Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
betchatoo

Question about Firefox

Recently bought a new computer. Installed Firefox. In my last version it had an option, "view this page in IE." I do not have it on this version nor have I been able to find the extension that lets me do it. Anyone know where I can find it, or is it just gone?

Thanks
Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
betchatoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Bet,

It is an extension, not installed in the core browser. Look under the tools menu/extensions - it will bring up the extensions window with a "Get More Extensions" link at the bottom. I'd post the link for you, but I'm running Linux at the moment and I think they may be different links, you need the microsoft extensions page and of course no "display in IE" under Linux.

Bill
BillW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
DJofSD
Screw PC

See if this is it.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
betchatoo

I found it. Thanks for your help.
Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
betchatoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
skate
s.e. pa.

BillW;

how is that Linux working out for you?

who did you use? or was it Pre-installed?
skate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate
BillW;

how is that Linux working out for you?

who did you use? or was it Pre-installed?
Skate,

Sorry about missing this question earlier. I've been using it for about 10 years now and the system is extremely reliable and fast. As a matter of fact, the only crash I've experienced was caused by a hardware failure when a disk went down a few years ago. Solid environment for software development. I'm now using Fedora core IV & V (multiple computers). I typically build my own computers and install my own software (with the exception of the laptop) so I have nothing pre-installed here except for the windows that came on the laptop - of course I reformatted and rebuilt that disk as soon as I got it . PM me if you have any specific questions.

Bill
BillW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply