PDA

View Full Version : ALL DATA Free

Pages : [1] 2

douglasw32
01-16-2010, 01:49 PM
I think that RAYBO and his FREE offering needs to be listed here also.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65321

http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/

lsosa54
01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
How about Dukeofperl's CSV Trimmer that he also made available as freeware?

douglasw32
01-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Post it here...

Anything FREE

lsosa54
01-16-2010, 03:58 PM

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=816785&postcount=46

Handiman
01-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Post it here...

Anything FREE

I have some used Underwear that I'm willing to give away. My wifes been after me to get some new ones. :lol:

Handi :jump:

douglasw32
01-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Okay ummmm anything FREE that helps you pick winning horses.
;)

headhawg
01-17-2010, 10:21 AM
;)Well, it is his lucky underwear....

raybo
01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
I think that RAYBO and his FREE offering needs to be listed here also.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65321

http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/

Thanks Doug!!

I appreciate the "sticky".

Enthusiastic users make it all worthwhile!

raybo
01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Version 2.1 is uploaded on the site.

"Summary Race Ratings" was added and the help file was updated.

raybo
01-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Please go to my site and redownload the "alldata_pps_2.1.zip" file, if you've downloaded prior to Jan 23rd @ 1:15PM.

I found a couple of bugs and had to fix them and update the zip file on the site.

Sorry!!!

Thanks!

raybo
02-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Well, AllData PPs didn't do very good on the 1st day of the Black Box Challenge, but I didn't really expect much, using just default paceline selections.

I bet a mythical $2 on the top pick spit out by AllData PPs.xlsm (Excel 2007 version).

The total payout for the day was $22 for a 10% profit.

If anyone wants the "Black Box" version let me know. Also, let me know whether you want the 2007 version, .xlsm extension, or previous version, .xls.

Maybe day 2 will be better!

raybo
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
AllData PPs did pretty good today in the "Challenge".

Partsnut, using his custom settings, 1st pick, win only, netted $14 (70% profit)

AllData PPs, Black Box version, 1st pick, win only, netted $7.60 (38% profit)

I didn't figure Partsnut's exactas/trifectas, but, I also had 2 exactas (1st and 2nd picks finishing 1st and 2nd, in order, netted $25.20 (126% profit)

Just scanned Partsnut's exacta hits and it appeared that he did better than I did, possibly much better!!

raybo
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Aquaduct, on the 3rd, was, well, BRUTAL!! AllData PPs Black Box went 0 for 9, wasn't even close most races. Obviously Aquaduct, inner dirt, is quite different from any tracks I've ever played before.

Thursday, the 4th, Gulfstream was much nicer to AllData.
The "Black Box" had 4 winners of 9 races, paying, $7, $17.80, $10.60, $8.80, hitting winners, with it's 1st pick, in races 2, 3, 6, and 7.

In races 3, 6, and 7 AllData would have also had the Exacta (with a standard ticket structure of 1 w 23). The 3 $2Exactas paid $50.20, $43.40, and $21.60. Total cost of 9 $2 Exactas would be $36 and would have paid $115.20, for a net profit of $79.20 (220%)

But, that's not all!

In race 3, AllData would have had both the Trifecta and the Superfecta (with a standard ticket structure of 1 w 23 w 234 ($8 ticket cost x 9 races = $72), for the Tri, and, 1 w 23 w 234 w 2345 ($12 ticket cost x 9 races = $108), for the Super).

The $2Trifecta paid $206.60 and the $2Superfecta paid $1012.20.

Although I've hit supers paying much more than that, this makes it quite evident why I play only superfectas.

Total for the "Black Box Challenge", for Thursday: $18 wagered to win, paid $44.20, for a 145% net profit (44% hit rate).

Total for the first 4 days, Monday through Thursday: 15 winners, with top pick, of 37 races, 40% hit rate, for a 26% net profit.

We'll see how AllData PPs Black Box did today, in what I assume will be the "MUD!!!!". This part of the country has had lots and lots of rain the last 3-4 days. I have not changed the settings, to reflect the mud, so it might not do too well.

raybo
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I've uploaded the Excel 2007 version of AllData PPs to my site. It includes the "auto-pick" feature. For "auto-pick" with previous versions of Excel, email me at:

rbaker529@msn.com

I'll upload the .xls version with "auto-picks" soon.

pat
02-07-2010, 05:27 PM
I cannot dload or open infotran some abt 32 or 64 bit what can i do im runnimg windows vista

raybo
02-07-2010, 10:21 PM
I cannot dload or open infotran some abt 32 or 64 bit what can i do im runnimg windows vista

Pat,

I have no idea why you're having this problem. The program has been downloaded and run on 32 and 64 bit machines.

raybo
02-09-2010, 10:06 PM
The "Black Box" version of AllData PPs, for Excel versions prior to 2007, has been uploaded to my site.

The file name for the download is named: "alldata_pps_blackbox.zip".

The "Black Box" scored a 36% hit rate on win bets with it's top pick, for a 22% net ROI.

Handifast default was the only other true "black box" that outperformed us with a 24.5% net profit.

raybo
03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
As those of you, who visit my site, know, "Hcap" has joined forces with AllData and has worked out a method that enables Bris/TSN 1435 field race cards to be loaded into AllData, without the use of Infotran.

We have been working out the bugs in a "Beta" version of AllData PPs that will be uploaded to the AllData site soon, so that our users can run it through it's paces and report any errors and offer suggestions.

The "Beta" will also include the ability to load .xrd, Bris Exotic Results, files into the spreadsheet, with obvious implications as to the future of AllData.

I've finished my additions to the "Beta" and have sent it back to Hcap, for finalization, before uploading to the site.

The Beta version is named "AllDataNI", "NI" meaning, "No Infotran". This version is written for Excel 2007, only, but, we will also be offering it in pre-2007 format later, for those users who don't have Excel 2007, yet. The 2007 (and the pre-2007) version will still load all 1435 data fields in the Bris/TSN data files. This is, as far as I know, the first time all 1435 fields will be loadable and publicly available, in pre-Excel 2007 versions, without the use of AllData's Infotran control file.

So, kudos to Harry, Hcap here on PA, for his innovative ideas and hours of labor in working around Infotran!!!!!

pat
03-21-2010, 05:34 PM
where can i get instuctions on how to dload and use below named program

alldata_pps_2007.zip

raybo
03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
where can i get instuctions on how to dload and use below named program

alldata_pps_2007.zip

The help file on my site, below the 3 versions of AllData on the "AllData" page, will show you how to download and operate any of the 3. The instructions for version 2.1 (for pre-2007 versions) are the same as the 2007 version. If you can operate version 2.1 you can operate the 2007 version.

I would recommend waiting for the "Beta" version, as it is much more user friendly. It is written for Excel 2007.

pat
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
im unable to install infotran on any of my pcs can i use the programs without it

hcap
03-24-2010, 08:48 AM
pat,

I can't run it on my new Windows 7 machine either. :D
In any case the Excel 2007 version not requiring Infotran will be posted on Ray's blog very soon.
A few weeks later a pre-2007 version also not requiring Infotran will be done.

One of the problems is adding functionality without sacrificing any of Ray's outstanding visuals. And pace and summary numbers.
I am doing my best to maintain Ray's work while eliminating Infotran. Hang in there.

pat
03-25-2010, 07:23 AM
thanks for info

raybo
03-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Well, AllDataNI, the non-Infotran version of AllData PPs, is back in my court for some more mods, but, I'm having issues with the mods. Hopefully I can get these issues resolved soon and get it back to Harry and then uploaded to the site.

Hang in there!

raybo
04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Ok, I got the "go ahead" from Harry for AllData-NI (Beta). I have uploaded it to the AllData website (NOTE: you must have Excel 2007 in order to run this version. A "pre-2007" version is coming soon for those who have not upgraded to 2007, yet.).

Note: the website has a new page tab, named: "AllData-NI Beta". Click that tab to access the "AlldataNIbeta.zip" download.

Directly below the download are the instructions for using "AllDataNIBeta.xlsb". Please read the instructions.

Post any errors or problems, as well as, suggestions, here, on the Blog, or email me.

Infotran has been "officially" retired!

douglasw32
04-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Amazing work, so far so good, no problems I can see.

raybo
04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
It was discovered, by one of our users (thanks Giuseppe!), that the beta version did not include the option to use my "variable time per beaten length multiplier" method, for adjusting raw times, based on each fractional leader's average speed, in feet per second, for each fraction.

I decided to go ahead and add the option and have uploaded the modified beta version to my website, with instructions for the option directly above the download.

So, if you have already downloaded the beta, and want this option, you will need to download the latest beta version.

Rwahi1
04-04-2010, 08:31 AM
What a beautiful piece of work ! It is awesome ! You guys are really talented.

Thank you very much. :ThmbUp:

raybo
04-04-2010, 09:03 AM
What a beautiful piece of work ! It is awesome ! You guys are really talented.

Thank you very much. :ThmbUp:

Thank you for your kind words! We're kind of proud of it, ourselves.

Let us know if any errors arise or if you have suggestions for future versions.

raybo
04-04-2010, 09:07 AM
As I've said before, we're trying to "grow the game" with AllData, putting in the hands of prospective new players an easy method for stepping to the next level in their handicapping by being able to utilize inexpensive data files and a common computer application, with a relatively flat learning curve.

fast4522
04-04-2010, 10:30 AM
For someone new to the game this is very inviting, for someone in business it may be disturbing, but for the game overall its pretty dam good!

Pcon04
04-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Raybo

I just got your spreadsheet to open so it works great that's big for a non techi thanks for the great instructions.
here is my ? I use a laptop and it doesn't show much on the screen.By
the time i scroll I kind of lose a lot..Not complaining!!
Can it print out now? or will it be able to smeday?Do i need to buy a big
monitor.My laptop screen is about 13". Sorry if this is a stupid ? but like I said
I'm a newbie to computers and excel..

Pcon

raybo
04-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Raybo

I just got your spreadsheet to open so it works great that's big for a non techi thanks for the great instructions.
here is my ? I use a laptop and it doesn't show much on the screen.By
the time i scroll I kind of lose a lot..Not complaining!!
Can it print out now? or will it be able to smeday?Do i need to buy a big
monitor.My laptop screen is about 13". Sorry if this is a stupid ? but like I said
I'm a newbie to computers and excel..

Pcon

Pcon,

I have not tried to tackle a printing macro, due to all the problems one would incur in such an endeavor. I'm not very good with VBA (that's Harry's forte), and I'm assuming that VBA would be needed to create code good enough to be usable by all the myriad of printers, monitor sizes, etc..

I tried to scale the Summaries small enough so that the users could print them easily enough. There is a lot of data in the Past Performances and Pace Ratings views which would make things pretty tough on someone trying to print them. I have been able to print them, separately, in landscape mode, but it took awhile to get the print areas set right.

As far as viewing the spreadsheet on a monitor, you could decrease your zoom setting in order to see more columns on your 13" monitor, but then you have the problem of fonts being so small that they are almost unreadable.

I designed AllData on a 22" widescreen and I can see each of the views width-wise at about 90% zoom. I assumed that most users have upgraded to larger widescreen monitors, at least on their desktops.

About all I can suggest is to reduce your zoom, if that doesn't produce something readable, you could always create your own views, leaving out data that you don't need to see.

If you need some help creating smaller views (with less data), let me know what data you need and I'll guide you through getting that data moved to another area of your workbook. Once that is done you should be able to view and print the new view(s) fairly well.

Pcon04
04-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Ray
Thanks for the reply.I'll try what u said and if it's to small.I'll deal with
that later.Maybe a new monitor and hook it up to the laptop.

pcon

Rwahi1
04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Raybo

I have one question...If the race is taken off the turf..how would you change
the pace line selection in your program.

Raman

Rwahi1
04-04-2010, 07:18 PM
I just figured it out, how to manually change the pace line selection.

Bye the way I was trying yesterday SA card and I don't know what I am doing wrong, there is nothing in the summary section and nothing in the results section. The files seems OK.

raybo
04-05-2010, 12:10 AM
I just figured it out, how to manually change the pace line selection.

Bye the way I was trying yesterday SA card and I don't know what I am doing wrong, there is nothing in the summary section and nothing in the results section. The files seems OK.

Have you tried another card? If another card looks good then there's something wrong with that SA data.

raybo
04-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Ray
Thanks for the reply.I'll try what u said and if it's to small.I'll deal with
that later.Maybe a new monitor and hook it up to the laptop.

pcon

Here's a screenshot of both Summaries in a print preview on 8 1/2x11 paper, in landscape mode.

Just selected the print area in the spreadsheet and went to a print preview to get the screenshot.

Would be slightly more readable on 8 1/2 x 14 paper.

Rwahi1
04-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Have you tried another card? If another card looks good then there's something wrong with that SA data.

You are right! I tried another card. It worked fine!

Thanks for your help.

raybo
04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
You are right! I tried another card. It worked fine!

Thanks for your help.

As I suspected. Glad that's all it was!!

raybo
04-27-2010, 12:56 AM
The latest version of "AllData NI", for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007, has been released on my site, for beta testing.

Go to the "AllData NI" page, find the "alldatani_pre2007_beta.zip" download, and click it. After downloading, read the instructions, below the download, for using AllData NI. Both the 2007 and pre-2007 versions work the same way, although there are very minor cosmetic differences between the two.

Please let us know of any errors or suggestions you may have, either on the blog on the site, or here, or by email.

Thanks for your participation in the beta testing!!

Kudos to Harry (Hcap here on the PA forum), for his many hours of work in getting rid of data parsers forever :ThmbUp::ThmbUp: Goodbye Infotran !!!!

raybo
04-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Those of you who have TSN files and want to run them through AlldataNI_Pre2007_Beta, you will have to re-download the zip file on my site. I had to modify some formulas in the original "pre2007" beta release so that the Sartin figures are available, without a track variant (track variants were not available in the TSN data files).

The Excel 2007 beta version was corrected for this problem earlier, so, those of you who downloaded that version are good to go for the beta testing.

douglasw32
05-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Ray, Thanks again...

raybo
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I've uploaded, to my site, a tutorial for utilizing Excel's "Conditional Formatting" feature to "highlight" certain cells which meet specific criteria. This ability helps the user visualize values or conditions that are important to them. In this tutorial I show how to "conditionally format" the top 3 ranking horses in the "Fractionals", in the "Pace Ratings" view of the spreadsheet. So, after applying the formatting, the top 3 ranked values for "FR1", "FR2", and "FR3" (feet per second velocities) will be highlighted by bolding the font and adding shading colors to those cells. If you've seen AllData PPs, you'll have noticed this highlighting for other cell ranges.

It's not hard to do and after doing it a couple of times you'll become quite proficient in it's use.

So, go to my site, click the "Modifying AllData PPs" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Adding Conditional Formatting to AllData", follow the instructions for downloading the ".zip" file, and opening the tutorial.

Hope you "get it" easily, it's really a "neat" feature in Excel.

Have fun experimenting!!

raybo
07-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I know you guys are as excited as I am about AllData's future database/filtering capability. Harry, has been working hard on it and the time is drawing near for it's beta release. Personally, I can't wait, I think it will take AllData NI, which I believe is already a good product, to the next level, enabling the user to ask questions of the program and analyze the results of their efforts.

So, have a little more patience, that day is approaching.

BTW, I've added some screenshots on my site with descriptions, for those who haven't downloaded AllData yet, but, want to see what it looks like. The "AllData Screenshots" page, on the site, isn't complete yet but, what I have so far is viewable and I'm working on the rest of it.

Give it a look!

raybo
09-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Harry has sent me his latest version of AllData NI pre-2007, which includes "batch processing", and, the new AllData "database" spreadsheet. We have to get together, on the phone, so he can update me on the workings of the database and the integration of the 2 spreadsheets, then I might have to do some "eye candy" mods, then we finalize the version, I have to write a help file for it, and then, finally, I will release it for beta testing on the AllData website.

We've been anxiously awaiting this moment. I'm excited!!

Please join me in wishing Harry a speedy solution to, and, recovery from some quite serious eye problems, which severely hamper his ability to see, especially computer stuff.

Get well soon, Harry!!!!

PS: If you haven't noticed, there's a new addition to my signature, a link to my new forum, dedicated to Excel spreadsheet handicapping. Check it out and register! It's brand new so we need some new members. Join up!!

headhawg
09-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Hope you feel better soon Harry.

It's great to see more progress being made on the Excel front. It's amazing what Ray and Harry (and others) can do with Excel. One day I'll get better at it; it's on my to-do list. :)

raybo
09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon Harry.

It's great to see more progress being made on the Excel front. It's amazing what Ray and Harry (and others) can do with Excel. One day I'll get better at it; it's on my to-do list. :)

HH,

Yes, progress has been delayed as the batch processing and database portions were our next step, but, due to Harry's eye problems he was severely hampered, regarding his ability to work on the spreadsheets.

As I noted above, I've started a spreadheet handicapper's forum, dedicated to all those Excel users out there who have been looking for a forum where they can discuss issues and offer solutions to others.

We would be very happy to have you as a member!

The link to the forum is in my signature.

raybo
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
The latest version of AllData NI is the "batch processing" version. It also includes my latest stuff, the distance equalized times and TPR ratings, and a new Summary view for those 2 methods, with a pace pressure gauge that projects today's races' likely winning running style(s).

I have sent the completed version back to Harry, for his perusal. Once he looks it over and gives me the "OK", I'll release it, on the AllData website. I'll write a help file for the new stuff, with screenshots.

After our users have had a little time to get familiar with the "batch" version of AllData NI, I'll release the new database program to be used in conjunction with AllData NI Batch.xls. A help file will also be created for it.

The batch version should be released shortly.

raybo
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
The download for AllData NI Batch version has been uploaded to the AllData website along with some explanations for the new stuff. Still gotta get with Harry and talk about batch processing so I can write the help file for that portion, but the equalized times and TPR ratings are in the new version.

Here's the link to the website, go to the AllData NI Batch page:

AllData (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/)

raybo
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Harry and I both found some minor bugs and added a couple of macro buttons on the "Batch" version, so, everyone who has already downloaded "AllData NI Pre2007 Batch.zip" need to re-download the fixed version. The name of the download is the same as it was, so, make sure you delete the original one or otherwise replace it with the new one.

The new one is uploaded to the "AllData NI Batch" page.

AllData Excel (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/)

raybo
12-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Another bug was reported by one of our users, involving "scratched" horses, from imported results files, showing up in the "Summary" views.

Harry fixed the bug and sent me the new version.

Please go to the AllDataExcel.Weebly.com site, "AllData NI Batch-Download" page and download the "fixed" version, "AllData NI Pre2007_Batch_v2.zip".

Also, check out a test I, and my racing partner, ran at Delta Downs yesterday, using the "fixed" version, AllData NI Batch v2. The test was for my own personal "auto-paceline selection" settings.

Screenshots of the test are in the process of being posted to my "AllDataExcel.Freeforums.org" site, in the "AllData Selections" section. I posted the 1st 5 races this morning and will be posting the remaining races this afternoon and evening.

Very close to being a "black box" method! Trust me when I say that the contender selections were done in "real time" yesterday. The results file was downloaded today to enable the screenshots being posted to the forum.

raybo
12-18-2010, 03:39 PM
The AllData Database release has been delayed due to some problems I encountered on my machine that Harry is not seeing on his. I'm not sure if it is an Excel version configuration problem or what.

I'll release it as soon as I can get it to run properly on my machine.

The Database runs in conjunction with AllData NI Pre2007 Batch v2, while running in "Batch processing" mode. The racecards are batch processed along with their respective results files, in AllData NI Batch, saved to an output file, then the output file is imported into the Database for analysis.

There are over 60 factors that can be filtered, as well as combinations of those individual factors. The database can be "sectioned" enabling both "historical" research, as well as running against "fresh" race cards for analysis of the viability of saved settings successfully carrying forward.

Harry (Hcap) has done a heck of a job on both AllData NI and the Database!

barshoe
12-19-2010, 03:14 PM
i need some help trying to use alldata must not doing something right .. cant get to work...went to the website and did everything and no luck..HELP HELP THANKS...

raybo
12-19-2010, 03:40 PM
i need some help trying to use alldata must not doing something right .. cant get to work...went to the website and did everything and no luck..HELP HELP THANKS...

Barshoe,

What problem are you having?

barshoe
12-19-2010, 04:32 PM
well i donwloader everything that i should cant upload my bris pp..

raybo
12-20-2010, 02:08 AM
well i donwloader everything that i should cant upload my bris pp..

make sure you have created 2 new folders on your C drive, named: tsn1, and, tsnresults1.

The path should be :

C:\tsn1
C:\tsnresults1

Then, in AllData NI, on the "Main" sheet, cells K2 and K3, the paths should look like this:

C:\tsn1\
C:\tsnresults1\

In AllDataBase, sheet "D", cells Z1 and Z2, the paths should be the same:

Place only "unzipped" race card files (.drf, or .mcp) in the tsn1 folder, and, only "unzipped" Exotic results files (.xrd) in the tsnresults1 folder.

Do not combine more than 1 year in either folder, unless you're absolutely sure that none of the files are named the same but are from 2 different years. This will cause errors in the importing of the files. If you have different years data from the same track, it's best to create 2 folders for each year and place the correct year's files in each. You can rename your data folders anything you want, but make sure you change the folder paths in both AllData NI and AllDataBase, so they import the correct years' data files. You could rename them something like:

tsn1_2009
tsnresults1_2009

and

tsn1_2010
tsnresults1_2010

Let me know if you still can't get the import to work.

raybo
12-20-2010, 02:13 AM
The new database, to work with AllData NI_Batch, named "AllDataBase_v1", has been uploaded on my AllDataExcel.weebly.com site, "AllDataBase" page, along with basic instructions on the operation of the database. There are screenshots, within the instructions, to make understanding them easier.

Have fun!!

barshoe
12-20-2010, 12:32 PM
THANKS...MERRY XMAS TO ALL...

raybo
12-23-2010, 09:14 AM
We found an error in AllData NI Batch after AllDataBase was released, that affected the placement of Brisnet's "E2" figure for distances under 5.5f. This affected the calculations for Harry's "P2" factor in AllDataBase.

So, please go to my website and re-download "AllData NI_Pre2007_Batch_v2" to get these corrections. "AllDataBase" does not need to be re-downloaded. We'll let it go a little farther in beta testing before uploading an update for it, the correction in AllData NI_Pre2007_Batch_v2 fixed the "P2" calculation error.

raybo
12-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Harry has sent me an update for AllDataBase, "AllDataBase_v3a". Please go to the AllData website and download it. We were having some error message issues due to a filter setting I had made and failed to clear before uploading the last version. I was filtering on "PEN" on the row directly below the main filter area, which meant that the query macro looked for only races from Penn National, if there were none then the error message was activated, "Copy and paste areas not the same size or shape". The new version has been set back to default values and PEN data erased, so that error shouldn't be a problem now.

We also had some problems with the naming of the 2 data folders for both workbooks, and the entering of the 2 "file folder paths" for those folders, in both workbooks. Just remember that you can name your folders anything you like, but, when you name them, DO NOT include the ending "\" in the folder name. However, when you enter the "file folder paths", in both workbooks, the ending "\" MUST BE included.

The default folder names, on your computer's "C" drive, are:

tsn1
tsnresults1

The default "file folder paths", in both workbooks, are:

raybo
12-28-2010, 12:03 AM
I have uploaded, to my website, an updated version of AllDataBase that runs in Excel 2007, as well as pre-2007 versions.

Pre-2007 users can download it and run it in it's .xls format, as is.

Excel 2007 users have the option to open it in 2007 and run it in .xls "Compatibility Mode". or, they can open it as .xls, then do a "Save as" and save it as .xlsm or .xlsb format, and take advantage of Excel 2007's increased limits and power.

Either way, it runs fine. Harry has fixed a few minor bugs in this new version also, so, the download is recommended.

raybo
12-30-2010, 04:03 PM
I've uploaded the latest version of AllDataBase, for all versions of Excel.

This update fixes the known bugs in the "Daily Play" method, which allows you to recall your models developed through research in AllDataBase, and use those models to spot plays for daily play, so you can actually use AllDataBase in handicapping races.

So, go to "AlldataExcel.weebly.com", click the "AllDataBase" tab, scroll down below the instructions and click the download.

raybo
01-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Go to my site, in the "AllData" forum, "AllDataBase" subforum, and you'll find a MS Word document that ought to get you started with AllDataBase, and might get you thinking , as well!

cklv
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
The word document I found was very helpful. I do have a question or two, on page 7 the text mentioned the factor BestL2 Comp2 returned a ROI of 45.9%, the top rank horse mentioned had an average of 8.1 for this facor. It looked to me that this should be 7.5 if I am reading the top column correctly. Is that correct?

Regarding a general question, I didn't understand the meaing of the 3 groups of numbers under each filter factor. What does the statement "winners' average ranking for each factor" mean. What is included in the average. For example, let's take the BestL2 Comp2 factor with the updated filters in the example, does that mean the horse with the best Best2 Comp 2 factor historically wins 28.8% of the time and retuned a 45.9% ROI.

This is a work in process for me. I was able to create the zzoutput files ok but had some problems with the all data model. When I tried to analyse, I got the debug message. I am going to retrace my steps using the new word docs and I think I can work it out. I need to say that I am enjoying every second I have the time to work on this. I hope to add some value to the team once I master your work of art.

Charles

raybo
01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
The word document I found was very helpful. I do have a question or two, on page 7 the text mentioned the factor BestL2 Comp2 returned a ROI of 45.9%, the top rank horse mentioned had an average of 8.1 for this facor. It looked to me that this should be 7.5 if I am reading the top column correctly. Is that correct?

Regarding a general question, I didn't understand the meaing of the 3 groups of numbers under each filter factor. What does the statement "winners' average ranking for each factor" mean. What is included in the average. For example, let's take the BestL2 Comp2 factor with the updated filters in the example, does that mean the horse with the best Best2 Comp 2 factor historically wins 28.8% of the time and retuned a 45.9% ROI.

This is a work in process for me. I was able to create the zzoutput files ok but had some problems with the all data model. When I tried to analyse, I got the debug message. I am going to retrace my steps using the new word docs and I think I can work it out. I need to say that I am enjoying every second I have the time to work on this. I hope to add some value to the team once I master your work of art.

Charles

My mistake, you are correct, I was looking at "Best L2 Comp", instead of "Best L2 Comp2".

Regarding a general question, I didn't understand the meaing of the 3 groups of numbers under each filter factor. What does the statement "winners' average ranking for each factor" mean.

When you filter a factor, all the horses in that sample are looked at. The stats for the top 5 ranked horses, in each factor, are returned, in the middle and bottom groups, in the "Analyze Utility". The top group, of 5 numbers, shows the average ranking that each of the top 5 finishers had for that factor. So, the top number would be the average ranking, in that factor, for all the winners in all the races in the sample. The 2nd to top number, in that factor, would be the average ranking for all the place horses, in all those races, etc..

does that mean the horse with the best Best2 Comp 2 factor historically wins 28.8% of the time and retuned a 45.9% ROI.

Yes. In the middle group and bottom group of numbers, you are seeing the top ranked horses for each factor, not the top finishers.

When I tried to analyse, I got the debug message.

There can be several reasons for getting the dreaded "copy and paste areas are not the same size or shape" error message. But, in my experience so far, this message pops up when you have query settings that do not return any plays, in other words you have asked the database to return data for plays and there are none found. Try opening up your factor settings slightly and see if that helps. If you continue to have the error, then it's something else causing that and I would, at that time, ask you to zip the workbook, as it is, and send it to me so I can run it myself and find the problem.

I'm glad you're enjoying, experimenting with the database, it can be a lot of fun! And, sometimes you'll learn things that you never would have believed.

I will edit the "Step 1" document so that my meanings are clearer.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

mikesal57
01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Raybo..

I get this when I open up all data...

happens in win 7 32 bit and win xp..

macros and active x is enabled...

hcap
01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Possible answer..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282847

When you open files that contain these programmability-related objects, the objects are removed, and you receive the following warning:

This workbook has lost its VBA Project, ActiveX Controls and any other programmability-related features.

If you disable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and run Microsoft Excel, several Excel features in the following categories are unavailable:

* VBA Projects, XLM Macro Code, and ActiveX Controls
* Uncompiled Add-ins (.xla files)
* Menu Items, Toolbar Buttons and Shortcut Keys related to VBA

Note You can disable VBA in two ways:

* By setting its installation setting to Not Available when you install Excel.
* By using the Disable VBA for Office Applications system policy.

http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1152398.htm

If you get this error because during the installation of MS Office 2007, "Visual Basic for Application" was not installed, try this

Change your installation of MS Office.

1. Close Excel if it is open.
2. In the Control Panel choose "Add or Remove Programs" (or Programs and Features in Windows Vista).
3. Select Microsoft Office in the list and click on the Change button.
4. Choose "add or remove features"
5. Select "Visual Basic for Applications" in the "Office Shared Features" list and set it to "Run from My Computer". Then click on the continue button.
6. After the installation is finished you will be able to use ASAP Utilities when you start Excel and see ASAP Utilities in the menu.

mikesal57
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
thxs hcap..it worked!!

when I originally installed office , I just chose word and excel and "x" everything else..

appreciated :)

mike

hcap
01-06-2011, 11:42 AM
thxs hcap..it worked!!

when I originally installed office , I just chose word and excel and "x" everything else..

appreciated :)

mikeI assume you are using Excel 2007 ? The batch program will run about twice as slow in 2007 than pre 2007 versions. (Have not tried it in Excel 97)

Make sure you download the latest version of ALLDATABase. Older versions will not work in 2007

Let us know how you do

raybo
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I had an idea that there was something wrong regarding macros. I know when I originally installed Excel 2007, I had a heck of time figuring out how to enable macros. Sounds like Mike has things worked out.

Thanks Harry.

Mike, hope you're up and running now. Let us know.

raybo
01-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I've added the start for "Step 2" of the instructions for AllDataBase. This step starts where step 1 stopped and shows how to name and save setups for recall later, either for further research/updating or for using in Daily Play.

The document is on my website: AllData Excel (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/)

Hover your mouse over the "AllDataBase" tab and click the sub-menu "AllDataBase Help Document"

raybo
01-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I've added to "Step 2" to include the very simple process for recalling previously saved setups/models, either for further research, or, for use in "Daily Play".

So, go to my site and download "Step 2.doc" again.

I'll start "Step 3" soon, which will cover the "Daily Play" method, using both AllData NI Batch and AllDataBase.

AllData Excel (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/)

punteray
01-13-2011, 12:35 PM
When I open the program it opens on "Sheet D", not the first page???

I might add that you have brought me BACK to Excel kicking and screaming but I like what I see so far!!

Punteray

hcap
01-13-2011, 01:14 PM
The program is built on some old stuff I used personally. Sheet "D" stood for Data.

There are some bugs that we are aware of, and will be addressed in the next version.
None appear to be fatal or to interfere with data analysis.

punteray
01-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the reply!!! Nother question

I have put some data files into the tsn1 folder but I do not have results for these files. Will the program work without them?

Punteray

hcap
01-13-2011, 02:03 PM
ALLData batch it is designed to work either way. Running with results will produce an output file to be imported into the database page sheet C in the ALLData base.

Running without results will produce an output file to be imported into sheet 2 in the ALLData base for use as a daily playing program.

A "1" typed in cell E110 on the main sheet will put ALLData batch into the daily mode. No results. When the program finishes running, (depends on he number of data files it processes), clicking the "OUTPUT" button will create and store a file in your results directory. ALLData base detects whether it is a database file or a daily file and imports it to the correct location.

raybo
01-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the reply!!! Nother question

I have put some data files into the tsn1 folder but I do not have results for these files. Will the program work without them?

Punteray

I assume you're still referring to AllDataBase. If you are trying to do research in the database then you have to have results for that research.

AllData NI works without results, for handicapping and processing race cards for use in the database for the "DAILY PLAY" method.

So, if you haven't processed race cards and results for those race cards, the database will not be of any use to you, because you need results in order to do your research and develop your "setups" or "models". Those "setups" can be named and saved and then recalled later to be used to develop plays for new race cards that you want to play "live" and make wagers.

I hope I haven't confused you even more than you were, if so, ask more questions --- :lol:

raybo
01-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Harry,

Did you get the email I just sent about the error I'm getting in the "IMPORT DAILY" macro? Don't know if I failed to follow all the steps or if it's a bug in the macro.

hcap
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Yes, just sent. I suspect erasing stuff on sheet 2 might be the case. It is not necessary at the moment at all. You might have erased some headings by mistake, that it needs to do the Import Daily routine. Just a guess.

raybo
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
I have uploaded "Step 3" which covers "DAILY PLAY" utilizing both AllData NI Batch and AllDataBase.

Click this link: ALLDATA EXCEL (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/) and hover your mouse cursor over the "AllDataBase" tab and click the "AllDataBase Help Document" sub-page, for the download.

jagerfury
01-15-2011, 07:41 AM
;)
:lol:

raybo
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I have uploaded the latest version of AllData NI Batch to the Alldata Excel (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/) site. I have also uploaded "Step 4" of the help documents, to the sub-page, under the "AllDataBase" tab, on that site.

Both deal with "manual processing mode" in the "Batch" program, allowing multiple cards to be manually processed before being exported to the "ZZDAILY.xls" file for import into AllDataBase, for "Daily Play".

In this version you can manually select pacelines, and, manually scratch horses, on multiple cards, before clicking the "OUTPUT" button to populate the "ZZDAILY.xls" file.

Harry is working on a new version of AllDatabase, also, making some improvements for "Daily Play", however, he will be "out of pocket" for sometime due to his going in for laser surgery, on both eyes, this week.

Will help a lot with "late" scratches, just before post time! You only have to change the races with late scratches in them, rather than having to re-process every race on the card.

We all wish him the best of luck with the surgeries and a great and speedy recovery!

raybo
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
New versions, for both workbooks, are near at hand! It's been a long road, sometimes extremely fun, sometimes extremely frustrating, but, I am of the opinion that these latest versions will, effectively, end the "Beta" phase for both workbooks.

Sure, there will probably be additional versions released in the future, but at the present time, I feel confident that both workbooks are about as good as it gets.

We have introduced the first, as far as I know, Excel handicapping spreadsheet that completely automates the importation of all the data in the Bris/TSN single file format data files.

We have also created what may be the very best database program, for Excel spreadsheet handicapping, available.

As soon as I know for sure that Harry and I have the exact same updated versions, I will release both workbooks, then I'll write "Step 5" of the help documents explaining what's new in these latest versions.

It's been quite a journey, I hope you've enjoyed the ride!!

raybo
02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I've uploaded both new workbooks.

Both new workbooks are "v10".

I'll write the help document for the latest features shortly.

Get them here: AllData (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/)

raybo
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I've updated AllDataBase_v10 with some cosmetic changes that I hadn't noticed before posting the version before. The new download has the same name as the original v10 download.

I've also written the "Step 5" help document, for the latest versions, and have sent it to Harry for him to check before I upload it here on the site.

punteray
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Ray

When I select "QUERY DATABASE" I get na error message saying : The information cannot be posted because the copy area and the paste area are not the same size???

Ray Scalise

raybo
02-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Ray

When I select "QUERY DATABASE" I get na error message saying : The information cannot be posted because the copy area and the paste area are not the same size???

Ray Scalise

See post #66 in this thread. Also, make sure your card and results folder paths are correct, in both workbooks.

punteray
02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I now followed your instructions(a new experience for me!!!) and checked the ZZOUTPUT in folder my tsnresults folder and it has data files that are not the files I exported from the batch program ie: I have data files for 9 race days at Santa Anita in my c:\tsn and c:\tsnreaults folders but when "Batch" creates the ZZOUTPUT files they have the "foreign files I referred to above, not the SAX files.

Ray

raybo
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I now followed your instructions(a new experience for me!!!) and checked the ZZOUTPUT in folder my tsnresults folder and it has data files that are not the files I exported from the batch program ie: I have data files for 9 race days at Santa Anita in my c:\tsn and c:\tsnreaults folders but when "Batch" creates the ZZOUTPUT files they have the "foreign files I referred to above, not the SAX files.

Ray

Make sure your race cards and results files folder paths read like this: C:\tsn1\
C:\tsnresults\

Note: the ending "\" must be at the end of both folder paths.

When you click "List Cards" and "List Results", in the batch program, are the correct cards and results files listed below those buttons? If they are, and you're trying to batch process both cards and results, did you click "With Results?"? and did you put the correct "Starting Card#" and "Ending Card#" in the "Race Card(s) Selection" box? If so, did you type a "1" in the "Batch Process" box? If so, after you clicked "Run Data" did the timer window appear? If so, the timer should have showed the total number of seconds it took to process all your cards and results (should be about 9 seconds per card, depending on which Excel version you're running and the speed of your computer). If all the above is correct, click "OUTPUT".

Now open your : C:\tsnresults folder and see if the correct files are in the "ZZoutput.xls" file, by opening it in Excel. If they aren't, zip your workbook, as it is, and email it to me at:

Raybo (rbaker0527@gmail.com)

If the correct files are in the "ZZoutput.xls" file then, close the batch program, open the database program and click "Import Database". Then click "Reset" (make sure the filter settings for "Distance" (cells B2 and B3) are 5000 and -1, then click "Query Database". If you still get the error, zip the database workbook and your "ZZoutput.xls" file, as they are, and email them to me.

punteray
02-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Not sure what you mean by "workbook"(I am 80 yrs old so some things just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip over my head)

Ray

raybo
02-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Not sure what you mean by "workbook"(I am 80 yrs old so some things just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip over my head)

Ray

"Workbook" is a collection of spreadsheets (worksheets).

"AllDataNI_Pre2007_Batch_v10.xls" is the name of the batch program "workbook".

"AllDataBase_v10.xls" is the name of the database program "workbook".

An Excel "spreadsheet" is actually an Excel "worksheet", which is contained within a "workbook". A "workbook" contains 1 or more "worksheets" like: "Main", "Alldata", "Summaries", etc..

So, when I said to "zip the database workbook", I meant to zip the database program, "AllDataBase_v10.xls".

raybo
02-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Here's the link for downloading "Step 5" of the help documents:
AlldataExcel.weebly.com (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/alldatabase-help-document.html)

It explains the changes made in version 10 of both workbooks.

punteray
02-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Ray

I e-mailed you the workbook as requested + some additional emails at rbaker529@msn.com.

I did not get any confirmations that you received any of them!!!

Is that a good email address?

Ray Scalise

raybo
02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Ray

I e-mailed you the workbook as requested + some additional emails at rbaker529@msn.com.

I did not get any confirmations that you received any of them!!!

Is that a good email address?

Ray Scalise

Ray,

I discontinued that email account, got hacked and emails were being sent to all my contacts, without my knowledge.

Try this one: Raybo (rbaker0527@gmail.com)

punteray
02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Ray

I tried opening "raybo" but I get a message "wrong protocol"

my email is punteray@yahoo.com. Please send me an email so I will have your email address.

Thanks

Ray

raybo
02-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Ray

I tried opening "raybo" but I get a message "wrong protocol"

my email is punteray@yahoo.com. Please send me an email so I will have your email address.

Thanks

Ray

Weird, link works fine on my machine.

Here's the email address: rbaker0527@gmail.com

punteray
02-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Ray

I sent you the requested files to your new e-mail

Ray

punteray
02-10-2011, 01:33 PM
FOUND MY PROBLEM!!!!

It was a short between the ears. No one told me it would be this way when I grew old!!!!!!

Ray Scalise

raybo
02-10-2011, 01:36 PM
FOUND MY PROBLEM!!!!

It was a short between the ears. No one told me it would be this way when I grew old!!!!!!

Ray Scalise

Ray,

Glad to hear you figured it out. If my instructions were not clear enough, please let me know so I can improve how I explain things.

I know what you mean about age, at 62, I'm a little off my previous best. :lol:

punteray
02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Ray

It was not your instructions, which are very good and clear. It was my interpretation of the downloaded files extensions. example kee1017r is a datafile while kee1017x is a results file. In my demented thinking the file ending in "r" is results, right---wrong, it is the data file!

Ray

raybo
02-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Ray

It was not your instructions, which are very good and clear. It was my interpretation of the downloaded files extensions. example kee1017r is a datafile while kee1017x is a results file. In my demented thinking the file ending in "r" is results, right---wrong, it is the data file!

Ray

Yeah those are the extensions for the Bris "zipped" files. The "unzipped" extensions are ".drf" and ".mcp" for data files and ".xrd" for results files.

punteray
02-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Ray

I am attempting to do the "daily" portion of the program. When i get to the 'scratch' portion I don't have a "SCRATCH" button. The following is what I have.

Ray Scalise

raybo
02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Ray

I am attempting to do the "daily" portion of the program. When i get to the 'scratch' portion I don't have a "SCRATCH" button. The following is what I have.

Ray Scalise

Ray,

There is no scratch button.

Type a "1" in the right hand column that says "Scratch?", on the same row as the horse you want to scratch.

The Bit
02-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem running AlldataNI and producing the output for AllDataBase.

Hitting List Cards and List Results properly list cards and results I have available. I'm using .drf cards and res results. The program will "run data" and produce past performances, but when I hit "run data" with results the hour glass shows up for about 5 seconds and than goes away and nothing else happens.

My starting card # is correct as is my ending card #. There is nothing in the daily play/with results box and a 1 in my batch process box.

It just will not put anything into my zzoutput file.

raybo
02-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem running AlldataNI and producing the output for AllDataBase.

Hitting List Cards and List Results properly list cards and results I have available. I'm using .drf cards and res results. The program will "run data" and produce past performances, but when I hit "run data" with results the hour glass shows up for about 5 seconds and than goes away and nothing else happens.

My starting card # is correct as is my ending card #. There is nothing in the daily play/with results box and a 1 in my batch process box.

It just will not put anything into my zzoutput file.

The Bit,

The "res" results files could be the problem. One of our other users had the same type problem and he was using files with the .res extension.

The only results files that work in AllData are .xrd format, which are Brisnet's "Exotic Results" files. The file extension, in itself, has nothing to do compatibility issues, it's the content and layout of the file that matters.

The Bit
02-19-2011, 08:55 AM
That was the problem. Now I can dive in. Thanks!

The Bit
02-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey Raybo,

When running a Laurel card in the AllData sheet, I noticed that a lot of the pace numbers don't compute or show up at all for the 1m and 1/16th distance. My guess is this happens because of the "about" designation or * next to the distance in the PP's.

The distance shows up as -8.50 in the PP's Alldata produces. I noticed the same thing with turf races with the about designation.

Anyway around this?

Thanks!

raybo
02-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Hey Raybo,

When running a Laurel card in the AllData sheet, I noticed that a lot of the pace numbers don't compute or show up at all for the 1m and 1/16th distance. My guess is this happens because of the "about" designation or * next to the distance in the PP's.

The distance shows up as -8.50 in the PP's Alldata produces. I noticed the same thing with turf races with the about designation.

Anyway around this?

Thanks!

The Bit,

I'm amazed this hasn't been caught before now. The "about" distances formulas failed to use absolute values in their calculations, thus the errors.

I've corrected the formulas and will upload the fixed version on my website.

The new download will be named "AllDataNI_Pre2007_Batch_v10(2).zip", so check the site and download it.

Sorry guys!!

The Bit
02-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Glad I could help! :)

And I certainly don't think you need to appologize to anyone.

raybo
02-19-2011, 03:30 PM
I've uploaded a new version of AllData NI Batch to my website.

Note: This version corrects distance calculations in the Pace Ratings velocities for "about" distance races. It also contains the "Pace Picture" graphic representation of the "PPG" method, to the right of the "Summary Past performances" view. Also, I have been working on a "Black Box" picks section to the right of the results area, on the "Summaries" sheet, this is still a "work in progress", so it will probably change in the future. I've checked a few cards with it and the ones I checked were not too bad.

shoelessjoe
02-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Great work with the pace picture graph

raybo
02-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Here's a shot, from a 22" monitor, showing the "Pace Picture" and the "Black Box".

cklv
02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I ran the batch on 50 race cards and everything seemed to work fine. I noticed that on the ALLDATA sheet (in the Batch model) starting with race #20, column F had a notation that said "noresults" in red. I ran card #20 by itself and was able to see the results for the last race in the summaries. Not sure how to interpret the message.

Also, the summary pace ratings always show the last race number which is usually #9 or #10. I was checking out the Pace Picture (good stuff) from the last race on the card and I couldn't find a way to go to say race #8. How would I do that if possible at this time. I realize the model is still in a beta format.

Charles

raybo
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
I ran the batch on 50 race cards and everything seemed to work fine. I noticed that on the ALLDATA sheet (in the Batch model) starting with race #20, column F had a notation that said "noresults" in red. I ran card #20 by itself and was able to see the results for the last race in the summaries. Not sure how to interpret the message.

Also, the summary pace ratings always show the last race number which is usually #9 or #10. I was checking out the Pace Picture (good stuff) from the last race on the card and I couldn't find a way to go to say race #8. How would I do that if possible at this time. I realize the model is still in a beta format.

Charles

I don't know what's going on with the "no results" problem. When you "batch process" multiple cards and results, there is a comparison made between the listed cards and the listed results. When cards exist without corresponding results files, the "no results" designation is supposed to appear on the same row as the card that is missing it's results file. I just checked my copy and it's acting weird too.

Maybe Harry can shed some light on this, as he wrote the code for this function.

raybo
02-24-2011, 04:30 PM
As for your other questions, I will check out the "race number" problem and see what's wrong with the formula.

In the existing version of, to get back to the "Race Selection" area, click the "Summary Past Performances" button, then click the "Past Performances" button, then click the "New Race" button.

In the next version there will be a "New Race" button at the top of the "Pace Picture" which will take you directly to the "Race Selection" area. I meant to do that on the last version but forgot.

raybo
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
As for your other questions, I will check out the "race number" problem and see what's wrong with the formula.

In the existing version of, to get back to the "Race Selection" area, click the "Summary Past Performances" button, then click the "Past Performances" button, then click the "New Race" button.

In the next version there will be a "New Race" button at the top of the "Pace Picture" which will take you directly to the "Race Selection" area. I meant to do that on the last version but forgot.

I just checked the "Summaries" sheet and the race number is changing properly for me.

Are you saying that when you click "New Race" to get back to the "race Selection" area, and click one of the race buttons, the race number in the Summary Pace Ratings is not the race you selected?

cklv
02-25-2011, 07:30 AM
I followed your instructions and I am able to view any and all races I choose. I forgot about the extra step of going to PP and selecting new race.

Thanks. - Charles

raybo
02-25-2011, 04:25 PM
The following are results from DeD for 2-24-2011. Bobby posted his AllDataBase picks on my forum, for that track, before the races started. He played 7 races and produced these 4 winners:

Race 1 --Wildcat Gypsy-------Diego Saenz----3.80 2.60 2.20

Race 3 --Mr. Rosebud---------Otto Flores-----44.40 19.60 10.60

Race 4 --Jacob V and G A-----Jansen Melancon----11.20 6.20 4.00

Race 5 --Run Like Rachel------Tracy J. Hebert------8.00 3.80 2.80

Nice job Bobby!!

Here's the link to his Alldatabase picks screenshot: http://alldataexcel.freeforums.org/delta-downs-t56.html

dartman51
02-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Ray, I have excel 2010. Which version should I be using?

Thanks

raybo
02-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Ray, I have excel 2010. Which version should I be using?

Thanks

Use the latest versions on my website, "AlldataNI_Pre2007_Batch_v10_3.zip" is the latest version of the batch program. "AllDataBase_v10.zip" is the latest version of the database program.

Let us know how they run in Excel 2010, nobody has tried that version yet and we're anxious to hear if it runs faster than it does in Excel 2007.

One of our users said that he loaded both programs on a flash drive and ran them in Excel 2007, which is installed on his hard drive, and it ran at the same speed as the pre 2007 versions. I haven't tried that method yet. But, when running them from my hard drive, Excel 2007 runs about 3 times slower than in pre 2007 versions.

punteray
02-26-2011, 01:12 PM
When setting up "setups" what is the minimum # of 'races played' needed for a good setup. I have one that has only 3 races shown and a win on all for 100%.

$1,000 to 1,180

Ray Scalise

raybo
02-26-2011, 04:07 PM
When setting up "setups" what is the minimum # of 'races played' needed for a good setup. I have one that has only 3 races shown and a win on all for 100%.

$1,000 to 1,180

Ray Scalise

There is no minimum. If you have several of these "small" setups, and recall each of them for Daily Play, if they all find picks you'll get all the picks, if only 1 finds a pick then you'll just get that pick, etc..

punteray
02-26-2011, 04:24 PM
ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION!!!

RAY

raybo
02-27-2011, 11:04 PM

Charles

Charles,

Harry is working on a new version that fixes the "no results" problem.

dartman51
02-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Use the latest versions on my website, "AlldataNI_Pre2007_Batch_v10_3.zip" is the latest version of the batch program. "AllDataBase_v10.zip" is the latest version of the database program.

Let us know how they run in Excel 2010, nobody has tried that version yet and we're anxious to hear if it runs faster than it does in Excel 2007.

One of our users said that he loaded both programs on a flash drive and ran them in Excel 2007, which is installed on his hard drive, and it ran at the same speed as the pre 2007 versions. I haven't tried that method yet. But, when running them from my hard drive, Excel 2007 runs about 3 times slower than in pre 2007 versions.

Ray, I have downloaded, installed both the programs on my machine and they work just fine. Running WIN 7 Ultimate 64 bit Quad Core, and they ran without a hitch.

Thanks so much. :ThmbUp:

TS

hcap
02-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Ray, I have downloaded, installed both the programs on my machine and they work just fine. Running WIN 7 Ultimate 64 bit Quad Core, and they ran without a hitch.

TSGlad to know 2010 apparently is a fix for some of the problems with 2007. The Batch program runs 2 1/2 times slower on my machine under 2007 than 2003. Approx 6-7 seconds per card under 2003. My machine is similar to yours.

The code to open all fields in the data cards is in vba and functions fine up until 2007. Then Microsoft blew certain aspects of vba that many users were quite happy with. Unfortunately 2007 also has a problem with Excels' advanced filtering feature, also heavy in vba, used extensively in AllDataBase. Seems fine with only a few thousand records but bogs down with anything more. So let us know how 2010 does with a years worth of data.

BTW, there are some features in 2007 that are much improved. I have been using it lately to build many large pivot tables. Quite fast and file size is much smaller than 2003

-Harry

raybo
02-28-2011, 01:34 PM

TS

Great!! We were hoping 2010 would help the 2007 inadequacies.

I love working in 2007, mainly because of the increased limits over previous versions. For example, if I need to nest many "IF" statements in a cell, in pre2007 I was limited to 7 "IF" statements and in order to write a formula that had 12 or 15 "IF"s, I would have to continue the first 7 in another cell, referencing the new cell as the last statement in the previous cell. In Excel 2007 I can put the whole formula in 1 single cell.

If pre2007 versions hadn't had only 256 columns, AllData would not exist, because there would be no need for it. You could just import a Bris data file directly and wouldn't have the need to use more than 1 row for a single horse's data. That horse's data would all fit on 1 row because 2007 has 16,384 columns. And, since I like to work horizontally with my formulas, I could have put all the stuff in the other worksheets, all on 1 worksheet, because I would never run out of horizontal room. Things would have been much simpler.

Take a look at the "Paceline Calcs" worksheet. I used up almost all the columns on that sheet, if I had gone into more depth with the calculations, I probably would have run out of horizontal room.

punteray
02-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Having trouble trying to change the date. what format should I use?

yr/mth/day or what?

Ray

raybo
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Having trouble trying to change the date. what format should I use?

yr/mth/day or what?

Ray

I assume you're talking about the top left-most factor in the filters section of AllDataBase, Main sheet. This date is changed by changing the internal Excel date in cell G26 and then modifying the formula in cell G25.

In cell G26, the Excel date of 37020 equates to 05/09/01, in traditional date format. So, if you wanted to change that starting date to 01/14/04, for example, you would have to type 38000 in cell G26. You will have to mess with that number to get the date you want to appear in cell A3.

The date in cell A2, the ending date, is calculated by the formula in cell G25. So, for example, if I wanted to have an ending date of 01/14/05 (1 year later than the starting date), I would have to change the formula to read: =G26+366

So, I'm adding 366 days to the starting date. Excel's internal date format is such that 1 equals 1 day. So, 37020 means 37020 days. I guess I need to figure out the formula for converting Excel dates into traditional dates, so the user could just type a date in a cell and the equivalent Excel date would appear in another cell, then you'd just have to type that equivalent Excel date into cell G26, and then add the number of days, to the formula in cell G25, you want to advance, for the ending date. Harry and I discussed this a while back but we didn't follow through, we thought that most users would not want to change the dates in cell A2 and A3.

windoor
03-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I just purchased the Microsoft Professional 2003 office ( I was using 2000) on the E-Bay for cheap. There are few upgrades over the 2000 edition that I think I will find useful.

If the 2010 edition would work even better, I'll move it to the top of my list of things to buy.

Harry recommended some books to help me get up to speed, and I'm slowly getting a handle on Excel. I still have a very long way to go.

Will there be an AllData that will take advantage of the increase of columns and power of the new office suite?

Regards,

Windoor.

raybo
03-02-2011, 12:00 AM
I just purchased the Microsoft Professional 2003 office ( I was using 2000) on the E-Bay for cheap. There are few upgrades over the 2000 edition that I think I will find useful.

If the 2010 edition would work even better, I'll move it to the top of my list of things to buy.

Harry recommended some books to help me get up to speed, and I'm slowly getting a handle on Excel. I still have a very long way to go.

Will there be an AllData that will take advantage of the increase of columns and power of the new office suite?

Regards,

Windoor.

Maybe Dartman51 will check out something for us. If he opens the workbooks in Excel 2010, then does a "Save as" and saves each workbook in the ".xlsm" (format for Excel 2007 and subsequent versions) or "xlsb" format (binary file format, for Excel 2007 and subsequent versions, btw, this ".xlsb" format is supposed to run faster than .xlsm), then opens the workbooks with the newly named extensions, in Excel 2010, and imports his cards again, he will be able to run the workbooks utilizing all 1 million+ rows and 16 thousand+ columns available in Excel 2010. He would not have to run the workbooks in "Compatibility Mode" but as an Excel 2010 workbook.

They will either work correctly, or not, in which case he will still have the original ".xls" versions on his computer.

dartman51
03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Maybe Dartman51 will check out something for us. If he opens the workbooks in Excel 2010, then does a "Save as" and saves each workbook in the ".xlsm" (format for Excel 2007 and subsequent versions) or "xlsb" format (binary file format, for Excel 2007 and subsequent versions, btw, this ".xlsb" format is supposed to run faster than .xlsm), then opens the workbooks with the newly named extensions, in Excel 2010, and imports his cards again, he will be able to run the workbooks utilizing all 1 million+ rows and 16 thousand+ columns available in Excel 2010. He would not have to run the workbooks in "Compatibility Mode" but as an Excel 2010 workbook.

They will either work correctly, or not, in which case he will still have the original ".xls" versions on his computer.

file:///C:/Users/Tom/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngRay, I looked, but I don't find either one of those as an option. Options to "SAVE AS" are:
Excel Workbook
Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook
Excel Binary Workbook
Excel 97-2003 Workbook
XML Data
Single File Web Page
Web Page
Excel Template
Excel Macro-Enabled Template
Text (Tab delimited)
Unicode Text
XML Spreadsheet 2003
Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook
CSV (Comma delimited)
Formatted Text (Space delimited)
Text (Macintosh)
Text (MS-DOS)
CSV (Macintosh)
CSV (MS-DOS)
DIF (Data Interchange Format)
SYLK (Symbolic Link)
Excel Add-In
Excel 97-2003 Add-In
PDF
XPS Document
Open Document Spreadsheet

If you see anything in that list that might work, let me know. :ThmbUp:

raybo
03-02-2011, 08:05 PM
file:///C:/Users/Tom/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngRay, I looked, but I don't find either one of those as an option. Options to "SAVE AS" are:
Excel Workbook
Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook
Excel Binary Workbook
Excel 97-2003 Workbook
XML Data
Single File Web Page
Web Page
Excel Template
Excel Macro-Enabled Template
Text (Tab delimited)
Unicode Text
XML Spreadsheet 2003
Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook
CSV (Comma delimited)
Formatted Text (Space delimited)
Text (Macintosh)
Text (MS-DOS)
CSV (Macintosh)
CSV (MS-DOS)
DIF (Data Interchange Format)
SYLK (Symbolic Link)
Excel Add-In
Excel 97-2003 Add-In
PDF
XPS Document
Open Document Spreadsheet

If you see anything in that list that might work, let me know. :ThmbUp:

Dartman,

The 2 highlighted options are the right ones. The "Macro-Enabled" one is the .xlsm format, the "Binary" one is the .xlsb format.

dartman51
03-02-2011, 10:25 PM
I did both workbooks, in both modes, and they work just fine. I did notice that the compatibility indication is gone on the new saved file. Also while saving the files it renamed something in the file. Didn't seem to have an effect on the program.

raybo
03-03-2011, 01:35 AM
I did both workbooks, in both modes, and they work just fine. I did notice that the compatibility indication is gone on the new saved file. Also while saving the files it renamed something in the file. Didn't seem to have an effect on the program.

"Res2" is the name of one of Harry's macros. If Excel changed that name to "_Res2", in every place "Res2" occurs, it won't affect anything, but if it only changed the name of the macro itself, and didn't change other places, in other macros, where the "Res2" macro is called, then eventually, when the right macro is run, an error message will pop up saying that the "Res2" macro doesn't exist. So, as long as you never get that error message, it's cool.

Glad to hear that the workbooks run correctly in Excel 2010, that's good news. Have you done imports in both of the newly saved workbooks? If so, can you estimate how long it takes to import 1 race card? In pre2007 versions of Excel it takes about 8-10 seconds per card. In Excel 2007 it takes about 3 times as long. I'm wondering if 2010 is faster than 2007.

dartman51
03-03-2011, 09:39 AM
"Res2" is the name of one of Harry's macros. If Excel changed that name to "_Res2", in every place "Res2" occurs, it won't affect anything, but if it only changed the name of the macro itself, and didn't change other places, in other macros, where the "Res2" macro is called, then eventually, when the right macro is run, an error message will pop up saying that the "Res2" macro doesn't exist. So, as long as you never get that error message, it's cool.

Glad to hear that the workbooks run correctly in Excel 2010, that's good news. Have you done imports in both of the newly saved workbooks? If so, can you estimate how long it takes to import 1 race card? In pre2007 versions of Excel it takes about 8-10 seconds per card. In Excel 2007 it takes about 3 times as long. I'm wondering if 2010 is faster than 2007.

Ray, with the XLSB format, it processed 1 file in 8.8 seconds. In the XLSM format, it took 9.67 seconds to process the SAME file. I have not yet used the DATABASE workbook, as I am a newbie to EXCEL and am still learning my way around. At 62, it's not easy to teach an old dog new tricks. :D
But, you guys are doing a great job and I certainly intend to learn. Keep up the good work. :ThmbUp:

raybo
03-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Ray, with the XLSB format, it processed 1 file in 8.8 seconds. In the XLSM format, it took 9.67 seconds to process the SAME file. I have not yet used the DATABASE workbook, as I am a newbie to EXCEL and am still learning my way around. At 62, it's not easy to teach an old dog new tricks. :D
But, you guys are doing a great job and I certainly intend to learn. Keep up the good work. :ThmbUp:

Dartman,

Well, that's encouraging! That's almost exactly what I experience in Excel 2000 and Excel 2002. Good news!

The database may slow down a bit. But, we'll wait and see after you progress to it.

If you have any operational questions, for either workbook, let us know.

We appreciate your efforts in testing NI Batch in Excel 2010!

raybo
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Alldata NI Pre 2007 Batch_v12 has been uploaded to my website on the "AllData Batch - Download page located here: http://alldataexcel.weebly.com

There are explanations for the updates below the download.

windoor
04-13-2011, 10:46 AM
I went ahead and purchased Office 2010 and saved the workbooks in .XLSB. I only have about 42 race cards to work with at the moment, but it processed them in 334 seconds (about 5.5 minutes).

AllData gave a error about a Macro, (renamed) but seems to be working fine.

Hope to have a decent sized database by the end of the month to test further.

Regards,

Windoor.

raybo
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
That's about 8 seconds per card, which is good. Yeah, the renaming of the macro is cool, probably because the workbook was saved as an .xlsb file and the macro probably called an .xls file.

cklv
04-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Ray,

Are you running in 32 or 64 bit. Is there a difference in processing speed.

Thanks.

charles

raybo
04-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Ray,

Are you running in 32 or 64 bit. Is there a difference in processing speed.

Thanks.

charles

I'm running 32 bit, dual core, 1 GB ram, Windows Vista.

8 seconds per card/result is about what Harry experiences with his 64 bit machine.

My machine runs them in about 12-13 seconds, probably due to low ram and my wireless home office network.

llegend39
04-14-2011, 11:06 AM
If I were to send someone thats using the all data pp's some previous Tam cards ,could they run them and then email the output? I dont have a version of Excel yet(working on it) PM me if anyone could help out thanks

windoor
04-14-2011, 02:17 PM
If I were to send someone thats using the all data pp's some previous Tam cards ,could they run them and then email the output? I dont have a version of Excel yet(working on it) PM me if anyone could help out thanks

You can get a copy of Microsoft Office Pro 2003 on the E-Bay between $40 and $60 depending on type. Always lots to choose from.

Regards,

Windoor.

llegend39
04-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks Ill look there

jeebus1083
04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Could AllData be modified so that the Horsestreet Pars are incorporated into the adjustments of times?

BIG49010
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Could AllData be modified so that the Horsestreet Pars are incorporated into the adjustments of times?

It is all open, if you have the brains to do it, it could be modified.

raybo
04-21-2011, 08:47 PM
It is all open, if you have the brains to do it, it could be modified.

Yes, it can be done, but includes a lot of work.

I used to use a par table, for all calls, all distances, all surfaces, and all tracks, a few years ago. I got the pars from some magazine, forget which one. But I had to work on the par table, putting it in alpha-numeric order so it didn't return wrong fractions. Then had to add a code that included track code, surface and distance for both the table, and, all the pacelines for every horse. I would then do a "lookup" on that new code, in the pacelines, which returned the fractional time pars from the par table, for manipulations of the data.

It was quite an undertaking.

I might undertake it again, but it wouldn't be free. :lol:

llegend39
05-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Anyone using all data could you explain to me how to scratch a horse? It says to type any character in the box-but then what? I cant get it to scratch Thanks

raybo
05-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Anyone using all data could you explain to me how to scratch a horse? It says to type any character in the box-but then what? I cant get it to scratch Thanks

Scratching a horse, in the "Past Performances", does not remove that horse from the "Past Performances" or the "Pace Ratings" views, it scratches that horse from the "Summaries" views, which means you won't see it in the "Pace Picture" or the "Black Box", either. Also, it removes the horse from the "Daily.xls" file, when you click the "OUTPUT" button, which is used by "AllDataBase", in "Daily Play" mode.

mmdorn
05-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Ray,

I am currently running Excel 2002 on my computer. I am interested in learning more about your all data black box. Where would I get a version and instructions for Excel 2002?

Thanks,

Mike

raybo
05-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Ray,

I am currently running Excel 2002 on my computer. I am interested in learning more about your all data black box. Where would I get a version and instructions for Excel 2002?

Thanks,

Mike

Go to this website: http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/

At the top of the page you will see several tabs. Move your mouse over the "AllData NI Batch - Download" tab. The download for AllData is on that page, but, if you hover your mouse over that tab you will see a sub-page named "AllData-NI Batch - Instructions". Clicking on that subpage will take you to the page with instructions for AllData NI Batch. So, download the program first, then open it up, then read the instructions and follow along in the program. You will have to create the 2 folders mentioned in the instructions, before you can import your own files.

The "Black Box", in the program, is on the "Summaries" worksheet, to the right of the "Summary Pace Ratings" and the "Results" and below the "Pace Picture".

If you have questions or problems, post them here. The version you will download will work with all versions of AllData, but was specifically designed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007.

raybo
06-23-2011, 11:40 PM
I have been working on a new Black Box that utilizes running styles, Quirin early speed numbers, pace pressure gauge, and fully adjusted fractional velocities, ala Sartin/Brohammer.

I posted the 3 Triple Crown Races's screenshots in another thread. The new BB had the Derby winner and the Belmont winner in the top 3 contenders.

I ran another test of the BB at Belmont a few days ago and the BB didn't perform well, but, after analyzing all the races I concluded that things weren't exactly running normally there that day, so, I decided to give it another test tomorrow, at Calder, a very difficult track to handicap.

I have posted screenshots of the 4 races from that card that the BB produced picks for. They are posted on my AllDataExcel forum, in the "Selections" forum.

Here's the link to the thread:
http://alldataexcel.freeforums.org/post735.html#p735

I'll try to repost them before post time with the late scratches included.

raybo
06-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Check the following link to AllData's forum for info on the next scheduled updates for both workbooks:

AllData News (http://alldataexcel.freeforums.org/new-versions-of-alldata-ni-batch-and-alldatabase-t108.html)

raybo
07-06-2011, 01:00 AM
The latest update for AllData NI Batch has been uploaded to my website.

This version works exactly the same as version 12, but, now has the capability to import JCapper data files, via HDW. To download the files you must subscribe to the monthly unlimited downloads plan.

See JCapper.com for more information on the "Silver" unlimited plan.

Here's the link to my website, for downloading "AllData_J1":

http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/alldata-ni-batch---download.html

raybo
07-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Due to an irreconcilable difference of philosophy with certain aspects of this forum, I will no longer participate here. This has been coming for quite some time and I feel it's time.

Please feel free to contact me through my website or forum regarding AllData or any other horse racing or Excel related topics.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Can you believe Raybo is leaving because OpenHorse.net paid me to advertise their product on my board?

That's exactly why he's leaving.

On a thread which OpenHorse.net created to talk about their product (a privilege granted to Authorized Advertisers), Raybo wrote the following (which has since been removed):

No thanks, go sell your stuff to some other dummy.I took issue with him going into an authorized advertiser's thread and writing something like that, considering he has NEVER tried the product in question.

And because I took issue with what he wrote, he's leaving.

I find this incredibly unfair. I have never impeded on raybo's ability to freely discuss any product or service he himself has tried nor have I ever impeded on his ability to discuss his own website and software (precisely because it is offered for free...ooops....wait a second...he accepts "donations"...I wasn't aware of this until now).

What raybo is saying is that I should pay thousands and thousands of dollars every year (not to mention the hours of my time devoted every day for moderation and maintenance) to run this website so that he can be able to post here for free, but when I am fortunate enough to land a paying advertiser, he should also be able to go in and shit all over that advertiser's thread when he hasn't even tried the product for himself.

I wish you good luck raybo, but I think you are seriously misguided.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Interesting that raybo has a "Donations" link on his website. Maybe I should go onto his site and badmouth his program without ever using it.

I wonder if he would look kindly upon that?

Irreconcilable difference of philosophy indeed... :lol:

raybo
07-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Interesting that raybo has a "Donations" link on his website. Maybe I should go onto his site and badmouth his program without ever using it.

Check again.

bcgreg
07-10-2011, 09:13 AM
This is really a shame...can't you work something out?

bcgreg

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Check again.Now it's even more interesting that you have removed the donations link after I posted about it...I won't even begin to speculate why.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2011, 11:24 AM
This is really a shame...can't you work something out?

bcgregWhat's to work out? I like raybo. I like that he offers his excel work for free. I like that he has a philosophy of sharing what he knows with others at no cost in order to help them become better players. I've shown him nothing but respect here up until this point.

bcgreg
07-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I like raybo. I like that he offers his excel work for free. I like that he has a philosophy of sharing what he knows with others at no cost in order to help them become better players.

Pretty meaningful words, imo.

bcgreg

raybo
07-13-2011, 03:36 PM

The reason my website had a donations page was due to a few users wanting to make donations to the project. The project has received less than $150 in donations during the whole time period that the project has been underway, and most of that came from 2 users.

I removed the donations page because the project has always been free and will always be free. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea, assuming I'm trying to make money from AllData. This was never a goal from AllData's inception to present.

I posted something in the other thread that was probably inflammatory, and you had the right to delete it. I never said that you didn't or shouldn't, you probably made the right decision in doing so.

However, you have chosen to go further, and disrespect me, by posting that deleted portion of that post, in the AllData section, even though all I said was that there exists an "irreconcilable difference of philosophy with certain aspects of this forum". I did not mention what that difference is, out of respect for the forum and you. I also stated that this decision, to leave the forum, has been coming for quite some time, due to events that have happened on the forum in the past, and which I will not mention here either, again, out of respect for the forum and for you.

I did not bad mouth you in any way, but you chose to do that to me and, in so doing, put a black mark on the AllData project.

My choice to refrain from participating in this forum is my right. You should at least respect that, and not have made the conscious decision to try to make me look like the bad guy here.

raybo
07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh, by the way, your removing the two links to AllData's website and forum from my signature line, was uncalled for, and does not reflect well on you or your forum.

Why didn't you remove Hana's links also? After all I was 1 of the 5 or 6 members here who got that whole thing off the ground, so maybe you ought to disassociate me with that organization, also.

Jeff P
07-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Ray,

The individual decision to participate or not participate is of course your right.

Paceadvantage is a community... about the only place on the web a guy like me can go in search of intelligently presentated ideas in the area of handicapping and betting.

As such I see Paceadvantage as a better more interesting community with participation from a guy like you than without.

Please consider sticking around and participating from time to time.

-jp

Nets
07-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Ray,

I agree with Jeff. If I see your name associated with a thread, I always make sure to see what you have posted. You have created and shared a wonderful program with all of us, and it would be a shame to lose your contributions to this site.

Gary

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey my man Raybo, the high road you can NOT take here. Nice try though.

After I edited your reply in that other thread, I considered it CASE CLOSED.

BUT, you had to come here and make that all too obligatory "I'm Leaving Speech," and in the process, leave everyone in he dark as to exactly why, giving the impression that *I* had somehow done you wrong, when nothing could be further from the truth.

This is your doing. I sent you a PM and was quite happy leaving everything private until you decided to come here and announce to the world that there is some sort of mysterious conflict between you and this site.

I don't like mysteries when it comes to this website, so I decided to follow your lead and go public with what had been up until this point, a private matter.

But hey, before you leave for good, could you please detail for all what exactly your problem is with this site and the way it is run. I want to hear just how ridiculous you can be.

raybo
07-13-2011, 10:58 PM
I felt I had an obligation to notify the members following the AllData project that I would not be posting in the AllData Free forum anymore, and that they could keep up with it on either of my sites. No ulterior motives.

They deserved a reason, I gave them one, without going into detail, which I felt was the appropriate thing to do. I didn't mention you at all. If anyone read that into my statement, I'm sorry, but I did what I thought was best and appropriate.

No, I will not go into specifics, as others have done that here with nothing good coming from it, so, you take that anyway you want.

headhawg
07-14-2011, 12:32 AM
The really sad thing here is that there are people posting on this site everyday who contribute nothing. And I mean nothing. Even worse than that, they detract from the PA community because they are a$$hats, or at least a$$hat wannabes. So it's bothersome to me that they get to spew their empty-headed rhetoric without penalty and a real contributor like raybo decides to leave over philosophical differences which really boils down to ad money.

I'm not posting this to ruffle feathers; just noting that things seem out of balance.

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2011, 03:17 AM
Does ANYONE know what Raybo's beef is about? Is he really pissed that I have paying advertisers?

I think we may have butted heads ONCE before this, again about something concerning advertisers, but we got over it and life went on.

I'm not going to apologize for having paying advertisers. I'm not as altruistic as Raybo I guess...although I'm thinking of maybe putting up a donations link... ;)

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2011, 03:19 AM
The really sad thing here is that there are people posting on this site everyday who contribute nothing.Are they breaking any of the terms of the board by doing so? If not, would it be fair to kick them off because you think they aren't contributing anything?

Bottom line: my private message box is accessible to all. If anyone has a suggestion, or a reason why you think someone should be booted, I'm all ears. Just drop me a line. I'm a very reasonable person, despite my bad press... :lol:

raybo
07-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Ok, here's the thing. I, personally would not accept any advertiser that advertises his/her product as something simple and easy, while charging for its use, when in actuality, it will not be simple and easy, it will cost the user over $200 and it only accepts entries and results data, which means the user must download or otherwise import thousands of entries and results, and spend extremely large amounts of time building up data for every individual horse that could possibly ever run at the tracks that user intends to play.

And that's just to get the data required into the database, then he/she must do all the myriad of other things required to actually use the program. My experience on this forum and others regarding the ability of many players to use software products of this complexity is, doubtful.

I apologize for making the post in the advertiser's thread, I should have just posed the question and not posted the derogatory statement, meant to warn users that the product might not be as simple and easy as the advertiser makes it seem.

There are many here who will spend the money and start going through the data collection and learning curve only to become frustrated at being unable to use it.

I have absolutely no problem with you, Mike, accepting paid advertisers as there is cost involved in a forum of this type, as well as much time to maintain it. I'm just saying that I personally would evaluate a potential advertiser's product, and make a determination as to what damage it might cause some of my members, before accepting them as a paid advertiser, which tends to be construed as your recommending the product they sell as exactly what is being advertised.

In this case I didn't need to use the free trial offered to know what would be involved in using the product.

headhawg
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Are they breaking any of the terms of the board by doing so? If not, would it be fair to kick them off because you think they aren't contributing anything?I wasn't suggesting that you do so, nor was I suggesting that you stop taking advertisers. I was just commenting on the state of the WorldWideInternetwork and its somewhat strange dynamic. More specifically I was thinking that 1 raybo = 1000 troll-like posters.

And personally I don't have a problem with advertisers. If they have a crap product or mislead customers they'll be found out soon enough, right here on PaceAdvantage.

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I have absolutely no problem with you, Mike, accepting paid advertisers as there is cost involved in a forum of this type, as well as much time to maintain it. I'm just saying that I personally would evaluate a potential advertiser's product, and make a determination as to what damage it might cause some of my members, before accepting them as a paid advertiser, which tends to be construed as your recommending the product they sell as exactly what is being advertised.

In this case I didn't need to use the free trial offered to know what would be involved in using the product.Do you believe that ads you see on the various TV networks should be construed as the networks recommending the product? I don't. So why would you apply that standard here?

And you yourself see that they offer a free trial, which is more than some other vendors offer.

Hopefully, we can move past this, but if not, I wish you nothing but the best and thank you for your contributions here over the years...

raybo
08-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Do you believe that ads you see on the various TV networks should be construed as the networks recommending the product? I don't. So why would you apply that standard here?

And you yourself see that they offer a free trial, which is more than some other vendors offer.

Hopefully, we can move past this, but if not, I wish you nothing but the best and thank you for your contributions here over the years...

Mike,

Regarding the first paragraph in the quote, I, and more than likely, most long time members here, hold you to a higher standard than a TV network. Otherwise, you would have advertisers that were offering products that are represented by misleading statements, regarding their product. I have never experienced that from your advertisers in the past and, therefore, assume that you screen advertisers prior to authorization. If this isn't the case then I apologize for making that assumption.

Yes, I was aware that a free trial was offered, prior to purchase, but as I stated, I did not need to use the free trial in order to reach the decision that the product would be very expensive, initially as well as ongoing, since the product does not allow the importation of past performance data, allowing the rapid and fairly inexpensive population of it's database. My evaluation from the initial information about the product was that the product would be very expensive and very time consuming for anyone not already possessing thousands of entries and results files for the tracks they play.

I have already apologized for the negative remark I made in the advertiser's thread. I was wrong and you were correct in removing it.

My posting in the AllData section, about no longer participating in this forum, was not meant to be offensive towards you or this forum, which I still believe is the best horse racing forum on the net. If you or anyone else found it offensive, then I apologize for that, also. I was simply notifying AllData users, as well as anyone who has interest in it now, or might have in the future, that they could find me, and information about AllData, via the AllData website or the Excel handicapping forum.

I have spent much time, since this incident, thinking about whether or not my decision to stop participating in the PA forum was made in haste, and driven primarily by emotion. I now feel that the decision was, indeed, made in haste and was driven by my emotions at that time.

I would like to move forward and put this unfortunate incident behind me. If you are agreeable, and accept my sincere apology, I hope we can put all this in the past and move on.

I, also, want to apologize to the advertiser, whose product I degraded, and to this entire forum, for creating that whole situation in the first place. I promise to try my best to never repeat the mistake in the future.

gl45
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
A man with high degree of class... :ThmbUp: . I'm sure there are many out there, here, I'm not so sure.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2011, 09:47 PM
I would like to move forward and put this unfortunate incident behind me. If you are agreeable, and accept my sincere apology, I hope we can put all this in the past and move on.I've already stated I am willing to do as much. Not a problem...

raybo
08-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I've already stated I am willing to do as much. Not a problem...

Thanks Mike.

Onward and upward!

headhawg
08-13-2011, 09:48 AM
I have a feeling that he will return but that's just speculation on my part.If only I could pick horses like this. :) Welcome back raybo.

raybo
08-13-2011, 11:02 AM
If only I could pick horses like this. :) Welcome back raybo.

Thanks! I missed this place.

maddog42
08-20-2011, 12:07 AM
If only I could pick horses like this. :) Welcome back raybo.

Welcome back Raybo !!!!!
I'm a little slow on the realization that you are back. I tend to Zoom-in on the threads that I have been posting on, to the exclusion of others. This Forum is
better with you back, and is truly the BEST on the Web.

raybo
08-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Maddog,

Thanks!!

BIG HIT
08-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Glad your back pace advantage and you.Are a couple guy's never would have meant if not for computers which i terrible with.Two men that both man up and solve thier difference and move on.Maybe the country leaders should check out pace advantage on how to be leaders LOL.

raybo
08-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks to one of our users we have discovered a problem with AllData NI Batch and AllData_J1. It shows up on race cards that have a large number of horses. The card we found it in was the Saratoga card for 8/27/2011. In the Travers, race 12, only 7 horses were processed, and only one horse was processed in race 13. One of the macros in the workbook was set to look at 2000 records in the raw data file, that's about 133.33 horses. On the Saratoga card, the first 11 races had 127 horses entered, which meant that in race 12 the macro wold only look at the first 6+ horses.

Harry found the problem and passed it on to me. I have made the change to AllData_J1 on the AllData website. For those of you who already have AllData_J1, or any of the earlier versions of AllData NI Batch on your computer, you can make the change very easily, and don't need to re-download the workbook. Here's what you need to do to fix the problem.

Open AllData and go to the "Summaries" worksheet. Scroll up to the top of the worksheet, then scroll to the right until you can see column "DS". Click in cell "DS6", then look up in your formula bar, just above the column labels and you'll see the following formula there:

=COUNTIF(DL1:DL2000, ">0")+1

In that formula, change the "DL2000" portion to "DL3500". Then click the green check mark to the left of the formula. Then save your workbook.

The corrected formula should look like this:

=COUNTIF(DL1:DL3500, ">0")+1

That's all it takes to fix the problem.

If you have problems making the correction, let us know here or by email.

By the way, the "Pace Picture" and the "Black Box" had the winner in the Travers, using the default paceline settings. Of course, it was the post time favorite, but what the hey, at least you could have said you had it. :lol:

As a matter of fact, the "Black Box" had 3 of the top 4 finishers in the Travers, in it's top 4 picks. Only missed the place horse.

raybo
09-01-2011, 08:48 PM
The latest update to "AllData_J1.xls" is uploaded on the AllData website. The download fixes a couple of formulas on the "Summary Distance Equalizations and Pace Ratings" view.

Here's the link to the download page, on the site (scroll down to the bottom of the page for the download):

AllData NI Batch - Download page (http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/alldata-ni-batch---download.html)

jeebus1083
11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Raybo,

We exchanged e-mails awhile back regarding this, and you disagreed at the time, but I have to maintain my stance on this: The cells for the positional points of call are not consistent with the cells for the fractional points of call, and will result in the inaccuracy of the Sartin data. I compared the data to the Points of Call index in the Brisnet library, and found this discrepency.

Past Performances are generally presented as 5 positional calls: Start, 1st Call, 2nd Call, Stretch Call, and Finish. Depending on the distance, the positional calls change. Since Sartin information is extracted from the 1st, 2nd, and Finish positional calls, you have to use the appropriate fractional calls that match the positional calls, otherwise, the positions/beaten lengths will not be accurate for the point of call.

I took the liberty of making the appropriate changes to my version of AllData, and they now come out right. Races that are less than 6F will be blank, as the 1st positional call is for the 3/16 call, and the 1st fractional call is the 1/4 mile - there is no 3/16 fraction recorded. Also, races greater than 1 3/4 miles (same distance as the BC Marathon) also come up blank, since there is no way to fit the appropriate positional/fractional data correctly beyond that. Besides, there are not many everyday races that run marathon distances.

I made changes to the 1st call/2nd call/Finish call distance by feet in the "Distance Equalization" tab to reflect the changes made in AllData.

If you wish, I can e-mail you my version of AllData, complete with changes, and you can be the judge. However, I stand by my claim that the Sartin calculations in my modified version are correct, and the calculations in the version available for download off of your site are inaccurate.

raybo
11-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Raybo,

We exchanged e-mails awhile back regarding this, and you disagreed at the time, but I have to maintain my stance on this: The cells for the positional points of call are not consistent with the cells for the fractional points of call, and will result in the inaccuracy of the Sartin data. I compared the data to the Points of Call index in the Brisnet library, and found this discrepency.

Past Performances are generally presented as 5 positional calls: Start, 1st Call, 2nd Call, Stretch Call, and Finish. Depending on the distance, the positional calls change. Since Sartin information is extracted from the 1st, 2nd, and Finish positional calls, you have to use the appropriate fractional calls that match the positional calls, otherwise, the positions/beaten lengths will not be accurate for the point of call.

I took the liberty of making the appropriate changes to my version of AllData, and they now come out right. Races that are less than 6F will be blank, as the 1st positional call is for the 3/16 call, and the 1st fractional call is the 1/4 mile - there is no 3/16 fraction recorded. Also, races greater than 1 3/4 miles (same distance as the BC Marathon) also come up blank, since there is no way to fit the appropriate positional/fractional data correctly beyond that. Besides, there are not many everyday races that run marathon distances.

I made changes to the 1st call/2nd call/Finish call distance by feet in the "Distance Equalization" tab to reflect the changes made in AllData.

If you wish, I can e-mail you my version of AllData, complete with changes, and you can be the judge. However, I stand by my claim that the Sartin calculations in my modified version are correct, and the calculations in the version available for download off of your site are inaccurate.

What I did in AllData, when the calls' distances differed from the fractional times distances, I defaulted to the fractional times distances. So, in a 5f race, the 1st call is at 3/16 and the 2nd call is at 3/8, but when you look at the fractional times, they are at the 1/4 and the 1/2, so, I used 1/4 and 1/2 as the call distances, otherwise you have a discrepancy between the calls and the fractional times. In my opinion, it is better to have a velocity for these fractional times than to have nothing at all for them.

Is this what you are referring to?

jeebus1083
11-10-2011, 06:58 AM
What I did in AllData, when the calls' distances differed from the fractional times distances, I defaulted to the fractional times distances. So, in a 5f race, the 1st call is at 3/16 and the 2nd call is at 3/8, but when you look at the fractional times, they are at the 1/4 and the 1/2, so, I used 1/4 and 1/2 as the call distances, otherwise you have a discrepancy between the calls and the fractional times. In my opinion, it is better to have a velocity for these fractional times than to have nothing at all for them.

Is this what you are referring to?

I should have specified in my initial response that the erroneous data was coming from route races, but failed to do so. I'm fine with what you did there (and will have to go back and fix), but when you cross over to route races, you get some problems. AllData processes the raw times using the 1st Fraction/2nd Fraction/3rd Fraction cells, which would be fine, but when you get to races 1 1/8M or greater, those fractional time cells do not align with the positional points of call.

Ex: In a 1 1/8M race, the 1st positional call is the 1/2, and the 2nd positional call is the 3/4. For some reason, AllData processes the 2nd fractional call time (3/4) as the 1st call, and the stretch fractional call (mile) as the 2nd call time. Because of this, the feet per traveled in distance is also incorrect.

To solve the problem, I ditched using the 1st/2nd/3rd fraction cells in the formulas. For the appropriate calls, I used the 2f/4f/6f/8f cells where appropriate and wrote the formulas as such. I also changed the feet traveled to reflect the positional points of call. I may have had to modify the position formulas, but I don't remember at this point. They now align just right.

I will send you the sheet tonight.

jeebus1083
11-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Raybo, check your e-mail. It explains everything, and my version of the sheet (with said modifications) is also attached.

raybo
11-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Raybo, check your e-mail. It explains everything, and my version of the sheet (with said modifications) is also attached.

Thanks, Tim, I'll get to it as soon as time allows!

jeebus1083
11-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Sorry to beat the horse (figuratively speaking :))... I did find (and fix) and error on the pace pressure gauge in your "Pace Picture"... The 2nd component of the pressure gauge are just the E horses with 5+ QSPs, not all E horses regardless of QSP points.

Needless to say, that is now fixed!

raybo
11-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry to beat the horse (figuratively speaking :))... I did find (and fix) and error on the pace pressure gauge in your "Pace Picture"... The 2nd component of the pressure gauge are just the E horses with 5+ QSPs, not all E horses regardless of QSP points.

Needless to say, that is now fixed!

Tim,

Is the "E horses with 5+ QSPs" a recent change? I have not bought Randy's books but tried to reproduce information that was "public knowledge" on his website, for free, and not copywrite protected (to my knowledge). I could swear that, originally, the second number was the number of "E" horses, with no Quirin minimum applied.

If that is now true, I will make the changes to AllData.

Thanks again, for the "heads-up"!

jeebus1083
11-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Tim,

Is the "E horses with 5+ QSPs" a recent change? I have not bought Randy's books but tried to reproduce information that was "public knowledge" on his website, for free, and not copywrite protected (to my knowledge). I could swear that, originally, the second number was the number of "E" horses, with no Quirin minimum applied.

If that is now true, I will make the changes to AllData.

Thanks again, for the "heads-up"!

From PaceAppraiser.com:
Please note that the second number in the gauge represents velocity, which is the number of one dimensional early pace horses with 5 or more speed points. The higher the numbers in each category (pressure and velocity) the more likely the winner will be a P/C or C.

raybo
11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
From PaceAppraiser.com:

Ok, that's where I originally got the information, but remember the statement as not requiring 5+ points for inclusion, possibly Randy edited that statement after I read it(?).

raybo
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I started a live test of the "RS" program (running styles/fractional velocities), at Calder last week and am continuing it for today's card.

For those of you who have been following these tests, the posted screenshots are located in the "Selections" forum at "AllDataExcel.freeforums.org".

Here's the link to today's test: http://alldataexcel.freeforums.org/crc-11-18-2011-live-test-t158.html

Note: You may have to "refresh" your browser several times in order to view all the screenshots. I still haven't figured out why they don't all appear at the same time.(?)

PS: We'll see how the program handles "off" tracks, as today's track will be sloppy or muddy, and the turf race, in race 6, has been taken "off-turf". There are quite a few scratches today, also, so don't expect too many "boxcar" mutuels in the shorter field races.

Tom
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
I thought the first number was the number of horses with 5+ QSP and the second number was the number of one-dimensional E horse, no QSP required?

I could be wrong....

raybo
11-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I thought the first number was the number of horses with 5+ QSP and the second number was the number of one-dimensional E horse, no QSP required?

I could be wrong....

Me too, I guess Randy changed it since I read about it.

Kinda makes sense, as an E horse with a low Quirin, is not as prone to setting a fast pace. And, that's a major point of the pace pressure gauge, to see if there will be pace matchups that cause a fast early pace, that will tire the early horses and favor a later horse.

raybo
11-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I've opened up the "Chat" on my forum to discuss the Calder card and screenshots today. So, if the RS program interests you or you just want to chat live, join me.

raybo
11-20-2011, 02:00 PM
we're 4 for 4 in the first 4 races at Calder today, come join us in the "Chat" on our forum.

raybo
11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
We had a good day today at CrC with 6 winners in 9 races, 2 exactas, 2 pick 3s, and a $64 horse in the last race. Unfortunately, most of our winners were bet down and went off a low odds. We still had an ROI of 2.41 for the day.

Probably will do it again tomorrow, join us in our Chat for live commentary and discussion. Post time is around noon. I'll post screenshots of the races in our "Selections" forum on the AllDataExcel.freeforums.org site.

jeebus1083
11-21-2011, 06:49 PM
We had a good day today at CrC with 6 winners in 9 races, 2 exactas, 2 pick 3s, and a $64 horse in the last race. Unfortunately, most of our winners were bet down and went off a low odds. We still had an ROI of 2.41 for the day.

Probably will do it again tomorrow, join us in our Chat for live commentary and discussion. Post time is around noon. I'll post screenshots of the races in our "Selections" forum on the AllDataExcel.freeforums.org site.

Did you fix the FPS calculations per my previous observation?

raybo
11-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Did you fix the FPS calculations per my previous observation?

Not yet, but I will, been busy with the RS program but I think the testing phase is over now.

decker91
11-28-2011, 10:48 PM
what Do I need to get started with this program?

raybo
11-29-2011, 07:25 AM
what Do I need to get started with this program?

decker91,

The "RS" program has not been released yet. I have sent copies of it to only 4 members to do a beta test on it, at different tracks.

When the testing is finished the program will be made available to a small group of members, in order to help protect the odds on the program's picks.

This program will not be made "publicly available" for free, like AllData_J1 or AllDataBase. It will be made available to only a small number of long time AllData users and those who have actively participated in the Project's evolution. If I did make the program publicly available, the odds on it's picks would drop significantly, making the program useless.

jeebus1083
11-29-2011, 06:02 PM
This program will not be made "publicly available" for free, like AllData_J1 or AllDataBase. It will be made available to only a small number of long time AllData users and those who have actively participated in the Project's evolution. If I did make the program publicly available, the odds on it's picks would drop significantly, making the program useless.

Ray,

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but does PaceAdvantage really have THAT MUCH of an influence on the toteboards of North America's racetracks?

raybo
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Ray,

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but does PaceAdvantage really have THAT MUCH of an influence on the toteboards of North America's racetracks?

I have no idea. Just erring on the safe side.

jeebus1083
11-29-2011, 09:30 PM
I have no idea. Just erring on the safe side.

Fair answer. Again, I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$. Looking forward to the new sheet if I'm lucky enough :)

dukeofperl
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM

CSVtrimmer and EasyTask, both freeware, have a new download home.

http://myweb.cableone.net/skunkcreekcrew/freeware.html

Duke

raybo
01-29-2012, 01:04 PM
I have uploaded the latest updated version of AllData_J1, in .xls format, for pre-2007 versions of Excel, and also in .xlsb format, for Excel 2007 and subsequent versions of Excel. The downloads can be found here: http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/alldata-ni-batch---download.html

These new versions correct some velocities errors, an age miscalculation, fractional times calculations on the "Distance Equalization" sheet, as well as 2 calculations in the "Summary Distance Equalized Times and Pace Ratings" view for today's 1st call and 2nd call times. I also modified slightly the rankings area to the right of the "Summary Equalized Times and Pace Ratings" view.

As a side note, you might want to check the "EPR", "PPF" and "TEPF" rankings in the rankings area mentioned above. These 3 columns appear to be very accurate in pointing to not only the winner but the other finishers in exactas, trifectas and superfectas. "EPR" is valuable in very short races, 5f, 5.5f, and 6f, while "PPF" is valuable for distances where finishing ability is important, 6.5f, 7f, 7.5f, where 2nd call to finish is longer than 1/4 mile, and routes where the 2nd call to finish is more than 1/4 mile.

So, if you are using Excel versions prior to 2007, download the .xls.zip file. If you are using Excel 2007 or subsequent, download the .xlsb.zip file.

dartman51
01-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Raybo, just wanted to say thanks for your continued support and improvement of this program. Very generous of you. :ThmbUp:

raybo
01-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Raybo, just wanted to say thanks for your continued support and improvement of this program. Very generous of you. :ThmbUp:

Thank you dartman, I appreciate it!!

I might point out that the heads-up, and correction formulas, on the velocities and age errors came from a long time friend and Excel user named Tim (jeebus1083).

Thanks Tim!! Guys like you make my job much easier.

Handiman
01-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Ray..... will this work in open office? I don't have Excel and would like to take a look at your work.

Handi:)

raybo
01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Ray..... will this work in open office? I don't have Excel and would like to take a look at your work.

Handi:)

No, OO doesn't recognize VBA, it uses script language or something. They say OO is compatible with Excel, but I assume that's only in a very basic way. AllData is way too complex for OO.

If you'll email me your mailing address, I may have a solution for you.

jeebus1083
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
No problem, Ray. Glad to help.

Thank you dartman, I appreciate it!!

I might point out that the heads-up, and correction formulas, on the velocities and age errors came from a long time friend and Excel user named Tim (jeebus1083).

Thanks Tim!! Guys like you make my job much easier.

raybo
02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
My latest project is the AllData RS black box. It's been in beta testing for a while but is now available. Email me if you're interested.

raybo
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM
RS screenshot for the Derby. I had to use a GP database because I didn't have a database for CD, but IV and the graph would have been the same regardless of the database used.

raybo
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Here's the Preakness screenshot from RS:

raybo
05-19-2012, 12:49 PM
After adding a couple of other cards and results to my Pimlico database, we now have a primary "FWC" play for this race. Here is the updated screenshot after including the other file to the database:

douglasw32
05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
My Top 3- You having them also Makes me feel better =)

105 01| 07 |EE | 8 | BODEMEISTER | Fast pace; gamely 8/5
105 01| 09 |EP | 5 | I'LL_HAVE_ANOTHER | 4 wide 1/4 pole 5/2
092 01| 06 |PP | 2 | CREATIVE_CAUSE | In close 7/8; 8w 1/4 6-1

raybo
05-19-2012, 01:56 PM
My Top 3- You having them also Makes me feel better =)

105 01| 07 |EE | 8 | BODEMEISTER | Fast pace; gamely 8/5
105 01| 09 |EP | 5 | I'LL_HAVE_ANOTHER | 4 wide 1/4 pole 5/2
092 01| 06 |PP | 2 | CREATIVE_CAUSE | In close 7/8; 8w 1/4 6-1

Cool!

The horses that worry me are 1-Tiger Walk, 4-Zetterholm, and 8-Daddy Nose Best. My graph has the 1 winning this race, but he is a deep closer and the pace must collapse first. 4 is another one that would profit from pace collapse. 8 had trouble in the Derby but was moving up well prior to that. Improving? He should be well rested after that "non-effort" and if he was, indeed, showing good 3 year old improvement early in that race, he might just surprise a bunch of folks.

raybo
05-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Well,well! FWC had the box exacta and box trifecta. We couldn't place win wagers on Bodemeister at less than 3/1 odds, but we could bet I'll Have Another and Creative Cause, IHA paying $8.40 making us $4.40 profit and an ROI of 2.10. Pretty good if you were betting $1000 on them :eek:

The superfecta was gettable also, from FWC and the FV rankings. Here's what it would have taken to get it:

7,6,9 (FWC top 3)
7,6,9 (FWC top 3)
7,6,9 (FWC top 3)
7,6,9,4 (FWC top 3 + FV top 3 (7,6,4))

here's the link to the charts: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant_pdf.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=PIM&date=2012-05-19&race=12

douglasw32
05-20-2012, 09:02 AM
I bet the 6 to place =(

raybo
05-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, I really thought that if Bode won IHA would finish out of the money, and if IHA won then Bode would finish out of the money, so the 6 on the place wouldn't be hard to see.

These are 2 very good horses. Can't wait for the Belmont!!

raybo
06-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Well, with all the crap that took place before the Belmont, I was really undecided as to whether it was even worth playing. But, my girlfriend really got into pedigrees right before the Preakness and studied her butt off for the Belmont so how could I not place her bets at least? Anyway, I played it basically the same way I played the Preakness, several $1 and $2 straight supers, a $1 key super with Dullahan in all 4 finishing positions, and a 10 cent multiple win horse saver super ticket, with 4 horses boxed along with 2 added to the show line and another added to the 4th line. That ticket saved our butts again, like in the Preakness, and we made about $20 on the race, net.

I used a combination of the RS Black Box picks and a couple of horses that my girlfriend gave me on pedigree.

Here's the winning ticket, Union Rags and Paynter were pretty much no brainers on the win and place lines, and her pedigree horses gave me the show and 4th finishers.

raybo
06-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Fred, an AllData J1 and RS user, has agreed to share some work he did to his version of "J1". He added 3 new worksheets named: "Form", "Odds", and "Print". The names are self explanatory, "Form" calculates form points, "Odds" creates a fair oddsline guide for value betting, and "Print" puts all that, and more, on one page for easier printing and taking with you to the track or OTB.

The download for the new workbook named: "AllData_J1_Custom_PrintSheets_v5.xls" is located on my website, at the bottom of the page located here: http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/alldata-ni-batch---download.html

Post your questions or comments here or on the AllData Excel forum.

Thanks Fred!!!

lsosa54
06-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Great of Fred to share. It took a lot of work. I think it's great stuff.

raybo
06-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Yes it is , and yes it did, and I do too!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

raybo
06-12-2012, 11:18 AM
I have decided to give Fred's custom J1 workbook a special presence on my forum. That is located here: AllData J1 Custom PrintSheets workbook (http://alldataexcel.freeforums.org/alldata-j1-custom-printsheets-version-f16.html)

All discussion about that program can be made here, or, on my forum, at the link.

Thanks!!

raybo
07-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Haven't done much posting lately due to my working out the bugs on the new "RS" pivot table version. This version of RS gets rid of the 20 PPG worksheets and ALL of the "advanced filter" processes. Advanced filtering is something of a power hog, especially in Excel 2007, which doesn't like it at all.

The pivot table version combines all the data, previously accumulated on 20 separate "PPG" worksheets, into a single pivot table on it's own worksheet. The result is a workbook that processes a single card and results file in 23 seconds, versus 60 to 90 seconds in the existing workbook. In batch processing mode the pivot table version, again, processes each card and results file in about 23 seconds versus 30-60 seconds in the existing workbook.

This new version works especially well while in "auto-record" mode, imprting and processing cards and results, recording the program's resulting "auto-played" primary method (FWC picks) in the "Record Keeping" sheet, deletes the oldest card from the database and adds the new card to it, all in the same 23 seconds or so.

So, track testing for profitability potential will be done much quicker with the pivot table version. It also allows the database to be updated more often which makes the auto-record method work exactly like it does when playing live and manually updating the database, a more accurate analysis of each track you test. The previous method updated the database, in auto-record mode, only after all the cards and results were processed, while in live play, the database is updated after each card is imported and recorded.

This new version should be ready soon, as I'm still testing it for bugs (pivot tables a re a little picky regarding the data in the database, it must be completely clean or the pivot table creates some empty columns or rows which screws with the summarizing formulas, a real pain in the behind.

So, when it's ready I'll send it out to all RS users.

We also have had some user added work posted lately that is quite exciting, form points, class analysis, odds lines etc., for the J1 workbook, and alternate user selected picks and odds requirement methods and a Kelly betting ability, for the RS program, that has me quite pumped. I just hope I can find the time to get some of this stuff incorporated into the workbooks.

It's great to have some really knowledgeable Excel users contributing to the AllData Excel Spreadsheets community.

Thanks guys!!

Here's a track test for Calder that I just completed, while testing the new pivot table version in the "auto-record" mode. So far it looks much better than the one I did for 2011, which had a 0.90 ROI for the whole meet (April through November. This test includes only June and July but looks very promising.

I've highlighted some sections of interest in the screenshot:

Partsnut
07-24-2012, 10:40 AM
raybo:

Fred, an AllData J1 and RS user, has agreed to share some work he did to his version of "J1". He added 3 new worksheets named: "Form", "Odds", and "Print". The names are self explanatory, "Form" calculates form points, "Odds" creates a fair oddsline guide for value betting, and "Print" puts all that, and more, on one page for easier printing and taking with you to the track or OTB.

Hats off to Ray and Fred. The new additions are an excellent piece of work.
Thanks for sharing. In my humble opinion, they have far reaching implications in the handicapping process. Nice work.

raybo
07-24-2012, 01:10 PM
raybo:

Hats off to Ray and Fred. The new additions are an excellent piece of work.
Thanks for sharing. In my humble opinion, they have far reaching implications in the handicapping process. Nice work.

Thanks Bill!!

Haven't heard from you in a long time, good to know you're still kicking! :jump:

Partsnut
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks Bill!!

Haven't heard from you in a long time, good to know you're still kicking! :jump:

It was touch and go there for a while with 5 trips to the hospital in the past 2 1/2 years. However, I blessed and by the grace of God, I bounced back and am feeling well.

raybo
07-24-2012, 08:36 PM
It was touch and go there for a while with 5 trips to the hospital in the past 2 1/2 years. However, I blessed and by the grace of God, I bounced back and am feeling well.

Great!! Glad you're back in good health again, looking forward to your knowledgeable postings!!

raybo
08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Thought I'd post the Record Keeping summaries for CrC since the last one I posted above. The 1st one is for August through the 12th, don't have results files for 8-16 or 8-17 yet.

Still hitting a lot of winners but the average win payout is not as high as before. This one shows all black box picks, regardless of odds.

The 2nd one is the summary of the meet from 6-3 through 8-12, ROI dropped off some but still well in the black using the black box FWC method at 1.31 ROI, based on a flat $2 bet on all picks that are 3/1 or higher at post time.

PMDIC
08-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Where can i download handifast? Thanks,Phil

raybo
08-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Where can i download handifast? Thanks,Phil

PM "Handiman", that's his program and the download can be found in his thread. This thread is not related to the Handifast program.

raybo
09-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Here is record keeping summary, in the RS black box program, for the Calder 85 day meet that ended 8/31/2012. The meet was run using the RS primary "FWC" mode, as a black box (play all FWC picks that are 3/1 or higher odds when it says play, and pass when it says pass). These results are based on a $2 flat win bet. The cumulative ROI is shown in column AG (1.20).

Another successful track and meet!

raybo
09-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I have been working on the latest upgrade to the RS black box program, "v4", for several weeks, and have finally reached the goal I set for this version. I have already sent this version to all the current RS users.

This version takes the "auto-record" track testing mode up a couple of levels, from the previous version in the following ways:

1. v4 adds 5 more rankings methods along with the previous primary FWC method. We can now test tracks, with the click of a button, using the picks from FWC, FV, IV, FWC plus alt FV, average of FV and IV, and the top ranked pick in each of the FWC, FV, and IV rankings.

2. v4 lets you change the minimum odds requirement, where in previous versions we were restricted to 3/1 or higher odds.

3. The "Record Keeping" sheet, where all the auto-recorded, post race card and results data is sent, now contains the current testing methods' 3 picks and their hit rate, $2 flat bet profit/loss, and ROI, for 12 different minimum odds, 1/1 through 11/1.

The auto-record mode is simple to use, just type the code, for the method you want to test, in a cell, type your minimum odds in another cell, and click a button and wait until all your cards and results files have been imported, processed, and your plays recorded. That's it.

raybo
09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Here is a screenshot of the RS results summary from the start of the 85 day spring/summer meet (1.18 ROI for that whole meet) through the current summer/fall meet that ends in November. RS is till producing a 1.15 ROI using the primary black box "FWC" mode, at minimum odds of 7/2 (3.5/1). PM me for more info on the "AllData RS Pivot_v4" program.

raybo
09-22-2012, 12:39 AM
I've never played Woodbine before, but with the new testing methods in RS I thought I'd check it out.

Here's a screenshot of the best producing method I found for the period 7/1/2012 through 9/21/2012. It appears there are some very good payouts at this track!

raybo
09-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Here's the screenshot for the Pennsylvania Derby that I posted picks for before the race. For stakes races I always use FVIV (average of FV and IV) for my rankings. The settings for this race were: FVIV betting any of the top 3 picks that are 4/1 or higher odds at post time.

The 3 horse, Handsome Mike won this one easily at 19/1 odds !!

raybo
09-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I hope you RS users are getting your Delta Downs and Oaklawn Park workbooks dusted off! Both of those tracks will be starting their meets soon and RS killed both of those tracks in their last meets.

I can't wait !!

raybo
09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm posting live play at my place today at Mnr, if you're interested.

raybo
10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Ok, now that all of you RS users have received the latest version and have started upgrading your track workbooks (fun isn't it? :lol: ), I'm working on an even later version ("v7", at present), which will fix a problem some of you may have noticed with the "AllTops" picks (sometimes all the qualified picks for this method aren't listed in the "AllTops" ranking column when there are matching top picks in 2 or more basic rankings columns).

This new version will also contain a new worksheet, named "Mobile" that will present a "mobile" view of the RS view, for those of you who want to be able to use your smart phone/tablet to remotely access your home/business computer, via "remote desktop software" and run the RS program there, while viewing it on those devices (most Android/Apple devices does not allow running macros in Excel on the mobile device). I've been wanting to incorporate this ever since I saw the one Kevin added to his workbooks, as I want to be able to run the RS program anywhere I can get a cell signal or WIFI signal, like at the coffee shop I go to every morning, or anytime I not at my home and want to play the races, work on my master workbook, or update specific track workbooks, etc..

Anyway, I hope to have this latest version ready to send out soon!

raybo
10-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Here's what I have so far for the new mobile devices sheet. I'll probably add the graph down below this, so you'll have to "slide" down a bit to see it.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, please post them!

raybo
10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I've added the graph to the "Mobile Devices" sheet. The graph looks a little drab but that couldn't be helped. I've been doing all my design work in Excel 2002 so that those of you who have these earlier versions of Excel could run the program (of course it can also be run on the later versions of Excel also). But, while doing some formatting on the graph, I got a message that said there were too many different types of formatting in the workbook, and no more could be added.

I knew that eventually I would run out of Excel memory in this program due to the lower memory capacity of the earlier version of Excel, but I didn't know when. Well, "when" is now.

So, I am going to have to switch to Excel 2007, in order to keep upgrading the program, and those of you who will be wanting the later upgrades will probably need to get at least Excel 2007, if you're using an earlier version now.

I'm sorry about this but I worked in the earlier versions as long as I could, now it's time to move to a newer version of Excel.

So, if you don't already have Excel 2007 or later, start saving your bucks now and get 2007 or 2010. This version of the workbook that I am working on now will work in the earlier versions, but after the release of this version, I will be switching to Excel 2007 and you will have to have this version or later in order to run those newer upgrades.

By the way, you can run the program from this "Mobile Devices" view, by clicking any of the buttons located below the top view. These buttons allow you to jump to the "Main" sheet, for example, where you can import new race cards and results files, and process them, then you are taken to the "Race Selection" area of the "AllData" sheet. Then you click a race number button and your are taken to the standard RS view, and to get to the mobile view you have to click the "Mobile Devices" button.

In the version I am working on now, you will be taken from the "Main" sheet directly to the "Mobile Devices" sheet. There you can get all your picks for each race on the card by clicking the proper Race number button on that sheet. They work exactly the same as the standard race number buttons but they will return you to the "Mobile Devices" sheet, rather than the standard RS view as they do in current workbooks.

I will try to add some macro code that will allow you to run the program in "Desktop PC" mode, or "Mobile Device" mode, to prevent having to move from the RS view to the mobile view, or vice versa, depending on whether or not you're using a desktop/laptop PC, or a smart phone/tablet.

Here's what the mobile devices view looks like after adding the graph.

raybo
11-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Here's the BC Classic through RS's eyes. Track testing produced a preferred method of "FVIV" (average of FV and IV). A logical superfecta ticket structure of 1/234/2345/23456 ($18 @ $1) paid $1700.

chrisl
11-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Program kicked butt for me in the 2 days of the Breeders, still learning, but really did well. I am not red-boarding but here is my display for play's in the classic. My method is Alltops which has 11/4 in the classic..Chris