Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 10-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Milkshaker

YouBet program showing purses down to the cents...Why bother?

Maybe this has been going on for awhile and I've been ignorant of it, but I believe YouBet recently altered its track programs to show the purse amount (at the top of the page) all the way down to cents.

Sort of distracting to look at an Oak Tree race and see "Purse $44,000.00." Confusing to the eye at first, making me think it's a much larger amount.

Any logical reason for this? Do any jurisdictions pay purses in amounts lesser than whole dollars? Would you care if they did?
Milkshaker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Market Mover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkshaker
Maybe this has been going on for awhile and I've been ignorant of it, but I believe YouBet recently altered its track programs to show the purse amount (at the top of the page) all the way down to cents.

Sort of distracting to look at an Oak Tree race and see "Purse $44,000.00." Confusing to the eye at first, making me think it's a much larger amount.

Any logical reason for this? Do any jurisdictions pay purses in amounts lesser than whole dollars? Would you care if they did?

Who cares. At least they have a user-friendly interface..
Anyone have some good insider tips on how to maximize the features of YB other than WagerpadPro?
Market Mover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkshaker

My guess is due to Canadian conversion. It won't affect any US purses.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
My guess is due to Canadian conversion. It won't affect any US purses.
All in the name of accuracy I guess, but I don't see why they can not round it to the nearest dollar. I find it annoying as it gives the false impression of a much bigger purse.

Another US track that does this annoying practice is Haw.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
All in the name of accuracy I guess, but I don't see why they can not round it to the nearest dollar. I find it annoying as it gives the false impression of a much bigger purse.

Another US track that does this annoying practice is Haw.
It could also have to do with giving state breds full purse and non state breds less purse.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply