PDA

View Full Version : DOWNLOAD HERE - Newest Version of HandiFast

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Newest version files as of 6/12/17 attached (ver 9.5.1)

FULL ZIP also attached

AAcoolguy
02-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Anyone else having trouble? I can't load a race after making up the settings.

mmdorn
02-17-2012, 05:31 AM
I am also having trouble. After I set point values and then select a track an error message appears to add the appropiate close commands.

mmdorn
02-17-2012, 05:58 AM
I figured out why the program was giving an error message when trying to lad a track. The isfile32.dll file is missing.

Mike

headhawg
02-17-2012, 09:21 AM
I included that file as part of the HHX version of Handifast. If you have HHX I'm guessing that you could simply copy isfile32.dll into the new Handifast directory and all will be fine.

mmdorn
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I included that file as part of the HHX version of Handifast. If you have HHX I'm guessing that you could simply copy isfile32.dll into the new Handifast directory and all will be fine.

Hi HH,

You are right, that is exactly what I did. I should have mentioned that in my last post, thanks for reminding all of us.

Mike

Handiman
02-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Sorry guys. Just realized I forgot to include that file. Thanks Head for clearing that up.

Handi:)

headhawg
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
You know, Handi, that you're going to force me to write more code again with all the stuff that you are doing. :)

Handiman
02-17-2012, 04:41 PM
I hope so Head. :) You have been so instrumental in making Handifast what it is today. But we are far from done.

I emailed PA the missing file. Hopefully he will put it up to download also for anyone who doesn't have earlier versions.

Going out of town for a day so be back tomorrow if anything pops up, I won't be available to answer till tomorrow night.

AAcoolguy
02-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Anyone else having trouble? I can't load a race after making up the settings.

Adding the forgotten file did the trick. Thanks.

dartman51
02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I must be going blind in my old age, as I don't see the link where you guys are downloading from. :confused:

headhawg
02-17-2012, 11:41 PM
dart,

PA took it down temporarily to add the missing file to the zip package. I'm sure he will put it back into the first post when it's ready.

HH

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2012, 12:52 AM
New zip file is back up, including the missing dll

stats
02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
I can load the track - but when I select race the scratch screen comes up but after I close the scratch screen - nothing. How do I get the ratings to come up?

headhawg
02-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Click the T-x button for the tracks/races that you have loaded.

stats
02-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks - got it to work.

douglasw32
02-18-2012, 04:32 PM
This is so Cool !

douglasw32
02-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Sorry I was not more detailed...Your program runs in Wine on Linux out of the box !

One question, should FM- all show zeros ?

Handiman
02-18-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think so but I have been using .jcp files and so not sure what the difference might be with other files.

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Newest version as of 2/19/12

See first post in this thread to download newest version.

douglasw32
02-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Yep the bris files have a display problem for Form and PC columns, they show all zero yet seem to count in the totals.

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Newest version as of 2/27/12

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Newest version as of 2/27/12 8:40pm

See first post in this thread to download zip file.

dkithore
02-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Newest version as of 2/19/12

Thank you handy and others who made this project possible.

DK

mikeb
02-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Is there a readme.doc available?
Can't get data to open.
Thanks
M.B.

Handiman
02-28-2012, 01:42 PM
After scratches done, click on the radio button T-1 if you are using the first track. If doing more than one track you toggle between track displays by clicking the T-1 or T-2 or T-3 etc.

netbet
03-22-2012, 03:52 PM
I have tried to install/run the latest version but I get the attached error. I am running Windows 7.

http://thoroughbredrd.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/handifasterror.jpg

headhawg
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure but I will guess that you have to run the install program as an administrator (Run as administrator), or that the folder that you are trying to install in is protected by Windows and thus preventing the installation from occurring. You could try to install to a different location.

SoCaGambler
07-09-2012, 01:16 AM
The older version gave the option to run a csv printout after running all the races on the card. Is is possible to run in this update?

Thanks in advance, Chuck

headhawg
07-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Chuck,

Sorry that I missed your post. What older version were you referring to? I know that there might be a little confusion for users as Handi is developing one version of Handifast and I am working on (when I can) the HHX version which is primarily the same but with some different features. Handi has produced way more versions than I have so if it's one of his you might consider sending him a PM. He would be more familiar with his own stuff, but I could try to answer once I know which older version has the csv stuff.

HH

SoCaGambler
07-20-2012, 02:45 PM
No need to be sorry. I am happy to wait my turn. The program I was referring to is your program (HHX 2.1.) I just realized that itís your program and not Handiís. They look similar to an old fart like me.
I donít know anything about programming and just amazed at what you and Handi have been able to accomplish and to share your hard work I am grateful. It has given me hours of fun.

Thank you so much

headhawg
07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
2.1 is the latest version of HHX. And as I mentioned, Handi's version went in a different direction because he wanted to add new features pretty quickly and we didn't have time to team up. (I would just slow him down, frankly.) Truthfully I can't remember if any of his versions had the csv option. Rest assured that HHXv3 will have it and some other improvements. My goal is to get the initial version out, wait for some feedback, and then build it up from there. I really thought that I would have had the initial release done by now, but I ran into some coding difficulty and had to take a break. Knowing that people are still using HHX does motivate me to get the new one done, though. I guess that means that coding is on the agenda for this weekend. :)

Fingal
07-21-2012, 03:56 PM
The older version gave the option to run a csv printout after running all the races on the card. Is is possible to run in this update?

Thanks in advance, Chuck

headhawg

Chuck,

Sorry that I missed your post. What older version were you referring to? I know that there might be a little confusion for users as Handi is developing one version of Handifast and I am working on (when I can) the HHX version which is primarily the same but with some different features. Handi has produced way more versions than I have so if it's one of his you might consider sending him a PM. He would be more familiar with his own stuff, but I could try to answer once I know which older version has the csv stuff.

HH
I believe HandifastHHXv21.exe gave that option when exiting.

redeye007
07-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi guys. I'm using version MT-6. Is there much of a difference between it and the latest version? I'm seeing excellent results at Delmar using a factor hit list by distance and handicapping each race using individual weight based on the hit list by distance :)

headhawg
07-29-2012, 08:45 AM
red,

I don't know for sure but I would guess that the calculations are the same for both versions and should result in the same horse rankings. Handi posted some release notes for MT-8 in this thread: Handifast Release Notes (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91675)

redeye007
07-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback HH. Handifast made easy work of the 10th at Del Mar yesterday. cold trifecta :ThmbUp:

PMDIC
08-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Where can i download handifast? Thanks, Phil

pilot12321
08-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Located in post#1 paceadvantage posted it.
Wayne

PMDIC
08-23-2012, 05:24 PM
I cannot open or save the files. I get a message that my browser is blocking it. How can i fix that? Thanks for the reply,Phil

headhawg
08-24-2012, 12:14 AM
You really shouldn't have any trouble downloading it. If you are using Internet Explorer a bar appears that has a message that tells you that IE has blocked the download. Just click on the bar and select the Download File option. If you're still not able to download there must be some other program (like a firewall or antivirus) that's preventing the download.

I just tried and can download with either IE or Firefox.

PMDIC
12-25-2012, 12:42 PM
keep getting error message:cannot locate vvm31w.dll

headhawg
12-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Phil,

I just downloaded the zip file from post #1 and extracted it. The file is definitely in there as Handifast MT-8 worked for me just now. Try to download it again, extract it to one folder with an unzip program (I use 7-zip), and double-click the Handifast MT-8.exe file to run.

hitbids
03-29-2013, 09:56 AM
What files does Handifast use in the handicapping process?

headhawg
03-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Bris drf and mcp. It could possibly work with the JCapper jcp files, but I don't know that it will for sure. I am not exactly sure of the jcp field format.

Speed Figure
03-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Bris drf and mcp. It could possibly work with the JCapper jcp files, but I don't know that it will for sure. I am not exactly sure of the jcp field format.
I you change the jcp to drf it will work.

raybo
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
I you change the jcp to drf it will work.

Yeah, Jeff mapped his JCP files to the same field structure as the 2 Bris single files. He did that, to my understanding, so some of his JCapper subscribers could use the AllData workbooks, and other Bris compatible programs, for their own additional data manipulations.

They work fine in all the AllData workbooks, don't even have to change the file extension. But in this program, if it's not programmed to accept other file extensions, you would have to change the JCP extension to either .drf or .mcp.

A word of caution: Don't mix Bris files with JCapper files, some of the data calculations are different, so in a database environment, for example, you would not get the needed accuracy in mixed file types. Use one or the other.

headhawg
04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
They work fine in all the AllData workbooks, don't even have to change the file extension. But in this program, if it's not programmed to accept other file extensions, you would have to change the JCP extension to either .drf or .mcp.I will fix that in HHXv3, if I ever get around to finishing the code. Life keeps getting in the way. That and coding roadblocks.

raybo
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I will fix that in HHXv3, if I ever get around to finishing the code. Life keeps getting in the way. That and coding roadblocks.

Believe me, I know what you mean! Product support takes time and effort, but life doesn't care about such stuff.

wononce
08-20-2013, 09:33 AM
can you print out the files from hfast? if so how? any help would be
be fine. thanks
wononce

headhawg
08-21-2013, 07:45 PM
wononce,

Are you talking about printing the screen that shows the ratings for each horse by race number or do you mean something else?

wononce
08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
printing the screen of each race card in full. can it be done??
thanks wononce

mmdorn
08-26-2013, 10:15 AM
printing the screen of each race card in full. can it be done??
thanks wononce

Hi Wononce,

What version of Hanifast are you using. I have the source code for Headhawg's last version, and have added some printing to it. I am only printing fields that I want, and I will attach a pdf copy of today's Sartoga, so you can see what I have done.

Mike

headhawg
08-26-2013, 11:55 AM
As Mike said, the HHX code (my version of Handifast) doesn't have a print option. I never got around to adding it. The workaround would be to create the .csv file that outputs the Handifast ratings and then print through Excel. Or use Mike's version if he cares to share it.

I am not sure if Handiman's version of Handifast included printing. I think no, but I am not sure. BTW, I wonder how the hell Handi is doing. Handi, if you're out there...

SoCaGambler
08-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Mike,
That is a great addition to a wonderful program. Would you be so kind as to explain how you made this addition? I don't know a thing about programming but would like to add this feature to my copy of HHX v2.1 if it is not too complicated to do. Thanks in advance.
Chuck

wononce
08-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Mike. we are using golden horse one. where you can open multi
tracks at once. if this is the you use, is it possiable to print out
a version like you have showen??? thanks for the ansser.

ron.

mmdorn
08-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Ron,

Any version of Handifast has to be modified by the programmer, and a new or modified version re-released for all to use. The Golden Horse version was programmed by Handiman, and he would have to add the printing function. If he reads these posts, maybe he will chime in about it. If not you would have to contact him. Let's hope he chimes in.

Chuck,

Headhawg is the programmer for the version you are using, HHX v2.1. At the moment, he is very busy, and can not even work on his new release HHX v3.0. He has given me permission, to modify HHX v2.1, to add the printing function, and fix some small problems in the program. Because of my obligations, this will not be a quick fix. I will try and modify it as quickly as possible. Once completed, the program will be re-released for all to use.

Mike

wononce
08-27-2013, 08:38 PM
MMDORN thanks for the reply. wononce

barshoe
08-27-2013, 10:41 PM
MMDORN thanks

headhawg
08-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Unfortunately Mike is right. I have been very busy and my to-do list is outrageously long. I really did start work on a near total rewrite of HHX but got stuck on the coding the layout of the scratch screen and then life got in the way. Until recently, I wasn't even interested in the horses anymore (except for the team contest) even though I still frequented Pace Advantage.

I am glad that Mike has volunteered to write the print code. He is better at doing that than I am, and if I attempted to add it who knows when it would be finished. Mike could probably add the .jcp extension to the file dialog so that the extension wouldn't have to be changed for Jcapper files. I haven't tested the program with jcp files but from some previous posts it appears that it would work.

I am glad that people are still finding the program useful. I was happy to be a part of the project. When I worked on it back then (three years ago?) I had way more time than I do now. Who knows? I might get the bug to code again.

SoCaGambler
08-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the quick reply gentlemen. Thanks to you both for all your hard work.

Handiman
08-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Hi Guys.

My health hasn't been all that great over the last couple of years. Really haven't been doing much with the horses. Started back a bit a few weeks ago. But then two weeks ago my wife was taken to the hospital with a very serious case of Pneumonia. She nearly died and spent a week in a coma.

She has surgery tomorrow on her right lung and they have to cut two sections of her lung out. They will send tissue off for a biopsy checking for cancer now. Doctor will induce a coma and it will last for 2 days up to two weeks. she is not getting better like she should.

Don't know when I might get back to the horses now.

Handi

raybo
08-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi Guys.

My health hasn't been all that great over the last couple of years. Really haven't been doing much with the horses. Started back a bit a few weeks ago. But then two weeks ago my wife was taken to the hospital with a very serious case of Pneumonia. She nearly died and spent a week in a coma.

She has surgery tomorrow on her right lung and they have to cut two sections of her lung out. They will send tissue off for a biopsy checking for cancer now. Doctor will induce a coma and it will last for 2 days up to two weeks. she is not getting better like she should.

Don't know when I might get back to the horses now.

Handi

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife Handi. We will certainly keep her, and you, in our prayers!

SoCaGambler
08-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Handi, sorry to hear about your wife. I will pray for her recovery. God bless

headhawg
08-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Very sorry to hear that Handi. You take good care, and I'll have you and your wife in my prayers.

mmdorn
08-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Handi, all my prayers for you and your wife.

Mike

barshoe
08-30-2013, 10:18 AM
sorry to hear Handi, all my prayers for you and your wife.

Vinnie
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Handi:

I am very sorry to hear about your wife. I will keep her and you in my prayers. Nothing but excellent Karma for you and your wife Handi. :)

Handiman
08-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys. Surgery went well and waiting to get report from Dr.

Handi

Fingal
08-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Best wishes to both of you.

headhawg
09-01-2013, 11:37 AM
But in this program, if it's not programmed to accept other file extensions, you would have to change the JCP extension to either .drf or .mcp.BTW, HHX 2.1 will let you use jcp files. I just tried it with a couple of files and it didn't crash. :) The Golden Horse multitrack version mentioned in earlier posts is Handi's and he quite possibly filtered for .drf and maybe even .mcp files so you would need to change the extension.

With the recent requests for printing coupled with my 16 race losing streak I am back to looking at the code for HHX v3. To help get it done, I am going to simplify the manual scratch screen just to make it workable. Most people with an Internet connection will likely use the Autoscratch feature anyway. (I hope so. That was a PITA for me to write. :D ) Late scratches and subsequent recalculations would need to have a manual option otherwise I would have just left it out.

I hope the report from the Doc goes well, Handi.

rosenowsr
09-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I have been Using JCP Files for HHX2.1 for a long time works fine on my Win 7, 64 bit machine.

PMDIC
09-14-2013, 06:53 PM
where can i get the isfile32.dll ? Thanks, Phil

headhawg
09-14-2013, 08:24 PM
It should be part of the HHX zip file. If for some reason you don't have that zip file, PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

mmdorn has added the print feature but we are in the process of debugging. HHX v2.2 should be released within a few days I hope.

PMDIC
09-14-2013, 08:56 PM
pmdic@aol.com
Thanks

Handiman
09-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Wife is out of hospital and is on the mend. She will be in rehab for a month before able to go home.

Speed Figure
09-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Wife is out of hospital and is on the mend. She will be in rehab for a month before able to go home.

Great News!! :)

Vinnie
09-17-2013, 07:24 PM
FANTATISTIC News Handi!! :)

Nothing but very good things!!! :) :) :)

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2013, 12:26 AM

Handi:)Very good news indeed Handi...here's hoping for a full recovery for your wife!

raybo
09-18-2013, 12:42 AM
That's good to hear, man! Hoping things only get better!!

