PDA

View Full Version : ESPN report, Tom Herman to LSU

ElKabong
11-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Congrats if true. I'd sure liked to have seen him in Austin but Charlie has left a dumpster fire there. It's like a kindergarten with a locker room. Bunch of spoiled 19 year olds that think being bowl eligible is a tremendous accomplishment and worthy of supreme praise.

He'll do great at LSU. Might be a changing of the guard soon in the $ec west.

ElKabong
11-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Supposedly Texas is to make its pitch late tonight or early tomorrow to Herman's agent

Even with the loss to Memphis today, Herman is a hot commodity.

JustRalph
11-25-2016, 11:20 PM
Supposedly Texas is to make its pitch late tonight or early tomorrow to Herman's agent

His stewardship of the OSU offense in their improbable run to the first undisputed championship is his crowning achievement and Ohio State hasn't been the same since he left

ElKabong
11-25-2016, 11:44 PM
His stewardship of the OSU offense in their improbable run to the first undisputed championship is his crowning achievement and Ohio State hasn't been the same since he left

Can we make a deal? We take Meyer off your hands and you can nab Herman ;)

We'd love to get Urban Meyer, but that's as much a pipe dream as getting Saban was three years ago. Urban would be crazy to leave what he's built. Maybe several years down the road, but he's in great shape with those young kids on the two deep.

Dahoss2002
11-26-2016, 02:57 AM
I'm just happy JUMBO is staying at Florida State. Herman, Fedora, or stay with Coach O is fine with me.

JustRalph
11-26-2016, 09:07 AM
He passed on LSU.

PhantomOnTour
11-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Station out of Baton Rouge is reporting that Orgeron has been hired as the head coach

kingfin66
11-26-2016, 11:31 AM
The Pac 12 may have some big openings to fill, most notably Oregon and ucla. Maybe he working on getting one of those.

ElKabong
11-26-2016, 01:56 PM

Looks like he chose TEXAS. I'm a bit surprised he chose UT over LSU at this particular time. Hornfans.com reporting the offer is six million per, for six years. He's scheduled to meet with his team late today

Also reported he has in home visits as a UT coaching representative today and tomorrow with two 5 star recruits.... I read it on the Internet. So it must be true...

I feel bad for Buechele, he did everything asked. But hermans offense doesn't match Shane's skills. Either Heard goes back to qb, or Ehrlinger starts as a true frosh next year....and Kyle Allen may follow Herman from UH (transferred from aggy during their meltdown last season)

Watching the Michigan TOSU game right now, as long as we have a defense like that again, I'm happy.

ElKabong
11-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Station out of Baton Rouge is reporting that Orgeron has been hired as the head coach

Like dahoss mentioned, if you can't get the big splash now, just wait till one is available. Seems smart

they made a play for Herman, I'm really surprised he passed LSU in favor of Texas at this point in time. LSU is in far better shape and the fan base would consider anyone putting them over the top as a god.

As a handicapper, it may have been wise to pass on Herman. Six mill a year is tough to swallow for a guy with three losses in a mid major conference, even if the upside is considered high. Bigger fish might be available next year

cj
11-26-2016, 02:13 PM
A player from OU was chastised by his coach and many others this year for "quitting" on the team because he has had concussion issues and has NFL talent and chose to stop. Yet we see it all the time from these same coaches. It is disgusting.

This Herman guy looked dead at the camera and bold face lied before the game yesterday.

JustRalph
11-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Only in big time sports and big business can you get fired and walk away with millions

10 million buyout

forced89
11-26-2016, 05:12 PM
I don't know why any school will pay millions to Herman after Houston's sorry showing against Memphis yesterday.

woodbinepmi
11-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Like dahoss mentioned, if you can't get the big splash now, just wait till one is available. Seems smart

they made a play for Herman, I'm really surprised he passed LSU in favor of Texas at this point in time. LSU is in far better shape and the fan base would consider anyone putting them over the top as a god.

