Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Citation33
Veteran

With Aqueduct cancelled. Is there?

still a pick 3 payout. Say you have the second and third race won. Do they give out a consolation when the 4th race is cancelled?
Citation33 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation33
still a pick 3 payout. Say you have the second and third race won. Do they give out a consolation when the 4th race is cancelled?
The 4th race is won by "all". Look at all of the partners you have!
Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
Citation33
Veteran

HAH just great. Thanks didnt see the payouts and it wasnt up yet on the NYRA website. Thanks again for the info
Citation33 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Ron

I'd be pissed off if I started my pick 3 and pick 4 with a 29.20 horse and that happened. I didn't realize that they could keep your money if two legs of a pick 4 were cancelled.

Last edited by Ron; 04-05-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
toetoe
Veteran

Thank God they didn't start the pick-six, or the payoff would be x-all-all-all-all-all.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I'd be pissed off if I started my pick 3 and pick 4 with a 29.20 horse and that happened. I didn't realize that they could keep your money if two legs of a pick 4 were cancelled.
They didn't keep your money. The Pick-3 and Pick-4, both of which ran two legs, paid $127 and $125 for having the first two winners, which was higher than the parlay by the way. The Pick-3 beginning with a $5.40 horse paid $4.80, obviously due to the Pick-3 being a 25% takeout versus 15% for win betting.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
toetoe
Veteran

tlg,

That raises an interesting hair I'd love to split. Canceling the in-progress bets would be one option, but the payoff on the incomplete bet penalizes the winners. I know it occurs once in a blue moon, but as they can't adjust the take, maybe they can refund on one-down sequences, and pay out on two-down and more. I could even argue that in case of refund (scratch, cancellation, etc.), all bettors, even those already "dead," should get refunds.

Let's say you made a show or superfecta bet and your horse broke down or dumped the rider early on. If subsequent events narrowed the finishers down to 4 or 5, and the show bet or super were refunded, you'd get your money back, even though you had no better case than a "dead" serial player has in a later race.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
the little guy

I agree, racetracks should have a parimutual caveat wherein if a multi-race wager is narrowed to a wager involving fewer races the takeout reverts to the other wager, i.e. one race=win and two=doubles. In fact, I've discussed this in the past.

Good luck to it ever happening.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply