Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Tampa Bay Downs

I just came back from TBD where I raced 3 horses thurs fri and sat..All 3 picked up checks. I have fallen in love with this track with their very friendly people who even thanked me for running there.I also met the RS a very nice lady.The track is very leg friendly on the horses and I do plan to race there more over the winter.I just wanted to thank them people for making sure I had stalls and making sure everything was ok. TAmpa Bay Downs is a nice place to race..To my lurker friend who said Hello to me..You run a good ship...Thanks
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
I just came back from TBD where I raced 3 horses thurs fri and sat..All 3 picked up checks. I have fallen in love with this track with their very friendly people who even thanked me for running there.I also met the RS a very nice lady.The track is very leg friendly on the horses and I do plan to race there more over the winter.I just wanted to thank them people for making sure I had stalls and making sure everything was ok. TAmpa Bay Downs is a nice place to race..To my lurker friend who said Hello to me..You run a good ship...Thanks
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Congrats, Tom....and Tampa Bay

BTW, I took your advice and am playing GP - turf only.
As far as I'm concerned, NYRA is closed this year. These doofuses are too stupid to bother with. GP turf is pretty profitable, as is SA, Tam, and FG. Who need dirt OR poly? I'm, playing palm trees and green grass.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
kenwoodallpromos

TBD

I've heard for awhile that TBD is good for bettors- I'm glad to hear it is also good for horsemen!!
kenwoodallpromos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I personally love Tampa....good to see they treat McSchell good as well!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
garyoz

Don't ever remember a bad thing being said about Tampa Bay on this forum. They certainly provide great betting action. Good jockey colony, fair track, great turf course, nice to hear about the good management....best of luck McSchell.
garyoz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
Zaf
Pace Cappa

McSchell, Congats on Surrealdeal finishing 3rd in the Pasco Stakes !

Z
Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #8
trying2win

Can someone tell me:

--Is it the Florida horsemen or the Tampa Bay Downs management, that is stonewalling PREMIER TURF CLUB from getting a contract to carry the Tampa Bay Downs races?

--I wouldn't mind betting on the Tampa Bay Downs races, but my only option at present, would be through Horseplayer Interactive....UGH! No thanks. Would rather bet through PTC.

On the good side, I believe I read somewhere that Tampa Bay Downs reduced the takeout on a couple of bet types in the last year or two. Hope someone can verify that. If it's true, kudos to the track management for that!

Last edited by trying2win; 01-21-2008 at 06:07 AM.
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2008, 06:52 AM   #9
jma

http://tampaturf.blogspot.com/2007/1...-for-this.html

As of this meet, Pick 4 takeout dropped from 25% to 20%; Pick 3 from 21% to 20%; and win/place/show from 18% to 17.5%.

Tampa's a great track to bet. One of the biggest racing success stories in recent years---the handle seems to grow each season.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #10
point given

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Nice to read your comments on Tampa, a people / horse friendly place . I just wish the other place would be so enlightened, instead of being a glitz, marketing machine, which has no heart or soul, which makes customers feel very uncomfortable and stay away. Continued good luck to you and your merry band of pranksters, er, horses !
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
onefast99

We will continue to have 2 or three horses there every winter. Great people in the racing office who are very friendly and look to help the horseman in any way shape or form. I will have Another Month in the 2x 6f on 1-26. Good post by McShell.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #12
Wickel

Tampa Bay Downs is one of the delights of winter racing. I call it the premier "mid-major" of thoroughbred racing.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
DanG
Easy Goer

Just to put in perspective where Tampa has come from…

In the late 70’s we vacationed in Tampa and visited track for the 1st time. Went down to the walking ring and one claimer had duct tape holding on their front wraps that looked like leftover gauze from a M*A*S*H episode. I kid you not…

In this case…Good things happened to good people.
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dan,
Finger Lakes shipper.

Was it Florida Downs back then?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote: