Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Zippy Chippy

Catching Hell. are you gonna watch?

In case you missed the thousands of commercials the steve Bartman story is going to be on ESPN at 8. For some reason I'm really excited to see this.
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Valuist

I don't know if Bostonians do this but Chicago fans love to blame everyone but the players. Its always the coach, manager or GM. Bartman didn't make Alex Gonzalez boot the ball, or Sosa miss a cut off man, or have Dusty leave Prior in too long.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
jdhanover

cauht three minutes of it and they specifcially discuss the other factors besides Bartman. That poor guy - his whole life got messed up. Last I heard he had to move to Florida to escape the constant hassling. Alll he wanted was to be left alone.

Gotta think the other fans sitting next to him are thankful every day that they couldnt reach the ball. Else it would hve been them
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
slew101

Always amazed the guy on Bartman's right never got any grief. He tried to catch the ball more than Bartman, and interferred with the left fielder as well.

They were both idiots. Get the hell out of the way. What possesses fans to do that is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover
Gotta think the other fans sitting next to him are thankful every day that they couldnt reach the ball. Else it would hve been them
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
slew101

Dan Patrick interviews Bartman live on ESPN days after the incident. Or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsXX3dSvtAo
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #6
Zippy Chippy

I can't believe how sad the show was. Everytime I looked over at my girlfriend she was crying. Heck I was getting teary eyed. The guy has been offered hundreds of thousands to do commercials and he's literally dropped off the face of the earth. Probably 6 or 7 hands were reaching for it.

The most interesting part to me was they showed the foul ball and they removed the crowd and just showed Alou and the ball. He had it easy.
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Valuist

I'm a Cub fan so I feel entitled to comment. So what if Alou catches the ball? They still f-kd up. That wouldn't have been the 3rd out of the inning. All the points I mentioned in post 2. Get some damned outs.....you are professionals. And you still had game 7. But if start to hang your head and convinced you are choking, then it becomes inevitable.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply