Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-02-2002, 04:51 PM   #1
musicponies

Question Tom Consoles - Snap Capper Pro

I recently won an auction on ebay for Tom Consoles Snap Capper Pro.... The only problem was the seller lost the manual... I emailed Joe Zambutto for some help, since he was the original programmer... But he said it was quite awhile ago and didnt remember what all the Fields and Numbers represented.... If anyone here uses this program, could you shed some light on what the Snap Column Numbers Represent....
The program appears to be quite accurate in contender selection as well as spotting some excellent longshots... It would help tremendously to know what the actual figures in each column represents... I appreciate any input you may have.... Thanks!
JD
musicponies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2002, 05:50 PM   #2
JimG

Tom Console posted as TomC on here. If you go to "members" and search for TomC, you can send him an e-mail through this board. I would hope he would help you with this.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2002, 06:13 PM   #3
musicponies

Thanks JimG!

JimG
Thanks very much for the info... I have emailed Tom Console at TomC .... Hopefully he can give me some input...
I really think he has a useful program here... I have used his old Tru Tenders program for years and have had many nice prices from the top 3 or 4 contenders still to this day... Its a bit archaic being a dos program and all... But, it works fine on my XP machine... Thanks Again!
JD
musicponies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2002, 06:54 PM   #4
Derek2U
Veteran

MusicPonies

How did you manage to run a DOS proggy on your XP?
Derek2U is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2002, 07:35 PM   #5
Figman

For DEREK2U

XP COMPATABILITY WITH OLD PROGRAMS. One of the most powerful features of Windows XP is its capability to run programs designed for earlier systems, even DOS. If you have one of those relics in your closet, dust it off, browse to the application file for the program in Windows Explorer, right click to Properties and click the "Run This Program In Compatability Mode For" box. Select the Windows version for which the program was intended and click the Display Settings checkbox appropriate for the program, if you know the correct settings. Click OK, then double click on the program file and take a step back in time.
-from Neat Net Tricks
Figman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2002, 07:44 PM   #6
Dave Schwartz

Figman,

Unfortunately, some of those very old programs used "DOS extenders" which are not compatible with NT/XP/W2k.

If that is the case, that switch will not help, but it is always worth a try.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply