Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 08-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Hanover1

YR Trot-no muscle??

Do we need to assign TC to another race?? Having the pace TC on 1 of each size track makes sense...why not on the trot?? I vote Dexter-Hambo-World Trotting Derby if we cannot agree...
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
camfella

MH ducking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Do we need to assign TC to another race?? Having the pace TC on 1 of each size track makes sense...why not on the trot?? I vote Dexter-Hambo-World Trotting Derby if we cannot agree...
Looks to me that MH is ducking the competition,not a true champion if he wont race on 1/2 probably afraid of a certain 3rd place finisher
camfella is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
wilderness

MH going to the American-Nationals at Balmoral and on to DuQuoin.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
camfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderness
MH going to the American-Nationals at Balmoral and on to DuQuoin.
I heard World Trotting Derby,should show some good race times(I know it doesnt matter)Springfield used to launch jets in off season....hey thats one thing where speed matters...Jet takeoffs,knew there was one-CF
camfella is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camfella
I heard World Trotting Derby,should show some good race times(I know it doesnt matter)Springfield used to launch jets in off season....hey thats one thing where speed matters...Jet takeoffs,knew there was one-CF
A sub-1:50 would matter?

You should see some of the early photo's of the place
It was a one-time quarry with lakes and all.
In the beginning the place looked like a desert.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

The trotting triple crown to me seems to really prove if your horse is really the best. Racing on a mile track (Hambo), Half mile track (yonkers trot), and heat racing (Kentucky Futurity), it seems like your challenged with a little bit of everything. I think the trainers of of the big horses are a bit scared of the half mile track. Even the pacing triple crown is all half mile racing and trainers seem to pick and choose which races of the 3 they enter into. Somebeachsomewhere really showed how good he was with his monster effort in the Messenger at Yonkers in the slop.

Last edited by titans1127; 08-20-2009 at 10:43 PM.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Pacingguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
The Dexter is too early in the season. I would make it the Yonkers Trot, Hambo and The Colonial; this way you race on each size track.

What I would do to is change the rules so in order to be eligible for a year end award you must start at least one parimutuel start during the season on a half mile, five-eighths and mile track. Doesn't need to be a triple crown race, it could be an overnight race. A champion should be able to race on all size tracks.

Muscle Hill may be avoiding the half mile track but to their credit, they are racing in the American-National at Balmoral. When was the last time you had a Hambo winner race at Balmoral so they should get credit for racing there.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #8
wilderness

Lexington would need to be hit by a bomb before the Kentucky Futurity gave up their claim to the trotting triple crown. It existed even prior to the other two legs (Hambletonain 1926; Younkers Trot 1955).

The KY Fut., goes back to 1893, which Oro Wilkes won.

Horsemen (mostly owners and breeders) have been collective bailing out and supporting the track since the beginning of time. The support will continue as too much tradition exists there.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
botster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans1127
The trotting triple crown to me seems to really prove if your horse is really the best. Racing on a mile track (Hambo), Half mile track (yonkers trot), and heat racing (Kentucky Futurity), it seems like your challenged with a little bit of everything. I think the trainers of of the big horses are a bit scared of the half mile track. Even the pacing triple crown is all half mile racing and trainers seem to pick and choose which races of the 3 they enter into. Somebeachsomewhere really showed how good he was with his monster effort in the Messenger at Yonkers in the slop.
100% AGREE TITAN...SBSW and his win in the Messenger was remarkable.The main reason for this was his post draw for that race.It was obvious that he wouldn't be cutting the mile, and almost inevitable he would have to rough it.MUSCLE HILL and his connections, don't want anything to do with a bad draw on the half to jeopardize his record and the hype the media has created.

Last edited by botster; 08-21-2009 at 11:03 AM.
botster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by botster
MUSCLE HILL and his connections, don't want anything to do with a bad draw on the half to jeopardize his record and the hype the media has created.
botster,
I realize it was not your intention, however considering the following, I ask you to consider why an owner (s) should not manage their horse (s) with the dollars in mind and the possibility of diminishing the value of the horse in the breeding shed?

Most owners have many, many horses that LOSE dollars before they get a good one, that makes what seems like a lot of dollars.

These same owners are burdened and/or choose to provide care for horses long after their racing lives have ceased, with little chance of recovering costs, thereby, most owners end their journey's with the same extensive losses they had in their beginnings.

These folks are the livelihood and the tradition of the Standardbred Industry.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
botster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderness
botster,
I realize it was not your intention, however considering the following, I ask you to consider why an owner (s) should not manage their horse (s) with the dollars in mind and the possibility of diminishing the value of the horse in the breeding shed?

Most owners have many, many horses that LOSE dollars before they get a good one, that makes what seems like a lot of dollars.

These same owners are burdened and/or choose to provide care for horses long after their racing lives have ceased, with little chance of recovering costs, thereby, most owners end their journey's with the same extensive losses they had in their beginnings.

These folks are the livelihood and the tradition of the Standardbred Industry.
I would take the same exact road Don, knowing I wasn't able to choose post 1 for the Yonkers Trot over the half...Good move IMO by his connections.
botster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by botster
I would take the same exact road Don, knowing I wasn't able to choose post 1 for the Yonkers Trot over the half...Good move IMO by his connections.
Thats pure conjecture and speculation on your part Bots. You don't know that for a fact.

Only the connections of MH will be able to tell you what the real reason was.

Lets stick to facts please.

Sea Biscuit.
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
Sea Biscuit

Please read this

http://standardbredcanada.ca/news/8-...ing-derby.html

Sea Biscuit
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit
Thats pure conjecture and speculation on your part Bots. You don't know that for a fact.

Sea Biscuit.
How's that possible when in the preceding line you said?

"Only the connections of MH will be able to tell you what the real reason was."
Old 08-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit

Sea Biscuit.
I might add that, "Explosive Matter" is missing from that race, as well....

best,