Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
pele polo

Garrett Gomez & Alan Garcia

Gomez is 10th in wins at the Bet-Wood meet. I thought business was just slow to pick up after his extensive travels over the past couple years to ride east coast stakes races and the Keeneland, Saratoga meets, but it's been slow to pick up for a while now and he isn't getting the mounts that he used to. And it's not like he's become Mike Smith who turns down mounts to just ride a few here and there.
Anybody know what's up?

That's the left coast, back over on the best coast, Alan Garcia has tailed off over the past couple years too but I see Kirian starting to use him more often. Wasn't there something said about his attitude a while back, which I thought was strange becuase he seems to have Guttierrez like demeanor.

Last edited by pele polo; 06-29-2012 at 11:03 PM.
pele polo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
GregReinhart

I think Garrett's business took a blow when he got hurt and missed a bunch of time earlier this year - out of sight, out of mind - the fields are small and that jockey colony is packed. After he came back from the injury, he rode at Keeneland instead of staying home, which was another mistake. He had very few mounts at Keeneland while he could have built his business back up in CA instead.

I don't think he's been riding bad (he has a pile of 2nd place finishes) and hopefully things will pick up for him at Del Mar, which always has suited his riding style better.
GregReinhart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
ten2oneormore

Every win Gomez gets is somewhat magnified because he was usually riding horses that Bejarano and Rosario passed on or got off to ride another in the race.I'm sure he'll start picking up now with Rosario gone but Bejarano has to be like a kid in a candy store.

As for Garcia he just isn't as good as his peers on the circuit and its just going to get harder with everyone making the pilgrimage to NYRA.Not knocking him,its like coming off the bench of the dream team.Plus Lezcano is really stepping up and riding well.
ten2oneormore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Beachbabe

Garcia is winning at 20% for the year.
Not too shabby.
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
GregReinhart

Garrett's having a fantastic day today
GregReinhart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
iceknight

G Gomez just won 4 races on Saturday's card including the Grade 1 Shoemaker mile aboard Jeranimo .
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
Striker

Great day for GoGo today at BHP. I would expect to see more days like this one in the near future for him.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
molson721

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregReinhart
I think Garrett's business took a blow when he got hurt and missed a bunch of time earlier this year - out of sight, out of mind - the fields are small and that jockey colony is packed. After he came back from the injury, he rode at Keeneland instead of staying home, which was another mistake. He had very few mounts at Keeneland while he could have built his business back up in CA instead.

I don't think he's been riding bad (he has a pile of 2nd place finishes) and hopefully things will pick up for him at Del Mar, which always has suited his riding style better.
The jockey colony is packed? With what?
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply