Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
2 year olds get rollin'...

1Lookin At LuckyGomez G K2Brady Blue EyesTalamo J3The ProgramEspinoza V4MarcelloValdivia J Jr5Make Music for MeSmith M E6Noble's PromiseAlbarado R J7Seattle RulerGarcia M8Wildlee SpecialSolis A

I guess we can start looking at the 2 year olds...and the Cash Cakk is as good a place as any.
Looks to be a very good race. Just for the fun of it...my picks:

Lookin at Lucky
Noble's Promise
The Program
Wildlee Special

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
1Lookin At LuckyGomez G K2Brady Blue EyesTalamo J3The ProgramEspinoza V4MarcelloValdivia J Jr5Make Music for MeSmith M E6Noble's PromiseAlbarado R J7Seattle RulerGarcia M8Wildlee SpecialSolis A

I guess we can start looking at the 2 year olds...and the Cash Cakk is as good a place as any.
Looks to be a very good race. Just for the fun of it...my picks:

Lookin at Lucky
Noble's Promise
The Program
Wildlee Special
if you want to see anice 2 yo, check out wildcat frankie, last saturday's 6th at calder. he got plenty more in the tank too
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
MickJ26

I hope Baffert brings Lookin at Lucky to New York for the Wood Memorial.
He's going to need a start on dirt sooner or later and Baffert loves bringing his best horses to the biggest stage. The Mike Pegram silks have a great history.
MickJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJ26
He's going to need a start on dirt sooner or later and Baffert loves bringing his best horses to the biggest stage. The Mike Pegram silks have a great history.
When he used to have multiple Derby prospects (and it looks like that way again this year), Baffert used to invade the Fair Grounds. I would anticipate one of his top horses showing up there.

Recently, with lesser types, he's shipped to Sunland Park and Lone Star.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
if you want to see anice 2 yo, check out wildcat frankie, last saturday's 6th at calder. he got plenty more in the tank too
He might be a good one the rest of that field were just horses. Let's see what he does vs winners. Hatchett may have a live one you never know!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
joanied

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJ26
Me too and I'd bet 2-1 that he will...man, I would just love seeing Baffert & Pegram back on the TC Trail again...with a Derby winner...the sparks will fly and everyone will be having fun

Gandalf the Grey

Last edited by joanied; 12-17-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
sandpit

Two colts: Walking the Beach and Maximus Ruler...runners for sure.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
toussaud

this is turning out to be a good year. I have my eye on a couple. Nordic Truce, Carrington Villiage, walking the beach, wildcat frankie, the afleet alex that won at aqu not too long ago, can't remember his name, the gray baffert horse looks like a freak.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 AM   #9
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
the afleet alex that won at aqu not too long ago, can't remember his name, the gray baffert horse looks like a freak.
Afleet Express?

Baffert has another gray, an Indian Charlie colt named CONVEYANCE. 2 starts, 2 wins.
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...741&registry=T

I mostly like several from the Champagne Stakes. Super Saver, Discreetly Mine. I also still like my Aikenite.

list is very long. But--- my hunch is that the Derby winner has already run at least a 1 mile race.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
Afleet Express?

Baffert has another gray, an Indian Charlie colt named CONVEYANCE. 2 starts, 2 wins.
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...741&registry=T

I mostly like several from the Champagne Stakes. Super Saver, Discreetly Mine. I also still like my Aikenite.

list is very long. But--- my hunch is that the Derby winner has already run at least a 1 mile race.
it is Afleet Express....and I read somewhere that Baffert is quite high on Conveyance...I also will be watching the others you mentioned, Winter T...all can be really good...good list, girl.

Gandalf the Grey
Old 12-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
lamboguy

one thing positive about afleet express is that he was on conventional and beat a much tougher field than wildcat frankie. wildcat frankie did run about the best race i have ever seen a first time starter run though. also frankie is a gelding so probably he won't be sold due to not residual value for him. if he had equipment he would sell for over $1million.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #12
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
it is Afleet Express....and I read somewhere that Baffert is quite high on Conveyance...I also will be watching the others you mentioned, Winter T...all can be really good...good list, girl.

yes and yes. conveyance looks like the real deal, i dont' see how he doesn't get 2 turns with that pedigree.

I'm convinced that's why baffert isn't really pushing him that hard now.

if i were a betting man for the first saturday in may, i'd place a bet on him efore lookin at lucky
Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #13
lamboguy

my opinion of conveyance is that he ran good with not much behind him either. baffert going to have has work cut out for him to go further down the road, i like the afleet alex chances for him better. one thing about baffert is, he got experience and that goes miles when it comes down to winning these early races. personally i think baffert is as good as anyone, in my mind he over=achieved with pioneer of the nile last year, and has done that kind of work in the past.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
my opinion of conveyance is that he ran good with not much behind him either. baffert going to have has work cut out for him to go further down the road, i like the afleet alex chances for him better. one thing about baffert is, he got experience and that goes miles when it comes down to winning these early races. personally i think baffert is as good as anyone, in my mind he over=achieved with pioneer of the nile last year, and has done that kind of work in the past.
the interal fractions of that race say otherwise.

22.20, 44.83, 56.65, 1:09.00 is racehorse time

and to use the zenyatta line it's the WAY he did. he was not shortining stride in his last furlong.

I dont' think he overachieved with POTN as much as he spotted him pitcure perfectly. he got the absolute most he could have possibly gotten out of that horse.

a horse that does not like dirt wins 2 main track grade 1's and comes in 2nd in the derby
Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
the interal fractions of that race say otherwise.

22.20, 44.83, 56.65, 1:09.00 is racehorse time

and to use the zenyatta line it's the WAY he did. he was not shortining stride in his last furlong.

I dont' think he overachieved with POTN as much as he spotted him pitcure perfectly. he got the absolute most he could have possibly gotten out of that horse.

a horse that does not like dirt wins 2 main track grade 1's and comes in 2nd in the derby
i admit he was amazing with pioneer of the nile, but pioneer ran against much better when he had his campagn. CONVEYANCE might be the horse of the century, but he is running in california. maybe we will see him someplace else at a later date, and maybe baffert pulls off another miracle which he is quite capable of, but if i was betting derby futures i woulld have to leave that horse out for the time being