Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Sea Biscuit

Play Of The Day Extra Edition

I usually restrict my plays to the Woodbine/Mohawk circuit. When a trainer does not enter a horse that has impressed me in his last outing within the 7 days at my local track (Mohawk) I generally put such a horse in my VS Stable.

Race 4 #3 Rogers Place. In his first start of the season this horse tried to wire the field at Mohawk on May 11 (Race 2) only to be caught at the wire and lose by 1/2 length. My pace meter reading on this horse was a whopping -3.45. Anything over -2.50 the horse is having it tough on the front end. Trained by Stephan Lees who has a win percentage of 27 which is nothing short of spectacular. This is one trainer who you could probably bet every time he enters a horse blindly and still make money. This horse figures to win by open lengths and lay over the field. My oddsline for this horse is 5 cents on the dollar. Meaning he should not pay over $2.10 for a $2 mutuel ticket.

I spoke extensively of such horses in my thread 'Making your own Odds line' sometime back. I am not going to rehash this thread here but if you are interested you can read it on this link

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=46540

Bet: Georgian Downs May 19

Race 4 #3 Rogers Place $100 to win.

Another horse from my watch list who I would be looking at is entered at Kawartha Downs tonite (May 19)

Race 6 #5 Mr Ontario

Good Luck to all.

Sea Biscuit.

Last edited by Sea Biscuit; 05-19-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Sea Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
botster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit
I usually restrict my plays to the Woodbine/Mohawk circuit. When a trainer does not enter a horse that has impressed me in his last outing within the 7 days at my local track (Mohawk) I generally put such a horse in my VS Stable.

Race 4 #3 Rogers Place. In his first start of the season this horse tried to wire the field at Mohawk on May 11 (Race 2) only to be caught at the wire and lose by 1/2 length. My pace meter reading on this horse was a whopping -3.45. Anything over -2.50 the horse is having it tough on the front end. Trained by Stephan Lees who has a win percentage of 27 which is nothing short of spectacular. This is one trainer who you could probably bet every time he enters a horse blindly and still make money. This horse figures to win by open lengths and lay over the field. My oddsline for this horse is 5 cents on the dollar. Meaning he should not pay over $2.10 for a $2 mutuel ticket.

I spoke extensively of such horses in my thread 'Making your own Odds line' sometime back. I am not going to rehash this thread here but if you are interested you can read it on this link

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=46540

Bet: Georgian Downs May 19

Race 4 #3 Rogers Place $100 to win.

Another horse from my watch list who I would be looking at is entered at Kawartha Downs tonite (May 19)

Race 6 #5 Mr Ontario

Good Luck to all.

Sea Biscuit.
Easy winner first over at Georgian .
botster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by botster
Easy winner first over at Georgian .

I don't know what results charts you are looking at Bots,

Rogers Place lost and lost badly. I think my speed figures for Georgian Downs Vs Mohawk have to be revised for sure. I most certainly over estimated the horse after looking at the results. What a downer.

Down 100 bucks.

Mr Ontario came 2nd at Kawartha

Sea Biscuit
Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
botster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit
I don't know what results charts you are looking at Bots,

Rogers Place lost and lost badly. I think my speed figures for Georgian Downs Vs Mohawk have to be revised for sure. I most certainly over estimated the horse after looking at the results. What a downer.

Down 100 bucks.

Mr Ontario came 2nd at Kawartha

Sea Biscuit
My apologies there...Thought he was the #5.That is what I get for trying to multi-task with the audio muted .
botster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by botster
My apologies there...Thought he was the #5.That is what I get for trying to multi-task with the audio muted .
No problemo there Bots and no need to apologize. I make these silly mistakes all the time.

About Rogers Place I was thinking that the horse must have regressed after that excruciating mile at Mohawk. I will follow this horse for the next two or three weeks and see how he does. If I am right about the regression factor he should not win at least in the next few starts.

Sea Biscuit.