Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
Pell Mell
Veteran

Pell Mell Spots No More 9/24

It looked like a bad day yesterday till the last play that won @ $41.
Three days running we made 100% profit on the day but I have decided not to post here anymore.

Some how I feel like a whore in church on this forum or at the very least, an alien from another planet. There are exceptions, but most around here live in a different world than I do. I don't care to reside in a 3/5 world.

For any that are interested, I will be posting at Horses Wild as Race 606 as I have done for years.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

now why in the world would my having fun, and what I post, have any effect on your enjoyment and what you post?

So far as I can tell you've been shown nothing but love for your picks from the members here.

btw, I fully expect my picks to be profitable, and if they are not at the end of my little test run, I fully expect to get HAMMERED by my brethren here. Stick around and you can join in.

Last edited by chickenhead; 09-24-2007 at 12:25 PM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Pell Mell
Veteran

The point is that I thought posting selections was supposed to help the uniformed play some ponies and maybe make a few bucks while having some fun. I can't see the sense in posting horses that even a blind man can see that it should win. Most, not all, around here just talk S**T but are afraid to put their money where their mouth is. Very few players here, just a bunch of theorists that don't know jack about making money playing horses. Note, I didn't say all, but if the shoe fits.....
Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Quote:
The point is that I thought posting selections was supposed to help the uniformed play some ponies and maybe make a few bucks while having some fun.
Is there an odds range limit to this thought of yours?

Quote:
I can't see the sense in posting horses that even a blind man can see that it should win.
What if they are profitable?

Quote:
Most, not all, around here just talk S**T but are afraid to put their money where their mouth is. Very few players here, just a bunch of theorists that don't know jack about making money playing horses. Note, I didn't say all, but if the shoe fits
I thought the whole point of this game is to make money, not show you have the biggest nuts by picking 20-1 shots?

Here is what I think. People shit on favorites, and low odds horses, because they think it is somehow beneath them, or shows a lack of ingenuity. They are mostly right to do so, because it is so hard to make money on low price horses. BUT, if one can find a way to make money on low odds horses, it absolutely DOMINATES playing longshots with regards to bankroll growth. To me the absolute HOLY GRAIL is a 10% ROI on 60% winners. That will absolutely destroy just about anything else. I don't care if that's done by dutching several horses, or with a single horse.

I still don't get why my trying to do that bothers you so much.

In the end, IMO, the ONLY thing that matters in the selections forum, and real life, is profit/loss.

Last edited by chickenhead; 09-24-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Pell Mell
Veteran

If that's your Holy Grail, then your in the right church.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #6
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

I am sorry that (one of) my goals seems to demoralize you to such a degree. Buck up little cowboy.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
Pell Mell
Veteran

You know Chick, your taking this personally. I have nothing against you, in fact, we would probably get along fine face to face. What irks me about handicappers is when they sit around like a bunch of "Armchair Generals" trying to run a war when they've never been in the trenches. All those books on the market written by a bunch of theroists who don't have a clue about what makes animals tick and they come up with things like ROI. Does that mean "Results of an Idiot"? Why sit around trying to dissect a race made up of a bunch of evenly matched animals when there are so many races where an edge may be found? As far as my picking longshots, I don't do it to show I have balls, I do it to make money. Take it any way you like but if you ever want to live off the horses you had better forget those shortstops because there have been an awful lot of failures to prove that it's not the way to go. Your betting against the public at large and you can't make money going along with the mob. One must take advantage of the utter stupidity of the betting public and when you try to nit-pick which of their choices to play your just another Lemming.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #8
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

That's all fine...I don't have any problem with you, never have. I like your picks. I'm glad that you post them. I'm just trying to understand what is bothering you enough to quit posting, you seemed to indicate it was at least in part ME. It's alright, fuggedaboutit.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
judd

pell is right
who gets excited with 3/5 picks
judd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #10
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Is there something wrong with your browser settings? Are you somehow forced to read my threads? Can the moderator please look into this, it appears I'm upsetting a lot of folks.

Unlike 99.9% of posters in this section, I am keeping score, and will post a full recap. Why don't you wait until then to bother me.

Last edited by chickenhead; 09-24-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #11
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

I will change the title of my threads from Locks of The Day to something like:

Woefully Inadequate Lemming Picks O' The Day

will that make everyone feel better? Can I then continue my public workout without offending everyone? Will everyone then feel ok about not reading it if they're not interested?

I'll also include a saucy picture or two, from time to time, so as to "excite" those who stumble upon the thread unawares, and are otherwise left flaccid by my demonstrations of horse picking prowess.

Last edited by chickenhead; 09-24-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:36 PM   #12
duckhunter3
d

From Duckhunter 3 to Pell Mell

Sorry to see you go, Pell Mell. I enjoyed your picks and I think you and I are pretty much on the same wave length.

All the best.
duckhunter3
duckhunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #13
duckhunter3
d

PELL MELL, I would like to keep in touch if you are interested. I don't share my ideas with ANYONE else except my handicapping buddy (and he keeps his mouth shut), except when I came on this forum and thought it would be fun.

any idea how we might connect and share ideas and thoughts, without giving out email addresses, phone numbers etc., publicly?

I guess one of us could get a new email address and disclose that publicly but I don't know. Maybe no way.

But I was certainly disappointed with the attitude of the people on this board.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #14
whobet
TheComputerGuy Retired

One would think that posting ones horse racing picks on a horse racing forum
would:

1. Be fun
2. Hopefully profitable
3. Get positive feedback when one does good
4. Maybe get some intelligent comments, when it appears you are struggling.
5. Maybe even meet someone who could become a friend

In actuality, what you get is:
1. They instantly attack the new guy
2. Wait to see how he does, then attack him.
3. Attack him when he has a bad day
4. On your good day, there is complete silence
5. Attack his approach, too many favorites
6. Attack his approach, too many longshots
7. Attack you cause you don't post results
8. Attack you cause you pick to many races
9. Attack you cause you are very selective

It takes a strong guy like Anderon,
who does this, cause it helps make him a better handicapper,
he is very strong, cause he gets alot of crap,
and very little love, but he keeps on going, like the Battery Rabbit.

Go Anderon

What is the answer:

For Whobet, it is, I like giving my picks, maybe it will get some newbies playing this great game.
I ignore the feed back, I would make my picks whether I post them or not,
so I post them when I can,
it is not a priority of mine to get my picks posted in a timely manner,
some days I am very late, but I don't care,
I have other priorites that are more important then the posting of my picks.
Usually 100 or so people look at them,
most are lurkers, they look but never post a comment, that's fine with me.
At least 100 people took the time to look, I take that as positive feedback.
This is not what one would expect, when you first start posting, but this is life,
in every Horse racing forum that I have been in,
and I have been banned for not following some of the rules on certain sites,
I don't care,

Mr PACE lets me post here, gives me very little crap unless I mess with him,
works for me, I just post my picks cause I got them, and some of youall like them.

I am sorry you guys have given up so easily, but thanks for posting and giving it a try.
whobet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
duckhunter3
d

Thanks for the input (AND LECTURE) and congrats to Anderon for being such a soldier. But the whole thing just doesn't make sense to me, if all I get is nothing from it except satisfaction showing I did well. I get that from myself.

Just my opinion.