Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
newtothegame

What Global warming????? !!!!!!!

Hi-Ho, the Derry-O

By Dana Milbank
Friday, September 18, 2009

Let's say you're preparing dinner and you realize with dismay that you don't have any certified organic Tuscan kale. What to do?
Here's how Michelle Obama handled this very predicament Thursday afternoon:

The Secret Service and the D.C. police brought in three dozen vehicles and shut down H Street, Vermont Avenue, two lanes of I Street and an entrance to the McPherson Square Metro station. They swept the area, in front of the Department of Veterans Affairs, with bomb-sniffing dogs and installed magnetometers in the middle of the street, put up barricades to keep pedestrians out, and took positions with binoculars atop trucks. Though the produce stand was only a block or so from the White House, the first lady hopped into her armored limousine and pulled into the market amid the wail of sirens.

Then, and only then, could Obama purchase her leafy greens. "Now it's time to buy some food," she told several hundred people who came to watch. "Let's shop!"

~~the rest~~
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

Although I must admit the food sounds awesome...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-18-2009 at 06:53 PM.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
HUSKER55

i WONDER what would have happened if she had sent an aid to the store

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
boxcar

She's probably an attention-deprived woman who can't get what she craves (and, of course, thinks she fully deserves) because hubby is always in the spotlight. So, she gets her ego massaged by rubbing elbows with the plebes.

Boxcar
Old 09-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
Valuist

Michelle should make a run for the border. And I'm not talking about getting a tostada or crunchy taco.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Are you suggesting a black woman can't shop for veggies?

Somebody call Jimmy Carter!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Speaking of our infamous ex-president, the Hon. Sen. from AZ., John McCain, named Carter the worst president of the Twentieth Century and maybe all time. Way to go Sen.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Speaking of our infamous ex-president, the Hon. Sen. from AZ., John McCain, named Carter the worst president of the Twentieth Century and maybe all time. Way to go Sen.
See that...even McCain can get something right once every other blue moon.

Boxcar
Old 09-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

This from the worst presidential candidate of the twentieth century, maybe all time!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
This from the worst presidential candidate of the twentieth century, maybe all time!
I humbly submit for your consideration Mssr's Dukakis and Mc Govern !!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
I humbly submit for your consideration Mssr's Dukakis and Mc Govern !!
I should have said republican candidate.

ALL of the dem candidates have been jokes! since Bobby Kennedy. He was that last time the dem party had credibility. It was replaced in 1969 with stupidity. Then came Jimmy "The 'roid" Carter.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg commander_obama.jpg (32.2 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Tom; 09-19-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #11
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Still undecided about this one.The inept peanut farmer certainly deserves to be a finalist,but am still leaning a bit toward FDR as worst Chief Executive of the 20th century.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

FDR did manage a dire war, soat least he has some accomplishments.
Carter has nothing on any front that he did well. He was a complete failure.
The only thing that mattered to most back then was that he was not Nixon.
Parallel that to Obama, who was elected because he was not Bush.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
Still undecided about this one.The inept peanut farmer certainly deserves to be a finalist,but am still leaning a bit toward FDR as worst Chief Executive of the 20th century.
Blueshoe I truly believed Jimmy was inept. He presided over peace time rationing of gas, stagflation, out of control interest rates, etc., making him a failure on domestic issues. It seemd he compounded his domestic failures with the most inept foreign affair policies this country ever experienced.

But now I have to re-evaluate his foriegn affairs policies in light of his comments and actions over the most recent years. Seemingly, it is entirely possible Jimmy had a hidden agenda in his outwardly inept policies. As Jimmy now exposed himself as the worst type of racist, an anti-semite, through his acts and words we must evaluate his policies in a different light than just incompetence.

Looking back with this perspective it seems his foreign policy was intentionally designed to begin the downfall of the state of Israel. His, seemingly inept, but in reality cunning policies are coming to fruition now, as evidenced, by Iran's claims that Israel's right to exist is based on mythical claims and that Israel will not exist much longer.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-19-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
BlueShoe

Often not recalled is that Carter was a Naval officer.He graduated from the Academy and went to sub school.One does not get through Annapolis and be selected for submarine officer training unless you are very bright.Just goes to show that intelligent men often do very dumb things and prove to be incompetent.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #15
ArlJim78

precisely. back when I was young and foolish, I made the same argument about Carter. He must be smart being a naval officer, right? I even volunteered to work for his campaign! can you believe that?
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply