Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

More Chaos in the Trump White House

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/jo...um=MARKETWATCH
Old 03-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm sure this is a bad thing somehow...someone (either Clocker or elysiantraveller most likely) will post about the dangers of an "overheated" economy or whatever...

Kind of like the whole "Trade Deficits are awesome, what the hell are you talking about?" meme that recently went on here...

Somebody always has a negative counterbalance to any positive news or efforts being made when it comes to this administration...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #3
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm sure this is a bad thing somehow...someone (either Clocker or elysiantraveller most likely) will post about the dangers of an "overheated" economy or whatever...

Kind of like the whole "Trade Deficits are awesome, what the hell are you talking about?" meme that recently went on here...

Somebody always has a negative counterbalance to any positive news or efforts being made when it comes to this administration...
Nope.

Economy is in good shape. I actually made this point talking about how great it is here when you guys harp on trade deficits...

Who the hell is going to make the shit to eat into that trade deficit?

Surprisingly no one answered.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Sure I did.
We have new people entering the work force every day.

We also have many leaving, but more available jobs, maybe that will diminish. Not everyone wants to leave.

Also, there are opportunities for people to move up from McJobs to take better jobs.

You can always look for reason why something will not work, but you will never get a solution that way.

You have to look for ways to make it work. Positive thinking translates to confidence. When people have confidence, they find solutions.

If push comes to shove, we can always recruit immigrants - you know, the legal way, looking for people to fill our needs.

Nothing makes a country stronger than a good economy and a smart immigration program.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #5
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Sure I did.
We have new people entering the work force every day.

We also have many leaving, but more available jobs, maybe that will diminish. Not everyone wants to leave.

Also, there are opportunities for people to move up from McJobs to take better jobs.

You can always look for reason why something will not work, but you will never get a solution that way.

You have to look for ways to make it work. Positive thinking translates to confidence. When people have confidence, they find solutions.

If push comes to shove, we can always recruit immigrants - you know, the legal way, looking for people to fill our needs.

Nothing makes a country stronger than a good economy and a smart immigration program.
No you didn't.

You said "make babies."

Our workforce is currently shrinking. That's a cold hard fact. Our demographics are aging.

You can take all of your "positive thinking" and create more laborers with that. Probably won't go well.

Like I said in my first post the economy is strong right now... My point was directed at PA. We are at FULL EMPLOYMENT. Who is going to make the stuff to offset trade deficits? You haven't answered this at all. To quote your article:

Quote:
Most companies have enough trouble finding skilled workers to fill open jobs that they are reluctant to see veteran employees go for any reason.
Good article on full employment here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/quicktake/full-employment

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-29-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
incoming

The New Democrat Party has killed off over 60,000,000 workers and tax payers over the past 40 years.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Looks like good news to me. Why does anyone that ever posts any negative comments about The Donald get labeled a Trump Hater? Most of what he actually did in the first year was good, which is why the economy is doing well.

The stuff he is talking about now is bad and will hurt the economy, especially tariffs. There is nothing wrong with a trade deficit. The last time we didn't have one for any long period of time was about 100 years ago, and it contributed to the Great Depression.

I have posted sources showing why a trade deficit is not bad for the country, but very few comment on them or try to provide evidence to the contrary, they just accuse me and a few others of being Trump haters.

I don't remember anyone here arguing objectively against the "the whole "Trade Deficits are awesome, what the hell are you talking about?" meme", they just dismiss it as nonsense, contrary to common sense, and Trump hatred. And evidence I have posted to show how tariffs have hurt the country has also been ignored.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:25 PM   #8
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Our workforce is currently shrinking. That's a cold hard fact. Our demographics are aging.

You can take all of your "positive thinking" and create more laborers with that. Probably won't go well.

Like I said in my first post the economy is strong right now... My point was directed at PA. We are at FULL EMPLOYMENT. Who is going to make the stuff to offset trade deficits? You haven't answered this at all...
Are you suggesting that our factories are all running at full capacity? Also in today's world ramping up production doesn't mean that labor needs to be increased dramatically. Automation is what will make the "stuff".
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #9
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
The New Democrat Party has killed off over 60,000,000 workers and tax payers over the past 40 years.
But they immigrated quite a few.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2018, 01:51 PM   #10
biggestal99

Quote:
No you didn't.

You said "make babies."

Our workforce is currently shrinking.
Already happening.

One birth in the US every 8 seconds

One death every 11 seconds

One new immigrant every 29 seconds

https://www.census.gov/popclock/

Our workforce may be shrinking.

But our population is growing (good for the GDP)

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2018, 01:54 PM   #11
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Are you suggesting that our factories are all running at full capacity? Also in today's world ramping up production doesn't mean that labor needs to be increased dramatically. Automation is what will make the "stuff".
But the argument For Tariffs is those great manufacturing jobs.

People on the Trump side of this argument can't have it both ways.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #12
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Already happening.

One birth in the US every 8 seconds

One death every 11 seconds

https://www.census.gov/popclock/

Our workforce may be shrinking.

But our population is growing (good for the GDP)

Allan
Good answer... I stand corrected.

Growing slowly.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2015/ar...-to-2024-1.htm
Old 03-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Legal or illegal?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #14
chadk66

it's just swamp draining.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 01:02 AM   #15
incoming

Quote:
But the argument For Tariffs is those great manufacturing jobs.

People on the Trump side of this argument can't have it both ways.
Let me clue you in...automation creates many very well paying jobs.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply