Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
MickJ26

Rosie Napravnik

According to her Facebook page, looks like she's riding at Fair Grounds this winter. Bad news for us NYRA fans.
MickJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

She's named on 5 horses on Thursday, but none on Friday. I really hope she's heading to the Big A for the inner dirt meet. I've enjoyed cashing tickets on her mounts the past 3 years.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
Grits

Rosie's a fine, gutsy rider. She's done well in NY during the winter months.

Where's Xfile? He should be dropping in to tell us about his favorite Italian babe, Orianna Rossi getting up for 2nd on a 77-1 shot in today's finale at Churchill. I bet he went ape!
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Rosie is the best female jock riding right now in North America imo. She's better than a whole lotta the guys too. Good to see Greta Kuntzweiler doing well in her comeback also.
Look forward to seeing Rosie at FG this winter in New Orleans...it sure beats a frigid NY on the inner at Aqu....brrrrrrr man, how do you folks deal with that!?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
lamboguy

i like her, but CHAUNTEL SOUTHERLAND is pretty good in her own rights and i am told is very good about knowing any problems with a horse when she reports back to the trainer after the race. she also gets on plenty of horses in the morning.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
FenceBored

Who is the best female jock ever? I think we've got a contender here. 21.74% winners on the year, 18.64% lifetime (18.50% lifetime through the end of 2010). She's red hot, and we're not just talkin' 'bout her hair.
Jockey Rosie Napravnik continued her romp through the Fair Grounds race meet on Saturday, winning two of the three stakes races on the program. The victories, aboard Upperline in the Allen Lacombe Memorial and Man of Strife in the Gentilly Stakes, gave Napravnik eight stakes victories from 26 such opportunities this winter in New Orleans. Napravnik, the meet’s leading rider, had 77 total Fair Grounds wins after Saturday’s races.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/napravnik-wi...s-fair-grounds

MJC photo via NYRA.

Last edited by FenceBored; 02-27-2011 at 08:42 AM.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
lamboguy

the proof of the pudding is that not only do we think she is great, but the trainers are putting her on good horses because they have confidence in the way she rides. those guys could care less if her hair color was pale avocado, all they care about is a rider that can get them the money!

i hope she stays sound and has a great career
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
FiveWide

With her talent I wouldn't be surprised if she is on a triple crown horse real soon in the near future.

-Five
FiveWide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
Who is the best female jock ever? I think we've got a contender here. 21.74% winners on the year, 18.64% lifetime (18.50% lifetime through the end of 2010). She's red hot, and we're not just talkin' 'bout her hair.
She's a talented rider, but isn't it a bit silly to call her the best EVER when she's barely 22?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveWide
With her talent I wouldn't be surprised if she is on a triple crown horse real soon in the near future.

-Five
she rode bind
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
She's a talented rider, but isn't it a bit silly to call her the best EVER when she's barely 22?
I can't speak for Fence, but he did say we have a contender for the best ever. I look at it this way: besides Krone, what female jock in N American racing history would you rather have riding other than Rosie?
If you can't come up with more than one or two then this young gal is a contender for best lady jock ever. And she's only 22.
I know the FG jock colony isn't the greatest (and Albarado is injured...he owns FG) but I think she is better than a lot of the male riders there. It isn't just that she gets live horses.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
toussaud

I play FG daily, she is without question the best jockey there, and it's not even that close. Robby A is the only jockey that can give her a run for her money when he is healthy.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
I play FG daily, she is without question the best jockey there, and it's not even that close. Robby A is the only jockey that can give her a run for her money when he is healthy.
Yep, and everybody knows it. All of her horses are bet down.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Lanerie, Bridgmohan, Graham and Theriot are all decent (like Lanerie the best)....but guys like Eramia just confound me sometimes.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa
Yep, and everybody knows it. All of her horses are bet down.
The first.. about month was like Christmas time there, all he3r horses were going off at like 7 to 1, 10 to 1, etc and she was winning 3-4 a day