SoCaGambler
09-18-2013, 03:54 AM
That's Wonderful news Handi. Thanks for the update

mmdorn
09-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Great news Handi. All the best for you and your wife.

Mike

headhawg
10-12-2013, 10:45 AM
mmdorn has added a printing feature to HHX, bringing HHX up to v2.2. He also added a great set of instructions so everything that you need to know about using this version. Just download the attachment, extract the zip file into its own folder, and run the exe from there.

Just a note -- please do not confuse this with Handiman's Golden Horse multitrack version as HHX in it's current state only works with one track at a time. V3, should I ever finish it, let's you load up to 12 tracks.

JimG
10-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks mmdorn and headhawg. I'll be sure to take a look.

Jim

JimG
10-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Downloaded and appeared to work fine. Just used the defaults for now. The print all feature is nice if you use Scratch Manager to scratch the horses in advance and create a new file. As info, the program worked fine when doing that. Nice work guys and much appreciated!

Jim

SoCaGambler
10-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Thank you mmdorn and headhawg for the update to a wonderful program.
I have one question. After selecting a scratched horse and closing the window for the form adjusted speed totals results screen is not wide enough to show past the morning line, how can i reduce the size to see the complete window?

Thanks again for your hard work.
Chuck

headhawg
10-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Chuck,

What is the screen resolution of your monitor?

mmdorn
10-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Thank you mmdorn and headhawg for the update to a wonderful program.
I have one question. After selecting a scratched horse and closing the window for the form adjusted speed totals results screen is not wide enough to show past the morning line, how can i reduce the size to see the complete window?

Thanks again for your hard work.
Chuck

Chuck

I don't know why you are not seeing the info past the morning line. I just tested the program again, and all columns are showing, with or without scratches. There are three columns past morning line, Fair Odds, Total Points, and a column to that shows if a horse is a firster.

Mike

P.S. Good point HH, screen resolution

JimG
10-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Mike,

You did great on the printing part. Works like a charm and is a nice, neat report. Big thumbs up!

HH, I know it is a long shot, but is there any realistic chance you could add the other columns (s3,s2,s1,cc,ps,pwr)that could be weighted? I know it is in version 8 Golden Horse, but Mike's printing capabilities make me want to use this version. Thanks for considering.

Jim

headhawg
10-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I will look into doing that, Jim. No promises, but it shouldn't be too hard to implement. It's been a long time since I've looked at the code but I will give it a whirl. Mike probably knows the code better than I do now. :)

JimG
10-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I will look into doing that, Jim. No promises, but it shouldn't be too hard to implement. It's been a long time since I've looked at the code but I will give it a whirl. Mike probably knows the code better than I do now. :)

I am very appreciative. Thanks for checking into it.

Jim

SoCaGambler
10-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys, it was the screen resolution. Works great!!!!
Thanks again, Chuck

headhawg
10-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I am very appreciative. Thanks for checking into it.Mike says he wants to give it a go so this will probably get done in the near future. I will help him if he needs it but he's getting good at this coding stuff. :)

JimG
10-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Mike says he wants to give it a go so this will probably get done in the near future. I will help him if he needs it but he's getting good at this coding stuff. :)

Thanks again. I don't know how to code, but if I can help any other way, just ask.

Jim

pilot12321
10-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Thank you Mike and headhawg.

Wayne

upthecreek
10-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys, it was the screen resolution. Works great!!!!
Thanks again, Chuck

What resolution settings are you using? Thanks

SoCaGambler
10-14-2013, 03:22 PM
I had to change it to 1152 X 864 from 1024 x 768 then just changed back when finished with running the program.

Chuck

Vinnie
10-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Thank you Mike and headhawg.

Wayne

Headhawg and Mike:

Thanks for all of your hard work!! Awesome program that you guys have made.

headhawg
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words. Let's not forget that Handiman did the bulk of the original coding and the numbers are based on Doug's formulas so most of the kudos should go to them.

I am very happy to hear that people are still using the program. It makes all of the code writing worth it. I have been getting back to working on HHXv3 because of Mike and the Handifast users. It's still a long way from completion, but I've been motivated to try to finish it. Let's see how long that lasts. :)

Best of luck to all.

barshoe
10-15-2013, 11:43 AM
doug-handiman-headhawg and mike thanks great work....

headhawg
10-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Mike,

You did great on the printing part. Works like a charm and is a nice, neat report. Big thumbs up!

HH, I know it is a long shot, but is there any realistic chance you could add the other columns (s3,s2,s1,cc,ps,pwr)that could be weighted? I know it is in version 8 Golden Horse, but Mike's printing capabilities make me want to use this version. Thanks for considering.Mike has come through again. He has added the weighting capability for those six other fields. Nice job Mike!

As before, just unzip v2.3 into its own folder and run the exe from there.

JimG
10-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Mike has come through again. He has added the weighting capability for those six other fields. Nice job Mike!

As before, just unzip v2.3 into its own folder and run the exe from there.

Thanks to Mike and HH! Hopefully everyone will enjoy tinkering with the new additions. Glad you added Mike to the "payroll". :jump:

Jim

Vinnie
10-18-2013, 09:28 PM
What else can be said but, "YOU GUYS TOTALLY ROCK"!!! :)

upthecreek
10-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I have a question-- How are the tf, dt, my,AW #'s generated? They dont seem to correspond with the #'s in the Bris PP's? Thanks!

headhawg
10-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I had to change it to 1152 X 864 from 1024 x 768 then just changed back when finished with running the program.Just out of curiousity, is anyone using a resolution less than 1024 x 768? I am working on HHXv3 (Yes. I am. Really. :D) and I am trying my best to make the screen output work on multiple resolutions. Anything less than 1024 x 768 would be problematic. Even at that rez things are a challenge.

niteowl
10-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Just out of curiousity, is anyone using a resolution less than 1024 x 768? I am working on HHXv3 (Yes. I am. Really. :D) and I am trying my best to make the screen output work on multiple resolutions. Anything less than 1024 x 768 would be problematic. Even at that rez things are a challenge.

My old laptop only goes up to 1024 x 768 and i still can't see past the ML column.. :bang:

mmdorn
10-20-2013, 10:13 AM
I have a question-- How are the tf, dt, my,AW #'s generated? They dont seem to correspond with the #'s in the Bris PP's? Thanks!

DS, TF, MY, and DT are calculated by adding the horses best number + pedigree number, then divided by 2. If the horse does not have a best number, then only the pedigree number is used. AW does not have a pedigree number, so only the best number is used, if the horse has one.

Mike

upthecreek
10-20-2013, 05:23 PM
DS, TF, MY, and DT are calculated by adding the horses best number + pedigree number, then divided by 2. If the horse does not have a best number, then only the pedigree number is used. AW does not have a pedigree number, so only the best number is used, if the horse has one.

Mike

Thanks!

headhawg
10-22-2013, 09:21 AM
My old laptop only goes up to 1024 x 768 and i still can't see past the ML column.. :bang:I think that problem will be fixed in HHXv3. One of the changes that I've made is the use of scrollable windows. That's why v3 should work no matter what the resolution although my screen is 1920 x 1080 and haven't tested a rez higher than that.

stuball
10-22-2013, 03:47 PM
First of all my best wishes to Handi and his wife...(a prayer for you both)
I often think about you and wonder how you were doing..I am going to load
up your program and take it for a test drive thru horse racing land...
I have the jcp files and need to know how to stick them into the program.
I see there is a data folder on the pdf instructions...can I manually stick the
files into that folder and run it.. am I limited by how many files or how many tracks at 1 time....off day today want to try this...

Stuball :confused:

niteowl
10-22-2013, 07:45 PM
I think that problem will be fixed in HHXv3. One of the changes that I've made is the use of scrollable windows. That's why v3 should work no matter what the resolution although my screen is 1920 x 1080 and haven't tested a rez higher than that.

That would be great, thanks.

headhawg
10-22-2013, 08:07 PM
stuball,

Any folder should be fine. The key is that the files cannot be compressed -- not zipped. They can be jcp, mcp, or drf and they should work fine. You should be able to navigate to the folder that the files are in and load it. HHXv2.x only allows one track at a time. If you want multiple tracks, Handiman's version can still be downloaded from the first post, I think. There are some differences in his version and this one. HHXv3 will allow 12 tracks to be loaded, but that version is still a ways away from completion.

HH

douglasw32
10-29-2013, 04:32 PM
BREEDERS CUP file, 11/02, race 1-2- and 3 produce the error below.

I would poke around and find what it is bugging out on but the source code isn't in the zip download.

anyone out there have it, that they could fix this and upload it before this Saturday :(

if not any idea what would do it and I will just edit the drf single file.

Doug

Error log timestamp Tuesday 10/29/13 04:21:00 PM

Runtime error: -1 is out of range for holder(

Error(Exception)>>defaultAction
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
Error class(Exception class)>>signal: <'-1 is out of range f...'>
BasicRunProgram(Object)>>error: <'-1 is out of range f...'>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>terminateRun: <anError>
[] in BasicProgram>>errorHandlerBlock
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateResponseBlock: <aBlockClosure> for: <anError>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>handle:
ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler>>handle: <anError>
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <anError>
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
BasicNumericArray(BasicArray)>>checkRange: <0>
BasicNumericArray>>sort: <4> from: <0> to: <1>
[] in SortCommand>>using:
[] in BasicRunProgram>>begin
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:
ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anError class> with: <aBlockClosure> during: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>on: <anError class> do: <aBlockClosure>
BasicRunProgram>>begin
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>gotoAndIfStoppedBegin: <'[closescratch]'>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>handlerName: <'[closescratch]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram>>handlerName: <'[closescratch]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>submitHandlerName: <'[closescratch]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>submitHandlerName: <'[closescratch]'> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
LibButton>>click
BasicGraphicDevice>>click: <aLibButton>
LibButton(Button)>>click: <aLibButton>
Message>>perform
Message>>evaluate
LibButton(Object)>>triggerEvent: <#clicked>
LibButton(Button)>>triggerClickedEvent
LibButton(Button)>>notifyClicked: <1246430>
LibButton(ControlPane)>>asyncControlEvent: <0> with: <1246430>
Message>>perform
NotificationManager>>empty
NotificationManager>>runPendingEvents
NotificationManager>>runEventLoop
Message>>perform

mmdorn
10-29-2013, 05:08 PM
BREEDERS CUP file, 11/02, race 1-2- and 3 produce the error below.

I would poke around and find what it is bugging out on but the source code isn't in the zip download.

anyone out there have it, that they could fix this and upload it before this Saturday :(

if not any idea what would do it and I will just edit the drf single file.

Doug

Error log timestamp Tuesday 10/29/13 04:21:00 PM

Runtime error: -1 is out of range for holder(

Error(Exception)>>defaultAction
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>terminateRun: <anError>
[] in BasicProgram>>errorHandlerBlock
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateResponseBlock: <aBlockClosure> for: <anError>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>handle:
ExceptionHandler>>handle: <anError>
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <anError>
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
BasicNumericArray(BasicArray)>>checkRange: <0>
BasicNumericArray>>sort: <4> from: <0> to: <1>
[] in SortCommand>>using:
[] in BasicRunProgram>>begin
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:
ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anError class> with: <aBlockClosure> during: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>on: <anError class> do: <aBlockClosure>
BasicRunProgram>>begin
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>gotoAndIfStoppedBegin: <'[closescratch]'>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>handlerName: <'[closescratch]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram>>handlerName: <'[closescratch]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>submitHandlerName: <'[closescratch]'> evaluate: <aBlockClosure> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>submitHandlerName: <'[closescratch]'> callParameters: <anOrderedCollection>
LibButton>>click
BasicGraphicDevice>>click: <aLibButton>
LibButton(Button)>>click: <aLibButton>
Message>>perform
Message>>evaluate
LibButton(Object)>>triggerEvent: <#clicked>
LibButton(Button)>>triggerClickedEvent
LibButton(Button)>>notifyClicked: <1246430>
LibButton(ControlPane)>>asyncControlEvent: <0> with: <1246430>
Message>>perform
NotificationManager>>empty
NotificationManager>>runPendingEvents
NotificationManager>>runEventLoop
Message>>perform

Doug,

Are you getting this error with Handifast HHX Ver 2.3? I download SA 11-1 and 11-2, and I am not receiving any error with the software.

Mike

raybo
10-29-2013, 05:14 PM
If the "-1" is a value in a data holder referring to the raw data file, then it appears that "-1" is bad raw data, etc., just from my experience with VBA and Bris data files. If "-1" is not a data value within a data holder referring to the raw data file, then what is it?

Speed Figure
10-29-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm getting an error in the last race with the horse Planteur. The program number is listed at 0 and it's causing the file not to load in the custom pp generator.

JimG
10-29-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm getting an error in the last race with the horse Planteur. The program number is listed at 0 and it's causing the file not to load in the custom pp generator.

I believe bris has fixed and you can re-download.

Jim

BTW Speed, like the looks of your program. Best of luck this weekend.

Speed Figure
10-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Thanks Jim! still trying to get everything together. A few more updates and I should be done. Have a great betting weekend too!

douglasw32
10-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Handifast HHX Ver 2.3.exe

Just re-downloaded, happens with both days.

Both on win8 and xp

?

douglasw32
10-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Never mind I figured myself out...false alarm !

Thanks speedfigure and everyone else, I opened it in the PP generator and found it starts at race 4 in the one file and race 6 in the other.

DUH, that is all the breeders cup files.

Of course downloading the actual SA card and not just the BC files has all the races.

wow-sorry

headhawg
10-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Glad you figured out the problem. The error message appeared like it referred to a bad index (-1) for the holder array, either because of bad raw data or some computation that forced the index to be negative. I'm glad I don't have to sort through the code. I've got my own issues with the Autoscratch feature in HHXv3. I thought that I had that code fixed but I do not. If I don't fix it tomorrow I am going to shelve it and move on to another project. I'm tired of debugging. Now I remember why I stopped coding. Good luck playing the BC.

cloud9
01-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Hi headawg .
Ive been using your programs over the years . Better than most paid programs Ive tried. Just wondering when you are going to release HHXv3 .
Have a great day .

headhawg
01-18-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry to say that it's still going to be a while before v3 gets released, cloud9. It's been difficult to find the time to write the code. It's probably 35 - 40% complete as of now so there is still a fairly long way to go. To be honest, my goal now is to have a release for the summer racing season, so think May or June. Believe me when I say that I would like to have it finished earlier than that. But given the limited amount of time that I have spent on it over the last two to three months, May or June seems like a realistic completion date. Thanks for your interest and I hope that it will be worth the wait.

cloud9
01-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks . I will be looking forward to the new Handi .

Mystic
02-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Downloaded it last night and won some $$ today on Derby Wars. Thank you!
:jump:

Mystic
02-27-2014, 06:31 AM
and more... :jump:

headhawg
02-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Nice! Congratulations to you. I hope that your good fortune continues.

ghoshranen
03-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Downloaded few day's ago & working fine. Only problem is printing
the ratings. Must be some way to print it. Any help ?

headhawg
03-13-2014, 09:00 PM
If you're using HHXv2.3 there should be a pdf file in the download that has a very good explanation of how to use the program. The printing information starts on page 9.

ghoshranen
03-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Sorry to say I couldn't find the pdf file. Also regarding version I'm using is
Handifast M-T8.

headhawg
03-14-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry to say that there's no pdf instruction file for that version. I might be wrong, but I don't think that you can print from MT-8 either. Based on the number of posts you have it looks like you're new to the board. In sum, there are two Handifast program paths -- the multitrack version -- which you have -- and the HHX version. Both programs are basically the same but they have somewhat different features. HHXv3 will be an attempt to combine the two, but that version is still a few months away from completion. If you need printouts, then use HHXv2.3. You will lose the multiple track capability but you will be able to print.

Best of luck.

TBred17Roan
03-15-2014, 09:01 AM
I am running Handifast v2.1. Is v2.3 any different and where can I find it? Thanks as always.

headhawg
03-15-2014, 10:00 AM
TBred,

IIRC, v2.3 will allow you to print and also added the ability to change the weights for some of the other columns (like C-C, P-S, PWR) that couldn't be altered before. You can find the v2.3 zip file in post #100 of this thread. You can unzip and run the program from its own folder (recommended), so you can keep both versions if you want.

Best of luck.

Hammerhead
06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Where can I download the version needed to start? I tried the latest update but only get a blue screen. :bang:

Thanks for any help

headhawg
06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Did you download version 2.3 found in post #100? I haven't heard about any blue screens using v2.3, but I haven't tested it on a Windows 8 machine. XP and Win7 seem to work fine. Handi's version can be found in post #1. You might try to see if that works for you.

PaceAdvantage
06-03-2014, 01:17 AM
I've replaced the attachment in the first post with the newest version as well.

upthecreek
08-29-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm looking for the download link for the MT Version I was using it but have had trouble with my computer
Thnx!

headhawg
08-30-2014, 10:58 AM
I think that link used to be in the first post but now the attached file is for HHX v2.3. I'm not sure which multitrack version you were using. The last one I have is MT-8 which I downloaded about a year ago. Maybe someone else here has a later version.

upthecreek
08-30-2014, 12:37 PM
I think that link used to be in the first post but now the attached file is for HHX v2.3. I'm not sure which multitrack version you were using. The last one I have is MT-8 which I downloaded about a year ago. Maybe someone else here has a later version.

That's the one I was using & can't seem to find where to download again

headhawg
08-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Send me a PM with your email addy.

upthecreek
08-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Send me a PM with your email addy.

Sent thnx!!

Handiman
08-31-2014, 03:53 AM
Thought I'd stop by and say Hi. Been a pretty tough year, but things seem to be getting better. I may be getting back into horse racing. Hope everyone is doing good.

Many people still using Handifast regardless of version? Like to hear how you might be doing with it.

Regards,

headhawg
08-31-2014, 10:04 AM
Glad you stopped by Handi. Always nice to hear from you. I hope everything is ok with you and your wife and family. Sorry to hear that you've had a tough year. I've only played the horses two or three times this year. I've lost interest with too many other projects. Like you, I may get back into it.

Take care, and don't be a stranger. :)

raybo
08-31-2014, 12:37 PM
Welcome back Handi! You've been missed!! Good health to you :)

acorn54
09-09-2014, 02:52 AM
hi handi
have been using your software. you are a very generous man for allowing us on the pa forum to use it with no charge, as i find it of use.
glad to hear from you.
my personal use of your software, is confirmation of horses i find of "interest", in a race.

mdb2855
02-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Hi All
any chance of an update for me also :) just getting into this and need something like this.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

headhawg
02-08-2015, 11:04 PM
I can tell you that mmdorn is working on adding a print feature to the MT-8 version. He's run into a problem so I am trying to help him out, so we will see how it goes.

mdb2855
02-09-2015, 02:45 AM
Ok thanks for letting me know

Hammerhead
02-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Could someone tell me how to import result files into handifest. I am using Jcapper files and just downloaded Handifest. I finally got to be able to import the races. I use HDW for files.

acorn54
02-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Could someone tell me how to import result files into handifest. I am using Jcapper files and just downloaded Handifest. I finally got to be able to import the races. I use HDW for files.

on the launch screen there is a button to get results, as far as i know it uses result files file from equibase, at least that is where you are directed by the program, but maybe you already know that by now. as far as using your hdw result files, maybe renaming the extension would do it?

Hammerhead
02-10-2015, 02:54 PM
OK acorn I tried but it wants to use IE and claims I don't have the correct version. I tried updating but no luck. I can see the result files in a pdf version but it don't import them. I use google chrome. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

acorn54
02-11-2015, 09:53 AM
sorry about that hammerhead
i read the instructions for the software and if i am correct the software does not process data file results, to be used with the horses ratings. its not like jcapper where you can use a data window and do queries.

rog9170
02-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Can u use track master files or past performance

Hammerhead
02-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Probably but I use HDW and am working with my own program. I only play on Saturdays and went 8 for 11 at GPX and TAM. Ill wait to see what happens this Saturday. Thanks any way.

rog9170
02-23-2015, 04:47 PM
what program i tried using trackmaster drf and some tracks and some dont it gives me errores

acorn54
02-24-2015, 09:40 AM
rog9170
acorn here. read the help doc. on page two of the help doc it tells you the data files you can use and all of your questions should be answered
good luck

Handiman
03-26-2015, 02:08 AM
Been in touch with MMDorn and almost ready to release HH. Woods Handifast MT 8.1 But I found what maybe a glitch in it so letting Mike know about it and see if it is what I think.

Anyway, want to say hello. Things have been a bit iffy with my health but still hanging in there.

The new release will allow for printing individual handicapped races, plus display is just really cool.

All My Best,

mikesal57
03-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Feel better and appreciate the work your doing :)

upthecreek
03-29-2015, 07:11 AM
Glad your doing ok I use Handi MT everyday and excited to see the update! Thanks for all your hard work!

acorn54
03-29-2015, 09:28 AM
i use it everyday also. wishing you best of health.

rog9170
03-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Hope it would take trackmaster files

headhawg
03-31-2015, 07:15 PM
Trackmaster has a different file format that Handifast can't read. Usable formats for Handifast are Bris drf and mcp, and the jcp files from JCapper.

raybo
03-31-2015, 08:03 PM
Been in touch with MMDorn and almost ready to release HH. Woods Handifast MT 8.1 But I found what maybe a glitch in it so letting Mike know about it and see if it is what I think.

Anyway, want to say hello. Things have been a bit iffy with my health but still hanging in there.

The new release will allow for printing individual handicapped races, plus display is just really cool.

All My Best,

Handi,

Samara and I are wishing you best health! Good to hear from you and looking forward to your next release!!

I haven't messed with your program in quite a while, don't even know where the latest version is available for download, but I will definitely check out your new one, once it's released. Make sure you include instructions for downloading and setting it up, for us "dummies".

And, of course, thank you for making your program available to all, for free!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Handiman
03-31-2015, 11:46 PM
Thanks everybody. I go to my Cardiologist tomorrow and get my heart mapped and my Implantable Cardioverter Difibrillator checked.

Anyway about a day or two before release I think. Mike Dorn has done a great job adding the print capability and he also created a very nice user manual of sorts.

Talk Later,
Handi :)

SoCaGambler
04-01-2015, 04:55 AM
Welcome back Handi. Good luck with your doctor visit tomorrow. Wish you and your wife continued improvement with your health.

Handiman
04-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Got great news at the Doctor's the other day. My heart function has improved significantly and my labs looked better than they have in years. Dr. was really pleased.

On the update, Mike Dorn is working on some tweaks that I have suggested and hopefully we will be rolling out soon.

Vinnie
04-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Handi:

I know that you don't know me, but, reading your last post with regard to your health improving absolutely "thrilled me for you and your family". Wishing you nothing but the VERY BEST and continued excellent health.

Vinnie :)

acorn54
04-03-2015, 10:37 PM
glad to hear of your good health report.
enjoy the peace of mind handi

mmdorn
04-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Handi,

Glad to hear that you received really great news from the doctor. Continued good health for you and your wife.

Mike

mikesal57
04-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Great news...now get to work..lol

Handiman
04-13-2015, 11:43 PM
Thanks Guys very much.

I think the latest update is ready.

Have to talk to PA and hopefully it will be ready in the next two days.

A Giant Thank You needs to go out to Mike Dorn. He has worked his ass off trying to get the update done. I think he has done a magnificent job. Not only does the program let you set your own values for dirt,turf route and sprint but you can return to defaults with just a click of a button. Also there is a complete instruction file. And you can print out each race you handicap.

Hope you enjoy the update.

upthecreek
04-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Thanks Guys very much.

I think the latest update is ready.

Have to talk to PA and hopefully it will be ready in the next two days.

A Giant Thank You needs to go out to Mike Dorn. He has worked his ass off trying to get the update done. I think he has done a magnificent job. Not only does the program let you set your own values for dirt,turf route and sprint but you can return to defaults with just a click of a button. Also there is a complete instruction file. And you can print out each race you handicap.

Hope you enjoy the update.

Cant wait to try it out!!
Glad to hear your feeling better
Thanks to you and Mike for all your hard work

Handiman
04-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Ok the zip file is in the mail to PA. He will let you know where to download it.

Quick note: Download the zip file and then unzip it in it's own folder. I would keep it separate from the version you have right now in case we didn't find all the bugs.

Once you unzip the file, look for the instruction file and open it. it will tell you all you need to know.

And again a Giant Thank You to Mike Dorn!

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2015, 10:28 AM
The newest version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast (http://www.paceadvantage.com/HandifastMT8.1.zip)

upthecreek
04-16-2015, 11:41 AM
Ok the zip file is in the mail to PA. He will let you know where to download it.

Quick note: Download the zip file and then unzip it in it's own folder. I would keep it separate from the version you have right now in case we didn't find all the bugs.

Once you unzip the file, look for the instruction file and open it. it will tell you all you need to know.

And again a Giant Thank You to Mike Dorn!

Looks and works great! Thanks to both of you

acorn54
04-16-2015, 12:34 PM
what can i say
you guys are the best!!!

pilot12321
04-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Thank you very much.

Wayne

Vinnie
04-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Handi:

I hope that you are feeling well? Handi, Mike D, Headhawg and Doug. You guys all "TOTALLY ROCK"! I don't know how you do it, but, thanks a bunch.

Vinnie

Viruss
04-17-2015, 06:08 AM
Handi & Mike Dorn

Thank you both for your hard work. Great program.

Earl J

orlando
04-23-2015, 09:29 AM
Hello, Orlando here, was curious about Handifast program so I
download,cannot find icon for program in file, is this a special club that one
has to belong to get program? is there a price? what gives?

upthecreek
04-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Hello, Orlando here, was curious about Handifast program so I
download,cannot find icon for program in file, is this a special club that one
has to belong to get program? is there a price? what gives?

No club, free to everybody
After you unzip look for Handifast MT 8.1------application That loads the program

orlando
04-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Thanks for heads up, sorry to say there is no handifast mt 8.1 app on the download?

orlando
04-23-2015, 11:06 AM
utc. got it.
Orlando

orlando
04-23-2015, 11:20 AM
UTC. quick ? how many races can one print on one page? only 1?
Orlando

mmdorn
04-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Hi Orlando,

Only one race can be printed on one sheet of paper, and that is the current race on the screen. There is a pdf instruction file in the package. If you read it, it will tell you everything you need to know.

Thanks,
Mike

orlando
04-23-2015, 05:41 PM
Hi, mmdorn, upthecreek, I want say thank you for your assist. lets see what

this baby can do.!

thank you

Orlando

raybo
04-23-2015, 06:40 PM
Handi,

Have you thought about enabling the user to save many sets of weightings, by names they create, for different types of races, and then be able to select a specific saved weighting to be used for each race?

DeltaLover
04-23-2015, 08:48 PM
I was able to successfully install and run the program under linux:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2luv392.jpg

Is it open source and if yes where can I pull it from?

Handiman
04-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes Ray I have been thinking about that actually. Have been talking to a friend of mine the last couple of days and that very subject has come up. Not sure yet how to tackle the problem, but am looking into it.

Handiman
04-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Yes Delta it is open source. If you message me your email I will send you the code file.

It is written in Liberty Basic.

Glad you were able to get it up and running under Linux...very cool.

DeltaLover
04-27-2015, 01:18 PM
Yes Ray I have been thinking about that actually. Have been talking to a friend of mine the last couple of days and that very subject has come up. Not sure yet how to tackle the problem, but am looking into it.

Pretty standard problem to tackle:

https://github.com/

raybo
04-27-2015, 01:53 PM

Cool! As you know, races are different, none are exactly the same, but many are very similar. So, if one can somehow do the required research to develop factor weighting models, then save those with a descriptive name regarding the race type s they apply to, and recall those models on demand, one would be in a much better position to exploit many aspects of the game. "Guessing" just doesn't get it. And, a set of weights that remains constant, won't get it either, unless you are just creating a fair odds line for exploiting underlays/overlays.

One of the first things that Harry implemented in the "AllDataBase" Excel program was the ability to research a large database of races, create models for different tracks, distances, surfaces, classes, ages, sex, etc., name them, and recall them to run against new races in Daily Play mode. We have about 60 different factors (and thousands of combinations of those factors) that can be run against a database of races, and the ability to segment the database to run against different sets of races from that database of races to see how the models do against several different sets of races. It takes a lot of time to do the research but you end up with some pretty good models/spot plays in the end.

Handiman
04-27-2015, 07:31 PM
I understand completely Raybo. I know a guy that has a few thousand factor combinations available to his program. One thing I am wrestling with right now is the concept of Point of Diminishing Returns being reached in a modeling scheme.

Plus, the coding in Handifast, by me anyway, is not what you would call elegant. Defitnitely functional, but certainly not elegant. I am working on a flow chart now based essentially on object oriented proggramming. It's going to take me some time to get this done and then figure out how to implement it.

Will keep you up to date.

douglasw32
04-29-2015, 07:02 PM
I am so very, very happy this still Lives on, HANDI you are amazing.

raybo
04-29-2015, 07:56 PM
I understand completely Raybo. I know a guy that has a few thousand factor combinations available to his program. One thing I am wrestling with right now is the concept of Point of Diminishing Returns being reached in a modeling scheme.

Plus, the coding in Handifast, by me anyway, is not what you would call elegant. Defitnitely functional, but certainly not elegant. I am working on a flow chart now based essentially on object oriented proggramming. It's going to take me some time to get this done and then figure out how to implement it.

Will keep you up to date.

I was only asking if you had considered adding the option for adding more weighting models to the program, not that you should actually try to do it. At this late date, adding that capability might be quite a task. The proper time to have added this option would have been when you were creating the weighting models that exist now. Although I have no experience in traditional programming languages, the mere thought of adding that expanded capability to the program now, well, it would seem to me that it would be a monster task. :eek:

Handiman
04-30-2015, 12:27 PM
I know Eaybo. To do that now with Handifast is beyound my capabilities.

Thanks Doug. It is cool that it's still alive.

upthecreek
04-30-2015, 01:18 PM
I cant seem to load the KD Ive tried to scratch 10 outsiders and it still closes Im attaching the error
THANKS!

Handiman
04-30-2015, 10:12 PM
Up,

Thanks for heads up. Mike has corrected the problem and the corrected program is on it's way to P.A. When he gets it posted then just delete what you have now and download the zip file and use the files in it.

That goes for everyone else who has downloaded the latest update.

Pensacola Pete
05-08-2015, 09:26 PM
I've been tooling around with this program. I see "Database" as a greyed out menu on the launcher. Is there database functionality yet? If not, I understand. If so, how is it used?

headhawg
05-09-2015, 10:28 AM
There is no database capability. I think that it was Handi's intention to add that feature at one time. I don't think that it will be added to Handifast as the programming language makes it difficult to do so. Maybe Handi will comment about that.

raybo
05-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Yeah, after reviewing the Liberty Basic language a bit, I would imagine tackling a database capability, with that particular programming language, would be tough (if not impossible). Full blown VB, probably, but Liberty is more limited.

Red Knave
05-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Raybo
There are wrappers for ODBC, SQLite and others available for Liberty Basic so at the least, it's do-able. But I suspect, as you say, it would be tough.

Handiman
05-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I have tried several times to get help but the Liberty basic group has cooled down it seems. Mostly because I think the creator moved into web server stuff and has given up on writing Liberty basic 5.0 which has been on the drawing board for a very long time.

I am looking at some different things at present. Not sure what I'm going to do.

raybo
05-10-2015, 06:48 PM
I have tried several times to get help but the Liberty basic group has cooled down it seems. Mostly because I think the creator moved into web server stuff and has given up on writing Liberty basic 5.0 which has been on the drawing board for a very long time.

I am looking at some different things at present. Not sure what I'm going to do.

How long did it take you to learn Liberty Basic? Python seems to be the one people are getting started with now, supposedly it is very easy (of course it's not for me, nor are any of the other languages, none of them "click" in my brain for some reason).

Handiman
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I picked up Liberty basic pretty quickly because I first learned how to program in Pascal. It was DOS and very similar to basic languages. I started writing programs right away. In the first two weeks I believe.

So LB was easy for me to switch over to and It offered me the chance to produce windows type programs.

I'm hoping Python is easy for me too. I'm a bit worried about the Object Oriented Programming concepts. But it has a database embedded in it and I am hoping to make good use out of that.

raybo
05-10-2015, 09:02 PM
I picked up Liberty basic pretty quickly because I first learned how to program in Pascal. It was DOS and very similar to basic languages. I started writing programs right away. In the first two weeks I believe.

So LB was easy for me to switch over to and It offered me the chance to produce windows type programs.

I'm hoping Python is easy for me too. I'm a bit worried about the Object Oriented Programming concepts. But it has a database embedded in it and I am hoping to make good use out of that.

I know what you mean, the object oriented stuff is where I get off the boat.

JoeLong
05-12-2015, 02:44 PM

Python is a C, C+ derivative and has nothing in common with Liberty Basic, a quick look at the tutorial https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/index.html (http://).

Handiman
05-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Joe I understand that. I have been doing a ton of research and have decided that Python is what I want to learn and will be doing the next handifast upgrade with as it stands now. How long that will take I do not know, but what the hell. As long as my health holds out, I have nothing but time on my hands..... Maybe it will keep me out of trouble...LOL

jimmac
05-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Handi:

Anyway to cut and paste race to excel thus having all the races on one page rather than having one page per race.

thanks

Handiman
05-14-2015, 07:30 PM
Not that I know of right now. Going to address that in next update.

Sorry,

thelyingthief
05-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Three books on oo:

The Object-Oriented Thought Process (a general title, quickly read)

Python 3 Object-oriented Programming (very good tutorial)
Mastering Object-oriented Python

Coursera has a class on interactive programming Python course produced by Rice University.

If you can over-look the basic nature of the first few classes, the latter half of the course is almost exclusively writing programs that are object-oriented.

You really need to learn this stuff--it will make your code much easier to update, maintain, and secure.

tlt-

thelyingthief
05-15-2015, 11:56 AM
can you not port excel into liberty-basic? after all, databasing is really pretty fundamental to every language. Without data, you have no program.

DeltaLover
05-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Python is a C, C+ derivative and has nothing in common with Liberty Basic, a quick look at the tutorial https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/index.html (http://).

Python is not a C or C++ derivative. In contrary it presents a radically different paradigm to programming. C and C++ are both statically linked while python is dynamic. Python is way more declarative than C/C++ (including their derivatives like C# or Java) and also reflects a great influence from functional languages (like LISP or Haskel).

What is also correct, is that python can be easily extended by modules written in C/C++. Python is implemented in C, with the intention of allowing both embedding and extending using entry points that can either be called from python or allowing python code to be called by C/C++.

Python makes it easy for the beginner to start using it in real world projects but in the same time it has a lot of hidden power that is realized as you learn more about it and start adopting features like decorators, closures and metaprogramming.

Handiman
05-15-2015, 02:59 PM
I don't know about the Excell option. I haven't seen anybody really address that issue with Liberty Basic. I know that to use a database you have to get a wrapper of some kind to combine LB with a database.

LB is floundering now that the creator has moved more toward web programming or actually running servers from your home.

Anyway I am ready to learn a new language.

raybo
05-15-2015, 03:41 PM
I don't know about the Excell option. I haven't seen anybody really address that issue with Liberty Basic. I know that to use a database you have to get a wrapper of some kind to combine LB with a database.

LB is floundering now that the creator has moved more toward web programming or actually running servers from your home.

Anyway I am ready to learn a new language.

If I could get past the OO part Python would be my choice. Very powerful and flexible language. :ThmbUp:

rick64
07-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Newbie here ,but need a little help.I downloaded the handifast golden horse software to my laptop with windows vista on it.When I handicap the races it works good until i want to print. There is no print icon on the software page any where. When i go to the track I would like to print and bring with me.Is there any thing that i could try??? Any Ideas ?????

douglasw32
07-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Take a screenshot then print that image ?

To take a screen capture of the entire screen
Press PrtScn.
Open Paint by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.
In Paint, on the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Paste

Handiman
07-13-2015, 12:34 AM
New version of Handifast is under construction. Thought that I'd wet your appetite a little. Taking me some time but hopefully it will be worth it.

The new program will come pre-loaded with 177 tracks. You will be able to add tracks or delete tracks as you wish. You will have the ability to build your own playable track file, so when you start up the program tell it what day you want to handicap and it will go get and import the race cards from your hard drive for that day for all the tracks in your "MyTracks" file. You can update that and change tracks anytime you want too.

You also can select which data file you use and the program will only access those files. jcp, drf, or mcp.

I am working on coding what are called race objects. You will have 21 factors available. You will be able to select any number of factors, assign them points from 1 to 250 and then select a scaling model. Default is the Woods algorithm which is used now. The other at present I'm putting in is the Fibonacci numbers. These algorithms take your factor points and assign them graduated scales based on horse's rankings for each factor.

Once you build a race object, you give it a name and save it. Build as many as you want. Once you have race objects done, then you can use those objects to create Analysts by either using just one object and taking a copy of it an giving it an analysts designation or you can combine Race objects and create an analyst. Then when you handicap a race you will be able to handicap that race by selecting which ever analysts you have built for that type of race. Unlimited analysts can be built and stored. Well a lot any way...LOL

Well that's about all right now. That is going to take me a while to code it all. I hope to have a couple of other surprises in the program. But we will see how things go.

Take Care and Good Luck,

hyipro
07-13-2015, 01:33 AM
Wow, sounds real exciting, will harness tracks and racing be included also.?

mmdorn
07-13-2015, 05:22 AM
Newbie here ,but need a little help.I downloaded the handifast golden horse software to my laptop with windows vista on it.When I handicap the races it works good until i want to print. There is no print icon on the software page any where. When i go to the track I would like to print and bring with me.Is there any thing that i could try??? Any Ideas ?????

Did you download the newest version of Handifast MT Ver 8.1 in post #1 of this thread? When you open a race, the print current race button, is on the bottom center of the page. Also there is a pdf instruction file in the package.

Good Luck,
Mike

JimG
07-13-2015, 06:43 AM
I am working on coding what are called race objects. You will have 21 factors available. You will be able to select any number of factors, assign them points from 1 to 250 and then select a scaling model. Default is the Woods algorithm which is used now. The other at present I'm putting in is the Fibonacci numbers. These algorithms take your factor points and assign them graduated scales based on horse's rankings for each factor.

Once you build a race object, you give it a name and save it. Build as many as you want. Once you have race objects done, then you can use those objects to create Analysts by either using just one object and taking a copy of it an giving it an analysts designation or you can combine Race objects and create an analyst. Then when you handicap a race you will be able to handicap that race by selecting which ever analysts you have built for that type of race. Unlimited analysts can be built and stored. Well a lot any way...LOL

Well that's about all right now. That is going to take me a while to code it all. I hope to have a couple of other surprises in the program. But we will see how things go.

Take Care and Good Luck,

Fibonacci numbers, race objects, analysts. Sounds like a Dave Schwartz HSH presentation.

Best of luck on the upgrade Handi and thanks for the update.

Vinnie
07-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Handi:

So pumped that you are doing so AWESOME!! You are truly one genuinely gifted and giving person Handi. :) A most sincere thank you to you and the other kind folks that have collaborated with you for all that you do.

Have a wonderful day today.... :)

Handiman
07-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Jim, funny you should mention that. Dave Schwartz is a very good friend of mine and has given me a tremendous amount of help in conceptualizing where I wanted to take Handifast.

It has been with his guidance that I have been able to put a more professional shading on this program and take it to the next level. I really appreciate his help. Not to downplay my own absolute brilliance....... I am kidding of course, about me LOL, but Dave really has helped a great deal and hasn't asked for one thing in return.

Handiman
07-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Thanks Vinnie....I am doing pretty good these days. That's why I felt I could take on this project. Plus it keeps my mind engaged and off Porn sites....:lol:

Hyipro, sorry buddy I don't do Harness.

Dave Schwartz
07-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Sure... you bought the lobster that one night. LOL

Thanks Handiman.

Dave

PS: I eventually had to stop giving him ideas. He seemed to want to implement them all.

raybo
07-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Jim, funny you should mention that. Dave Schwartz is a very good friend of mine and has given me a tremendous amount of help in conceptualizing where I wanted to take Handifast.

It has been with his guidance that I have been able to put a more professional shading on this program and take it to the next level. I really appreciate his help. Not to downplay my own absolute brilliance....... I am kidding of course, about me LOL, but Dave really has helped a great deal and hasn't asked for one thing in return.

I can't think of a better person to offer suggestions and guidance in a handicapping app! Dave and I have talked a couple of times and the man knows what he's talking about!! And his technical knowledge, regarding horse racing, is second to none.

rick64
07-13-2015, 08:25 PM
yes i download the latest version 8.1

mmdorn
07-15-2015, 11:19 AM
yes i download the latest version 8.1

Hi Rick,

I think, your laptop does not use a high enough resolution for you to see everything on the screen. Since, the print current race button, is not part of the race screen, the scroll bar on the right will not let you get to the button. I will, move the print race button, to the top of the page, which should solve your problem. I will also, update the pdf instruction file. This version will be Handifast MT Ver 8.2. When I finish with the modification, I will forward the package to Handi, so he can have PA release the new version. As you know, Handi is working on a major update to Handifast. "GOOD LUCK HANDI"

Mike

rick64
07-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks Mike for the software update & the print button on top of page would really help. HANDIFAST RULES!!!

Handiman
07-17-2015, 09:41 PM
I sent off the new update with Mike's print change to PA. I'm sure it should be available in the next day or so.

The new version is coming along. Not sure when it will be done.

PaceAdvantage
07-20-2015, 10:01 AM
I'll get it up today...sorry for the delay

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2015, 11:00 AM
The updated version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast (http://www.paceadvantage.com/HandifastMT8.2.zip)

JimG
11-02-2015, 12:37 PM
One thing I noticed missing from 8.3 that is available in version 2.3 that I have is the ability to print all races at one time after loading the track in total points order. That is very handy and something I use all the time when I use the software.

Jim

UltimateBetter
11-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Is there Manuel on the glossary.

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 08:10 AM
There's an 8.3?

Thought 8.2 was latest...

:eek:

raybo
11-03-2015, 10:09 AM
There's an 8.3?

Thought 8.2 was latest...

:eek:

The download in post 231 says 8.2, don't know where JimG is getting the 8.3 from.

raybo
11-03-2015, 10:10 AM
When you download 8.2 you get a zip file. When you unzip it what do you do next? Or, is there a instruction document in the zip file that explains where to put everything on the PC?

raybo
11-03-2015, 10:54 AM
When you download 8.2 you get a zip file. When you unzip it what do you do next? Or, is there a instruction document in the zip file that explains where to put everything on the PC?

I found the instruction document, but it doesn't really tell me what I'm wondering about.

When I downloaded the program, the zip file went to my default folder which is my "Downloads" folder on my desktop. Is that where it needs to go or should I create a folder on my "C" drive and download it there?

When I unzip it and run the .exe file, where do all the program files go, which directory, and what folders are created by the .exe file?

Do I put only unzipped race card data files all in one folder, or do I separate them by track, year, etc.? Can more than one year's files be put in the same folder, by renaming files to designate the year. In my program I put the last digit of the year as the first character of the file name, so that the program selects the correct year's files.

I assume there is no capability for importing results files in the program, to review previously run races and their results at the same time? Just wondering as in my program I can import only the card file for daily play, or both the card and results files so that I can view all the various ratings and selections along with the results of the race showing the horse numbers in post position order, their finish positions, win place and show $2 payouts, scratched horses designations, each horse's off odds, the track condition, Exacta, Trifecta, and Superfecta $2 payouts and the horse numbers involved in each of those bet types.

Thanks!

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Ray..

You need to create a"new folder" on your c drive and name it whatever (Handifast)

You unzip all the files into this folder....

Open that folder with File Explorer and put mouse over the file in the picture and "right click" mouse button and select SEND TO....DESKTOP

You will have everything set up....

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 11:09 AM
you can do 6 tracks at the same time....

but there's no storing or saving of anything

you can put all your drf files in another folder and then have program look there to get them

raybo
11-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Ray..

You need to create a"new folder" on your c drive and name it whatever (Handifast)

You unzip all the files into this folder....

Open that folder with File Explorer and put mouse over the file in the picture and "right click" mouse button and select SEND TO....DESKTOP

You will have everything set up....

Thanks Mike! So, I can just open the zip file, extract all its files to the "new folder" on my "C" drive, then create a desktop shortcut for the .exe application file and send it to my desktop?

Do I need to uninstall previous versions first before installing the 8.2 version?

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Thanks Mike! So, I can just open the zip file, extract all its files to the "new folder" on my "C" drive, then create a desktop shortcut for the .exe application file and send it to my desktop?

Yes..got it

raybo
11-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes..got it

Cool! Do I need to uninstall previous versions, and what folder do I put my card files in?

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 11:19 AM
As to version 8.3 or whatever Handiman is going to call it..

It wont be out till next year ...

Most likely a deal he made with one of our more prominent businessman on here for his help... :rolleyes:

mike

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Cool! Do I need to uninstall previous versions, and what folder do I put my card files in?

You can have as many versions you want as long as they are in separate folders...

I just changed or rename the icon thats created from step above...

I got all my files in a "DRF" folder ...you can use whatever...I actually use a folder called "JCP" ..you understand that

raybo
11-03-2015, 11:23 AM
As to version 8.3 or whatever Handiman is going to call it..

It wont be out till next year ...

Most likely a deal he made with one of our more prominent businessman on here for his help... :rolleyes:

mike

LOL, Dave wouldn't ask that of Handy, would he? :lol:

raybo
11-03-2015, 11:29 AM
You can have as many versions you want as long as they are in separate folders...

I just changed or rename the icon thats created from step above...

I got all my files in a "DRF" folder ...you can use whatever...I actually use a folder called "JCP" ..you understand that

Hmmm. Since I already have individual track folders for my card files, could I just leave them in those and when I load a track just navigate to one of those track folders? For instance I have a cards folder for Keeneland that contains all the files for 2013, 2014, and 2015, which is located here: C:\JCP\Kee cards 2013-15 J\

Can I leave that as is and just navigate to that folder when loading a card for that track?

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 11:29 AM
LOL, Dave wouldn't ask that of Handy, would he? :lol:

DId you have to mention that name.....

Now I'm going to get a PM from him ....again

mike

mikesal57
11-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Hmmm. Since I already have individual track folders for my card files, could I just leave them in those and when I load a track just navigate to one of those track folders? For instance I have a cards folder for Keeneland that contains all the files for 2013, 2014, and 2015, which is located here: C:\JCP\Kee cards 2013-15 J\

Can I leave that as is and just navigate to that folder when loading a card for that track?

Yes... a box will pop up...just navigate it to another folder because it remembers the last one opened..

raybo
11-03-2015, 11:55 AM
DId you have to mention that name.....

Now I'm going to get a PM from him ....again

mike

I wouldn't have except that Handi and Dave have already posted of their co-conspiracy. LOL - maybe they're planning the end of mankind, who knows. :eek:

Sometimes, I wonder of there isn't a secret society here on the forum, a new racing world order? :cool:

raybo
11-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Yes... a box will pop up...just navigate it to another folder because it remembers the last one opened..

Ok, I'll now actually install the program. Wanted to get all my ducks in a row before starting, so I don't have to later have to go back and change things I did wrong.

Thanks Mike!