Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
netbet

TVG- Frank Lyons

Hi all,

Just curious. I haven't seen Frank Lyons on TVG recently....am I just not watching at the right time or has something changed?

Thanks.
netbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbet
Hi all,

Just curious. I haven't seen Frank Lyons on TVG recently....am I just not watching at the right time or has something changed?

Thanks.
not sure, but he usually goes to europe to look at horses every year.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Frank?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
miesque

Well Frank Lyons was on with Bill Seward on the early afternoon TVG coverage today if you want to most recent update.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
lamboguy

frank lyon's has some great one liners, like a few years ago when MURRY SMITH had a horse running in CALIFORNIA. i think the name of the horse was PERFECT FIT. she just got done selling a portion of the horse for something like $2million, FRANK said "and don't let the dress fool you".
Old 12-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I saw Frank at Hollywood park on 12-02-09. We went in at the same time. He didn't look right to me, but it looked like he was there to play the pick 6 carryover. It didn't look like he was still with TVG.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure
I saw Frank at Hollywood park on 12-02-09. We went in at the same time. He didn't look right to me, but it looked like he was there to play the pick 6 carryover. It didn't look like he was still with TVG.
i saw him on television friday or saturday. i like the guy because he is a first class pinhooker, near and dear to my heart!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure
I agree, he was on Saturday and , to me, looked as if he had been ill.

I like FL, he does get in some great one-liners and IMO is quite knowledgeable. He is after all a BC winning trainer.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
I agree, he was on Saturday and , to me, looked as if he had been ill.

I like FL, he does get in some great one-liners and IMO is quite knowledgeable. He is after all a BC winning trainer.
I like Frank Lyons also a very good listen. Throw in Rich Perloff and Frank Mirahmadi it's a nice trifecta.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #10
lilmegahertz

True dat on the one liners. Once when they showed the list of violations, etc P Val had done Frank said "We went to war with Iraq for less than this."
A Prayer for Animals. Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We entreat for them Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion, and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us ourselves to be true friends to animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful. ~ Albert Sweitzer
lilmegahertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
framarco

With regard to Frankie L, something is very wrong. Since he returned from a three month, unexplained absence in October, TVG has refused to place him on-track and has relegated him to the studio. What's much worse, though, is that his old buddy, Schrupp, doesn't even acknowledge Frank's existence. Its readily apparent that TVG has placed Frankie on some sort of secret probation and is trying to force him to quit. For his long and loyal service, TVG should treat Frank with more respect!
framarco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by framarco
With regard to Frankie L, something is very wrong. Since he returned from a three month, unexplained absence in October, TVG has refused to place him on-track and has relegated him to the studio. What's much worse, though, is that his old buddy, Schrupp, doesn't even acknowledge Frank's existence. Its readily apparent that TVG has placed Frankie on some sort of secret probation and is trying to force him to quit. For his long and loyal service, TVG should treat Frank with more respect!
Maybe its double secret probation? Or, do you think its just singular secret probation?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #13
Fingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by framarco
He was at Hollywood for Zenyatta Day, saw him in the Paddock before several races looking his usual dapper self & flashing the grin. But yeah, it does seem like TVG is trying to move him out.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
tundral

Frank lyons

Keep Frank get rid of scmuck . I will vote for that .
tundral is offline   Reply With Quote Reply