Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-05-2002, 12:44 PM   #1
MANOWAR

Thumbs down The Kentucky Derby Was Fixed!

In my opinion,the Saudi Prince bought the Kentucky Derby! With Danthebluegrassman scratched by Bob Baffert (I don't buy the story as to why he was scratched), and Buddah scratched, there were in my estimation 4 other speed balls in this race who would have challenged War Emblem for the early lead. What the Hell Happened To These Horses! In my opinion, The Saudi Prince payed off the jockeys who rode these other speed horses! That's why War Emblem got away with setting soft fractions than coasted home the victor. Also, someone please tell me why Eddie Delahoussaye didn't claim foul on Victor Espinoza? I don't buy Eddie's story. Some people don't believe in fixed races. Some say it doesn't happen anymore, especially at this level. In my opinion, This Years Kentucky Derby Wreaked Of Foul Play!
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2002, 12:52 PM   #2
so.cal.fan

Question

Do you bet horses, Man O War? If so, why?
Would you play poker with cheats?
If you believe that races are fixed, why bet them?
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2002, 01:03 PM   #3
tanda

SoCal Fan,

All losers believe in conspiracy theories. It is a necessary psychological device to protect themseilves from the reality: by and large in life a person's results are deserved. Instead, they convince themselves that the deck is perpetually stacked against them particularly by those with money and power.
tanda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
so.cal.fan

All losers believe in conspiracy theories.

This is a true statement.
In the 40 years I have been in horseracing, it has always and always will be true.

If handicappers would look for their own errors, work to correct them, and dismiss crookedness, they may just have a winning year.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:24 PM   #5
Lefty

Horses don't always run to our scenarios. Please don't waste your money betting horses if this is what you truly think and please change your "nick" your comments prove you unworthy to use it.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2002, 01:25 PM   #6
highnote

I don't buy the conspiracy theory, but it's a pretty creative one. I didn't think of it.

Personally, I always try to find (for fun only) a "presidential" theory.

The year Sea Hero won his owner was Mellon who owned Rokeby Stables. Rokeby Stables farm is (was?) next to CIA headquarters in Virginia. George Bush, Sr. was head of the CIA and was the U.S. president at the time.

Every year I'm able to make this connection - but it's always AFTER THE RACE that it's so obvious.

This year George Bush, Jr. is involved in a war on terrorism - against a Saudi Arabian - Bin Laden. This year's winner - War Emblem. This year's owner - a Saudi. See how easy this game is.

I think an Arkansas Derby winner won the KY Derby when Clinton was Pres.

You see, my conspiracy theory (for fun only) is that the Derby is always won for the benefit of the President. :>)

Last edited by swetyejohn; 05-05-2002 at 01:28 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2002, 01:45 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

He bought it?

If he was going to buy it......it sure did take him a long time. Not to mention the 20 other owners who had to be in on it. Most of them are multi-millionaires, so how much would it have cost to buy off 20 multi millionaire types. I know he is rich, but come on. If he was going to buy the Derby, why not with Point Given? It would have looked a lot better and he could have had a Triple Crown.........

I think Eddie D. was classy as hell when interviewed about a possible objection. I think he said "The tight quarters wouldn't have changed the outcome, he pulled away and we couldn't catch him" He made a fair judgement and it didn't appear that he had any doubt who the best horse was.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
ranchwest

Re: The Kentucky Derby Was Fixed!

Quote:
Originally posted by ManOWar
In my opinion,the Saudi Prince bought the Kentucky Derby! With Danthebluegrassman scratched by Bob Baffert (I don't buy the story as to why he was scratched), and Buddah scratched, there were in my estimation 4 other speed balls in this race who would have challenged War Emblem for the early lead. What the Hell Happened To These Horses! In my opinion, The Saudi Prince payed off the jockeys who rode these other speed horses! That's why War Emblem got away with setting soft fractions than coasted home the victor. Also, someone please tell me why Eddie Delahoussaye didn't claim foul on Victor Espinoza? I don't buy Eddie's story. Some people don't believe in fixed races. Some say it doesn't happen anymore, especially at this level. In my opinion, This Years Kentucky Derby Wreaked Of Foul Play!
I had War Emblem rated far superior in early speed, even against the scratched horses, and able to take the distance.

I played the 3 and 5 on top and took the 13 out on a final elimination, so I missed those big payouts, but I was not at all surprised that War Emblem won.

You need to do the same as me, just handicap a little better next year. No conspiracy.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:28 PM   #9
so.cal.fan

Smile

Swetyejohn:
Now, I really like your "presidental theory"
Who are we, on this forum, to say this is not a "Universal Arrangement" a U.A. so to speak?
You may have discovered the "missing link" of handicapping.

Old 05-05-2002, 02:49 PM   #10
justin

LOL!

Yeah...it was fixed. Please, don't be greedy and share whatever you're smoking!!!
Old 05-05-2002, 03:08 PM   #11
highnote

When I handicapped the Derby I didn't think there was very much speed in the race. There were some front runners, but not like last year where the frontrunners were speedballs. My problem was I didn't know who would get the lead. I figured someone would challenge War Emblem. When I saw 23 and change I thought he had a chance to go gate to wire. When I saw 47 and no one challenged the race was over in my opinion.

When the first race of the card, a 6 furlonger, went wire to wire with Pat "Wait All" Day up, I knew speed was king. I still wasn't certain who would grab the early lead in the Derby. Even if I knew who would grab the lead I couldn't have predicted that no one would challenge him.

Did you notice that the first three finishers were 1-2-3 going into the first turn?

Here's a conspiracy theory for you: Maybe the track was souped up because CD management knew the final time of the Derby would be embarrasingly slow if the track was normal?

John Swetye

Last edited by swetyejohn; 05-05-2002 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:10 PM   #12
highnote

I liked this theory so much I've reposted it.

Here's a conspiracy theory for you: Maybe the track was souped up because CD management knew the final time of the Derby would be embarrasingly slow if the track was normal?

John Swetye
Old 05-05-2002, 03:49 PM   #13
so.cal.fan

Smile

They always do that, John.
We expect it, or we should.
Naw, that's an old one.
I like the Presidential one better!
Old 05-05-2002, 04:55 PM   #14
CamptownRaces.com

Re: Re: The Kentucky Derby Was Fixed!

Quote:
Originally posted by ranchwest

I had War Emblem rated far superior in early speed, even against the scratched horses, and able to take the distance.

I played the 3 and 5 on top and took the 13 out on a final elimination, so I missed those big payouts, but I was not at all surprised that War Emblem won.

You need to do the same as me, just handicap a little better next year. No conspiracy.
ranchwest, we should have talked before the race...

I missed too, but I ran second...

I had 3 horses in an EB, and those same 3 dutched to win...

Damn 13 just couldn't do it at 22-1 for me...

Charles
Old 05-05-2002, 06:30 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Talking Check out the Replay

Watch the replay very closely. There is a lone Black Helicopter on screen for only an instant, but you can clearly see a beam (laser??) coming from it and aimed at the field as they broke from the gate. Could the doors have been tampered with by this beam? Could WE have been given a "boost" in the butt as he cleared the gate?
Use your freeze frame to stop the tape at the time you can see the copter - zoom in and you can clearly see the pilot is wearing some kind of headwear - definately not a hat.
And here is the kicker...in a speech at Yale yesterday, Dick Chenney made reference to the Saudi Prince's good fortune in the derby - a full two minutes bofore the race went off. Chenney explained it wishfull thinking. And a friend of mine, who was at the Derby inperson, swears that he saw Colin Powell in a men's room just before 5:30pm and that he put on a fake beard and glasses before leaving.
This is getting scary...who can we trust????