Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
ElKabong

ESPN report, Tom Herman to LSU

Congrats if true. I'd sure liked to have seen him in Austin but Charlie has left a dumpster fire there. It's like a kindergarten with a locker room. Bunch of spoiled 19 year olds that think being bowl eligible is a tremendous accomplishment and worthy of supreme praise.

He'll do great at LSU. Might be a changing of the guard soon in the $ec west.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
ElKabong

Supposedly Texas is to make its pitch late tonight or early tomorrow to Herman's agent

Even with the loss to Memphis today, Herman is a hot commodity.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:20 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Supposedly Texas is to make its pitch late tonight or early tomorrow to Herman's agent

His stewardship of the OSU offense in their improbable run to the first undisputed championship is his crowning achievement and Ohio State hasn't been the same since he left
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #4
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
His stewardship of the OSU offense in their improbable run to the first undisputed championship is his crowning achievement and Ohio State hasn't been the same since he left
Can we make a deal? We take Meyer off your hands and you can nab Herman

We'd love to get Urban Meyer, but that's as much a pipe dream as getting Saban was three years ago. Urban would be crazy to leave what he's built. Maybe several years down the road, but he's in great shape with those young kids on the two deep.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:57 AM   #5
Dahoss2002

I'm just happy JUMBO is staying at Florida State. Herman, Fedora, or stay with Coach O is fine with me.
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

He passed on LSU.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #7
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Station out of Baton Rouge is reporting that Orgeron has been hired as the head coach
Old 11-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
kingfin66
Bombardier

The Pac 12 may have some big openings to fill, most notably Oregon and ucla. Maybe he working on getting one of those.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #9
ElKabong

Quote:

Looks like he chose TEXAS. I'm a bit surprised he chose UT over LSU at this particular time. Hornfans.com reporting the offer is six million per, for six years. He's scheduled to meet with his team late today

Also reported he has in home visits as a UT coaching representative today and tomorrow with two 5 star recruits.... I read it on the Internet. So it must be true...

I feel bad for Buechele, he did everything asked. But hermans offense doesn't match Shane's skills. Either Heard goes back to qb, or Ehrlinger starts as a true frosh next year....and Kyle Allen may follow Herman from UH (transferred from aggy during their meltdown last season)

Watching the Michigan TOSU game right now, as long as we have a defense like that again, I'm happy.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:03 PM   #10
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Station out of Baton Rouge is reporting that Orgeron has been hired as the head coach
Like dahoss mentioned, if you can't get the big splash now, just wait till one is available. Seems smart

they made a play for Herman, I'm really surprised he passed LSU in favor of Texas at this point in time. LSU is in far better shape and the fan base would consider anyone putting them over the top as a god.

As a handicapper, it may have been wise to pass on Herman. Six mill a year is tough to swallow for a guy with three losses in a mid major conference, even if the upside is considered high. Bigger fish might be available next year
Old 11-26-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

A player from OU was chastised by his coach and many others this year for "quitting" on the team because he has had concussion issues and has NFL talent and chose to stop. Yet we see it all the time from these same coaches. It is disgusting.

This Herman guy looked dead at the camera and bold face lied before the game yesterday.

Last edited by cj; 11-26-2016 at 02:14 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2016, 03:00 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Only in big time sports and big business can you get fired and walk away with millions

10 million buyout
Old 11-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #13
forced89

I don't know why any school will pay millions to Herman after Houston's sorry showing against Memphis yesterday.
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #14
woodbinepmi

Quote:
Like dahoss mentioned, if you can't get the big splash now, just wait till one is available. Seems smart

they made a play for Herman, I'm really surprised he passed LSU in favor of Texas at this point in time. LSU is in far better shape and the fan base would consider anyone putting them over the top as a god.

As a handicapper, it may have been wise to pass on Herman. Six mill a year is tough to swallow for a guy with three losses in a mid major conference, even if the upside is considered high. Bigger fish might be available next year
Herman got his Masters at Texas, they had to go and get him. Texas couldn't afford another year of Charlie Strong, DKR would have been a ghost town next year during games. It would have been a repeat of what happened at LSU this year with Coach Miles.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:11 PM   #15
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
A player from OU was chastised by his coach and many others this year for "quitting" on the team because he has had concussion issues and has NFL talent and chose to stop. Yet we see it all the time from these same coaches. It is disgusting.

This Herman guy looked dead at the camera and bold face lied before the game yesterday.
At some point the ncaa will need to hold coaches accountable to their contracts. Until that happens, this will only get worse and worse.

You feel sorry for the players. At 18 they don't really know HOW MUCH of a big business football is. They get an idea thru nike camps, recruiting trips (whatever you want, right now) etc, but i don't think many understand how an adult can lie straight to their face about not leaving for another job in the next four years. It doesn't set a good example. The whole business of ncaa football is used car salesman type sleaze

Before people cry a tear for Charlie, remember he left the kids at Louisville high and dry too.... And right now everybody is saying what a great guy he is....

It's the way business is run... Has to change.

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-26-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: