Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
ny0707ny

War Pass out of Derby!

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44680

I knew it. Well that explains his loss to that horse last time. What a fun Derby this year now. What a horse he would have been. What a race he would have run last time.

This will make anyone give up the sport. I get the fox soccer channel now so I won't have much interest now in horse racing.

I had enough with all the hroses I like going down or being retired early. It got to be too much for me. This was a special horse. It is really sad.
ny0707ny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Norm

It can be disheartening when a favorite horse is injured. My first Derby horse ever, when I was new to the game was Tim Tam. I was delighted when he won the Derby and ecstatic when he won the Preakness. I was sure I was on a Triple Crown winner. Unfortunately he broke a sesamoid in the running of the Belmont. Never-the-less, he finished a courageous second. It was a major disappointment. But, fifty years later, I'm still here.

War Pass may recover and run again. If not, we will know that we have been witness to one of those special moments of thoroughbred courage that make this a great sport.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Semipro

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny0707ny
http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44680

I knew it. Well that explains his loss to that horse last time. What a fun Derby this year now. What a horse he would have been. What a race he would have run last time.

This will make anyone give up the sport. I get the fox soccer channel now so I won't have much interest now in horse racing.

I had enough with all the hroses I like going down or being retired early. It got to be too much for me. This was a special horse. It is really sad.
Sorry about your horse you were his biggest fan(on this board anyways)just thank god they found it before the Derby though I did ? his distance limitations he Damn sure had the Heart of a Champion. Hopefully he'll be back but there's worst things than being a stallion with a full book.
Semipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Wickel

Sorry to see him go. I was looking forward to War Pass setting some nice, early fractions, forcing Big Brown to expend a little more energy earlier. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
Sorry to see him go. I was looking forward to War Pass setting some nice, early fractions, forcing Big Brown to expend a little more energy earlier. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
A Derby without a pacesetter? Never will happen.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Big Brown's odds just went down even more.............
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
ny0707ny

It changes the pace of the race alright. I am not sure now who my pick will be. I didn't have any other horse to win. Brown looks like the only front speed. He has only 3 starts though and 3 start horses don't win Derby's.The rest of the field is weak now. His chances go up, but they are still well below a sure thing.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
War Pass

OHCRAP This is terrible news. And I feel bad for Zito... hope CCM can make a good showing for them, although I can't see him winning the Derby...at least we'd have Zito there, which is always fun.
I hope since this injury doesn't seem so serious that they have not mentioned retirement, that they'll give him the time and bring him back later in the year...or as a 4 yr old (now wouldn't that be nice).
Whatever is best for this really fun and exciting Champion.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
russowen77

I thought he got injured in the stretch in the last race he won. I was hoping it was muscle but this does not sound too bad. I hope he can get back for the breeders cup. Damn that horse sure has his Daddy's heart.

He could have broken down at CD as hard as that track gets sometimes so this is a blessing in my eyes.
russowen77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
ny0707ny

Yeah I guess it is great they found out ahead of time. I hope he comes back but today all the great horses retire at 4 years old. Curlin is the only one from last year still racing.

Hard Spun and Street Sense both are retired before giving a chance to race at 4.

I still got Naughty New Yorker at least Not anywhere near those of course but he may be in the top 10 NY bred horses of all time in earnings if he wins Saturday. He would have $1 million. The best NY horse I ever seen.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #11
john del riccio

Big Brown might be 4 clear after a 1/2 mile.......

John
john del riccio is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
GaryG
Unreconstructed

This has been going on as long as there has been racing. Like Norm, I was a big Tim Tam fan when I was a kid. Hang in there.....at least he didn't go down on the track. You will have another favorite before you know it.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #13
FlyinLate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Big Brown's odds just went down even more.............
First thing that came to my mind.
FlyinLate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I hope so...I do not like BB one bit.
I hope he gets tons bet on him.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Niko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I hope so...I do not like BB one bit.
I hope he gets tons bet on him.
Other than having only 3 starts what makes you dislike Big Brown so much?
Niko is offline   Reply With Quote Reply