Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
samyn on the green

Formulator 4.1 Company Line

The Company line has been reduced on the 4.1 formy software. The names are undecipherable about half of the time now due to a reduced amount of charectors availbale for the company line. I am somewhat crafty regarding horse names but this format has pushed deciphering horses names into the realm of deciphering cryptic codes. After capping/decoding the card at Aqueduct I was able to deciper the Shepards Monument code and I am on my way to retrieving the holy grail with ease. I just can't tell you who ran second to Galloping Grocer last out.

For example 06APR AQU Race 5 Horse #5 The Deputy Is Home

19DEC the company line reads THDptyIsHom 120 Rplcton 116 HyRb 118

I have no idea who ran 2 and 3 in this race do to over abbreviation. Why would a company downgrade a program with a newer release? Very dissappointed.

Last edited by samyn on the green; 04-06-2006 at 05:24 AM.
samyn on the green is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
ceejay

If the race in question is of the last 3 starts you can pull up the full chart. Also, when you buy the formulator data files I think (but am not sure) that you can grab the PDF for free.
ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
takeout

Thumbs down Scrunching the company line

That has always bugged me too and I think many of the resellers have taken it too far. Because they can only fit so much stuff in one line of PPs, I have long thought that the stuff in PPs should be sold a la carte.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
Tim

Actually it looks like they have abbreviated long horse names in the company line for years. I looked at both the hard copy and the pdf for that race and it's the same. I also took a look at some 2002 and 2003 hardcopy Daily Racing Forms and some 2003 Formulator pp's and found abbreviations in the company line

It's funny that I never noticed that before. Makes me wonder what else I'm missing.
Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
kitts

Maybe I am just lucky, but I downloaded files for tomorrow this morning and the Company Line came out fine. I am using Formulator Basic.

Kitts Anderson
Chairman, Oldguys Oasis
kitts is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
samyn on the green

The key is to print the PP's, the names are further butchered in hardcopy format.
samyn on the green is offline   Reply With Quote Reply