PDA

View Full Version : Mike Maloney interview in Bloodhorse

Rutgers
03-02-2010, 07:44 PM
The February 27 issue of the Blood-Horse magazine has a good interview with Mike Maloney. The interview mentions he is the VP of Regulatory Affairs for HANA. The interview touches on a couple of issues such as takeout, past-posting and medication. He talks about HANA's "platform" in regards to those areas.

It is a good read and gives good exposure of HANA to the industry, as the magazine is geared to owners and breeders.

DeanT
03-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey Rutgers,

I, as well, thought Mike did a great job with that interview. We are going to ask the BH after some time passes if we may post the interview here and on our website, so I will update that here should we be granted permission.

Stillriledup
03-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Is this article online? I cant seem to find it at the bloodhorse website.

BillW
03-03-2010, 04:22 AM
Is this article online? I cant seem to find it at the bloodhorse website.

No, print edition only. We're working on permission to put up a link.

Stillriledup
03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
No, print edition only. We're working on permission to put up a link.

Thank you Bill.

Dalton
03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
I like that article. Horseplayers don't seem to have much of a say in how things are done, we just get jacked around at the will of the industry and state. So it was good to see one of us speak up in bloodhorse about important issues.

I like especially what he had to say with trainers cheating and high takeouts.

Stillriledup
03-24-2010, 06:20 AM
I like that article. Horseplayers don't seem to have much of a say in how things are done, we just get jacked around at the will of the industry and state. So it was good to see one of us speak up in bloodhorse about important issues.

I like especially what he had to say with trainers cheating and high takeouts.

The biggest key, in my opinion, with cheating trainers (and i haven't read this article) is that the more people with information that can let them cash tickets on runners without actually handicapping raises the effective takeout a few percentage points. With no drugs, the only way any humans can win money is thru good handicapping. Drugs into racehorses are equivalent of insider trading in the stock market, there is really no difference.