Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Horseplayers Association of North America (H.A.N.A.)

Old 09-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Chicken Man
Apprentice

What Has HANA Accomplished?

First time here, and have a question for all the KIAs here on Pace Advantage..what exactly has HANA done? Have they lowered takeout? Have they successfully used their influence on adding wagers? Have they done anything other than bitch and moan at takeout, which WON'T CREATE NEW FANS..the casual fan won't say "Horse racing takeout has gone from 20% to 15%, lets leave the slot machine and play the horses". Anyone who thinks that is either stupid or intellectually dishonest..

So, answer my question..
Chicken Man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Man
First time here, and have a question for all the KIAs here on Pace Advantage..what exactly has HANA done? Have they lowered takeout? Have they successfully used their influence on adding wagers? Have they done anything other than bitch and moan at takeout, which WON'T CREATE NEW FANS..the casual fan won't say "Horse racing takeout has gone from 20% to 15%, lets leave the slot machine and play the horses". Anyone who thinks that is either stupid or intellectually dishonest..

So, answer my question..
Well, at least you are obviously without an agenda.

I do have to ask, what is a KIA?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Chicken Man
Apprentice

Instead of snide remarks about KIAs, how about you stick to the topic and answer the question?
Chicken Man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Instead of snide remarks about KIAs, how about you stick to the topic and answer the question?
I was serious about that.

The first remark was certainly snide.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
cj's dad

First post is on Off Topic - that alone speaks volumns !!

Besides HANA - WTF have you done other than donate money on a daily/weekly basis to your local track?/ OTB?/ ADW?.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
I love acronyms, myself, but "Killed In Action" is the best I can come up with that relates to high takeout.

The reason some players both inside and outside of HANA believe lowering takeout will create new fans, is that doing so is expected to make winners out of some small players who could then be promoted to attract others. Lower takeout is generally expected to enable even new fans to maintain their bankrolls longer.

What do YOU think will create new fans? If you have a good answer, you could become racing's savior and perhaps a wealthy individual as well.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
miesque

Quote:

So, answer my question..
My, my, my, aren't we quite appropriately named, especially in light of the snide offensive remark regarding all horseplayers on here which is what I assume you are getting at with the KIA reference (Killed In Action). Its evident by your post that the furthest thing from your mind is having an honest, good faith conversation and instead the entire purpose is just to taunt and lambast HANA, which means we must have actually had some sort of impact contrary to your claims. Let me guess, horsemen's group representative?
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
DJofSD
Screw PC

I believe KIA==know it all.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
castaway01

Quote:

So, answer my question..
Kinda tough for a new organization with 1500 members to instantly make state governments lower takeout, isn't it troll?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
Donnie

I think it stands for Know It Alls, but he ain't one so don't expect him to be the Saviour! Comes out both guns a blazing but obviously has NO idea about what it takes to change take outs or what HANA is all about. If that was their main goal, I woulda stood silently on the side.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Donnie

::::sorry, DJ beat me to it::::
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
First time here
Somehow I doubt that...

You can now run back to where you came from and tell everyone you were kicked off of PaceAdvantage by that BIASED moderator for asking TOUGH QUESTIONS about their "beloved HANA."

When in actuality, you were kicked off because as you so rightly point out, our quota for KIAs has been filled for the month already.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-21-2009 at 07:09 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:

So, answer my question..
Just ask Betfair how lowering pricing has done nothing for them. You must be a horseman or a track exec.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

I know I'm now up to 89.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #15
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Chicken Man, your performance gives posters with chicken related names everywhere a bad rep.

Shame on you -- thats my job.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply