Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 10-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
porkchop

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I can't believe what happened today. The screen on my laptop was damaged when I left a pen on the keyboard and closed the top on it. I asked around and found that you can order a replacement screen on line alot cheaper than going to a computer store. I ordered the screen and it was delivered in three days. I decided to take it to Best Buy to have it installed ( I purchased it at best buy). I went to GeeK desk and asked how much and how long, after a short conferance with another Geek Squad member they said that they could not do the job because it would take too long and they couldn't put someone on that job. So I went home went on line got instructions on how to replace a LCD screen . I know absolutely nothing about repairing or taking apart computers the new screen was in and working in 45 minutes. I will never step foot in a best buy ever again.
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

Interesting website here:

http://ihatebestbuy.com/
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop
I can't believe what happened today. The screen on my laptop was damaged when I left a pen on the keyboard and closed the top on it. I asked around and found that you can order a replacement screen on line alot cheaper than going to a computer store. I ordered the screen and it was delivered in three days. I decided to take it to Best Buy to have it installed ( I purchased it at best buy). I went to GeeK desk and asked how much and how long, after a short conferance with another Geek Squad member they said that they could not do the job because it would take too long and they couldn't put someone on that job. So I went home went on line got instructions on how to replace a LCD screen . I know absolutely nothing about repairing or taking apart computers the new screen was in and working in 45 minutes. I will never step foot in a best buy ever again.

I'm surprised they didn't try to take advantage of you and quote some crazy figure to get it done. Good for you man. I've always worked on my computers myself..And I'm no expert either..Trial and error baby..
I used to be real cheap. About ten years ago my computers cooling fan went out and the computer would keep shutting itself off. So I took the side panel off the tower and stuck a 3x3 foot Fan behind it. It worked like a charm..LOL!!!! I eventually bought a cooling fan within the week..
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

they know you don't have many other choices...........and they didn't see any profit in it. That's the way it works now.

All the Support went overseas to India................
Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
porkchop

I really like the ihatebestbuy web site thanks dave
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply