Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-19-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
StartedAt18

There Is No War On Terror!

There Is No War on Terror
By Robert Dreyfuss
TomPaine.com
Wednesday 13 September 2006

President George W. Bush, Vice President Cheney and the entire Republican election team are scrambling to make their so-called war on terror the focus of the next seven weeks. As in 2002 and 2004, they're counting on their ability to scare Americans with the al-Qaida bogeyman. And while the trauma of 9/11 has begun to dissipate and American voters seem less susceptible than ever to the scare tactics used by the White House, for the past five years the Democrats have been singularly unable to develop an effective counter to the Bush administration on terrorism. So, for that reason, here are 10 important facts about terrorism that opponents of President Bush should understand.

For the rest, click here:

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/200..._on_terror.php

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-19-2006 at 01:48 AM.
StartedAt18 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #2
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

"......they're counting on their ability to scare Americans with the al-Qaida bogeyman."

Do you think the Al Qaida organization itself is part and parcel of the bogeyman conspiracy? Or have you not heard or read any news within the last few days about Al Qaida's newest threats against the West?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Tell this guys family there is no Al Queda......you make me sick.........
Old 09-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
ljb
Veteran

Jr,
Oh, the 9/11 card already. Wow, in times past this card was held until later in the game. Is this a sign of weakness in Jr's hand ?
Take two aspirin and call back in the morning.
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
PlanB
Veteran

I'm hoping very hard that we leave the NYC WTC 9/11 horror alone. Period.
Re-affirming it, at its 5th anniversary, was a perfect END to its being dragged
out by pseudo politicians trying to prove every moronic point. It was awful,
but why keep wallowing in its grief?
PlanB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Uhh, to keep it from happening again?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #7
Snag

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanB
I'm hoping very hard that we leave the NYC WTC 9/11 horror alone. Period.
Re-affirming it, at its 5th anniversary, was a perfect END to its being dragged
out by pseudo politicians trying to prove every moronic point. It was awful,
but why keep wallowing in its grief?
We need to "keep wallowing in it..." because history has a way of repeating itself. I won't use 911. I'll just remind everyone that the same thing was said about Hilter and his march into Poland. Oh, he won't do that again. Well, he did. And if it isn't Al Queda, it could very well be Iran or someone else, so do use all a favor and go put your head in someone elses sandbox. By the way, I can think of 3000 "points" that are not moronic.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
BenDiesel26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartedAt18
There Is No War on Terror
By Robert Dreyfuss
TomPaine.com
Wednesday 13 September 2006

President George W. Bush, Vice President Cheney and the entire Republican election team are scrambling to make their so-called war on terror the focus of the next seven weeks. As in 2002 and 2004, they're counting on their ability to scare Americans with the al-Qaida bogeyman. And while the trauma of 9/11 has begun to dissipate and American voters seem less susceptible than ever to the scare tactics used by the White House, for the past five years the Democrats have been singularly unable to develop an effective counter to the Bush administration on terrorism. So, for that reason, here are 10 important facts about terrorism that opponents of President Bush should understand.

For the rest, click here:

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/200..._on_terror.php
al Qaeda threat to 'slit throats of worshippers of the cross'

al Qaeda calls for Muslims to leave US in anticipation of attack

Open up your eyes please. Those articles are just from the past couple of days. This occurs on almost a daily basis.
BenDiesel26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 11:23 AM   #9
46zilzal
velocitician

one answer fits all

again and again the trump card is played.

Attached Images
File Type: gif keefe3.gif (20.4 KB, 120 views)
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 01:27 PM   #10
ljb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snag
We need to "keep wallowing in it..." because history has a way of repeating itself. I won't use 911. I'll just remind everyone that the same thing was said about Hilter and his march into Poland. Oh, he won't do that again. Well, he did. And if it isn't Al Queda, it could very well be Iran or someone else, so do use all a favor and go put your head in someone elses sandbox. By the way, I can think of 3000 "points" that are not moronic.
Well if we are going to "keep wallowing in it" we should get someone in charge that knows how to re-act to it.
We had most of the world behind us on 9/12. Our leaders wasted the world support we had by going off topic and invading Iraq. What ever happened to Osama bin forgotten anyway ?
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Another myth in the liberal pantheon of Convenient Delusions. Most of the world's sympathy had been spent by 9/13.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

some seem to forget that "most of the world" has been against us since the 1700's......... don't ever forget those wingnuts dancing in the street and throwing candy to the kids on Sept 11th

trying to convince the U.S. public that there is no terrorist threat........is stupid. And it helps advance the agenda of the terrorists
Old 09-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #13
kenwoodallpromos

Funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
again and again the trump card is played.
Funny! (But that does not look like Monica and Bill!) But the words fit!
kenwoodallpromos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #14
kenwoodallpromos

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDiesel26
al Qaeda threat to 'slit throats of worshippers of the cross'

al Qaeda calls for Muslims to leave US in anticipation of attack

Open up your eyes please. Those articles are just from the past couple of days. This occurs on almost a daily basis.
kenwoodallpromos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #15
Bala

The fruits of terror are evident all over the streets of ghetto America. Warlords of many strips {not only Islam} are actively engaged in selling drugs and guns to our youths. East Asia and narco terrorist have allied themselves a long time ago to fund their worldwide operations.

Neither party chooses properly secure our borders. And our ports are in even worse condition then 20 years ago. Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms Bureau estimates that 10,000 {ten thousand} pounds of narcotics cross our borders and ports every day!!!

That to me is a lost war on terror. But wait, what am I saying, after all these kinds of people are expendable.