Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Car Czar

Boneheads are at it again.
The morons in congress told Fannie and Freddie how run their business and destroyed the economy. Now they, the biggest idiots on the face of the earth, jerks with no experience are going to tell the auto industry what to make, how green to make it, how small to make it, all the while totally ignoring the root cause of WHY they are going broke. Get ready to lose this industry - zero chance of success with dems telling them how to run their business. Zero chance. Barney and Dodd - two of the biggest non-productive losers ever born are at it again. If these two had been born ducks, their mothers would have pushed them out of the nest the day they were born!

Preview of the Obama reign of terror? Unchecked liberalism, a cancer, feeding off our country until it is dead? Yes. 100% certainty.

If I could bend back far enough, I'd be kissing my arse good-bye.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
lamboguy

all i can say to that one is if you liked bush you will love barak
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nothing alike.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

They'll need a catchy jingle:

Oh You Can Trust Your Car
From the team under the Czar
The Ford, GM, Chrysler Car Czar!
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
wonatthewire1

maybe they should call in the French to turn these three losers around. At least Renault was able to pull Nissan out from the brink of bankruptcy and have them making decent cars again.
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
HUSKER55

jUST WONDERING

I was down at the watering hole the other day and the guys were talking and one ol boy said that all of the big three had modern up to date plants over seas and that they did not need any plants in USA.

He was saying that Ford owns jaguar and volvo, for example, and then went on. (do they??)

If he is correct then exactly what in the hell are we bailing out. It was on FOX tonight that if the bailout happens federals judges get a pay raise of $5000. What for?
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #8
slewis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Boneheads are at it again.
The morons in congress told Fannie and Freddie how run their business and destroyed the economy. Now they, the biggest idiots on the face of the earth, jerks with no experience are going to tell the auto industry what to make, how green to make it, how small to make it, all the while totally ignoring the root cause of WHY they are going broke. Get ready to lose this industry - zero chance of success with dems telling them how to run their business. Zero chance. Barney and Dodd - two of the biggest non-productive losers ever born are at it again. If these two had been born ducks, their mothers would have pushed them out of the nest the day they were born!

Preview of the Obama reign of terror? Unchecked liberalism, a cancer, feeding off our country until it is dead? Yes. 100% certainty.

If I could bend back far enough, I'd be kissing my arse good-bye.
Tom,

You get no arguement from me regarding Dodd and Barney (throw in Nancy and Reid too). Your correct, they are clueless.
Now, I ask, what would you do?? How can Congress keep CEO's and other executives in line when they have failed so miserably? It seems in this country if you work your way up the corporate ladder and you lose hundreds of millions your still "entitled". Would you continue this entitlement? Are the bd of directors of GM dilusional?
I watched Trump last night on Fox state that he thought the GM CEO was competent. I dont know how he kept a straight face he's such a bad liar. He thinks GM makes a good product...really? How can anyone honestly say that.
So I'm asking do we or dont we bail out and if we do, who oversees what these parenial losers do with the taxpayer money?
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis
Tom,

You get no arguement from me regarding Dodd and Barney (throw in Nancy and Reid too). Your correct, they are clueless.
Now, I ask, what would you do?? How can Congress keep CEO's and other executives in line when they have failed so miserably? It seems in this country if you work your way up the corporate ladder and you lose hundreds of millions your still "entitled". Would you continue this entitlement? Are the bd of directors of GM dilusional?
I watched Trump last night on Fox state that he thought the GM CEO was competent. I dont know how he kept a straight face he's such a bad liar. He thinks GM makes a good product...really? How can anyone honestly say that.
So I'm asking do we or dont we bail out and if we do, who oversees what these parenial losers do with the taxpayer money?
A very large portion of the blame for the failure of the big 3 here in the U.S. lies with Big Gov and its CAFE Standards. GM, for example, does just fine with its sales and profits overseas because the Feds can't exercise any control over those sales.

The bailout will take place because Congress will really be bailing out the unions. The bailout will be designed to protect the workers' pensions. However, Congress will use this opportunity to nationalize the auto industry.
How do you like the idea of buying your next new car with the sticker that says, Approved and Designed by the U.S. Congress?

Can anyone connect the dots? Obama is all for raising the gasoline tax through the roof -- just not right now. But he will eventually. This is a given. He'll have to raise the tax in order to force Americans to buy the skateboards the Big 3 will be making by Congressional mandate.

Then the other day, Obamination himself said that it's time for everyone to end the denial about man-made global climate change. (This arrogant, dismissive remark itself is designed to shut down serious debate on what the real causes of global climate change are.) Very high on his agenda will be getting Congress to pass very harsh and very, very expensive environmental regulations. After all, this planet is also "too big to fail".

From day one, Obama will come off as some kind of superhero managing one crisis after another. Fear mongering will be the order of the day. Everything will require "immediate attention" -- just like Fannie and Freddie. Just like the banks. Just like the auto industry. The libs are already clearly establishing a pattern of rule -- one of FEAR. They will try to instill as much fear into the general public as possible in order to shut down debates on issues. They'll be telling us, essentially, there's no time to discuss these issues at length. No time for debate. We MUST act now before it's too late!

Everyone ready for the Raw Deal?

Boxcar
Old 12-11-2008, 01:30 AM   #10
slewis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
A very large portion of the blame for the failure of the big 3 here in the U.S. lies with Big Gov and its CAFE Standards. GM, for example, does just fine with its sales and profits overseas because the Feds can't exercise any control over those sales.

The bailout will take place because Congress will really be bailing out the unions. The bailout will be designed to protect the workers' pensions. However, Congress will use this opportunity to nationalize the auto industry.
How do you like the idea of buying your next new car with the sticker that says, Approved and Designed by the U.S. Congress?

Can anyone connect the dots? Obama is all for raising the gasoline tax through the roof -- just not right now. But he will eventually. This is a given. He'll have to raise the tax in order to force Americans to buy the skateboards the Big 3 will be making by Congressional mandat

Then the other day, Obamination himself said that it's time for everyone to end the denial about man-made global climate change. (This arrogant, dismissive remark itself is designed to shut down serious debate on what the real causes of global climate change are.) Very high on his agenda will be getting Congress to pass very harsh and very, very expensive environmental regulations. After all, this planet is also "too big to fail".

From day one, Obama will come off as some kind of superhero managing one crisis after another. Fear mongering will be the order of the day. Everything will require "immediate attention" -- just like Fannie and Freddie. Just like the banks. Just like the auto industry. The libs are already clearly establishing a pattern of rule -- one of FEAR. They will try to instill as much fear into the general public as possible in order to shut down debates on issues. They'll be telling us, essentially, there's no time to discuss these issues at length. No time for debate. We MUST act now before it's too late!

Everyone ready for the Raw Deal?

Boxcar
You need to explain exactly what you mean by the fed imposing ANYTHING on GM 's auto sales. You're in a dream world.
Your posts are such right wing hot air it's amazing. This situation is not a failure of right or left. It's the failure of an industry who's competition produces a superior product. I said this on a previous post:
For those who believe that the Japanese worker works for the equiv. of eight dollars an hour, like many excuse-making Americans think, your a fool.
People buy Toyota and Honda (and BMW) because they are BETTER CARS.
True some of the Union deals certainly hurt the industry, but let's call a spade a spade, the cost of the US auto worker is NOT the problem.
By the way... pensions exist in Japan and Germany, the same way they do here. I have relatives overseas who worked in German Auto manufacturing (they are not even German citizens) and they get a good pension.
So you go on Boxcar, keep blaming the Dems, and keep blaming the Unions.
I choose to blame the inferior product for the lack of market share.

By the way, I propose the same question to you I proposed to Tom:
What's your solution?
PS Do nothing is NOT an option, regardless of how good you think the "dopey three" as I choose to call them, sales are worldwide.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #11
michiken

There will no bailout unless the plan passes the Senate. There is one obstacle - the Senator from Alabama.

Read about the Boycott Alabama movement and click on facts and figures.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

NOTHING in the bail out addresses WHY the companies are failing, and so the money is being thrown away. NO ONE in congress is qualified to tell anyone how to do anything. We are in this mess because of congressional interference in the market, and the same morons who destroyed the economy are still at it. This is union bail out and acquisition of power, and the American economy and people are not considered in the least. Like the BOA deal in Chicago, it is extortion. Obama had NO RIGHT to stick his nose in that situation, but he did, and this is just a sample of the gestapo tactics coming our way from this fool.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #13
WaHoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
NOTHING in the bail out addresses WHY the companies are failing, and so the money is being thrown away. NO ONE in congress is qualified to tell anyone how to do anything. We are in this mess because of congressional interference in the market, and the same morons who destroyed the economy are still at it. This is union bail out and acquisition of power, and the American economy and people are not considered in the least. Like the BOA deal in Chicago, it is extortion. Obama had NO RIGHT to stick his nose in that situation, but he did, and this is just a sample of the gestapo tactics coming our way from this fool.

We think we may have discovered the silver lining to the continuing taxpay*er “rescues” of mismanaged compa*nies and incompetent corporate managers who then spend the money for retreats at exclusive resorts and spas.
The silver lining?
Congress and the White House have dem*onstrated they can act virtually overnight to provide hundreds of billions of dollars when they want to. ...
Remember the collapsing bridges and crum*bling highways that make up our interstate system? Remember the warning that Social Security will be bankrupt soon? Remember they said there is just no money to secure our borders? Remember they can’t find funds to upgrade our antiquated airport radar facilities to improve passenger safety? And probably a hundred other legitimate projects that there “just isn’t money to fund?”
Not true.
Never was.
The money has always been there.
It’s simply that the people we keep sending to Washington would rather spend the money on foreign aid programs to countries that don’t much like us, build monuments to themselves to impress their constituents, fund “research” projects that benefit nobody but nose-in-the*public- trough researchers, buy and maintain airplanes so they themselves don’t have to endure the common taxpayer in airports, and they’ve always managed to find taxpayer money so they can travel in gas guzzling SUVs and limousines.
And drink $500-dollar-a-bottle wine as they meet to solve the world’s financial crisis.
More and more, they’ve managed to divert American resources to people and programs that are little more than institutional looters.
But now they’ve exposed the truth.
The money is there to address America’s challenges.
Infrastructure, national security, public safe*ty, Social Security, and all the other programs for which Washington says there’s no money.
Now we know. The money is there.
And we can hardly wait for the next office holder to tell us otherwise.

The Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise
WaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #14
HUSKER55

good point buffalo
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Car Czar....wait a minute, isn't he the president of Afghanistan? Himmie Carzar?

Are we going to be driving Chevy Camels? (I'd drive a mile for a Camel)

Last edited by Tom; 12-11-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply