Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

PLEASE TELL ME I AM WRONG, THAT WE HAVE CHANGED

I have been siiting in the truckstop all afternoon and turned on the CB Radio.

Well that was a mistake as they were arguing politics on the radio, you see this here is daylight hours, the Lot Lizards, they come out at night , but that is another story for another time, ok.

What has gotten me all riled up is the, Talk of Politics, which we all know now as "The Race, race", or so the drivers out here say, yep that's what the Presidential Race is called, and boy does it get ugly on the radio once in awhile.

It always comes down to the fact that if Obama was elected, then he would meet the same fate as the Kennedy's did, yep that fate.

PLEASE TELL ME , WE AS A NATION HAVE GROWN UP, AND THAT KIND OF TALK IS JUST THAT, TALK. WE COULD , IF WE HAD TO, PUT UP WITH OBAMA IF HE WAS ELECTED, IF??

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 08-01-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And just what is your premise?
It has nothing to do with a nation growing up.
It is individuals who commit acts.

You have a really lousy opinion of our country.

Last edited by Tom; 08-01-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
I have been siiting in the truckstop all afternoon and turned on the CB Radio.

Well that was a mistake as they were arguing politics on the radio, you see this here is daylight hours, the Lot Lizards, they come out at night , but that is another story for another time, ok.

What has gotten me all riled up is the, Talk of Politics, which we all know now as "The Race, race", or so the drivers out here say, yep that's what the Presidential Race is called, and boy does it get ugly on the radio once in awhile.

It always comes down to the fact that if Obama was elected, then he would meet the same fate as the Kennedy's did, yep that fate.

PLEASE TELL ME , WE AS A NATION HAVE GROWN UP, AND THAT KIND OF TALK IS JUST THAT, TALK. WE COULD , IF WE HAD TO, PUT UP WITH OBAMA IF HE WAS ELECTED, IF??
What? He gets addicted to Pain killers? Takes a Secretary on every trip to service him orally? Sleeps with Actresses while proclaiming a new "camelot" ? Shares an actess with his brother? Sends his brother after the Mob i.e. the Teamsters? Pisses off the Mob so bad that he gets himself killed?

Oh yeah, that might happen............... he is a Chicago Politico........who knows?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
Racially, we should be grown up enough. Policies & politics will always be argued. Thankfully there have been great advances in security for our leaders, for it only takes one or a few people to do evil things. Fortunately, I can't remember any shots fired at a President, VP, or a State Governor in a long time. Last President was Reagan around '80-'81, although I'm sure creepy people haven't totally abandoned the idea, and new creeps develop over time. Some folks may argue & yell & talk ugly, but I truly believe the Secret Service will do EVERYTHING they can to protect the President. I can't imagine it any other way.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
robert99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan'
Racially, we should be grown up enough. Policies & politics will always be argued. Thankfully there have been great advances in security for our leaders, for it only takes one or a few people to do evil things. Fortunately, I can't remember any shots fired at a President, VP, or a State Governor in a long time. Last President was Reagan around '80-'81, although I'm sure creepy people haven't totally abandoned the idea, and new creeps develop over time. Some folks may argue & yell & talk ugly, but I truly believe the Secret Service will do EVERYTHING they can to protect the President. I can't imagine it any other way.

That seems reasonable though I fear many will try for their minutes of fame, but the real change could be a social one brought on by hardly forgotten upbringing institutionalised racial hatred and false superiority over a to them lower order of humanity. There may a large number of lower social scale whites who in their minds at least were before higher up the greasy pole than the black Americans. When Obama gets elected P they are at the social bottom and they know it.
The ordinary black Americans that are not so State protected are the ones who may be in most mortal danger from the white mobs and good old Jim Crow.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert99
That seems reasonable though I fear many will try for their minutes of fame, but the real change could be a social one brought on by hardly forgotten upbringing institutionalised racial hatred and false superiority over a to them lower order of humanity. There may a large number of lower social scale whites who in their minds at least were before higher up the greasy pole than the black Americans. When Obama gets elected P they are at the social bottom and they know it.
The ordinary black Americans that are not so State protected are the ones who may be in most mortal danger from the white mobs and good old Jim Crow.
you are kidding right? Where are these "white mobs" running loose?

Where in the hell is Jim Crow still enforced? Where the hell are you getting your mental picture of America from?

You ever been to the States? And don't count NY City or half the northeast? That is a whole different world............

You have got to be kidding. You are actually implying that if Obama gets elected, "White Mobs" will go after unprotected blacks?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Actually, Robert, history here is that BLACK mobs run amuck when they don't get their way. You have a better shot at seeing that when McCain wins, and he will win.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #8
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

See what I mean, this is sad.

God knows we should be all equal, but we don't know that.

Maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself and stay of the board for awhile.

Inciting this hate was not the intention, it was to see that we have indeed overcame the 1800's early 1900's and do not see race as an issue, I don't, but that does not make me happy with Obama, woulda rahter had someone else in there, but who really wants to spend millions for a job that pays thousands, not the really good one, apparently, right?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I don't have a clue what the heck you are talking about.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

WHAT YOU ARE CONFUSED TOM?

WELL SO AM I AND I WROTE IT.

OK ENOUGH POLITICS AND CRAP FOR ME FOR A WHILE, I NEED TO PUT MY TIME TOWARDS OTHER THINGS , LIKE LIFE/WORK/PLAY AND OTHER EVERYDAY THINGS, SO LATER, ENUF GENERAL POSTING, OR POSTING IN GENERAL.

SO TILL THEN
Old 08-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #11
Marshall Bennett

Data has suggested that Blacks in large urban areas are at a greater crime risk from other blacks . Has always been the case .
Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
dutchboy
Veteran

If you check the lists of presidents I think you will see that every 4th one did not finish their term until about 10-15 years ago.

May have been Reagan that broke the streak when he survived the attack.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yes - Reagan.
I remember the day he was shot that was the big topic of discussion.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #14
equicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
What? He gets addicted to Pain killers? Takes a Secretary on every trip to service him orally? Sleeps with Actresses while proclaiming a new "camelot" ? Shares an actess with his brother?
You seriously expect us to believe you wouldn't jump at the chance to do these things? I know what I would do.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #15
wonatthewire1

Quote:
Originally Posted by equicom
You seriously expect us to believe you wouldn't jump at the chance to do these things? I know what I would do.

No way - JR would never do those sorts of things

He definitely would have told Marilyn Monroe to go take a hike
Closed Thread