of the points assigned to the factor. The 3rd ranked horse gets 38% and 4th gets 24%, It stops there.

Hope that clears that up.

OK Handi....

Lets go by what your saying...

Look at the attached picture.....

Lets say for example we assign CL a value of 100
And EP is at 62

This is what happens under the hood?

Horse 3 gets 5400 (54x100)......correct?
Horse 2 gets 3224 (52x62).......correct?
TOO much difference for only 2 pts

What I'm saying it's wrong doing it that way....it should be 100 x each horses rating in that column

Same for EP
It should be x62 down the line for each horse..

Am I wrong?
Am I missing something here?

Mike

Longshot6977
04-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Quick question Handy or anybody. My available factors are only partially showing like half of each word is cut off, even if the screen is maximized. Any ideas?

Handiman
04-19-2016, 09:59 PM
The raw displayed factor numbers are only used to get rank. That's it. In your example, the horse with top class gets Factor points 100. 100% of the 100 points. Then the 2nd ranked horse for class gets 100 X 0.62 = 62 points for class. The 3rd ranked horse gets 100 X 0.38 = 38 points for class. The 4th ranked horse gets 100 X 0.24 = 24 points.

And that happens with every factor that is assigned point values in your setups. Then the horse's factor points they receive are added together to get their total points. Which then turns into a fair odds line.

Handiman
04-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Long,

I think it has to do with your screen resolution setting of your computer. That would be my guess.

Handy:)

mikesal57
04-19-2016, 10:47 PM
The raw displayed factor numbers are only used to get rank. That's it. In your example, the horse with top class gets Factor points 100. 100% of the 100 points. Then the 2nd ranked horse for class gets 100 X 0.62 = 62 points for class. The 3rd ranked horse gets 100 X 0.38 = 38 points for class. The 4th ranked horse gets 100 X 0.24 = 24 points.

And that happens with every factor that is assigned point values in your setups. Then the horse's factor points they receive are added together to get their total points. Which then turns into a fair odds line.

OK...now I understand

Being 38 points off the top for only 2 raw points seems a little too much
but it is what it is , unless someone comes out with something better

thxs

Handiman
04-19-2016, 10:54 PM
I can put in more Scales. They just need to make some sense. Otherwise it just become alphabet soup.

mikesal57
04-19-2016, 11:07 PM
I can put in more Scales. They just need to make some sense. Otherwise it just become alphabet soup.

Handi..just take care of what is important now and maybe later throw out some ideas you have or get from the other guys..

thxs

acorn54
04-20-2016, 04:53 AM
Quick question Handy or anybody. My available factors are only partially showing like half of each word is cut off, even if the screen is maximized. Any ideas?

put your cursor on the screen click "maximize"-this should take care of the problem, it does for me, as i choose not to change my screen resolution.

Longshot6977
04-20-2016, 07:49 AM
put your cursor on the screen click "maximize"-this should take care of the problem, it does for me, as i choose not to change my screen resolution.

When you say click 'maximize', I assume you mean the square button in upper right corner of the window? I did that and it went full screen, but still cut off. Or is it something else you're referring to?

mikesal57
04-20-2016, 08:01 AM
When you say click 'maximize', I assume you mean the square button in upper right corner of the window? I did that and it went full screen, but still cut off. Or is it something else you're referring to?

What is your screen resolution?

Right Click on your desktop and choose "Resolution"

a good setting is 1920 x 1080

acorn54
04-20-2016, 11:28 AM
mike may have the answer. sorry i have the problem of the "form adjusted speed total", screen being cut off, and i place the cursor over THAT screen and RIGHT click the mouse and "maximize" setting pops up, that was what i was referring to

Red Knave
04-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Any compatibility settings linked to the shortcut or is display setting greater than 100%?
My monitor is full HD but text is too small for me so I have it set at 125%.

Longshot6977
04-20-2016, 05:40 PM
What is your screen resolution?

Right Click on your desktop and choose "Resolution"

a good setting is 1920 x 1080

Mike and Red K. My screen resolution is 1280x1024. That is the highest native resolution of my 19" old-ish Planar monitor. I'll have to live with it if necessary. Thanks.

Longshot6977
04-20-2016, 10:05 PM
When I click on Import Race File after building and saving an Analyst, I get these errors. Any ideas?

mikesal57
04-20-2016, 10:13 PM
When I click on Import Race File after building and saving an Analyst, I get these errors. Any ideas?

Did handifas t work before?

Handiman
04-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Long,

Did you create C:\temphandi and unzip all the files to that folder?