Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
hcap

Follow te Arrows

So how did we get so far into debt?
And who is primarily responsible?

According to the CBO......

So how come no Tea Parties during Bush??

Last edited by hcap; 07-23-2011 at 05:44 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
hcap

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...forgetfulness/

Quote:
Debt and Forgetfulness

I keep seeing comments along the lines of “Keynesianism doesn’t work, because liberals keep running deficits even when times are good, and never pay debt down.”

Guys, how about http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...les%5B1%5D.pdf

Between 1993 and 2001, federal debt held by the public fell from 49.2 percent of GDP to 32.5 percent of GDP. What stopped the paydown of debt wasn’t liberal big spending; it was demands from conservatives that the surplus be used to cut taxes. George Bush said that a surplus means that the government is collecting too much money; Alan Greenspan warned that we were paying off our debt too fast.

Oh, and I was very much against those tax cuts, arguing that we should pay down the debt to prepare for future needs. As a reward, I now get accused of inconsistency, for saying that deficits were bad under Bush but good now.

Anyway, get your history straight before making claims about who’s fiscally responsible.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So one would assume, from the arrows, that Obama was completely irresponsible by failing to immediately fo the job he promised and fix the economy.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
ArlJim78

which of Bush's blunders has Obama not adopted with abandon? on top of that adding his own damaging agenda.

Bush was made the scapegoat for problems that had festered and grew for a long long time. the maddening part is that people on the left and in the media(now I'm being redundant), thought that the smart new direction that we should take would be to cast our lot with a know nothing arrogant cult leader who wants nothing more than to guide America down serveral pegs because he despises the very cornerstones that built this country up into a world power like no other.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
HUSKER55

remember Whitewater? The Clintons know how to hide facts, money and anything else not tied down.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
ElKabong

Let's review.

-Hcap and Libs are hard at work trying to find charts that bend towards blaming Bush for anything and everthing.

-Independants and Cons are more interested in "is Obama going to keep his promise and "fix it", or was he full of hot air? Unemployment is soaring ever higher. The deficit is higher than ever, and the entire economic picture hasn't been improved one iota since Obama was sworn in".

If this nonsense plays out another 12 months, Obama has no shot at being re-elected. The nation wanted Change, not Worse.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So one would assume, from the arrows, that Obama was completely irresponsible by failing to immediately fo the job he promised and fix the economy.
This is like me asking why you aren't draining the swimming pool when you have a cup and I have a fire hose going full blast into the pool.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER55
remember Whitewater? The Clintons know how to hide facts, money and anything else not tied down.
Whitewater? Was that the one where the special Prosecutor found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the Clintons? Was that the one where the Clintons lost over one hundred thousand dollars?

I eagerly await the responses where you say. They covered it up. I know they were guilty because I know. They must be guilty because they are Clintons. Blah...Blah ,,,,,,Blah
Old 07-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Let's review.

-Hcap and Libs are hard at work trying to find charts that bend towards blaming Bush for anything and everthing.

Hcap and Libs present charts and facts that prove Bush is responsible for everything.

-Independants and Cons are more interested in "is Obama going to keep his promise and "fix it", or was he full of hot air? Unemployment is soaring ever higher. The deficit is higher than ever, and the entire economic picture hasn't been improved one iota since Obama was sworn in".
Independents are interested in being wimps and never standing for anything.
Cons are more interested in making sure Obama has no chance to "fix it."

If this nonsense plays out another 12 months, Obama has no shot at being re-elected. The nation wanted Change, not Worse.
What do you mean if? The whole plan of the Tea Party and its puppet masters is to make sure it does last another twelve months. There are only two parts to the Tea Party. The greedy bastards behind the scenes and the fools who do their bidding in Congress.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #10
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Let's review.

The first chart posted above clearly shows that Bush is overwhelmingly responsible for the larger share of debt than Obama. If you checked out the PDF linkin my first post, you will also see Dems in recent US history run the economy substantially better than you gentlemen.

And as far as "the entire economic picture hasn't been improved one iota since Obama was sworn in"

Duh!.......

Old 07-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
The first chart posted above clearly shows that Bush is overwhelmingly responsible for the larger share of debt than Obama. If you checked out the PDF linkin my first post, you will also see Dems in recent US history run the economy substantially better than you gentlemen.

And as far as "the entire economic picture hasn't been improved one iota since Obama was sworn in"

Duh!.......

You've posted that graph several times. I predict it will have as little effect among the unenlightened this time as it did previously.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

What does that graph look like from about 2002-2008?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
chrisl

Hey Mosty: The Clinton's actions proved they are guilty, right. Must I explain everything. I am using your defended thoughts.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
What does that graph look like from about 2002-2008?
I don't kbow. Why don't r you post it? However be warned. Bush's dismal performance late in his presidency pretty much wiped out earlier gains.

Quote:
Indeed, from February 2001, Bush’s first full month in office, through January 2009, his last, the economy added just 1 million jobs. By contrast, in 2010 alone, the economy added at least 1.1 million jobs.

As the Wall Street Journal noted in the last month of Bush’s term, the former president had the “worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.” And job creation under Bush was anemic long before the recession began. Bush’s supply-side economics “fostered the weakest jobs and income growth in more than six decades,” along with “sluggish business investment and weak gross domestic product growth”
Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #15
hcap

Ok, here is Clinton vs Bush.

I don't think the Bush administration would want a graph. Maybe that's why I can't find one of Bush only?

Presidents compared

Last edited by hcap; 07-23-2011 at 02:07 PM.