Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-26-2022, 07:05 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
Google and Microsoft both missed their latest quarterly earnings projections
And the market ripped up on the news...lol

MSFT up 5% in after-hours

Google up almost 4.5%
Old 07-26-2022, 09:24 PM   #17
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
IRONY of IRONIES

The guy who so strenuously denied over and over the reality of a recession in 2008 now just can't wait to declare we're in one. Huhh... wonder why that is

Fire up the wayback machine! Set coordinates for the GREAT RECESSION

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=43270

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=43556

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=45577

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=46473

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=46514

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=46420

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=46878

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=47485

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=36926

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=52914

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=47812

Had enough yet?? TAKE ME HOME DADDY

The moral of the story - find the biggest grain of salt you can, and that's what you should take with PA's recession predictions
I well remember PA insisting there was no recession way back then, but I didn’t have the ambition to find all the links. Thanks for that.

If we’re in a recession now, here’s hoping we stay in one. Near record unemployment; average monthly new jobs in excess of half a million. Weekly earnings up 5.2% over a year ago. Record low credit card delinquencies. Record low bankruptcies. Record low mortgage delinquencies.
Old 07-26-2022, 09:39 PM   #18
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I well remember PA insisting there was no recession way back then, but I didn’t have the ambition to find all the links. Thanks for that.

If we’re in a recession now, here’s hoping we stay in one. Near record unemployment; average monthly new jobs in excess of half a million. Weekly earnings up 5.2% over a year ago. Record low credit card delinquencies. Record low bankruptcies. Record low mortgage delinquencies.
Real wages down 4.4 percent. Tent cities and homelessness at record numbers. Crime rates up. Open borders overwhelming homeless shelters. Fuel at 4.18 a gallon. Lets go Brandon
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 09:49 PM   #19
Cuffdaddy

Quote:

Just one example of your fraud logic (attached, CC debt). The calm before the storm, individual CC debt setting new records. Retail bankruptcies on the horizon, FHA house loans for low to moderate incomes are at huge delinquency rates.

Out of touch with reality.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220726-184046_Chrome.jpg (220.6 KB, 3 views)
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 09:50 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Did you bother to read what I wrote back then?

I INSISTED because the classic definition of RECESSION hadn't been met, despite your assertions that were were in a recession....ie...haven't had two consecutive quarters of negative GDP.

I never said there wasn't going to be a recession. I just said it hadn't arrived yet. Just like now...we're about a day and a half away from meeting the classic definition...so we're not one in yet either...

Who do you guys actually think you're kidding here?

Keep gaslighting...it's not working anymore.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:40 PM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why do I say that despite the 2nd qtr GDP numbers not being released yet?

Because the White House is trying to redefine recession before the number comes out, which tells you all you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9E9-ada17k
I don’t care that Tucker Carlson is telling you what to think-you clearly are incapable of thinking for yourself. I don’t even care that he is telling you the wrong things to think.

The White House is not redefining the definition of a recession. They are using a more refined definition than merely two quarters of negative growth.
The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Business Cycle Dating Committee—the official recession scorekeeper—defines a recession as “a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and that lasts more than a few months.” The variables the committee typically tracks include real personal income minus government transfers, employment, various forms of real consumer spending, and industrial production.

NBER is a private, non profit, non partisan group which was established in 1920 it is not associated with any governmental entity or any political party.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:43 PM   #22
mostpost

Quote:
Did you bother to read what I wrote back then?

I INSISTED because the classic definition of RECESSION hadn't been met, despite your assertions that were were in a recession....ie...haven't had two consecutive quarters of negative GDP.

I never said there wasn't going to be a recession. I just said it hadn't arrived yet. Just like now...we're about a day and a half away from meeting the classic definition...so we're not one in yet either...

Who do you guys actually think you're kidding here?

Keep gaslighting...it's not working anymore.
If anyone is gaslighting it’s you. Good job following Goebbel’s dictum, “Accuse the other side of what you are doing.”
Old 07-26-2022, 10:48 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
If anyone is gaslighting it’s you. Good job following Goebbel’s dictum, “Accuse the other side of what you are doing.”
Biden is at 37.2 approval

How low do you think it will go when recession is official declared in a matter of hours?

Gaslight that.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-26-2022 at 10:49 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 11:01 PM   #24
mostpost

Quote:
Biden is at 37.2 approval

How low do you think it will go when recession is official declared in a matter of hours?

Gaslight that.
The NBER is not going to declare a recession because their factors are not close to how they define a recession. Your outdated recession definition is irrelevant.

ALSO. The consensus is that there will be a .5% gain in GDP.

I think the administration comments are in response to the constant bombardment of recession comments from everyone and his brother on the right.

ETA: Another thing your Nazi friends said was, Tell a lie often enough and loudly enough and people will start to believe it.

Last edited by mostpost; 07-26-2022 at 11:03 PM.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 11:27 PM   #25
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Yes, America is clearly doing so well under Joe Biden.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 11:47 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The NBER is not going to declare a recession because their factors are not close to how they define a recession. Your outdated recession definition is irrelevant.

I think the administration comments are in response to the constant bombardment of recession comments from everyone and his brother on the right.

ETA: Another thing your Nazi friends said was, Tell a lie often enough and loudly enough and people will start to believe it.
You've always been Goebbels...no amount of desperate projection will change that

High Inflation - check
Two consecutive quarters of negative GDP - I'll bet check

Hi recession!
Old 07-26-2022, 11:50 PM   #27
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Sinking of the Titanic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_the_Titanic

Despite receiving six warnings of sea ice earlier that day, the Titanic struck an iceberg on the night of April 14, 1912 because she was traveling too fast to alter course quickly enough once the lookout spotted the iceberg.

As a result, the ship sank some 2 hours later and some 1,500 souls lost their lives.

You know what might have saved those 1,500 lives?

It wasn't a 'more refined definition' about the gaping hole in the side of the ship.

But a Captain, Officers, and Crew capable of casting their egos aside, giving the warnings some critical thinking, and not swallowing the Narrative about the ship being unsinkable?

I'm thinking that is what usually works.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see the analogy here.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 07-27-2022 at 12:03 AM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2022, 12:01 AM   #28
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
This cannot be true cause mosty told us all how great the 2nd q was going to be and how great life would be during and after q2
COME ON MAN, the only reason GDP is below previous quarters is when Biden cured covid, vaccinated everyone and opened up the world, things took off the greatest EVER.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2022, 12:25 AM   #29
Striker

Quote:
I don’t care that Tucker Carlson is telling you what to think-you clearly are incapable of thinking for yourself. I don’t even care that he is telling you the wrong things to think.

The White House is not redefining the definition of a recession. They are using a more refined definition than merely two quarters of negative growth.
The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Business Cycle Dating Committee—the official recession scorekeeper—defines a recession as “a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and that lasts more than a few months.” The variables the committee typically tracks include real personal income minus government transfers, employment, various forms of real consumer spending, and industrial production.

NBER is a private, non profit, non partisan group which was established in 1920 it is not associated with any governmental entity or any political party.
So how many times in US history has there been two consecutive quarters of negative GDP, and we haven’t been declared to be in a recession?
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2022, 12:25 AM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

“Listen honey, I’m not screwing around on you. I am using my dick in a more refined manner”

Either way somebody is getting screwed