Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Pell Mell
Veteran

Foreign Bettors

I know that people in England can bet on our races...is it possible for their bets to go into the betting pools at our tracks? Just curious..
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

I would think its possible since Canada tracks and US tracks have no problems co-mingling. Why they dont co mingle at this point is anyones guess
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Some_One

Co-Mingle, every bookie in the UK goes into the USA pools, even Betfair.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
tbwinner

I think most international bettors wagering on U.S. races bet through BetFair or bookmakers or the like, not going into our pools or getting the takeout to the tracks. I could be wrong however and maybe this isn't the majority.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
I think most international bettors wagering on U.S. races bet through BetFair or bookmakers or the like, not going into our pools or getting the takeout to the tracks. I could be wrong however and maybe this isn't the majority.
Betfair has about 6-8 tracks daily for exchange wagering (usually Wo + non CDSN/Magna tracks). You can also bet into the USA tote pools directly in Betfair to play the other tracks or exotics, etc.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
gm10

You can bet with bookmakers (W/P/S + exotics), in which case your money goes into the US pools.

You can also bet with Betfair for Win/Show (and sometimes quinella). They don't operate on the parimutuel principle, but as a betting exchange. When you back a horse, someone else lays the horse. So it's a different model, and the odds are different from the tote odds, and those odds are fixed (which is a huge benefit imo, but anyway).

You can also place antepost bets with bookmakers. The odds of those are decided by the bookmaker, and they are fixed.

P.S. you can also bet exotics with betfair. That money goes into the US pools.

Last edited by gm10; 09-11-2011 at 05:34 AM.
gm10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply