Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-29-2017, 08:29 AM   #1
maddog42

FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman

https://medium.com/@tobinsmith_95851...s-1996ee4a6b3e

“Toby . . . I created a TV network for people 55 to dead,”
Old 05-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
woodtoo

Oh my who knew!!!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
maddog42

“Fair & Balanced” was not just an ironic tagline…the opinion debate segments have always been a staged scam. . . with a scripted narrative and story line almost exactly like pro wrestling.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
davew

what a scam?

nothing like CNN and MSNBC who invent their own news
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
what a scam?

nothing like CNN and MSNBC who invent their own news
Yeah...I think it's called fake news, right? Just make it up on the fly...
Old 05-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
jk3521
Registered Loser

Once I saw that photo of the blond in the black slip in the article, I couldn't keep my mind on the story. I need a cold shower !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

That's it...I'm never watching FOX NEWS again...who knew NEWS could be faked like that?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #8
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
“Fair & Balanced” was not just an ironic tagline…the opinion debate segments have always been a staged scam. . . with a scripted narrative and story line almost exactly like pro wrestling.

Everything in any of the media is staged and made up for entertainment value. It's all"show biz". Neither side of the political spectrum gives a damn about you or I. Don't believe any of their bull crap !
Old 05-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #9
jk3521
Registered Loser

When conversation starts debating which news source to watch, it usually comes down to which network has the sexiest women commentators.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #10
MargieRose

And he stayed with his job for 14 years all along knowing/believing what he wrote in this article?

He also thinks the 68+ "La Z cowboys and cowgirls" are gullible and stupid...even his own father?

Major key here: He "drifted left during and after graduate school." No surprise, there! Yet, he took a job that, apparently, went against his beliefs, and he played into the alleged Fox game?

Now, after Roger Ailes' death, he feels compelled to defame the character of the man along with the whole Fox network, when he aided and abetted in the alleged "scam" himself?

Truth in this article or not, how very unethical of this man to speak up NOW! How very typically liberal characteristics espoused...defamation, ad nauseam, being the primary tool!!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 10:37 AM   #11
chadk66

what makes it more hilarious is that more liberals get their news from Fox than all other sources combined
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I hope maddog never gets his hand on a copy of MAD Magazine!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:50 AM   #13
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah...I think it's called fake news, right? Just make it up on the fly...
and credit it to 'unconfirmed Washington sources' - what kind of source is the DNC?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #14
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
And he stayed with his job for 14 years all along knowing/believing what he wrote in this article?

He also thinks the 68+ "La Z cowboys and cowgirls" are gullible and stupid...even his own father?

Major key here: He "drifted left during and after graduate school." No surprise, there! Yet, he took a job that, apparently, went against his beliefs, and he played into the alleged Fox game?

Now, after Roger Ailes' death, he feels compelled to defame the character of the man along with the whole Fox network, when he aided and abetted in the alleged "scam" himself?

Truth in this article or not, how very unethical of this man to speak up NOW! How very typically liberal characteristics espoused...defamation, ad nauseam, being the primary tool!!
Tobin Smith is a conservative.The one who drifted leftward was someone named Edwin Lyngard , whom Smith was quoting from Lyngard's book.The quotes were in italics to separate them from Smith's article.

The one who described Fox News viewers as "La Z cowboys and cowgirls" and the one who "drifted leftward after graduate school" are two different people.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #15
lamboguy

all those networks produce fake news. another great thing about Trump, he is making everyone aware of it!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply