Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Nmytwenties

Pari Mutuel Racing At Ocala

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/48479.htm

Interesting. Not sure if its some kind of negotiating ploy. I have always wondered why that one day of racing they have down there for horses purchased at the Ocala sales was not simulcast and was not a card of races that was bettable. Is this facility actually fan ready, I thought it was just a training center that hosted the sales and didn't have any public access.
Nmytwenties is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

No Sir

They are set-up for races just as any track would be.

I was there for the Belmont last Year, they got all three floors and a Millionaires Section for the Highrollers, who frequent during the Sales.

This what what I saw and was told by workers there, when I watched the Belmont earlier this year.

It would be a great place for 2 year olds to race , right now they practice.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
boomman

Thumbs up Ocala Training Center

With a few upgrades, OTC could easily run an elongated meet, and I've always thought it to be ridiculous that they didn't offer parimutuel wagering on their Sales Stakes Day. The time is now!

Boomer
Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmytwenties
http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/48479.htm

Interesting. Not sure if its some kind of negotiating ploy. I have always wondered why that one day of racing they have down there for horses purchased at the Ocala sales was not simulcast and was not a card of races that was bettable. Is this facility actually fan ready, I thought it was just a training center that hosted the sales and didn't have any public access.

Public access...They have a airport right across the street.Fan friendly...you bettcha...As for full fields...They grow the horses there...Lots of hay and lots of money..It would be one of the most stellar meets during the summer months as there are a ton of training centers. This if it were to happen I think you will see the demise of the floridabred with the exception of stake horse in lots of other states IF the purses were compeitive and they had the racing dates.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

as far a the track/facility, If we can race at Beulah.... we should be able to race horses anywhere...

Probably hard to get days I imagine.... did they ever try????....

-someones going to get me for that Beulah comment... lol... Ill take it with no replies...
ralph_the_cat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
ezrabrooks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Public access...They have a airport right across the street.Fan friendly...you bettcha...As for full fields...They grow the horses there...Lots of hay and lots of money..It would be one of the most stellar meets during the summer months as there are a ton of training centers. This if it were to happen I think you will see the demise of the floridabred with the exception of stake horse in lots of other states IF the purses were compeitive and they had the racing dates.
Mc, Why the demise of the Florida Breds?...Edit: I guess you mean the demise of Florida Breds running in other States?

Ez

Last edited by ezrabrooks; 12-18-2008 at 08:22 PM.
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #7
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
Mc, Why the demise of the Florida Breds?...Edit: I guess you mean the demise of Florida Breds running in other States?

Ez
Today's article from Ocala.com will help spell out some of the serious issues facing Florida breeding.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2008121...try_in_turmoil
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Endsweep24

OBS is really run by some very wise people I think there would be slots and a card room in place before they ever ran there first race. Which I believe would go over very well here.
Endsweep24 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Your right with this and congratulations with nice win in 2nd race at calder today,he looked great in the paddock very impressive....we still didnt find Karl he is invisable there.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #10
ezrabrooks
Veteran

Did they run out of commas in Fla?

Ez
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #11
richrosa

Nealy off topic. When they eventually run that meet, I'll try and remember to post the warning that one should watch for the speedtraps on 441 where the Speed Limit changes from 35 to 55 every furlong or so, set up well so the police can set an out-of-towner up with a substantial local government charity donation.
richrosa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
Tampa Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrosa
Nealy off topic. When they eventually run that meet, I'll try and remember to post the warning that one should watch for the speedtraps on 441 where the Speed Limit changes from 35 to 55 every furlong or so, set up well so the police can set an out-of-towner up with a substantial local government charity donation.
No worries. By the time they run that meet, we'll be using rickshaws.
Tampa Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
Your right with this and congratulations with nice win in 2nd race at calder today,he looked great in the paddock very impressive....we still didnt find Karl he is invisable there.

Thanks a lot...I have givenup on ever seeing Karl
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
Did they run out of commas in Fla?

Ez
How did you figure that out?,,,,,,,,,,,,,