PDA

View Full Version : DACA, Davos, and Dems

Pages : [1] 2

Ocala Mike
01-09-2018, 01:32 PM
The Donald is embracing all of the above lately. If he keeps this up, even his base will start to question whether he really is a stable genius.

Don't fret, deplorables, he's probably just testing your loyalty.

tucker6
01-09-2018, 02:15 PM
The Donald is embracing all of the above lately. If he keeps this up, even his base will start to question whether he really is a stable genius.

Trump has always embraced the idea of DACA and working with the dems on key issues like immigration and infrastructure. I fail to see the news. Trump is not nearly as unyielding as you believe, nor does this Trump supporter believe he's been lied to by our president.

chadk66
01-09-2018, 03:42 PM
DACA has always been his Trump card to get the wall. Nothing new here.

davew
01-09-2018, 03:51 PM
that's what leadership is - not the my way or the highway that the dimocrats and Harry Reid used when they had control of all 3 wings

Tom
01-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Slow news day?

Ocala Mike
01-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Must be, Tom - after all, you stopped by to read this.

Turns out (which we all suspected anyway), that "the wall" is merely the concept of increased border security which everyone is for and not a 2,000 mile long physical barrier. I agree about working with Dems - he needs 60 votes in the Senate - but going to Davos is a stab in the back to the Bannonite base. Of course, that matters not now as there never really was any use for that base after Election Day. Besides nobody wants to line up with "Sloppy Steve" any more at all.

fast4522
01-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Well Mike , it is like the first debate between Clinton and President Trump. Very easy going first out, bloody finish last. Look for it, Trump gets what he want or the left gets nothing, zero, zip.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Must be, Tom - after all, you stopped by to read this.

Turns out (which we all suspected anyway), that "the wall" is merely the concept of increased border security which everyone is for and not a 2,000 mile long physical barrier. I agree about working with Dems - he needs 60 votes in the Senate - but going to Davos is a stab in the back to the Bannonite base. Of course, that matters not now as there never really was any use for that base after Election Day. Besides nobody wants to line up with "Sloppy Steve" any more at all.

As Trump, sans twitter, becomes a moderate establishment Republican his fans rejoice.

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 07:47 PM
As Trump, sans twitter, becomes a moderate establishment Republican his fans rejoice.

He did a private interview with the NY Times BEFORE he was elected and told them he was going to have to be flexible on immigration in order to accomplish what he wants. It was leaked in an effort to discredit him with his base because of the more moderate tone.

It's naive to listen to any politician during their campaign and then hold them to exactly what they were promising at that time.

Do you think Bernie could have gotten 5% of what he was promising through?

If he comes away with an enhanced border wall in critical areas, greater security using technology and border patrol in other areas, getting rid of the lottery system and/or chain immigration, and allows DACA kids who have been productive and stayed out of trouble for a long time to stay and become citizens, it would be a huge victory for him.

They are already here, some are probably already voting illegally, and they are productive.

So what's the major problem?

However, he would have made more progress than any other president in slowing down illegal immigration and other methods the democrats are using to change the demographics of the country and take power for 50 years. That's really a key point. I have economic reasons for thinking we should slow/reform immigration, but the political reason is a biggie unless you want 50 years of Pelosi and Obama.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 07:59 PM
He did a private interview with the NY Times BEFORE he was elected and told them he was going to have to be flexible on immigration in order to accomplish what he wants. It was leaked in an effort to discredit him with his base because of the more moderate tone.

It's naive to listen to any politician during their campaign and then hold them to exactly what they were promising at that time.

Bu... but... but I thought he wasn't a politician. He was going to drain the swamp. ;)

Look, like I said I'm happy he isn't accomplishing the majority of his campaign promises. I just find it amazing the pivot his fan-bots do.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 08:01 PM
If he comes away with an enhanced border wall in critical areas, greater security using technology and border patrol in other areas, getting rid of the lottery system and/or chain immigration, and allows DACA kids who have been productive and stayed out of trouble for a long time to stay and become citizens, it would be a huge victory for him.

They are already here, some are probably already voting illegally, and they are productive.

Nothing...

What you just described was the immigration platform of every Republican in the primary except Donald Trump.

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 08:32 PM
Nothing...

What you just described was the immigration platform of every Republican in the primary except Donald Trump.

We must not be observing the same people.

Every one of them was against spending money on the wall. A few may have hedged a little after they saw how popular the idea was with Trump's core, but none of them wanted any of it.

Most of them were for various forms of amnesty with very little in return on security or they wanted to grant amnesty first - which means they never would have gotten the security or other immigration reforms.

There are two different political approaches.

There are republicans that want to try to appeal to Hispanics and bring them into their tent.

There are republicans that think allowing this flood of illegals into the US and giving them amnesty will change the political climate for two generations and put democrats in complete control.

Trump wants to halt and even reverse some of it.

The rest of the republicans wanted to try to grow the tent and only moved a little to the right when they were getting their clock cleaned by Trump and the wall.

If he gets ANYTHING on the wall and security and reform he will be the only one that could have possibly done it because none of the others want it. They consider it as driving Hispanics away.

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Bu... but... but I thought he wasn't a politician. He was going to drain the swamp. ;)

Look, like I said I'm happy he isn't accomplishing the majority of his campaign promises. I just find it amazing the pivot his fan-bots do.

The people that loved him are rationalizing away the minor disappointments.

I think you absolutely hate the guy as much as any liberal or democrat out there and are not viewing anything related to him objectively. I don't mean that in an insulting way. It just happens when you despise someone. You only see the bad and spin the good negatively.

Ocala Mike
01-09-2018, 08:41 PM

You'll have to find that out from the immigration hard-liners that he is about to throw under the bus.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 08:45 PM
We must not be observing the same people.

Every one of them was against spending money on the wall. A few may have hedged a little after they saw how popular the idea was with Trump's core, but none of them wanted any of it.

Most of them were for various forms of amnesty with very little in return on security or they wanted to grant amnesty first - which means they never would have gotten the security or other immigration reforms.

There are two different political approaches.

There are republicans that want to try to appeal to Hispanics and bring them into their tent.

There are republicans that think allowing this flood of illegals into the US and giving them amnesty will change the political climate for two generations and put democrats in complete control.

Trump wants to halt and even reverse some of it.

The rest of the republicans wanted to try to grow the tent and only moved a little to the right when they were getting their clock cleaned by Trump and the wall.

If he gets ANYTHING on the wall and security he will be the only one that could have possibly done it because of the others never wanted it. They consider it as driving Hispanics away.

We weren't.

None were Amnesty first.

Most were for a path to citizenship. Apparently Trump is now too..? Heightened border security and technology... literally all of them considered it top priority.. here:

Jeb Bush: Border security must come first in immigration reform. (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeb-bush-border-security-must-come-first-in-immigration-reform/)

But I digress what you wrote above as a major win for Trump sounds a helluva lot more like Jeb Bush than the guy who said he'd "round them up" and "ten feet higher."

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 08:53 PM
The people that loved him are rationalizing away the minor disappointments.

I think you absolutely hate the guy as much as any liberal or democrat out there and are not viewing anything related to him objectively. I don't mean that in an insulting way. It just happens when you despise someone. You only see the bad and spin the good negatively.

I've been totally upfront I despise the man. That doesnt mean I can't look at things objectively. He has been a moderate Republican (or RINO) despite his bombast and occasional foreign policy idiocy. But since I'm never right this is actually how I still view him... I said this back in October.

Some of the stuff about Trump is crazy but he does that to appeal to his base. There are two Trumps, the actual one, and the one that personifies twitter and the rest of his crazy outlandish statements that get his base all excited... if you haven't noticed not much happens politically with that one.

The actual one is a moderate establishment Republican who is wet behind the ears in Foreign Policy.

fast4522
01-09-2018, 08:55 PM

You act as if the tax reform signed into law is small potatoes, it is equal to someone getting 100 stitches getting ripped out by duct tape that are only 3 days old. The estate tax alone double taxation I think was flat out communist, but hey I know you loved that.

Know this, policy alone will drive you batshit crazy even if he gets nothing done in the next 3 years. And you know the last statement is not going to go your way.

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 09:00 PM
You'll have to find that out from the immigration hard-liners that he is about to throw under the bus.

I've been elaborating on that with what I believe is a great deal of honesty.

Let's set aside the handful of real racists.

Most republicans/conservatives know that recent immigrants tend to vote for democrats. It was true of my family two generations ago and it's true now.

The left will turn it into a race thing for political purposes, but it's really about economics, security, and political power.

I think most republicans/conservatives are just like liberals/democrats. They want the people that share their priorities and values to stay in power and advance what they believe are the policies that will benefit them and the country over the long haul.

So if you are a republican and see a flood of democrats coming into the country, you know what the implications are for taxes, spending, regulations, the courts etc... and want it stopped.

However, if 75% of the illegals were going to vote for republicans, the republicans would rationalize why they should be allowed in and be given citizenship and the democrats would rationalizing why we need a wall and immigration reform. Neither side may realize it, but that what's driving a lot of it.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 09:00 PM
You act as if the tax reform signed into law is small potatoes, it is equal to someone getting 100 stitches getting ripped out by duct tape that are only 3 days old. The estate tax alone double taxation I think was flat out communist, but hey I know you loved that.

Know this, policy alone will drive you batshit crazy even if he gets nothing done in the next 3 years. And you know the last statement is not going to go your way.

Bud...

You know absolutely nothing about me. The Estate Tax WOULD affect me. How about you? I'm completely against it. Show me where I LOVED that on here. Kinda like ACA you won't find much.

ANYBODY could have gotten tax reform done with total government control. In happy it's done. I'm a little more lukewarm than others but the debt is a big deal to me because I'm probably on average 2 decades younger than the average poster on here.

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 09:01 PM
I've been totally upfront I despise the man. That doesnt mean I can't look at things objectively. He has been a moderate Republican (or RINO) despite his bombast and occasional foreign policy idiocy. But since I'm never right this is actually how I still view him... I said this back in October.

The actual one is a moderate establishment Republican who is wet behind the ears in Foreign Policy.

I hope you don't mind my honesty, but I have seen no evidence you are objective about anything related to Trump.

Clocker
01-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Did I miss something? Last I heard, Trump killed DACA. The administration issued an order in September saying that no new applications would be accepted. Any DACA permit holder set to expire within 6 months could apply for a 2 year extension. Beyond that, the program was dead.

From Sept. 6, 2017:

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department announced on Tuesday it is ending DACA, the Obama-era program that allowed undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to remain in the country, while also giving Congress a six-month window to possibly save the policy.

Under the plan, announced by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Trump administration will stop considering new applications for legal status dated after Tuesday, but will allow any DACA recipients with a permit set to expire before March 5, 2018, the opportunity to apply for a two-year renewal if they apply by October 5.

The Department of Homeland Security will recognize DACA authorizations until they expire at the end of their two-year lifespans, which means the program runs out at different times for different recipients, senior DHS officials said. The last authorization would end March 5, 2020.
Relying further on my feeble memory, Trump was strongly opposed to DACA from the beginning of his run until roughly the time he got the GOP nomination. He began to hint at mellowing on the issue after that. Funny how that happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-dreamers-daca-immigration-announcement-n798686

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 09:09 PM
I hope you don't mind my honesty, but I have seen no evidence you are objective about anything related to Trump.

1) Cut regulations

2) lowered corporate tax rate

3) enforced Syria redline

4) continues war effort on ISIS

5) sanctioned Russia

6) done a good job with judges.

I just don't get an erection every time job numbers are released, the DOW goes up, or a factory opens. I didnt when Obama was President either. I think the majority of the stuff he does is completely moronic and I totally disagree with a larger more interventionist government... You know all the things he hasn't done but his fans on here do get hard over.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Did I miss something? Last I heard, Trump killed DACA. The administration issued an order in September saying that no new applications would be accepted. Any DACA permit holder set to expire within 6 months could apply for a 2 year extension. Beyond that, the program was dead.

From Sept. 6, 2017:

Relying further on my feeble memory, Trump was strongly opposed to DACA from the beginning of his run until roughly the time he got the GOP nomination. He began to hint at mellowing on the issue after that. Funny how that happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-dreamers-daca-immigration-announcement-n798686

If anything is accomplished on Immigration which is 50/50 at best (Not a slam on Trump CH it's an election year ;) ) in 2018 it will end up looking nearly identical to Jeb or Rubios plan with some more fencing.

fast4522
01-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Bud...

You know absolutely nothing about me. The Estate Tax WOULD affect me. How about you? I'm completely against it. Show me where I LOVED that on here. Kinda like ACA you won't find much.

ANYBODY could have gotten tax reform done with total government control. In happy it's done. I'm a little more lukewarm than others but the debt is a big deal to me because I'm probably on average 2 decades younger than the average poster on here.

Like Hillary said, at this point what difference does it make.
The other day you agreed with me in a different thread about single payer, previously you gave me the old James Carville line about how people are going to die. I am no politician, so I am not gonna be all over the place. You should just admit much of policy is like picking winners, and like us all you have dogs in the race.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Like Hillary said, at this point what difference does it make.
The other day you agreed with me in a different thread about single payer, previously you gave me the old James Carville line about how people are going to die. I am no politician, so I am not gonna be all over the place. You should just admit much of policy is like picking winners, and like us all you have dogs in the race.

Where?

You have three things now I've called you on to prove your assumptions about me.

1) I like the ACA.

2) I'm for the estate tax.

3) I said people are going to die with mandate removal.

I've been posting here for about a decade now. Should be easy... unless you're gonna go 0 for 3.

You're right I do have dogs in the race. Both my parents have estate tax issues (they're divorced). I'm in my 30s and being forced to pay off the idiocy of the baby boomer generation isn't something I'm stoked about.

Finally though, unlike you, I don't make shit up or throw labels at people... You and Trump are just two peas in a pod.

fast4522
01-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Hey a year from now we will both still be here as partisans for our respective teams won't we? I am not going to change your mind about our 45th President, I am not even trying that.

elysiantraveller
01-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Hey a year from now we will both still be here as partisans for our respective teams won't we? I am not going to change your mind about our 45th President, I am not even trying that.

I'm a fiscal small government conservative you're a nationalist populist... got it.

Now please post where I said any of those things.

fast4522
01-09-2018, 10:41 PM
I'm a fiscal small government conservative you're a nationalist populist... got it.

Those labels mean nothing today, several elections ago I was stuffing mailings for Phil Gramm in his NH HQ. They come to town, I get to see them all and decide who to gravitate to. You think that there are many of you, sorry but you know your numbers are shallow. More will get done for the good with President Donald J. Trump than any of your guys, and it will take you twenty years to undo it or at least until your hair goes snow white. The country has had it well past their eyeballs with policy you are for, now it is your turn to not be in the drivers seat. All things considered you will have a safe smooth ride as passenger, won't you?

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Judge temporarily blocks Trump ending DACA.. Trump has tantrum.. :sleeping:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/trump-calls-courts-broken-and-unfair-after-judge-blocks-daca-move.html

woodtoo
01-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Judge temporarily blocks Trump ending DACA.. Trump has tantrum.. :sleeping:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/trump-calls-courts-broken-and-unfair-after-judge-blocks-daca-move.html

It is broken. They run to the 9th circuit court, not for the rule of law but just the opposite. To delay the inevitable.

You do know the facts in fact that the 9th is overturned 90% of the time.
Because they are basically a sanctuary court of fools.:bang:Your peers.

johnhannibalsmith
01-10-2018, 10:59 AM

:lol::lol:

I can't believe you really try this hard. :lol:

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 11:05 AM
It is broken. They run to the 9th circuit court, not for the rule of law but just the opposite. To delay the inevitable.
You do know the facts in fact that the 9th is overturned 90% of the time.
Because they are basically a sanctuary court of fools.:bang:Your peers.
:lol: :bang:

While Trump apparently referenced the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in his statement, that court did not issue Tuesday's ruling on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. It came from U.S. District Judge William Alsup in San Francisco, who said DACA must stay in place while lawsuits over Trump's move go forward.

elysiantraveller
01-10-2018, 12:28 PM
:lol::lol:

I can't believe you really try this hard. :lol:

True.

I need to stop feeding the trolls.

boxcar
01-10-2018, 12:59 PM
This is shocking news. :eek: Who would have ever thought this? :coffee:

After Trump's TPS decision, Canada tells Salvadorans: Please don't come here

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e1861d07-e94b-35bb-a497-e85703ae2b07/ss_after-trump%27s-tps-decision%2C.html

woodtoo
01-10-2018, 01:09 PM
This is shocking news. :eek: Who would have ever thought this? :coffee:

After Trump's TPS decision, Canada tells Salvadorans: Please don't come here

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e1861d07-e94b-35bb-a497-e85703ae2b07/ss_after-trump%27s-tps-decision%2C.html

No one likes to be invaded, unless you are a Globalist or plain old spineless snake. Often described as democrats, whom live among us in plain view.
Protected by the same forces they despise. Irony at its worst.

biggestal99
01-10-2018, 02:29 PM

as what happened at his campaign stops call and response

Trump call: What are we going to build?

Crowd response: A wall

Trump call: And who is going to pay for it.

Crowd response: Mexico!

Allan

Tom
01-10-2018, 04:00 PM
It is obvious the the court's decision has zero to do with law and 100% to do with left-wing politics.

The courts are there to interpret the laws, not enforce social policy.

Trump should ignore the decision and than go to the SC.

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 09:30 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/951268682805673985

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 09:31 PM
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/950950038213136384

Tom
01-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Serious question - are you so totally illiterate that you can't post sentences in
your own words?

Even TRUMP is able to form sentences and tweet them. MAybe you should try to be more like Trump! :pound::pound:

Why in the world do we need you when all you do is post what others have to say.
You have sunk to the level of uselessness that only horsey has been at before.

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 10:26 PM
https://twitter.com/adriennelaf/status/951036097903104000

jocko699
01-10-2018, 10:29 PM
https://twitter.com/adriennelaf/status/951036097903104000

They can do both. Hell they have been barely keeping the government opened for years, including your Messiah's 8-years Dan, so what's another cut and paste to a bill?

Tom
01-11-2018, 09:07 AM
It will NOT be the repubs who shut it down, Danny - it will be the Party of Nothing. Like it was the last time it happened.

Try reality some time.

woodtoo
01-11-2018, 10:40 AM
How did Diane Feinstein suck so much money to be worth $80 million?
Along with multi-millionaires Pelosi and Boxer, no wonder California is broke.

RunForTheRoses
01-11-2018, 12:49 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/leaked-memo-dreamers-are-critical-to-dems-future-electoral-success/

RunForTheRoses
01-11-2018, 12:52 PM
https://www.scribd.com/document/368752696/Memo-On-Dreamers
The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success...
If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond. In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects. https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/6ylsihi03k67z0nz/images/3-9a57d39890.png

Tom
01-11-2018, 03:54 PM
You used "moral" and "democrat" in the same sentence. :pound::pound::pound:

boxcar
01-11-2018, 07:09 PM
https://www.scribd.com/document/368752696/Memo-On-Dreamers
The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success...
If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond. In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects. https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/6ylsihi03k67z0nz/images/3-9a57d39890.png

The dems desperately need the "dreamers" to grow their underclass base and help perpetuate the political philosophy of Victimization.

Clocker
01-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Looks like the administration has all the options covered on the DACA issue now. :rolleyes:

Marc Short, the White House legislative director, said on Wednesday that President Donald Trump supports giving amnesty to the 800,000 or more illegal aliens who were brought to the country illegally as children and are protected from deportation through the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

“The president believes that people who are here under the DACA program, again, are contributing to our society, and we want to make sure that they stay here,” Short told (https://www.npr.org/2018/01/10/576993582/white-houses-marc-short-on-trump-s-immigration-policy-plans) NPR in an interview aired on Wednesday.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/11/white-house-official-trump-believes-daca-recipients-are-contributing-to-our-society-and-we-want-to-make-sure-that-they-stay-here/

elysiantraveller
01-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Looks like the administration has all the options covered on the DACA issue now. :rolleyes:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/11/white-house-official-trump-believes-daca-recipients-are-contributing-to-our-society-and-we-want-to-make-sure-that-they-stay-here/

Take a position, check with donors. Take another position, again check with donors. ;)

FantasticDan
01-12-2018, 09:36 AM
https://twitter.com/dlind/status/951800663650045952

classhandicapper
01-12-2018, 10:08 AM

I'm still not sure why this is an issue with some people other than political demographics. If someone is here, being highly productive, and not in any trouble with the law, I'm fine with them staying. I just want to make sure we aren't flooded with illegals because then the political and economic considerations are significant.

chadk66
01-12-2018, 10:09 AM
had anybody else been elected these so called dreamers would have been given the full meal deal with no questions asked or stipulations. The wall and anything else Trump can negotiate will be nothing but gravy. The wall will be a guarantee.

FantasticDan
01-12-2018, 10:31 AM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/951833661875343360

tucker6
01-12-2018, 11:09 AM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/951833661875343360

Maybe Nancy caught the same cold that Dianne contracted. :lol:

elysiantraveller
01-12-2018, 11:28 AM
had anybody else been elected these so called dreamers would have been given the full meal deal with no questions asked or stipulations. The wall and anything else Trump can negotiate will be nothing but gravy. The wall will be a guarantee.

Trump turned that down yesterday. The new gang of six deal actually seemed pretty good overall... its probably very similar to what will end up happening and Trump will declare it a victory while not endorsing it.:popcorn:

chadk66
01-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Trump turned that down yesterday. The new gang of six deal actually seemed pretty good overall... its probably very similar to what will end up happening and Trump will declare it a victory while not endorsing it.:popcorn:yea I'm sure it will :pound:

elysiantraveller
01-12-2018, 01:15 PM
yea I'm sure it will :pound:

Brilliant. Do you even know what was in it?

$2.7 billion for border security.

Your response is pretty standard Trumpbot stuff. Instead of looming at something and deciding yourself you just defer to what Trump thinks.

woodtoo
01-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Your response is pretty standard Trumpbot stuff. Instead of looming at something and deciding yourself you just defer to what Trump thinks.

What he should have done to really get his point across was post a tweet from someone from a S&$thole country that no one knows.:lol:

chadk66
01-12-2018, 03:45 PM

Your response is pretty standard Trumpbot stuff. Instead of looming at something and deciding yourself you just defer to what Trump thinks.it's the early stages you need to sit chilli. you didn't learn anything the first year?

Tom
01-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Trump played the dems for what they are - total fools! :pound:
And the local snowflakes here as well.

Of course Trump was right - a lot of countries out there are nothing but S holes.
Why else would their refugees have been here for 17+ years as temporary?

And Trump was right, look at what illegals from Kenya have done to this country!

Saratoga_Mike
01-12-2018, 04:27 PM

Their messiah can do no wrong. Love the "nothing new" here. Might I suggest a Google search for Trump's past statements on DACA? Start with "Trump and DACA and George Bush." Yes, nothing new, only in KAC's "alternative facts" world.

I don't understand his personal appeal (the appeal is a lot more than policy positions), but they worship him. So I don't understand why we just didn't elect a competent Rep prez?

woodtoo
01-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Trump played the dems for what they are - total fools! :pound:
And the local snowflakes here as well.

Of course Trump was right - a lot of countries out there are nothing but S holes.
Why else would their refugees have been here for 17+ years as temporary?

And Trump was right, look at what illegals from Kenya have done to this country!

I heard he had a bad cold yesterday, probably got it from Diane Feinstein.

reckless
01-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Their messiah can do no wrong. Love the "nothing new" here. Might I suggest a Google search for Trump's past statements on DACA? Start with "Trump and DACA and George Bush." Yes, nothing new, only in KAC's "alternative facts" world.

I don't understand his personal appeal (the appeal is a lot more than policy positions), but they worship him. So I don't understand why we just didn't elect a competent Rep prez?

Who did you deem competent, Mike, that the GOP should have nominated? Jeb? Kasich? I could go on and on with those that also ran for the GOP nod.

None of them would have defeated Hillary, especially Kasich if he was your answer. Please don't forget that he was in the primary campaign from the very beginning ... and won just one state, Ohio. Kasich also got trounced in states where his moderate ways should have been appealing, New Hampshire, Michigan, and others.

Same with Jeb!, Scott Walker, and especially Ted Cruz, whom I am more in line idiologically speaking.

Another thing people need to think more clearly about: it's been Trump's policy positions and successes that has been the highlight his first year as President. And that's with the GOP leaders, the media, and Democrats all going against him.

What Trump policy achievements don't you like?

Trump's the most remarkable and competent president we've had in ages, like him or not.

PaceAdvantage
01-12-2018, 05:22 PM
I just don't get an erection every time job numbers are released, the DOW goes up, or a factory opens. I didnt when Obama was President either. I think the majority of the stuff he does is completely moronic and I totally disagree with a larger more interventionist government... You know all the things he hasn't done but his fans on here do get hard over.Oh my! Things must be getting desperate in elysian-ville. Resorting to boner talk...what's next? The dreaded circle-jerk reference?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Pathetic.

boxcar
01-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Oh my! Things must be getting desperate in elysian-ville. Resorting to boner talk...what's next? The dreaded circle-jerk reference?

Pathetic.

Or a Chris Matthews type 'thrill up the leg" reference.

chadk66
01-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Oh my! Things must be getting desperate in elysian-ville. Resorting to boner talk...what's next? The dreaded circle-jerk reference?

Pathetic.:lol: desperate times call for desperate measures

fast4522
01-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Who did you deem competent, Mike, that the GOP should have nominated? Jeb? Kasich? I could go on and on with those that also ran for the GOP nod.

None of them would have defeated Hillary, especially Kasich if he was your answer. Please don't forget that he was in the primary campaign from the very beginning ... and won just one state, Ohio. Kasich also got trounced in states where his moderate ways should have been appealing, New Hampshire, Michigan, and others.

Same with Jeb!, Scott Walker, and especially Ted Cruz, whom I am more in line idiologically speaking.

Another thing people need to think more clearly about: it's been Trump's policy positions and successes that has been the highlight his first year as President. And that's with the GOP leaders, the media, and Democrats all going against him.

Trump's the most remarkable and competent president we've had in ages, like him or not.

Best post of the week:ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
01-12-2018, 09:06 PM

I don't get it. It's like the cult of personality you see in documentaries on North Korea.

He's flipped flopped on this issue, the one that launched his candidacy, several times now yet his supporters love it.

My hunch is they are sold out. The dreamers stay, so do the Salvodorans and others. There will be no big beautiful wall but better border security, technology, and funding.

I'll be happy. As I have been most this year. Policy wise he is nothing compared to what he campaigned as. Minus Twitter and infantile remarks he's as RINO as Paul Ryan.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-12-2018, 09:27 PM
I don't get it. It's like the cult of personality you see in documentaries on North Korea.

He's flipped flopped on this issue, the one that launched his candidacy, several times now yet his supporters love it.

My hunch is they are sold out. The dreamers stay, so do the Salvodorans and others. There will be no big beautiful wall but better border security, technology, and funding.

I'll be happy. As I have been most this year. Policy wise he is nothing compared to what he campaigned as. Minus Twitter and infantile remarks he's as RINO as Paul Ryan.

If there is no wall. DACA gets everything the dipshit Schumers want, and not ending lottery and chain immigration. I'm done. Completely done.

GOP owns both sides and couldn't get shit done if we can't fix this.

Dumbass NYers and Cali-dipshits will run shit. Tax and spend, tax and spend. :puke:

chadk66
01-13-2018, 09:45 AM
If there is no wall. DACA gets everything the dipshit Schumers want, and not ending lottery and chain immigration. I'm done. Completely done.

GOP owns both sides and couldn't get shit done if we can't fix this.

Dumbass NYers and Cali-dipshits will run shit. Tax and spend, tax and spend. :puke:If there is no wall there will be no Trump. That's why he was elected and he knows that. He's not stupid. There will be a wall unless he has decided he only wants one term.

MutuelClerk
01-13-2018, 10:21 AM

I agree with about 95% of this. He is the only one who would have defeated Hillary. I'm glad he did. He certainly is remarkable. He's put CNN and MSNBC is a tizzy. Competent? I'm not so sure. I think he's a scared and angry older man. I recognize this because I think I'm becoming a little of this myself. I turn 60 next week. I also believe he has racial issues. I'm sure he doesn't see himself as a racist, while those to the far left see him as KKK. As usual the answer lies in the middle. He was born of privilege and that certainly is part of it. There's been too many times in this past year where it's reared it's ugly head to me. Among the best and the brightest I do believe Trump would hire whoever he deemed the best person regardless of race. I do believe he smears the rest. It's more of a generation thing than anything else. His people try and hide his flaws and he has many. Trump isn't used to this scrutiny. In business his word is God. Now? He's never right in whatever he does. That's why he watches as much TV as he does. He views his critics and then tweets. The way the media is these days I really don't blame him. I do believe he used the word shit hole. He's trying to back off now. CNN and MSNBC using that word in the scroll was terrible. It was obviously to undermine Trump. I didn't vote for Trump. But I was happy he defeated Hillary. I just wished we had better choices.

woodtoo
01-14-2018, 10:33 AM
There was NO better choice than Donald Trump.

Tweet from 2 hours ago: "DACA is probably dead because Democrats don't really want it, they just want to talk and take desperately needed money from our Military"

Tom
01-14-2018, 10:38 AM
This the same old playbook the dems use for financing the government.
Scream and whine that we can't let it happens, then fail to negotiate in good faith and blaem the failure on the repubs. :sleeping:

Hey, while I favor allowing those who came here as children to stay if they have shown they deserve to be here, but it is hardly a top 20 issue. If they leave, it will be sad, but I have lived through worse.

Anyone who feels strongly that they stay should be all over the dems who have just been using them as pawn in game of screw Trump.

As always.
Remember, the dems do not care about anyone on any issue.
Ever.

boxcar
01-14-2018, 01:22 PM
There was NO better choice than Donald Trump.

Tweet from 2 hours ago: "DACA is probably dead because Democrats don't really want it, they just want to talk and take desperately needed money from our Military"

No surprises here. The Dems insist someone has to pay for the tax cuts. Might as well be the military since we're living a very stable world run by a bunch of geniuses, anyway. :coffee:

chadk66
01-15-2018, 09:17 AM
well if you really think about it the Dems can't afford to pass something like DACA. what the hell would they run on? The economy is going to be high as a kite by next election. So check that off the list. The only hope they have is to have things like DACA to try and convince their electorate to vote for them for. By next election all the middle of the road dems will be on the Trump train due to the tax cuts kickin ass. So in reality they got a big ole nothin burger to run on. Like I said, they'll sit the next election out and save the money for a better day.

zico20
01-15-2018, 09:46 AM
This the same old playbook the dems use for financing the government.
Scream and whine that we can't let it happens, then fail to negotiate in good faith and blaem the failure on the repubs. :sleeping:

Hey, while I favor allowing those who came here as children to stay if they have shown they deserve to be here, but it is hardly a top 20 issue. If they leave, it will be sad, but I have lived through worse.

Anyone who feels strongly that they stay should be all over the dems who have just been using them as pawn in game of screw Trump.

As always.
Remember, the dems do not care about anyone on any issue.
Ever.

According to liberals, if my dad robs a bank and deposits the money in my account, I should get to keep it. That is the way I look at DACA. It was no fault of my own I got the money.

woodtoo
01-15-2018, 10:38 AM
After all these years why haven't these DACA's applied for citizenship?
The D stands for deferred, they knew this day could come.

Tom
01-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Sounds more like it stands for Duh?
Or Dumb.
Or Democrat.

Oh, wait, I already said dumb.
Sorry.

Might end up standing for deported.

RunForTheRoses
01-15-2018, 11:45 AM
According to liberals, if my dad robs a bank and deposits the money in my account, I should get to keep it. That is the way I look at DACA. It was no fault of my own I got the money.

Excellent analogy.

woodtoo
01-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Democrat leadership is a joke: Elijah Cummings told the world that the Democrats were responsible for giving Blacks the right to vote.

Passage of the 15th Amendment (right to vote)

141 Republicans voted Yes with 0 No votes.

0 Democrats voted Yes with 39 No votes and 7 refusals.

boxcar
01-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Democrat leadership is a joke: Elijah Cummings told the world that the Democrats were responsible for giving Blacks the right to vote.

Passage of the 15th Amendment (right to vote)

141 Republicans voted Yes with 0 No votes.

0 Democrats voted Yes with 39 No votes and 7 refusals.

What you don't understand is that those 141 Republicans were all RINOs. In their hearts, they were all Dems.

woodtoo
01-17-2018, 01:25 PM
DACA= Democrats Against Children of America

woodtoo
01-18-2018, 09:38 AM
A small reminder to Dems, a lot of your voters are turning Deplorable.
Shutting down the Government for illegals is insanity at best delusional at worst

Not the winning formula you and the Yellow Stream Media assume.

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 09:41 AM
A small reminder to Dems, a lot of your voters are turning Deplorable.
Shutting down the Government for illegals is insanity at best delusional at worst

Not the winning formula you and the Yellow Stream Media assume.

A shut down won't reflect poorly on Democrats to the average voter. They aren't the party in power. They have waaay less to lose.

woodtoo
01-18-2018, 09:47 AM
A shut down won't reflect poorly on Democrats to the average voter. They aren't the party in power. They have waaay less to lose.

True and Hillary should be ahead by 50 points too. You think the average voter want more illegals taking their jobs and taking their lives and money.:lol:

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 10:25 AM
True and Hillary should be ahead by 50 points too. You think the average voter want more illegals taking their jobs and taking their lives and money.:lol:

Your letting your bias come into play. That's why a shutdown won't hurt them. The GOP controls the house, senate, and presidency. The dems simply, at this point, have less to lose.

Even if shutdown is averted at some point the democrats are going to get some concessions.

chrisl
01-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Your letting your bias come into play. That's why a shutdown won't hurt them. The GOP controls the house, senate, and presidency. The dems simply, at this point, have less to lose.

Even if shutdown is averted at some point the democrats are going to get some concessions.

So it is a "BIAS" now, if Americans feel that we need to enforce are immigration laws. Good substitute term for "racist".

boxcar
01-18-2018, 11:00 AM
So it is a "BIAS" now, if Americans feel that we need to enforce are immigration laws. Good substitute term for "racist".

This is the new progressive norm: If you're in favor of the rule of law, you're a racist.

upthecreek
01-18-2018, 11:46 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/954021971594969088

boxcar
01-18-2018, 11:50 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/954021971594969088

Maybe they should just "deport" him to the middle of Poop City -- the city within a city. Just don't give him a map so that he won't be able to escape. :coffee:

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 11:50 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

If I wanted to call someone a racist I would.

The point I was making is to most independents (Not Trump Supporters OR Liberals) a shut down would look worse on the Republicans than the Democrats because they are the party in power.

Also the Democrats have less to lose because they A) don't have the senate B) don't have the house and C) don't have the presidency.

Yours and Boxcar's comments about race are hilarious here... you can close your Obama playbooks with me. ;)

OntheRail
01-18-2018, 12:04 PM
After all these years why haven't these DACA's applied for citizenship?
The D stands for deferred, they knew this day could come.
Yep Saw a lady on TV bitchin' about the Ending of Hatti's TPS.. and how she could be sent back in 180 days... after 20 years in CA... seems she fled the up-rise then extended after the quake. Course in those 20 years here never took the time to learn the language. :coffee:

reckless
01-18-2018, 12:26 PM

If I wanted to call someone a racist I would.

The point I was making is to most independents (Not Trump Supporters OR Liberals) a shut down would look worse on the Republicans than the Democrats because they are the party in power.

Also the Democrats have less to lose because they A) don't have the senate B) don't have the house and C) don't have the presidency.

Yours and Boxcar's comments about race are hilarious here... you can close your Obama playbooks with me. ;)

Sounds like you are on that idiot Obama wannabe Cory Booker's talking points email list.

Maybe in the old days, the GOP would wilt from the stupid accusations that you and Cory Booker are posing but those days ended on Nov. 8, 2016.

There is a new GOP leader in this country and he is President Donald J. Trump.

Your consistent anti-Trump meme comes into play with each and every post, despite being consistently wrong at each turn. Shameful and hilarious.

Join the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world using Booker's (il)logic and see how fast the rest of the country laughs at you.

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 12:43 PM
Sounds like you are on that idiot Obama wannabe Cory Booker's talking points email list.

Maybe in the old days, the GOP would wilt from the stupid accusations that you and Cory Booker are posing but those days ended on Nov. 8, 2016.

There is a new GOP leader in this country and he is President Donald J. Trump.

Your consistent anti-Trump meme comes into play with each and every post, despite being consistently wrong at each turn. Shameful and hilarious.

Join the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world using Booker's (il)logic and see how fast the rest of the country laughs at you.

I'm not the one who threw racism out there Mr. Booker.

I merely said a shut down will hurt the incumbent party. But okay...

I've got a pretty good bead on how these immigration talks are playing out. Even called it.

reckless
01-18-2018, 01:08 PM
I'm not the one who threw racism out there Mr. Booker.

I merely said a shut down will hurt the incumbent party. But okay...

I've got a pretty good bead on how these immigration talks are playing out. Even called it.

Is your good bead on immigration the same as what your bead was pertaining to Trump's business and trade acumen or his ability to get companies to agree with him on trade matters? You were so sure then but yet so wrong, remember? Nah, I guess you don't remember (but we do). :lol::lol:

By basically agreeing with the likes of Lindsay Graham, Dick Durbin and Cory Booker on these new matters will only bring you down another peg of irrelevancy. They are all clueless and out of the mainstream about immigration. And, as a reminder, immigration, DACA, and the government 'closing' are all tied together one way or another.

Fager Fan
01-18-2018, 01:09 PM
A shut down will hurt the Dems more, as everyone knows why it may shut down, and most Americans won't be too understanding of someone in the military not getting paid because liberals insist on doing something about "dreamers" right now.

In addition, we're all getting tired of the constant "OMG! The government could shut down!!!!!!!!" Trump didn't start this, this is on Congress.

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Is your good bead on immigration the same as what your bead was pertaining to Trump's business and trade acumen or his ability to get companies to agree with him on trade matters? You were so sure then but yet so wrong, remember? Nah, I guess you don't remember (but we do). :lol::lol:

By basically agreeing with the likes of Lindsay Graham, Dick Durbin and Cory Booker on these new matters will only bring you down another peg of irrelevancy. They are all clueless and out of the mainstream about immigration. And, as a reminder, immigration, DACA, and the government 'closing' are all tied together one way or another.

Name one thing President Trump has messed up on so far?

Or are you that incapable of objectivity?

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 01:56 PM
A shut down will hurt the Dems more, as everyone knows why it may shut down, and most Americans won't be too understanding of someone in the military not getting paid because liberals insist on doing something about "dreamers" right now.

In addition, we're all getting tired of the constant "OMG! The government could shut down!!!!!!!!" Trump didn't start this, this is on Congress.

The issue right now isn't with just Democrats. Republicans are having trouble among their own.

And yes Trump did kinda start this back in September when he turned on McConnell and Ryan in favor of Chuckle and Nancy.

upthecreek
01-18-2018, 02:25 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/954054169836564480

davew
01-18-2018, 02:33 PM
Yep Saw a lady on TV bitchin' about the Ending of Hatti's TPS.. and how she could be sent back in 180 days... after 20 years in CA... seems she fled the up-rise then extended after the quake. Course in those 20 years here never took the time to learn the language. :coffee:

or start the process to become a resident?

Tom
01-18-2018, 03:01 PM
Point of order?

If the government does shut down, does Durbin the Turban have to shut his big mouth?

tucker6
01-18-2018, 03:32 PM
Point of order?

If the government does shut down, does Durbin the Turban have to shut his big mouth?
As a senator, he is non-essential to the running of our country, so the answer is yes. Officially that is.

Tom
01-18-2018, 04:49 PM
As a senator, he is non-essential to the running of our country, so the answer is yes. Officially that is.

Youdaman!
Rep points for that post!

tucker6
01-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Youdaman!
Rep points for that post!
Thank You! I hope to get to 20 so I can trade them in for a new lawnmower. Kinda like green stamps back in the day. I can't imagine what you can but with 100 rep points. Maybe a nuclear warhead from Kim Jong Un

Tom
01-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Thank You! I hope to get to 20 so I can trade them in for a new lawnmower. Kinda like green stamps back in the day. I can't imagine what you can but with 100 rep points. Maybe a nuclear warhead from Kim Jong Un

120 Points!
Comes with a saddle.

WaHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

reckless
01-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Name one thing President Trump has messed up on so far?

Or are you that incapable of objectivity?

Must I admit Trump did something wrong for you to declare I am objective??

I have no interest in playing your juvenile game. I begged you and the other Trump bashers -- beginning early in the campaign of 2016 to up your game if you want to criticise Trump. You guys never did then and it got worse since Election 2017.

That was all I asked because up to that point your Trump bashing sentiment was stupid, naive, juvenile and laughable -- and you continued to this day to spew the same foolish orthodoxy based on zero intellectual and/or political understanding.

But now ... I just changed my mind.

Yes Trump made some mistakes, notably (1) believing that the GOP would honor the will of the people that elected him and help with his agenda. He extended his hand of good faith by giving that idiot Elaine Cho a job (Mitch McConnell's wife) in his cabinet, and he hired the creepy lying Reinz Priebus --a Paul Ryan stooge-- as his Chief of Staff.

The GOP has not worked with Trump and the will of the American people. That was a mistake by Trump trusting creeps, s-bags and comproimised and conflicted Republicans like Paul Ryan.

(2) Trump also made some cabinet picks that I would not have made -- social engineer and weak General Mathis, anti-Semite and loser Gen. McMasters, compromised and empty thinking Jeff Sessions are three blaring examples. They have been others, lately being the lady that replaced Gen. Kelly at Homeland Security. She is a pro-illegal immigration/open borders advocate.

Where was your objectivity about Trump's sensational first year in office? I do understand when people are so, so, sooo wrong in their opinions as you consistently have been, that it's difficult to admit one is truly clueless. Christ, I'd be quiet as a church mouse if I was as wrong about as many things as you have been.

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Where was your objectivity about Trump's sensational first year in office? I do understand when people are so, so, sooo wrong in their opinions as you consistently have been, that it's difficult to admit one is truly clueless. Christ, I'd be quiet as a church mouse if I was as wrong about as many things as you have been.

I provided a list before. He earns high marks for lowering the corporate tax rate, judge appointments, and rolling back regulations.

Things like Obamacare have been a total failure though and to spin it any other way just hurts someone's credibility.

TPP passed without the United States and China is now leading Asian trade talks with their RCEP agreement.

That's most of his first year.

davew
01-18-2018, 06:31 PM
0bamacare was a total failure before Trump became president (unless you were one of those getting FREE insurance).

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 06:44 PM
0bamacare was a total failure before Trump became president (unless you were one of those getting FREE insurance).

But repeal and replace is what he campaigned on correct? So that's been a failure right?

woodtoo
01-18-2018, 06:46 PM
But repeal and replace is what he campaigned on correct? So that's been a failure right?

Most people stop digging once the whole is too deep and they can't get out.

zico20
01-18-2018, 07:06 PM
I provided a list before. He earns high marks for lowering the corporate tax rate, judge appointments, and rolling back regulations.

Things like Obamacare have been a total failure though and to spin it any other way just hurts someone's credibility.

TPP passed without the United States and China is now leading Asian trade talks with their RCEP agreement.

That's most of his first year.

What about the big one. He pulled us out of the disastrous Paris climate change agreement. Maybe the most important thing he could do. He just saved the USA hundreds of billions of dollars over the next 82 years.

chadk66
01-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Trump gets low marks for me for not having the wall under construction yet. Also for not squeezing congress's pussy hard enough to eliminate obamacare completely.

Clocker
01-18-2018, 07:47 PM
Also for not squeezing congress's pussy hard enough to eliminate obamacare completely.

So Congress gets all of the blame for failure to repeal and replace ObamaCare, but Trump gets all of the credit for the tax bill? :confused:

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 07:51 PM
What about the big one. He pulled us out of the disastrous Paris climate change agreement. Maybe the most important thing he could do. He just saved the USA hundreds of billions of dollars over the next 82 years.

How? With facts please.

I've talked about this ad naseum.

If that voluntary climate agreement (key word voluntary) is your big sticking point you've got some pretty low hanging fruit.

zico20
01-18-2018, 07:56 PM
How? With facts please.

I've talked about this ad naseum.

If that voluntary climate agreement (key word voluntary) is your big sticking point you've got some pretty low hanging fruit.

The agreement calls for spending a 100 trillion dollars til the end of the century. Who do you think is going to be the biggest spender? The USA. It is voluntary, but with Democrats in charge you guarantee that the USA would contribute a huge chunk of it.

elysiantraveller
01-18-2018, 08:02 PM
The agreement calls for spending a 100 trillion dollars til the end of the century. Who do you think is going to be the biggest spender? The USA. It is voluntary, but with Democrats in charge you guarantee that the USA would contribute a huge chunk of it.

But democrats aren't in charge. And it's voluntary.

This is your biggest thing? You sure are making a case for it. :rolleyes:

Like I said if you hated it that much... cool. I just wouldn't have given it any more money... Hence why it wasn't a big deal to me.

reckless
01-18-2018, 08:28 PM
So Congress gets all of the blame for failure to repeal and replace ObamaCare, but Trump gets all of the credit for the tax bill? :confused:

For over 7 years Republicans in Congress ran on repeal and replace ObamaCare. Long before Trump was on the National political scene too.

Did they do so in 2017 when they had a majority and a president who said he'd sign a r & r bill? No they did not do so as promised.

So yes, Congress gets all the blame for failure to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

Congress did not want the corporate tax rate to be cut as low as 21 per cent. Trump went up a point or so to get the bill done, which he did. Same with lowering the rate for individuals and for corporate repatriation of cash held overseas. The GOP idiots wanted a higher rate than Trump did.

So, yes again, Trump gets the credit for the historic Tax Bill of 2017.

zico20
01-18-2018, 08:46 PM

Like I said if you hated it that much... cool. I just wouldn't have given it any more money... Hence why it wasn't a big deal to me.

Hillary was supposed to be a shoe in, then all it takes is a Democratic congress and the money would have been going overseas. Democrats WERE going to give billions of dollars to third world countries, so this voluntary thing is meaningless with the Democrats in charge.

fast4522
01-18-2018, 08:51 PM

It is not possible to keep that one, full repeal on the roll of more Jobs will be the ticket.

chrisl
01-18-2018, 09:09 PM

Damn Traveller: I sure hope you have some fruit orchards. You are one of the best Cherry Pickers. Only pick the good easy ones, leave the not so good, and tough to reach ones, to rot.

Clocker
01-18-2018, 09:37 PM
For over 7 years Republicans in Congress ran on repeal and replace ObamaCare. Long before Trump was on the National political scene too.

Did they do so in 2017 when they had a majority and a president who said he'd sign a r & r bill? No they did not do so as promised.

So yes, Congress gets all the blame for failure to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

As bad as ObamaCare is, and as generally ineffective as Obama was, the bill would never have passed without Obama and the White House doing a lot of heavy lifting to get it done. Obama was constantly on the road trying to sell it like a pig in a poke to the American people, and folks like Rahm Emanuel and Valerie Jerrod were working behind the scenes using carrot and stick persuasion on Dem members of Congress.

I saw nothing similar coming from this president or this White House. Did I miss something?

Congress did not want the corporate tax rate to be cut as low as 21 per cent. Trump went up a point or so to get the bill done, which he did. Same with lowering the rate for individuals and for corporate repatriation of cash held overseas. The GOP idiots wanted a higher rate than Trump did.A couple of compromised rates in a huge tax bill, and it's all about The Donald? :D

Do you really think that the Republicans wouldn't or couldn't pass a tax bill without Trump's compromises? Do you really think that he would have vetoed it if they did?

reckless
01-18-2018, 09:53 PM

I saw nothing similar coming from this president or this White House. Did I miss something?

A couple of compromised rates in a huge tax bill, and it's all about The Donald? :D

Do you really think that the Republicans wouldn't or couldn't pass a tax bill without Trump's compromises? Do you really think that he would have vetoed it if they did?

There's a lot people miss on here, that's for sure.

Do you think all the good that's come about since the Trump Tax Bill would have happened without Trump?

You probably do. :lol::lol:

MONEY
01-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Of course they would.
The republican congress would unanimously pass all of the Tax and Obama care repeal bills that a democrat president could veto.

Clocker
01-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Do you think all the good that's come about since the Trump Tax Bill would have happened without Trump?

You probably do. :lol::lol:

You totally ignored the ObamaCare issue, and you are dodging the tax issue.

You said that Trump's contribution to a 500 page tax bill was to compromise on a few rates. How does that make it The Donald's Tax Bill, and why would it not have been passed without those compromises?

Clearly such a bill would not have been passed under the Hillary Administration. And as I have said many times here, few if any of the other GOP candidates would have been able to beat Hillary.

But that still doesn't remove all blame from Trump for the failure of the OCare R&R, nor does it give him all, or even most, of the credit for the tax bill.

Clocker
01-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Of course they would.
The republican congress would unanimously pass all of the Tax and Obama care repeal bills that a democrat president could veto.

My argument is that ObamaCare repeal and replace would have had a much better chance of success if the president and the White House had put the effort into it that Obama and his people put into passing it.

And that the fan boys who give all the credit for the tax bill to Trump and none of it to Congress are dreaming, and that they are going to be in for a rude awakening from here on out. The easy part of the agenda is over for the Republicans.

reckless
01-19-2018, 12:17 AM
You totally ignored the ObamaCare issue, and you are dodging the tax issue.

You said that Trump's contribution to a 500 page tax bill was to compromise on a few rates. How does that make it The Donald's Tax Bill, and why would it not have been passed without those compromises?

Clearly such a bill would not have been passed under the Hillary Administration. And as I have said many times here, few if any of the other GOP candidates would have been able to beat Hillary.

But that still doesn't remove all blame from Trump for the failure of the OCare R&R, nor does it give him all, or even most, of the credit for the tax bill.

OK, you are right.

Trump did nothing at all -- except fail. :lol::lol:

You know everything -- even when it's incorrect and patently stupid.

Weren't you one of two experts that said Trump would NEVER get companies to build plants in the USA; never stop companies from leaving the USA and going overseas; there would be no companies coming here and creating manufacturing jobs? That Trump did not know a single thing about free trade, fair trade, or any trade at all? YES you did.

And much of this started before the Inauguration which means absolutely nothing to you because Trump had nothing to do with ... anything. :lol::lol:

I guess the 200 + companies as of right now that announced bonuses, job hirings, plans to build manufacturing plants and invest in the USA ... silly stuff like that ... must NOT have gotten your memo or your insight on how Trump is really just a dope and can't get anything done!! Because, he doesn't know anything. :lol::lol:

As Tim Cook of Apple said the other day -- which was similar to other CEOs who are making this country great again: Companies are now investing in the USA because of the Tax benefits thanks to the Trump Tax Bill! And if Trump didn't get the GOP nod -- something you also said would never happen, Hillary! would have been president and the GOP would be on the verge of extinction.

As per Obama Care r & r ... your 'conservative' GOP leaders told Trump they had the votes. Once again, the pre-Trump GOP ran on r & r ObamaCare for 7 years. What part of reality are you ignoring? The GOP simply didn't get the job done -- plain and simple. They lied to Trump and lied to the American people who voted them in for years.

The same GOP leaders wanted to originally pass a much less favorable tax bill with slightly higher rates, a border tax, a higher repatriation tax, etc., but Trump said no and wound up pushing for and getting an all-around better Tax Bill. It then passed and was signed by Trump.

The great Trump Tax Bill we now have in law would not have been there and the GOP bill would not have been nearly as great if Trump was not the president.

Same said for our roaring economy, exploding stock market, 3+ per cent GDP growth so far, jobs, jobs, jobs and an overall better opportunity for all citizens.

Grouse all you want. No one is interested in what you guys have to say any longer.

Clocker
01-19-2018, 01:04 AM
OK, you are right.

Weren't you one of two experts that said Trump would NEVER get companies to build plants in the USA; never stop companies from leaving the USA and going overseas; there would be no companies coming here and creating manufacturing jobs? That Trump did not know a single thing about free trade, fair trade, or any trade at all? YES you did.

Another classic pointless, partisan rant, ignoring facts and the issues under discussion and trying to personally attack any critic of the Immaculate Donald. Please don't attribute any statement to me without a cite. It is a really ugly habit. Like most of your posts idolizing The Donald, this one would benefit from some facts.

But since you bring it up, I would agree that Trump's ignorance about foreign trade in general, and balance of trade in particular, is YUGE. Trump clearly does not understand trade deficits or trade surpluses or their impact on the economy. Respected economists on both sides of the political aisle agree on that. Trump's orations on the subject are emotional, not rational.

Hint: You don't have to know anything about balance of trade to deal in NY real estate. It is not something that can be imported or exported. Same principle applies to being the on-screen talent for a 3rd rate "reality" TV show.

boxcar
01-19-2018, 07:53 AM
Mr. Jorge’s wild (and illegal) ride

https://personalliberty.com/mr-jorges-wild-illegal-ride/

To be sure a sad story with an equally sad but hardly unexpected or unpredictable ending. It took 30 years for Jorge to reap what he has sown but it finally caught up to him.

woodtoo
01-19-2018, 08:46 AM
Mr. Jorge’s wild (and illegal) ride

https://personalliberty.com/mr-jorges-wild-illegal-ride/

To be sure a sad story with an equally sad but hardly unexpected or unpredictable ending. It took 30 years for Jorge to reap what he has sown but it finally caught up to him.

Get him out, and take his coat!!

Tom
01-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Hint: You don't have to know anything about balance of trade to deal in NY real estate. It is not something that can be imported or exported. Same principle applies to being the on-screen talent for a 3rd rate "reality" TV show.

If those who do understand this stuff are running the show now, then I say it is time for someone who has no clue to take a shot at it. It is not working very good right now. The bottom line is NOTHING freaking works in government. Maybe an Apprentice has a more open mind than the swamp rats in DC today.

dkithore
01-19-2018, 09:02 AM
OK, you are right.

And much of this started before the Inauguration which means absolutely nothing to you because Trump had nothing to do with ... anything. :lol::lol:

I guess the 200 + companies as of right now that announced bonuses, job hirings, plans to build manufacturing plants and invest in the USA ... silly stuff like that ... must NOT have gotten your memo or your insight on how Trump is really just a dope and can't get anything done!! Because, he doesn't know anything. :lol::lol:

As Tim Cook of Apple said the other day -- which was similar to other CEOs who are making this country great again: Companies are now investing in the USA because of the Tax benefits thanks to the Trump Tax Bill! And if Trump didn't get the GOP nod -- something you also said would never happen, Hillary! would have been president and the GOP would be on the verge of extinction.

As per Obama Care r & r ... your 'conservative' GOP leaders told Trump they had the votes. Once again, the pre-Trump GOP ran on r & r ObamaCare for 7 years. What part of reality are you ignoring? The GOP simply didn't get the job done -- plain and simple. They lied to Trump and lied to the American people who voted them in for years.

The same GOP leaders wanted to originally pass a much less favorable tax bill with slightly higher rates, a border tax, a higher repatriation tax, etc., but Trump said no and wound up pushing for and getting an all-around better Tax Bill. It then passed and was signed by Trump.

The great Trump Tax Bill we now have in law would not have been there and the GOP bill would not have been nearly as great if Trump was not the president.

Same said for our roaring economy, exploding stock market, 3+ per cent GDP growth so far, jobs, jobs, jobs and an overall better opportunity for all citizens.

Grouse all you want. No one is interested in what you guys have to say any longer.
A very factual and sensible post, imo. I am sure some folks here will refuse the tax cut on Feb. 1.

Tom
01-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Perhap horsey, mostie, FanDan will continue to send in the difference to the general ground.

Would you guys like the opportunity to bolster up your credibility here by signing pledges to do this, and posting them here?

Or is whining the ceiling of your commitment?

Clocker
01-19-2018, 11:05 AM
If those who do understand this stuff are running the show now, then I say it is time for someone who has no clue to take a shot at it. It is not working very good right now. The bottom line is NOTHING freaking works in government. Maybe an Apprentice has a more open mind than the swamp rats in DC today.

Trump does not understand that the fact that US citizens buy more goods from Mexico than they buy from us is not a problem. The money doesn't pile up in Mexico. Trump seems to think that it does, and wants that money to pay for a wall. In reality, that money comes back into the US one way or another. Either they buy things from other countries who use the dollars to buy things from us, or they invest the money in the US.

...even if Mexico did have an overall trade (or current-account) surplus, this surplus would not mean that Mexico has ready cash at hand to pay for a border wall. When a country has a current-account surplus its citizens have much of that surplus invested in other countries, including in the U.S. In 2015 (the most recent year for which this datum is available) the value of Mexican direct investment in the U.S. was $16.6 billion. And as of November 2017, Mexicans held nearly $41 billion worth of U.S. treasury securities. Add to these holdings the value of Mexican-owned real-estate in the U.S. and of Mexicans’ equity investments here other than direct investments, and it becomes clear that if you somehow did compel Mexicans to pay for your wall, they would do so by liquidating many of their existing investments in the U.S.http://cafehayek.com/

woodtoo
01-19-2018, 02:33 PM
On Gov. shutdown - Senator Feinstein stated "People die, accidents happen"
Then went on to say she's not sure how she'll vote.
Without the vote there is no hope.

boxcar
01-19-2018, 04:32 PM
On Gov. shutdown - Senator Feinstein stated "People die, accidents happen"
Then went on to say she's not sure how she'll vote.
Without the vote there is no hope.

Doesn't matter how she votes. People will continue to die with or without her vote. I have plenty of history on my side to back up this statement. :coffee:

Track Collector
01-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but:

When a Government Shutdown occurs, a significant part of Government continues to stay up and running. It is not as massive as some would lead you to believe. The motives would appear to be that of scare tactics.

Regardless of the amount of shutdown, the Democrats will fully OWN it.

They believe they can pin the blame on Republicans, along with the help of their friends in the corrupt main stream media.

woodtoo
01-19-2018, 05:43 PM

When a Government Shutdown occurs, a significant part of Government continues to stay up and running. It is not as massive as some would lead you to believe. The motives would appear to be that of scare tactics.

They believe they can pin the blame on Republicans, along with the help of their friends in the corrupt main stream media.

It's who they are and how they operate. So Alinsky

Lemon Drop Husker
01-19-2018, 05:48 PM

The Govt services will still run, but the employees won't get paid.

Our soldiers around the world won't be getting paid. TSA agents, National Parks employees, and on and on and on.

In a society in which over 50% of the people live on a month to month paycheck basis, we are looking at a stop for 800K illegal immigrants.

I say we put up Schumer and Pelosi in a local Motel 6 together till they get it figured out.

jocko699
01-19-2018, 05:58 PM

Our soldiers around the world won't be getting paid. TSA agents, National Parks employees, and on and on and on.

In a society in which over 50% of the people live on a month to month paycheck basis, we are looking at a stop for 800K illegal immigrants.

I say we put up Schumer and Pelosi in a local Motel 6 together till they get it figured out.

All military personnel with be effected. Many truly live paycheck to paycheck. This is not only a travesty but to tie it with illegal aliens, illegal immigrants, whatever they want to ffing call them must lead to accountability in the future. Do they not wonder why the majority of the military vote one way?

chadk66
01-19-2018, 07:21 PM
I love the name for it "The Schumer Shutdown" lol. Very fitting.

chrisl
01-19-2018, 07:22 PM
All military personnel with be effected. Many truly live paycheck to paycheck. This is not only a travesty but to tie it with illegal aliens, illegal immigrants, whatever they want to ffing call them must lead to accountability in the future. Do they not wonder why the majority of the military vote one way?

And add insult to injury. The illegals are protesting this, by burning the American flag, that are great men and women in the military, are risking there life to protect.

zico20
01-19-2018, 08:40 PM
Look at the comments the Democrats said in 2013 about the possible shut down of the government at that time. It was ugly to say the least. Oh how they have changed their tune. Pathetic.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/19/democrats-ready-to-block-bill-to-avert-shutdown-sang-different-tune-in-2013.html

woodtoo
01-19-2018, 09:59 PM
The Dems are going all in to pay and support criminals (illegals) at the cost of
legal Americans even those protecting their very freedoms.
How can this be you may ask yourselves, especially at a time when it is not necessary since this shutdown is not about immigration, it is about passing a budget to keep the government up and running. Dems are holding the country hostage plain and simple.

Had Hilary won.... well lucky us.

jocko699
01-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Well, seems like our POS that call themselves Congress has done it tonight. No passage of funding for the US government. Would the vote had been different if they didn't get paid?

barahona44
01-19-2018, 11:21 PM

Hey, man, I just ate.:lol:

On a serious note:

GOP White House
GOP Senate
GOP House

People are going to think the GOP can't get its collective sh#t together and the Republicans will take most of the blame. Especially on Trump's one year anniversary as President.

davew
01-19-2018, 11:44 PM

In the past, they have always been paid in full. If the shutdown is over a payday, then the payment comes late.

The 'non essential' employees also get paid for the days they did not work - essentially a paid vacation.

upthecreek
01-20-2018, 08:55 AM
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/19/cnns-jim-acosta-can-shutdown-democrats-fault/

woodtoo
01-20-2018, 09:35 AM
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/19/cnns-jim-acosta-can-shutdown-democrats-fault/

CNN poll: Which is more important....
avoiding a shutdown or continuing DACA?

avoiding shutdown-56%
continuing DACA-34%
and these are CNN viewers. :D and of course the poll is skewed.:D

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 09:41 AM
CNN poll: Which is more important....
avoiding a shutdown or continuing DACA?

avoiding shutdown-56%
continuing DACA-34%
and these are CNN viewers. :D and of course the poll is skewed.:D

The poll also placed blame largely on the President and GOP congress. Surprising to some around these parts but not really all that surprising. :rolleyes:

Whats even more hilarious is the mental gymnastics some around here would have to do making their statements about the shut down in 2013 congruent with this shut down.

^^ Not necessarily you woodtoo.

tucker6
01-20-2018, 09:58 AM
Hey, man, I just ate.:lol:

On a serious note:

GOP White House
GOP Senate
GOP House

People are going to think the GOP can't get its collective sh#t together and the Republicans will take most of the blame. Especially on Trump's one year anniversary as President.

Apparently, math is hard for you so I'm going to help out.

51 < 60

barahona44
01-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Apparently, math is hard for you so I'm going to help out.

51 < 60

I know math just fine .1 GOP WH. + 1 GOP Senate. + 1 GOP House of Reps = the 3 big levers of the federal government.

I stand by my original statement about the PERCEPTION of responsibility for the shutdown.No one says you have to love it but when one party controls the Big Three Enchiladas,they get the blame.

MONEY
01-20-2018, 10:54 AM
I know math just fine .1 GOP WH. + 1 GOP Senate. + 1 GOP House of Reps = the 3 big levers of the federal government.

I stand by my original statement about the PERCEPTION of responsibility for the shutdown.No one says you have to love it but when one party controls the Big Three Enchiladas,they get the blame.

The republicans do not control the senate.
In order to control the senate a party needs a filibuster proof 60 senators.

I believe that President Obama had 60 democrat senators for a couple of years,
and we got out of it was Obamacare.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 10:58 AM
The republicans do not control the senate.
In order to control the senate a party needs a filibuster proof 60 senators.

I believe that President Obama had 60 democrat senators for a couple of years,
and we got out of it was Obamacare.

Trump would disagree with you...

https://youtu.be/-zZFNxnMie0

MONEY
01-20-2018, 11:11 AM
Trump would disagree with you...

https://youtu.be/-zZFNxnMie0

All Trump said, was that the person at the top gets blamed for failures and he is right.
That doesn't make what I wrote incorrect.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 11:12 AM
All Trump said, was that the person at the top gets blamed for failures and he is right.
That doesn't make what I wrote incorrect.

Yes my bad.

Not you. All the others who think this won't reflect poorly on Republicans and the President.

woodtoo
01-20-2018, 11:45 AM
It reflects badly on all involved, when the job doesn't get done.:ThmbDown:

zico20
01-20-2018, 11:49 AM

So what you are saying is that the Democrats purposely shut down the government to make the Republicans look bad. I guess they had to with the booming economy and good news coming out of Washington that left the Democrats irrelevant.

MONEY
01-20-2018, 12:00 PM
So what you are saying is that the Democrats purposely shut down the government to make the Republicans look bad. I guess they had to with the booming economy and good news coming out of Washington that left the Democrats irrelevant.

They also needed to get the Trump Dossier & FISA out of the Headlines.
Success!

boxcar
01-20-2018, 12:04 PM

I think you nailed it perfectly! Dems can't handle all this good economic news, politically, nor do they want the public to digest it too much. So, they get to play the Bad Boys and blame the republicans.

Tom
01-20-2018, 12:06 PM

It is blatantly obvious the the dems walked out on negotiations - REFUSED to to do the job they were elected to do. UpChuck Schumer has descended to depths hereto unknown to civilized people. HE is the POS big mouth who condemned the GOP previous shut-downs and now he is doing the EXACT same thing he has blamed the repubs for previously.

It was pre-planned to do this on Trump's anniversary. There was 0 change any bill would have been passed. 0. Nadda. As in 0bama, and NObrah.

Upchuckie and the rest of band of anti-american traitors put illegal immigrants ahead of US citizens and our military.

Upchuck is a disgusting POS.
And a liar. PUTIN is more of an American the ANY democrat. ANY of them.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 12:34 PM
It was pre-planned to do this on Trump's anniversary. There was 0 change any bill would have been passed. 0. Nadda. As in 0bama, and NObrah.

I'm not so sure. If you wanted to really vilify the democrats for a shutdown you would have just put it up for a vote. That way when it failed you could have really hammered them. My guess is it had a much higher chance of passing than Nada hence why it wasn't introduced.

MONEY
01-20-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm not so sure. If you wanted to really vilify the democrats for a shutdown you would have just put it up for a vote. That way when it failed you could have really hammered them. My guess is it had a much higher chance of passing than Nada hence why it wasn't introduced.
I believe the bill couldn't be voted on.

"Washington (CNN)Legislation to prevent the government from shutting down failed Friday night in the Senate ahead of the midnight deadline. The total on the procedural motion was 50-49, but 60 votes were needed to advance the bill."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/20/politics/senate-vote-government-shutdown/index.html

reckless
01-20-2018, 01:17 PM
All I know is that I cannot wait for the November elections.

The GOP will gain seats in both the House and Senate -- despite all the 'expert' commentary coming from so-called journalists and assorted lunatics in (un)social media outlets.

The landslide GOP victory in November will prove once again that blaming the Republicans for the current government shut down will not hurt them at all come election time.

And I will the remind the anti-Trumpers on here of all this, of course. They do have a history of running away and hiding from their prior silly and incorrect opinions, predictions and posts, especially the most guilty.

Maybe the biased and crazed media should put up a count-down clock to Election Day!

Can't wait for tomorrow because Donald Trump gets better every day

fast4522
01-20-2018, 01:48 PM
All I know is that I cannot wait for the November elections.

The GOP will gain seats in both the House and Senate -- despite all the 'expert' commentary coming from so-called journalists and assorted lunatics in (un)social media outlets.

The landslide GOP victory in November will prove once again that blaming the Republicans for the current government shut down will not hurt them at all come election time.

And I will the remind the anti-Trumpers on here of all this, of course. They do have a history of running away and hiding from their prior silly and incorrect opinions, predictions and posts, especially the most guilty.

Maybe the biased and crazed media should put up a count-down clock to Election Day!

Can't wait for tomorrow because Donald Trump gets better every day

That projection is likely to occur, but think immediate retribution might also occur. People here might think John Conyers might have been a product of research opposition, regardless of who leveled accusations. Major pounds of flesh are about to be served for various dirty deeds by the left. Should something happen to immediately conclude Robert Mueller current job it might spin off huge damage to the left.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 02:02 PM
I believe the bill couldn't be voted on.

"Washington (CNN)Legislation to prevent the government from shutting down failed Friday night in the Senate ahead of the midnight deadline. The total on the procedural motion was 50-49, but 60 votes were needed to advance the bill."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/20/politics/senate-vote-government-shutdown/index.html

I was referring to the immigration bill put forth by the gang of six. It's passage would have prevented shut down. If there was no fear of that happening GOP leadership would have put it up for a vote.

If it did pass it would put Trump in one hell of a bind.

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2018, 02:12 PM
I don't get it. It's like the cult of personality you see in documentaries on North Korea.Yeah, I bet it is.

You see, this is why you get so much shit. Total hyperbole like that.

You want to know why Trump supporters give him passes on things you think they should be howling over?

It's quite simple really. A smart guy like you should have already come up with this easy explanation.

I'm sure, like me, you peruse various news sites, both big time and small time, both on TV and on the web. What do you see on these sites? You see tons and tons of articles, opinion pieces and whatnot on Trump. Apparently, Trump sells.

And what are the vast majority of these news pieces and opinion pieces about? They are (the vast majority anyway), negative stories...hit pieces...and lots of time, some really PETTY stuff. Even this, I'm sure you would agree with me.

Thus, those that support him, they see all this stuff. Including the real petty shit that NOBODY would have cared about under any other administration (even BUSH II, believe it or not).

And these supporters are like HOLY SHIT man, enough already! What is going on here?

And after a while, the numbing effect comes into play, and you start NOT paying attention to ANY OF IT anymore, because the vast majority of it is still garbage that nobody really cares about.

And they're so tired of this shit, that any IMPORTANT SHIT that they might care about or might disagree with, GETS A PASS. That's right...they give Trump a pass on something that might not meet the conservative sniff test.

The constant bombardment of bullshit on top of bullshit has made them immune to stuff that maybe they shouldn't be immune to under normal circumstances.

Call it BS overload or information overload or whatever you want to call it.

All of it starts to fall under one umbrella.

The media has turned this presidency into one giant shit show for many.

And that's why Trump supporters don't care much about things they might want to care about, coming from this President.

fast4522
01-20-2018, 02:21 PM
I was referring to the immigration bill put forth by the gang of six. It's passage would have prevented shut down. If there was no fear of that happening GOP leadership would have put it up for a vote.

If it did pass it would put Trump in one hell of a bind.

No one is going to give them a pass and make 5 to 6 million illegals legitimate, wish anything you want but that is never going to happen.

davew
01-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I bet it is.

You want to know why Trump supporters give him passes on things you think they should be howling over?

It's quite simple really. A smart guy like you should have already come up with this easy explanation.

I'm sure, like me, you peruse various news sites, both big time and small time, both on TV and on the web. What do you see on these sites? You see tons and tons of articles, opinion pieces and whatnot on Trump. Apparently, Trump sells.

And what are the vast majority of these news pieces and opinion pieces about? They are (the vast majority anyway), negative stories...hit pieces...and lots of time, some really PETTY stuff. Even this, I'm sure you would agree with me.

Thus, those that support him, they see all this stuff. Including the real petty shit that NOBODY would have cared about under any other administration (even BUSH II, believe it or not).

And these supporters are like HOLY SHIT man, enough already! What is going on here?

And after a while, the numbing effect comes into play, and you start NOT paying attention to ANY OF IT anymore, because the vast majority of it is still garbage that nobody really cares about.

And they're so tired of this shit, that any IMPORTANT SHIT that they might care about or might disagree with, GETS A PASS. That's right...they give Trump a pass on something that might not meet the conservative sniff test.

The constant bombardment of bullshit on top of bullshit has made them immune to stuff that maybe they shouldn't be immune to under normal circumstances.

And that's why Trump supporters don't care much about things they might want to care about, coming from this President.

... and the detractors are jealous

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 02:31 PM
No one is going to give them a pass and make 5 to 6 million illegals legitimate, wish anything you want but that is never going to happen.

You are misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Tom said there was no chance of anything passing to avoid shutdown. What I said was I think there is a chance the gang of six bill would pass. If there wasn't a chance the Republicans would have let a vote on it occur that way when it failed they could truly say that it's the democrats fault.

But...

They didn't let a vote happen because IF it had actually passed the President would be in a real shitty bind, a shithole if you will ;). Because if he vetoed it HE would have 100% been responsible for the shut down. The party leadership did him a solid by not risking it's potential passage.

schweitz
01-20-2018, 02:41 PM
The party leadership did him a solid by not risking it's potential passage.[/QUOTE]

They did the country a favor by no risking it's potential passage.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I bet it is.

I hate to tell you this but you can't really call what I said hyperbole and then rationalize why people actually fit that description.

Most of those hit pieces are in fact case after case of Trump opening his mouth and inserting his foot. Those are brought on by himself. What else is amazing is the fact that people actually defend some of these things he's reported as saying while he is actually denying them!

As far as hit pieces and "unconfirmed sources" can we just cut the bullshit right there? Those same hit pieces and unconfirmed sources were sacred on here for 8 years.

I believed some of them then and I believe some of them now. What I do find particularly amazing though is watching the mental gymnastics some people twist themselves into to justifying one set of beliefs now when this board allows one to easily search how they felt prior.

The "Turn off the lights... and put out the sign" thread is particularly comical right now to me.

As an aside I'm glad you can at least admit the dude gets tons of passes from his fans when they should be expecting a bit more out of him. That's at least honest.

Being honest his rule thus far has been very Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio despite a foreign policy that is at best muddled.

fast4522
01-20-2018, 02:45 PM
You are misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Tom said there was no chance of anything passing to avoid shutdown. What I said was I think there is a chance the gang of six bill would pass. If there wasn't a chance the Republicans would have let a vote on it occur that way when it failed they could truly say that it's the democrats fault.

But...

They didn't let a vote happen because IF it had actually passed the President would be in a real shitty bind, a shithole if you will ;). Because if he vetoed it HE would have 100% been responsible for the shut down. The party leadership did him a solid by not risking it's potential passage.

Just like your buddy Harry Reid stopped everything, count the majority leader will vote block Chuck Schumer.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Just like your buddy Harry Reid stopped everything, count the majority leader will vote block Chuck Schumer.

I'd appreciate if you'd stop making up shit.

Where have I ever said anything positive about Harry Reid?

Did my post not make sense to you?

fast4522
01-20-2018, 03:04 PM
I'd appreciate if you'd stop making up shit.

Where have I ever said anything positive about Harry Reid?

Did my post not make sense to you?

He was your boy with the cattle land grazing standoff.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 03:06 PM
The party leadership did him a solid by not risking it's potential passage.

They did the country a favor by no risking it's potential passage.[/QUOTE]

The President would have had to veto it. Hence my whole point that shutdown possibly could have been averted but party leadership decided not to risk it.

In Tom's giant tirade (big for him) the only thing I'm not sure about was this statement:

Originally Posted by Tom

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2018, 03:09 PM
As far as hit pieces and "unconfirmed sources" can we just cut the bullshit right there? Those same hit pieces and unconfirmed sources were sacred on here for 8 years.Big difference there is that HERE and a few other places is where you would find those hit pieces and "unconfirmed sources" the past eight years.

NOW, you find them plastered all over the home news page of MSN.com and the WaPo...for starters.

This is what I'm talking about.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2018, 03:13 PM
He was your boy with the cattle land grazing standoff.

The Bundy thing?!!?

:pound::pound:

Yup definitely my boy. Hitting the sauce early today?

fast4522
01-20-2018, 04:02 PM

The Bundy thing?!!?

:pound::pound:

Yup definitely my boy. Hitting the sauce early today?

You lean too far, your branded. Not just me you know, write it off but don't expect that there will be open minds.

upthecreek
01-20-2018, 04:04 PM
It reflects badly on all involved, when the job doesn't get done.:ThmbDown:

A CNN poll shows that the Democrats’ push for amnesty is the big loser in the government shutdown fight — and likely will hurt Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections.
According to CNN:

56% overall say approving a budget agreement to avoid a shutdown is more important than continuing the DACA program, while just 34% choose DACA over a shutdown. Democrats break narrowly in favor of DACA — 49% say it’s more important vs. 42% who say avoiding a shutdown is the priority — while majorities of both Republicans (75%) and independents (57%) say avoiding a shutdown is more important.

chadk66
01-20-2018, 08:22 PM
A CNN poll shows that the Democrats’ push for amnesty is the big loser in the government shutdown fight — and likely will hurt Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections.
According to CNN:

56% overall say approving a budget agreement to avoid a shutdown is more important than continuing the DACA program, while just 34% choose DACA over a shutdown. Democrats break narrowly in favor of DACA — 49% say it’s more important vs. 42% who say avoiding a shutdown is the priority — while majorities of both Republicans (75%) and independents (57%) say avoiding a shutdown is more important.sounded like all the left wing media outlets were blaming the dems this morning.

fast4522
01-20-2018, 08:36 PM
sounded like all the left wing media outlets were blaming the dems this morning.

That is nothing, a few days of wheel barrels of negative mail and calls to staff at their office will have piss running down the legs. Look for Charles Ellis "Chuck" Schumer to be crying on television soon.

boxcar
01-20-2018, 08:48 PM
That is nothing, a few days of wheel barrels of negative mail and calls to staff at their office will have piss running down the legs. Look for Charles Ellis "Chuck" Schumer to be crying on television soon.

If Pelosi hasn't predicted dead bodies lying in the streets of America as a result of the shutdown, we have nothing to worry about.

FantasticDan
01-20-2018, 08:54 PM
https://twitter.com/carolhln/status/954875209319776256

FantasticDan
01-20-2018, 08:55 PM
https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/954436155969359872

fast4522
01-20-2018, 08:56 PM
If Pelosi hasn't predicted dead bodies lying in the streets of America as a result of the shutdown, we have nothing to worry about.

I just herd her laugh, just like Beavis and Butt-Head. She looks like death, you know the look that makes you think what is going to quit on her first.?

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2018, 12:54 AM
https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/954436155969359872Another "who question."

Who cares? Nobody. Nobody with any brains that is.

Gov't shutdown, just like a jockey strike at Aqueduct, is nothing more than hype that gets resolved sooner rather than later. In the meantime, life goes on as usual.

Thank me very much.

Clocker
01-21-2018, 01:17 AM

I'd bet that the vast majority of the comments coming into Schumer's office from his constituents are very supportive of his position.

jocko699
01-21-2018, 01:36 AM
I'd bet that the vast majority of the comments coming into Schumer's office from his constituents are very supportive of his position.

I agree that they are positive. Schumer has the advantage of knowing he will never be in the White House other than as a Senator. What's to lose?

barahona44
01-21-2018, 07:59 AM
Who cares?.

Is this quote igoing to be on your headstone? Because you sure use it a lot. :D

zico20
01-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Hey Dan, explain to me why DACA should be in any budget. Immigration has nothing to do with it. But I will play along. The Republicans should have inserted DACA into the bill along with 40 billion for the wall, an end to chain migration, an end to the visa lottery system, and funding for 10,000 more border agents. Would that have met with your approval. The budget and immigration could have all been done at the same time.:ThmbUp:

tucker6
01-21-2018, 09:39 AM
Hey Dan, explain to me why DACA should be in any budget. Immigration has nothing to do with it. But I will play along. The Republicans should have inserted DACA into the bill along with 40 billion for the wall, an end to chain migration, an end to the visa lottery system, and funding for 10,000 more border agents. Would that have met with your approval. The budget and immigration could have all been done at the same time.:ThmbUp:

The democrats, in their most hypocritical stance, would have wrung their hands asking how we were going to pay for all that.

Tom
01-21-2018, 10:30 AM
If the country is closed, then ALL visitors must leave.
Just like Disneyland.

fast4522
01-21-2018, 11:16 AM

The response by constituents of Schumer to his office is not important.
The heat of the Congress members who get letters and phone calls is important and the focus I was assigning, the tears in Schumer's eyes will be from his leadership falling apart when those under him vote and get out of the kitchen that has the heat. Now that I clarified that your response might be on a different aspect to rebuke something else? It is time to change the rules in the Senate and cut off their balls soon.

Clocker
01-21-2018, 11:26 AM
the tears in Schumer's eyes will be from his leadership falling apart when those under him vote and get out of the kitchen that has the heat. .

The Democrats in the Senate are 100% behind Schumer. How is his leadership position going to fall apart?

Tom
01-21-2018, 11:32 AM
It is natural.
Flies and a turd.

My apologies to turd everywhere for the analogy.
And flies.

FantasticDan
01-21-2018, 04:04 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/955171919313231872

FantasticDan
01-21-2018, 05:40 PM
https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/955151630302883841

tucker6
01-21-2018, 05:45 PM
If Graham supports it, that makes me suspicious.

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2018, 05:46 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/955171919313231872Why would more non-white people or less white people be viewed as a positive or a negative, as stated in your article?

Why is it inherently positive that the USA become more non-white? And why is it inherently negative that the USA become more white? Again, I am basing these questions on the VOX article you posted.

I don't quite understand why a shift in racial demographics is seen as a positive or negative either way you mix it up.

Maybe you can answer this question for me.

Bottom line, it is a negative when ANY race is intentionally promoted or intentionally suppressed. So why does that VOX article read like a less white America is positive while a more white America is negative?

davew
01-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Why would more non-white people or less white people be viewed as a positive or a negative, as stated in your article?

Why is it inherently positive that the USA become more non-white? And why is it inherently negative that the USA become more white? Again, I am basing these questions on the VOX article you posted.

I don't quite understand why a shift in racial demographics is seen as a positive or negative either way you mix it up.

Maybe you can answer this question for me.

Bottom line, it is a negative when ANY race is intentionally promoted or intentionally suppressed. So why does that VOX article read like a less white America is positive while a more white America is negative?

you know the answer to that, the author is racist.

FantasticDan
01-21-2018, 06:01 PM
Why would more non-white people or less white people be viewed as a positive or a negative, as stated in your article?

:confused: Please refer me to what specific parts of the article led you to this conclusion..

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2018, 06:31 PM
White Americans are declining as a percentage of the population of the United States, from roughly 69 percent of the population in 2000 to 64 percent in 2010. As of July 1, 2015, just over half of all babies under the age of 1 born in the United States were racial and ethnic minorities. Mixed-race Americans are the second-fastest-growing ethnic group in America.

For many Americans, this is a positive development. But for “racial realists,” this is an emergency.

The article does not go on to state why whites declining as a percentage of the population is seen as positive by "many Americans," although it does try and explain (actually devotes quite a bit of time explaining), the ideas held by SOME who see a white decline as negative.

Why exactly would one racial segment of the US population declining or increasing be inherently positive or negative?

FantasticDan
01-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Why exactly would one racial segment of the US population declining or increasing be inherently positive or negative?Liberal scumbags such as myself tend to believe that an increase in racial diversity isn't a terrible thing to be afraid of. Isn't that what it boils down to?

Tom
01-21-2018, 07:00 PM
Then why don't you sneak over the border and diversify Mexico?
What specific benefits does diversity give us?

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Liberal scumbags such as myself tend to believe that an increase in racial diversity isn't a terrible thing to be afraid of. Isn't that what it boils down to?That's good. One shouldn't be afraid.

But you haven't answered my question.

I asked why the increase of one race or the decrease of one race should be viewed as a positive or a negative. Who determines exactly which race is inherently good or bad, and do we lump all people of said race into the good or bad category when it comes to the culling of the "bad" race?

FantasticDan
01-21-2018, 07:23 PM
I asked why the increase of one race or the decrease of one race should be viewed as a positive or a negative. Who determines exactly which race is inherently good or bad, and do we lump all people of said race into the good or bad category when it comes to the culling of the "bad" race?Nobody is saying more or less of one race or another is either a good or bad thing.

Some people find value in diversity. Others feel threatened by it. The article was about how the latter has shaped Trump’s immigration policy.

letswastemoney
01-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Look at how Japan is. It's not diverse at all, and Islam is almost non-existent. And there's almost no crime in that country.

I'm brown, but I think the United States is diverse enough.

jocko699
01-21-2018, 07:27 PM

I am Scottish and agree with you:pound::pound::pound:

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2018, 08:20 PM
Nobody is saying more or less of one race or another is either a good or bad thing. Of course they are. I quoted directly from the VOX article you linked to on here.

They said that exactly. They said that the decline in the white population of the USA is viewed by "many Americans" as a positive.

They didn't go on to criticize the "many Americans" that view this as positive, but they did go on to criticize another group who holds opposite views. So I must conclude that the writer/publisher of the article agrees that it is a positive that the population of whiteys is declining in the USA...or in your words, a GOOD THING.

So your first statement in your reply above is completely incorrect. They are saying less whiteys is a good thing.

woodtoo
01-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Nobody is saying more or less of one race or another is either a good or bad thing.

Some people find value in diversity. Others feel threatened by it. The article was about how the latter has shaped Trump’s immigration policy.

Chain migration shapes his immigration policy as it shapes your immigration values, the difference is POTUS admits and believes this but you would not admit yours.;)

reckless
01-21-2018, 09:19 PM
Look at how Japan is. It's not diverse at all, and Islam is almost non-existent. And there's almost no crime in that country.

This was sent me via pvt email, with no attachment for me to include here.

Here's what I was sent:

Japan, something to think about

Japan - some interesting facts:

* Hiroshima has returned to what it was economically before the atomic bomb was dropped.

* Japan prevents the use of mobile phones in trains, restaurants and indoors.

* For first to sixth primary year Japanese students must learn ethics in dealing with people.

* Even though one of the richest people in the world, the Japanese do not have servants. The parents are responsible for the house and children.

* There is no examination from the first to the third primary level because the goal of education is to instill concepts and character building.

* If you go to a buffet restaurant in Japan you will notice people only eat as much as they need without any waste because food must not be wasted.

* The rate of delayed trains in Japan is about 7 seconds per year!! The Japanese appreciate the value of time and are very punctual to minutes and seconds.

* Children in schools brush their teeth (sterile) and clean their teeth after a meal at school, teaching them to maintain their health from an early age.

* Japanese students take half an hour to finish their meals to ensure proper digestion because these students are the future of Japan.

The Japanese focus on maintaining their culture. Therefore, no political leader or a prime minister from an Islamic nation has visited Japan; not the Ayatollah of Iran; the King of Saudi Arabia or even a Saudi Prince!

* Japan is a country keeping Islam at bay by putting strict restrictions on Islam and ALL Muslims.

1) Japan is the only nation that does not give citizenship to Muslims.

2) In Japan permanent residency is not given to Muslims.

3) There is a strong ban on the propagation of Islam in Japan

4) In the University of Japan, Arabic or any Islamic language is not taught.

5) One cannot import a 'Koran' published in the Arabic language.

6) According to data published by the Japanese government, it has given temporary residency to only 2 lakhs, Muslims, who must follow the Japanese Law of the Land. These Muslims should speak Japanese and carry out their religious rituals in their homes.

7) Japan is the only country in the world that has a negligible number of embassies in Islamic countries.

8) Muslims residing in Japan are the employees of foreign companies.

9) Even today, visas are not granted to Muslim doctors, engineers or managers sent by foreign companies.

10) In the majority of companies it is stated in their regulations that no Muslims should apply for a job.

11) The Japanese government is of the opinion that Muslims are fundamentalist, and even in the era of globalization they are not willing to change their Muslim laws.

12) Muslims cannot even rent a house in Japan.

13) If anyone comes to know that his neighbor is a Muslim then the whole neighborhood stays alert.

14) No one can start an Islamic cell or Arabic 'Madrasa' in Japan.

15) There is no Sharia Law in Japan

16) If a Japanese woman marries a Muslim, she is considered an outcast forever.

17) According to Mr. Kumiko Yagi, Professor of Arab/Islamic Studies at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies: "There is a mind frame in Japan that Islam is a very narrow minded religion and one should stay away from it."

The Japanese might have lost the war, but they are in charge of their own country. There are no bombs going off in crowded business centers, no "honor killings", nor killing of innocent children or anyone else.

Something to think about.

oughtoh
01-21-2018, 11:24 PM
I have a friend that works in Japan 4 months a year at a ski resort there and he loves it there. This is his third year there and he can't wait for Dec. to come so he can go over there. He has never had a problem or even seen a problem while he has been there.

FantasticDan
01-21-2018, 11:41 PM

Here's what I was sent:
The Muslim stuff is baloney:

https://www.snopes.com/muslims-in-japan/

elysiantraveller
01-21-2018, 11:48 PM

Here's what I was sent:

Well that turned Islamophobic quick...

reckless
01-22-2018, 05:38 AM

Could be baloney, FanDan, yes. I don't believe all the stuff I read is completely accurate.

snopes.com, for instance, is a pretty discredited site as a 'fact' checking media.

biggestal99
01-22-2018, 06:23 AM

Not to get this thread into horse racing (perish the thought)

But sheik mo owns and breeds horses in Japan and is a licensed owner there.

Allan

upthecreek
01-22-2018, 06:36 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/955369975115481088

woodtoo
01-22-2018, 08:19 AM
I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.

What a refreshingly safe place to visit, Japanese immigrants are welcomed.
My best friend from 15 until he married and moved to another province was Japanese, his whole family was a charm to know.

elysiantraveller
01-22-2018, 10:26 AM
I've met this man a couple times. Brings an interesting perspective to the whole DACA discussion.

http://wwmt.com/news/local/family-friends-heart-broken-after-ice-arrests-bronson-doctor

Clocker
01-22-2018, 11:33 AM
I asked why the increase of one race or the decrease of one race should be viewed as a positive or a negative. Who determines exactly which race is inherently good or bad, and do we lump all people of said race into the good or bad category when it comes to the culling of the "bad" race?

The unspoken belief on the left is that the evils of this country stem from white (male) identity politics, and that Trump is the personification of that evil.

Liberals are reacting to the fact that the Democratic Party was once the party of the white working-class voters, and they lost that solid support. The most recent example being those voters switching to Trump. Diversity is seen as the "cure" for the white majority in this country, and the supposed resulting "white privilege".

Tom
01-22-2018, 12:30 PM
That is the idea behind the dens "big Tent."
All kinds of people, lots of diversity.

Too bad it turned out to Ringling Brothers' tent and it is filled with a freak show!
And to prove my point, they just lost the election by running the FAT LADY!

Clocker
01-22-2018, 12:42 PM
That is the idea behind the dens "big Tent."
All kinds of people, lots of diversity.

If you look at the discussions in the liberal media about the 2020 presidential election, there appears to be one point of general agreement: the Democratic candidate should not be a white male.

boxcar
01-22-2018, 01:03 PM

Here's what I was sent:

Wow! Talk about "islamophobia" cubed! :lol::lol::lol:

_______
01-22-2018, 02:14 PM
Wow! Talk about "islamophobia" cubed! :lol::lol::lol:

I’m sure whomever sent it to reckless has other redeeming features.

The Japanese constitution doesn’t allow discrimination by religion and their immigration forms don’t even ask for a religious identity.

Not that facts ever get in the way of a good anti-immigrant screed here but it’s still worth the effort of noting when demonstrably false information is being passed off as fact.

Clocker
01-22-2018, 02:30 PM

The Japanese constitution doesn’t allow discrimination by religion and their immigration forms don’t even ask for a religious identity.

Not that facts ever get in the way of a good anti-immigrant screed here but it’s still worth the effort of noting when demonstrably false information is being passed off as fact.

An internet search on "Japan Islam" finds numerous articles debunking that "document" in some detail, and none supporting it in any way. It was apparently widely circulated on the net about 3 years ago.

boxcar
01-22-2018, 03:21 PM

Here's a newsflash for you, Nameless: Whatever Japan's Constitution or immigration policy is, I don't recall those inscrutable folks over there having any immigration problems or terror attacks on their soil. And that is more than can be said for the U.S.A.!

I do know this about Japan for sure: They are very jealous for their own culture. Very protective of it. Call it nationalism or whatever you want.

Ocala Mike
01-22-2018, 03:53 PM
I don't recall those inscrutable folks over there having any immigration problems or terror attacks on their soil.

I do - of course, it was "domestic terrorism."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack

zico20
01-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Here's a newsflash for you, Nameless: Whatever Japan's Constitution or immigration policy is, I don't recall those inscrutable folks over there having any immigration problems or terror attacks on their soil. And that is more than can be said for the U.S.A.!

I do know this about Japan for sure: They are very jealous for their own culture. Very protective of it. Call it nationalism or whatever you want.

I call it common sense.

biggestal99
01-22-2018, 04:12 PM

It’s pretty easy to defend your borders when you are bunch of small islands.

The United States has thousands of miles of land borders to defend.

Allan

biggestal99
01-22-2018, 04:13 PM
I call it common sense.

Common sense to deny entry to foreign horses except in certain select group races.

Allan

zico20
01-22-2018, 06:34 PM
Common sense to deny entry to foreign horses except in certain select group races.

Allan

No, because unlike the horses, the people never go home

Inner Dirt
01-22-2018, 07:03 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/daca-recipients-temporarily-block-disneyland-entrance-as-act-of-civil-disobedience/ar-AAv1V1Q?li=BBnbfcL

What would happen to USA citizens if they were illegally in Mexico and decided to block traffic?

I say what is fair is fair, citizens of foreign countries should get treated the same way a USA citizen would be treated in their country. We have let this go too far, illegal immigrants having the same or more rights than our citizens? In California I was rear ended by an illegal immigrant with no insurance and driver's license, the cop let him go without even a citation. He just took an accident report. If the situation was reversed I would have got a trip to jail.

Tom
01-22-2018, 09:02 PM
No, because unlike the horses, the people never go home
And the horses don't jump over fences to get here...:lol:

reckless
01-22-2018, 11:07 PM
Back to the Davos section of the thread ...

Our sensational, extremely successful US President -- and sole leader of the Free World -- Donald J. Trump will be the first president since 2000 to speak at Davos next week.

Trump is expected to reach out to all countries to invest in America's new policy of accelerating economic growth, low corporate taxes and less regulation.

It is very good that Trump will attend and speak at Davos. His presence will send a strong message to the world that the elites-driven Davos era of socialism, globalism and closed markets is fast coming to an end.

horses4courses
01-23-2018, 12:01 AM
It is very good that Trump will attend and speak at Davos. [/B].

That may be so.
I understand, though, that he'll be doing so without his wife at his side.
That's a shame.....I'm sure he will miss her terribly. :liar:

Seems that the tales of affairs with porn stars are affecting the FLOTUS.
This president is all about breaking records. Hmmmmm.......let's see.....
first acting POTUS to divorce while in office? Making America great again!!!

I wonder what it will take for Melania to put up with his crap until 2020?
The promise of a bigger settlement at the end of the rainbow?
What a guy! He's making many lawyers very happy....and wealthy.

reckless
01-23-2018, 12:11 AM
That may be so.

You never before acted as someone with any moral purpitude, so what's this obsession with Trump's sex life all of a sudden?? :lol::lol:

Thanks to Trump people's 401(k) is now an 801(k) ...

I can't wait until tomorrow because Trump gets better every day.

horses4courses
01-23-2018, 12:15 AM
You never before acted as someone with any moral purpitude, so what's this obsession with Trump's sex life all of a sudden?? :lol::lol:

I truly care very little about his sex life.
His wife? That's probably a different story.

reckless
01-23-2018, 12:19 AM

Well, that's nice hfc. Hope you've been well and welcome back.

jocko699
01-23-2018, 12:20 AM

It seems to me horsey you get off on other people's purported sex lives. Find a small stuffed animal and pretend it is your husband.

ElKabong
01-23-2018, 01:56 AM
It seems to me horsey you get off on other people's purported sex lives. Find a small stuffed animal and pretend it is your husband.

Fairly obvious h4c has an issue associated with others sex life. I'd have worded it differently but we see him the same way.

Inner Dirt
01-23-2018, 09:51 AM
That may be so.

First it is obvious you will believe any negative rumor about Trump without an ounce of proof. Also being the hypocrite that most liberals are you probably weren't bothered by Slick Willie's escapades. What I find comical is how most liberals explain away their hypocrisy and double standards. How do you explain yours?

zico20
01-23-2018, 09:52 AM
That may be so.

Don't you mean 2024! :D

Tom
01-23-2018, 11:35 AM

Maybe she will show the same tenacity that Hillary did and lie through her teeth about a vast conspiracy against her husband and even go out and ATTACK those victims the scumbag took advantage of.

Glass, house, horsey, glass house.

Been there done that, only much worse that anything Trump has done.
Billy Boy took advantage the public trust and offices he held to maul women and young girls. And in the Oval Office no less.

No one can get more piggy than Billy boy.

davew
01-23-2018, 12:14 PM
CA undocumented Uber driver charged with using job to target drunk women...

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/mexican-uber-driver-us-illegally-200110745.html

woodtoo
01-23-2018, 06:08 PM
SCOTUS to speed up DACA case. Janet Napolitaino was the chief plaintiff whom is now President of University of California. ( former secretary of Homeland Security.

Tom
01-24-2018, 10:05 AM
SCOTUS to speed up DACA case. Janet Napolitaino was the chief plaintiff whom is now President of University of California. ( former secretary of Homeland Security.

Otherwise known as the Wacko from Waco.
He Nazi-esque storm trooper attack will be in TV in the next couple of weeks. If anything ever made the US look bad in the eyes of the world it was that debacle.

She might be called to testify, so I heard she is polishing up her Jack Boots.

horses4courses
01-24-2018, 10:28 AM

No.
This is merely your vivid imagination at work.
Pretty sick, too, I would say.

My post was simply addressing a rift between POTUS and FLOTUS.
Perhaps it's exaggerated but, more likely, divorce is imminent.

FantasticDan
01-24-2018, 12:33 PM
https://twitter.com/AdrienneLaF/status/956187410781622272

Clocker
01-24-2018, 12:42 PM
You can't make this stuff up. Chuck Schumer wants to know why this administration is spending so much time targeting "law-abiding illegal immigrants". This guy went to Harvard Law School?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/schumer-raids-are-snaring-law-abiding-illegals/article/2614688