As a handicapper, it may have been wise to pass on Herman. Six mill a year is tough to swallow for a guy with three losses in a mid major conference, even if the upside is considered high. Bigger fish might be available next year
Herman got his Masters at Texas, they had to go and get him. Texas couldn't afford another year of Charlie Strong, DKR would have been a ghost town next year during games. It would have been a repeat of what happened at LSU this year with Coach Miles.

ElKabong
11-26-2016, 09:11 PM
A player from OU was chastised by his coach and many others this year for "quitting" on the team because he has had concussion issues and has NFL talent and chose to stop. Yet we see it all the time from these same coaches. It is disgusting.

This Herman guy looked dead at the camera and bold face lied before the game yesterday.

At some point the ncaa will need to hold coaches accountable to their contracts. Until that happens, this will only get worse and worse.

You feel sorry for the players. At 18 they don't really know HOW MUCH of a big business football is. They get an idea thru nike camps, recruiting trips (whatever you want, right now) etc, but i don't think many understand how an adult can lie straight to their face about not leaving for another job in the next four years. It doesn't set a good example. The whole business of ncaa football is used car salesman type sleaze

Before people cry a tear for Charlie, remember he left the kids at Louisville high and dry too.... And right now everybody is saying what a great guy he is....

It's the way business is run... Has to change.

ElKabong
11-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Herman got his Masters at Texas, they had to go and get him. Texas couldn't afford another year of Charlie Strong, DKR would have been a ghost town next year during games. It would have been a repeat of what happened at LSU this year with Coach Miles.

Extreme apathy for Texas football at the end of last season. Some renewed enthusiasm with the new offensive coordinator but that died down after the Cal and OK State losses early in the year.

Reading hornfans.com a lot of people were already staying home. Last years Tech game in Austin was a ghost town, as you call it. Between the live home game experience nightmare Steve Patterson (failed, and fired AD) created, and the truly embarrassing product on the field, people are just flat turned off by Texas football. They were looking for a change.

Dahoss2002
11-27-2016, 01:07 AM

LSU is still paying Miles. I did not want them to get into a long expensive contract with JUMBO and then have to buy him out in a couple years. Herman would be worth the gamble I feel, but glad we did not get in a bidding war with Texas. No telling what kinda cheese Herman would have got. I think its gonna work well for both Texas and LSU.

anotherCAfan
11-27-2016, 05:38 PM
I hope it takes Herman a few games to get UT rolling -- I've been waiting ten years for payback on the Storm Troopers.

UT is going to be just fine, BTW.

ElKabong
11-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Watching Herman's presser on the longhorn network right now. He's starting this off right

In attendance are Mack and Sally Brown, Edith Royal, DeLoss Dodds and his wife. Basically doing what Mack did back in 1998 by bringing in the Longhorn family and getting everyone on board as a family. Stoops,did the same thing the following season at Oklahoma.

From what I've read he has pretty much the whole staff assembled with the exception of a DC and OC. Guessing he's waiting for the bowl season to end to announce the new coordinators

PhantomOnTour
11-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Herman and his agent, of course ;)

I bet it caused Texas to up the ante and Herman got the job I think he really wanted all along.
Pretty slick if that's the case :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
11-27-2016, 08:53 PM
Herman and his agent, of course ;)

I bet it caused Texas to up the ante and Herman got the job I think he really wanted all along.
Pretty slick if that's the case :ThmbUp:

Herman's roommate at Cal Lutheran is LSU's defensive coordinator. I'd sure like to see that guy in Austin, but he's given LSU word that he's staying. I hate 3 man fronts, but Aranda put it to good use there. He was awesome at Wisconsin as well.

Eta... Chip brown pushed this story when ESPN broke it. Wouldn't surprise me if BMDs at Texas pushed a few bills to chip to promote the story. I'm sure LSU wanted Herman to a degree, but his agent was going to listen to all offers before ink was ready. In order to get Fenves and Perrin to even talk to a candidate (both love Charlie, didn't want a change) they needed a hard push. The story on thanksgiving was hard for the to ignore and I'm sure They got calls from those BMDs at halftime of the LSU aggy game

The real story will come out in a few months, but I'm sure guys like red McCombs and the like we're behind it