Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
tribecaagent
Veteran

Is IEAH broke?

Why would they sell a piece of I Want Revenge now???

We're a week away from the Derby and from what I've read the horse is doing well. Why would they sell a piece of this horse NOW?? I just don't get it.
tribecaagent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
toussaud

huh?
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
I doubt IEAH is even near broke...selling a small percentage of IWR is sorta like.."why not"?? IEAH will still have the controlling interest in IWR...and if you think about it...if the horse flops in the Derby, Singer might not want any part of him...ya know what they say about gettin' in while the gettin' is good...I se no underlying problem with this transaction....just business as usual for IEAH.

That's my opinion

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
tribecaagent
Veteran

I have to disagree with you Joanie. If I owned a horse with the credentials of IWR and we're a week away from the big one AND he's training well on the Churchill surface.....

If anyone approched me with an offer to buy a piece of my horse, I'm sorry my friend, that train has left the station.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
toussaud

what did I miss?
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
tribecaagent
Veteran

Go to the PA homepage and read the top stories.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
Imriledup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaagent
Why would they sell a piece of I Want Revenge now???

We're a week away from the Derby and from what I've read the horse is doing well. Why would they sell a piece of this horse NOW?? I just don't get it.
Didn't they BUY a piece of IWR?

IWR is owned by Lanzman and he sold part of the horse to IEAH.
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
joanied

here is the article link, toussaud:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...403&source=rss

Doesn't really say much...I'd assume more info would be forthcoming?

Gandalf the Grey
Old 04-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
miesque

Hope that goes better for the purchaser then the last time IEAH sold part of a recent expensive acquisition...
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaagent
I have to disagree with you Joanie. If I owned a horse with the credentials of IWR and we're a week away from the big one AND he's training well on the Churchill surface.....

If anyone approched me with an offer to buy a piece of my horse, I'm sorry my friend, that train has left the station.
What don't you agree with, tribe...that they sold a percentage of IWR to Singer...or that I doubt IEAH is going broke?

If it's just about selling a piece of IWR...I'd have to agree with you on that point...just like you, if he was mine, I would not have sold even a tiny percentage of him...but we don't know 'the rest of the story'...again, I doubt it has anything to do with the IEAH bankroll...maybe Singer is a friend, so they did him a favor and let him take a small percentage...maybe it's like 1%...we don't know...could be other factors involved also...
but, it's all speculation until they decide to give some details about the deal....IF they decide to give out details.
At any rate...it is kinda interesting.

Gandalf the Grey
Old 04-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
Hope that goes better for the purchaser then the last time IEAH sold part of a recent expensive acquisition...
Well, I think we'd need to give THAT purchase a little time... some time for R&R and then we'll know wether or not it was the purchase they hoped it would be. If she's sound...she'll be back.
Time will tell, eh

Gandalf the Grey
Old 04-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #12
fmolf

i think Lanzman still owns the controlling interest and just perhaps maybe Singer controls some prime broodmare that iwr will be bred to and they'll all get richer!
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #13
Spendabuck85

I don't recall them selling a piece of Big Brown before the Ky Derby so I would view this as a negative until more info comes out.
Spendabuck85 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #14
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolf
i think Lanzman still owns the controlling interest and just perhaps maybe Singer controls some prime broodmare that iwr will be bred to and they'll all get richer!
I analyzed IEAH to death and couldnt make sense of it so I went to a friend who knows a ton abt horses and business in general....his take is that noone from IEAH is getting rich, except Iavarone and anyone else getting the management fees.From a business perspective, he feels the venture is a mess. Iavarone's motivation is to get as many investors as possible, keep the money coming in and keep the management fees going, not necessarily to make money. That is what explains the high profile, low return, buy high purchases he makes in order to keep attention on IEAH and keep the new money coming in. When the motivation of the person controlling things conflicts with those investing, the result is often grim and that is what he predicts for IEAH long term and I cant help but agree.

As far as why they sold part of IWR, who knows but I dont think it can be viewed as a good thing.....
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
Watcher

Sure this absolutely makes sense...

It's very similar to what the IEAH boys were doing before they got into racing: pump and dump stocks.

They purchased a large chunk of IWR using Stardom Bound + some cash. If they were approached by Singer to purchase a piece of IWR, especially at an attractive price (around what they paid cash for IWR), they're basically freerolling on IWR now that Stardom Bound is resting at the farm.
Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote Reply