Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Off-Site Handicapping Contests

Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
PIC6SIX

Cool NTRA BEULAH CONTEST 12/18

Any regular PA cappers entering the Beulah contest this weekend. If you are entered can you offer any insight or angles that have worked for you in the past. Also, is Beulah more speed favoring this time of year???
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
Donnie

I went a couple years back. They brought the horses out onto the track. They made their way to the backstretch, then all were called back to the winners circle. All dismounted. Horses taken back to the barn. Races cancelled due to poor weather/track conditions.

Be prepared to participate in a simulcast tourney, especially if bad weather is forecast.

Best of Luck there!!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
I went a couple years back. They brought the horses out onto the track. They made their way to the backstretch, then all were called back to the winners circle. All dismounted. Horses taken back to the barn. Races cancelled due to poor weather/track conditions.

Be prepared to participate in a simulcast tourney, especially if bad weather is forecast.

Best of Luck there!!
I was there that day too. I just finished handicapping the Beulah races when the cancellation happened. I knew I could not find 15 bets in the simulcast races on short notice, so I headed to the buffet....more than once....to get my fill before the Beulah Twins gobbled up from the trough.

I did have a good time rooting for some friends...one qualified (the current Beulah on-track handicapper), and the other buddy would have but his last bet of the day, a 12-1 shot at Hawthorne went nine wide coming down the stretch and could not get up for the win.

I think I'm staying home this time. Lots of rough weather in Ohio this week.

RR
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
rrpic6

Any updates on the results from the contest? Beulah did give advance notice that live racing would be cancelled on 12-18.

RR
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply