Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 09-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
exiles
Veteran

SMERT SOFTWARE

Hello all.

Has any one dealt w/ Matt Thomas of SMERT SOFTWARE?
I am trying to decide whether to go with him or not and I don't have any references right now. Can you let me know of your experience with him?

Thanks EXILES
exiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
levinmpa

I have used his TRS (Thomas Racing System) for several years. I mainly use it for the William Scott posistional pace and PCR figures. I did contact him at his old AOL address a few years ago asking if he planned an updated version of the software with some suggestions I had. He said he was working on a newer version. I have not had contact with him since, and I don't know if ever released a newer version.
levinmpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
CapperLou
Spot Play Bettor

Smert Software

Around eight years ago I purchased software from Matt. It is a DOS version of William Scott's Total Victory at the Track. Used to do everything by hand then and his dos program is still working on my older pc with xp.

Matt is a talented and trustworthy person based on my experience. I'd be interested in knowing if he ever upgraded to windows. Scott's TVATT used to work very well at speed favoring tracks back then, but as you may know, everything in this game has changed, including less dirt replaced by poly.

Good luck to you.
CapperLou is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
levinmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapperLou
I'd be interested in knowing if he ever upgraded to windows. Scott's TVATT used to work very well at speed favoring tracks back then, but as you may know, everything in this game has changed, including less dirt replaced by poly.

Good luck to you.
CapperLou. The version of TRS I referred to above is a Windows version. It uses the $1 BRIS single or the $0.50 TSN data renamed to a .drf extension. No need to manually enter any data. See the screenshot at the link below:

Thomas Racing System for Windows
levinmpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
CapperLou
Spot Play Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinmpa
CapperLou. The version of TRS I referred to above is a Windows version. It uses the $1 BRIS single or the $0.50 TSN data renamed to a .drf extension. No need to manually enter any data. See the screenshot at the link below:

Thomas Racing System for Windows

Thanks for the update info. The DOS version uses the same files just as you mention above. It was before I had the software that I did it all by pen and pencil. Glad he has upgraded to windows version. It is a good tool to have in one's toolbox imo. I still like looking at it next to my primary program when I'm playing.
CapperLou is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Niko

I have used his services for programming handicapping software and he was always great to work with! As with any programming, if your requirements are laid out well it goes a lot smoother. If some output didn't come out right due to my explanation or a misunderstanding it was always quickly fixed.

I used him a few times if that helps.
Niko is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
exiles
Veteran

Thanks to all for your input.
exiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply