PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Forum Beating Up On Hana;)

Horseplayersbet.com
09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Just went over there for the first time since it reopened. Saw the stats for the forum: 1 member plus 3 guests were online.

http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1371

andymays
09-24-2009, 05:57 PM
There was a fracas over this a couple of days ago. It has since died down.

miesque
09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
I suppose we should take that as a compliment since the Del Mar Forum is piled high and deep with cerebrally challenged individuals. A brief review of that Forum is enough to make you weep for the educational system in this country.:(

andymays
09-24-2009, 07:17 PM
The thing about Del Mar is that they have quite a few good people working there but this decision to let a Moderator who is by extension part of Management, put up a thread bashing 1500 Horseplayers who are Del Mars customers is insane. I could understand if it was one of the posters who put the thread up but a Moderator? Why would Management condone something like this. Sounds like a bad business decision to me.

This is why during the last meet they maxed out at 46 total visitors on their best day. The truth is that Horseplayers stay away in droves because of the way Del Mar handles their Online Community. For some reason they don't see it as a problem. Maybe upper Management isn't paying attention or doesn't care, but to bash some of your customers that way is a little crazy.

Is it a good decision or a bad decision to let a Moderator bash 1500 Horseplayers? It's not hard to decide this one.

Jeff P
09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Last year I jumped into some threads at DMFF.

Thinking it was a "fan forum" I expressed my opinion (from the point of view of a player) about signal blackouts, high takeout, trainers who use drugs to cheat, and pool integrity...

To say my posts weren't popular there would be an understatement.

Anything I posted was immediately jumped on by the community there who collectively see the game about 180 degrees the opposite of the way I see it.

But I held firm. I backed up my arguments with economic studies and stats. And a few players even jumped in and sided with me.

Which only seemed to fan the flames more...

A pattern developed.

If I made valid enough arguments backing up my own views about industry leaders who allow the status quo of high takeout, missing signals, drug use, and pools that aren't secure to continue to hurt the game...

Threads containing those posts would just magically vanish!

No explanation...

Just POOF... thread gone.

Which made me realize DMFF isn't a fan forum at all.

Now I've read the terms of service here at PA...

And if I break the rules here I might expect similar treatment.

I've also read the terms of service over at DMFF...

The only rule i ever broke there is perhaps the most important rule of all which remains unwritten...

Thou shalt not express viewpoints that track management doesn't like.

Which is why I won't waste my time posting there.

Life's too short.

-jp

DeanT
09-24-2009, 08:18 PM
It was a little odd when I looked in there for the first time awhile ago. I went there to see if I could find some poly info to bet the product (I have trouble at Del Mar) and figured it was a good place to go for that info, like the KEE website. I thought I would find mostly racing fans and some handicappers looking to play Del Mar; not unlike Paceadvantage. But it seemed that there were very few fans and handicappers there.

I remember your posts later there Jeff where you would reference materials and such. No one really read them I thought. You did not flame and handled yourself really professionally as well, but never seemed to get into too much of a constructive conversation.

I think Andy Beyer said in a column once that race fans and customers are often treated as a "necessary nuisance". Reading there it struck me as true.

Anyhow, a free country so they can post whatever they want. I just know it is not a place for me as a fan of racing and improving it.

JMO.

turfnsport
09-24-2009, 08:42 PM
There was a fracas over this a couple of days ago. It has since died down.

Heck, I can take care of that. ;)

andymays
09-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Heck, I can take care of that. ;)

I know! ;)

turfnsport
09-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Place your bets Andy:

-190: Get banned from DMFF
+170: Finish 2 more Stellas

andymays
09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Place your bets Andy:

I would lay the 190 but if they see this post the'll let you stay just to spite me! :D

miesque
09-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Place your bets Andy:

Excellent taste in beer by the way :ThmbUp:

DeanT
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
It's weird how things get brought up when people dont like you much. On that thread some dude says that we went and ran Craig Braddick thru the mud for not lowering takeout. And "not one poster attempted to answer his question" about simulcast feeds.

The only post from a HANA person with the avatar was from me, here (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=689019&highlight=craig#post689019).

Craig,

Excellent post. More and more of you guys are asking for feedback and that is never a bad thing. Simo wagering, as you allude, is certainly important. I love watching feeds where many of the things you mention are handled for bettors.

Good luck this meet.

D
PS: The odds on the screen right until off time has been tried by a couple harness tracks and bettors seem to really like it.

There are a lot of things to not like about horseplayers and our group, but you gotta pick a better one than that. Sheesh, I actually like Craig. :)

DJofSD
09-25-2009, 12:08 AM
People at the DMFF think that polytrack means watching more than one NASCAR race at a time.

rrbauer
09-25-2009, 10:32 AM
People at the DMFF think that polytrack means watching more than one NASCAR race at a time.
:lol: :ThmbUp:

rwwupl
09-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Jeff P wrote:

Thou shalt not express viewpoints that track management doesn't like.

Which is why I won't waste my time posting there.

Life's too short.

-jp

The Del Mar Fan Forum is not a fan forum. It is a publicity organ to spread the virtues of the DMTC.

Anyone who suports anything but that is attacked by Mary`s henchman. Mary condones the henchman. The henchman get a nearly free pass.

Mary is the Administrator of the Forum and is also the Director of Publications for DMTC.

Jeff P is right.

Tom
09-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Del Mar?
That still open?

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Igeteven
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
It's not a forum, it's is a joke, nothing more, all of the posters there are nothing but biggest patronizing poo-poos on this planet and Mary S, who is the biggest one of all.

If one looks at what they post, it’s all garbage.

Good Luck if you go there

andymays
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
I would think that management at Del Mar would wise up. To let a Moderator tarnish their reputation among Horseplayers and drive hundreds of people a day away from their Online Community is astonishing.

Most Total users for one day at the Community was 46. Normally you could fit the number of users in a phone booth.

This is either the dumbest marketing strategy of all time or it could be the smartest(Not).

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where George found success for a while being the "opposite man". Could Del Mar be following the "opposite man" marketing strategy? :eek:

I guess they thought they would fill up the Online Community with Concert goers and Cougars! Go figure! :bang:

turfnsport
09-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Could Del Mar be following the "opposite man" marketing strategy? :eek:

I thought that WAS the horse racing industry's marketing strategy?

andymays
09-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I thought that WAS the horse racing industry's marketing strategy?

You got me! ;)

I am told that the 46 users refers to any given minute. I guess this one gets 555 at any given minute. :eek:

Horseplayersbet.com
09-25-2009, 04:11 PM
You got me! ;)

I am told that the 46 users refers to any given minute. I guess this one gets 555 at any given minute. :eek:
According to their site 1 minute ago:

Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 7 registered, 1 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm
Compared to Pace Advantage (also one minute ago):
519 online 175 members and 344 guests

I can't stand that Forum, and Jeff is 100% right.

andymays
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
According to their site 1 minute ago:

Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 7 registered, 1 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm
Compared to Pace Advantage (also one minute ago):
519 online 175 members and 344 guests

I can't stand that Forum, and Jeff is 100% right.

If you take all the personality conflicts out of it, the Management over there is just making a really bad business decision to allow a couple of people to ruin their reputation.

They have driven hundreds if not thousands of Horseplayers away over the last few years.

Indulto
09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
AM and RW,

Were any of the opposition there actual horseplayers?

andymays
09-25-2009, 04:54 PM
AM and RW,

Never met any of the moderators personally. I've been told they are nice people. Doesn't jive with them posting my personal information in the chatroom there though does it?

rwwupl
09-25-2009, 05:48 PM
AM and RW,

There were a few, but were outnumbered by the home team. The home team got away with sarcastic remarks and cartoons and the horse players were demonized and made fun of or worse.

Thats why it was shut down for a couple of months because of too many complaints.

Indulto
09-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Never met any of the moderators personally. I've been told they are nice people. Doesn't jive with them posting my personal information in the chatroom there though does it?There were a few, but were outnumbered by the home team. The home team got away with sarcastic remarks and cartoons and the horse players were demonized and made fun of or worse.

Thats why it was shut down for a couple of months because of too many complaints.Thanks guys.

Just wanted to make sure no babies were being thrown out with the bath water.;)

andymays
09-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys.

Just wanted to make sure no babies were being thrown out with the bath water.;)

You must have a poem of some kind for this occasion! :D

Roses are red and violets are blue and Del Mar is disclosing personal information in their chatroom! ;)

Indulto
09-25-2009, 07:25 PM
You must have a poem of some kind for this occasion! :D

Roses are red and violets are blue and Del Mar is disclosing personal information in their chatroom! ;)AM,
Referring to my loosely-coupled limerick look-alikes as poetry devalues the work of true poets and diminishes the art form. You should think of my "contributions" this way:

Things are never so bad they can't get verse. ;)

andymays
09-25-2009, 07:26 PM
AM,
Referring to my loosely-coupled limerick look-alikes as poetry devalues the work of true poets and diminishes the art form. You should think of my "contributions" this way:

Things are never so bad they can't get verse. ;)

:lol:

andymays
09-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Looks like cooler heads prevailed and Del Mar took the HANA thread down. :ThmbUp:

Imriledup
09-26-2009, 01:49 AM
I think the NEW terms of service require a urine test, fingerprints, DNA samples and a microchip planted in your brain to post over there.

You might be able to get by without a birth certificate and social security card if you promise to talk nice about plastic tracks.

Tom
09-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Going from here to there, it is like going from Hemingway to My Weekly Reader.

Not a lot of content over there. Must be plastic heads as well. :lol:

rwwupl
09-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Looks like cooler heads prevailed and Del Mar took the HANA thread down. :ThmbUp:

Hmmm-- I think that was a good idea. They are looking for anything to chew on. I think they must be tired of complaints to the managers. ;)

andymays
09-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Hmmm-- I think that was a good idea. They are looking for anything to chew on. I think they must be tired of complaints to the managers. ;)

The only issue I had was that one of the moderators started the thread.

Why would someone representing Del Mar management bash a group of Horseplayers? That's the only reason I complained. If I were part of Del Mar management I would want as many Horseplayers as I could get to come in and argue their points.

Tom
09-26-2009, 04:44 PM
They have found the key to increasing their customer base - poor product coupled with abrasive service! :lol:

Horseplayersbet.com
09-26-2009, 07:39 PM
A couple of those idjits are bashing us and the PA forum on another thread:
http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1411

This place is a lovehole? :lol:

rwwupl
09-26-2009, 10:26 PM
A couple of those idjits are bashing us and the PA forum on another thread:
http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1411

This place is a lovehole? :lol:

The Moderator is not willing to say why the HANA thread was taken down.

Could it be someone got their feelings hurt and decided her own thread was not in her interests?

CincyHorseplayer
09-27-2009, 01:30 AM

Awesome,awesome line Tom and the icon is correct,I'm lMAO!!!:ThmbUp:

andymays
09-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Del Mar made a good business decision to take down a HANA bashing thread started by a moderator who is also a representative of Del Mar. Maybe it took this little dust up to get upper management to take notice over there. Hard feelings aside all they need to do is look at the number of users. The moderators had to work pretty hard over the last couple of years to get the number of users down to mini van level.

What's funny is that Del Mar was most likely headed for a top ten HANA rating and maybe top 5. I don't know how you factor in "Forum Follies" but if their form holds true HANA will remain objective in their evaluation and Del Mar will still get a good rating.

JustRalph
09-27-2009, 07:57 AM

you're showing your age...........

Does that thing still exist? remember the original Beavis and Butt Head in that thing?

Horseplayersbet.com
09-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Del Mar made a good business decision to take down a HANA bashing thread started by a moderator who is also a representative of Del Mar. Maybe it took this little dust up to get upper management to take notice over there. Hard feelings aside all they need to do is look at the number of users. The moderators had to work pretty hard over the last couple of years to get the number of users down to mini van level.

What's funny is that Del Mar was most likely headed for a top ten HANA rating and maybe top 5. I don't know how you factor in "Forum Follies" but if their form holds true HANA will remain objective in their evaluation and Del Mar will still get a good rating.
They ask for the kitchen sink when it comes to registering for the forum now. They want you to provide a phone number and address? Right there, it stops potential "fans" from becoming members.

andymays
09-27-2009, 11:29 AM
They ask for the kitchen sink when it comes to registering for the forum now. They want you to provide a phone number and address? Right there, it stops potential "fans" from becoming members.

And if you're real lucky they post your personal information in the chatroom. :rolleyes:

Imriledup
09-28-2009, 05:05 AM

IMRILEDUP
vCash: 100

I think the NEW terms of service require a urine test, fingerprints, DNA samples and a microchip planted in your brain to post over there.

You might be able to get by without a birth certificate and social security card if you promise to talk nice about plastic tracks.
Last edited by Imriledup : 09-26-2009 at 12:52 AM.

castaway01
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
you're showing your age...........

Does that thing still exist? remember the original Beavis and Butt Head in that thing?

Not to go further off topic, but yes it's still around, though it's just "Weekly Reader" now.

CincyHorseplayer
09-28-2009, 07:22 PM
IMRILEDUP

I nominate this for post of the year and my guess is Andy Mays isn't far behind me:ThmbUp: !!!!

Bruddah
09-29-2009, 09:54 AM
IMRILEDUP

Yes we can! If you can become President without those documents, the sky is the limit.

For all of those in government monitoring this thread, I just love Polymer racing. :rolleyes: :liar:

Bruddah
09-29-2009, 10:04 AM
And if you're real lucky they post your personal information in the chatroom. :rolleyes:

Nahh! They stopped just short of that. They have a Black OPs Team which handles your personal file. :liar: :lol: