Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
MutuelClerk

Another P6 Joke

Reading the Paulick Report apparently a person hit the Rainbow on a punch that cost 2.40 First five legs were single back to all. Sound familiar anyone? Tote department at it again. 70k. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
MonmouthParkJoe

I would imagine the person had several different tickets and this one of one many. With the progressive scan in the pool I would hope it would detect any foul play.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Reading the Paulick Report apparently a person hit the Rainbow on a punch that cost 2.40 First five legs were single back to all. Sound familiar anyone? Tote department at it again. 70k. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

The groups play a massive amount of small tickets. Surely that ticket was part of a MUCH larger play. This happens every day in Pick-6s.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Robert Fischer
clean money

statistical anomaly

RED FLAG!

There are at least 3 known possible explanations.

A) Did a group play a massive amount of small tickets?
INVESTIGATION REQUIRED = Confirm that this was a part of a group of tickets.

B) Were the first 5 horses in the sequence 'A' horses?
INVESTIGATION RESULTS = RACE5 BIONSWAY 11-1 NOT AN 'A' TICKET! RACE8 LATENT PRINCESS 9.80-1 NOT AN 'A' HORSE!

C) Did some lucky schmuck hit this by luck?
INVESTIGATION RESULTS = NO. TO JUSTIFY A LUCKY SCHMUCK, THE 'ALL' LAST LEG REQUIRES THE IMPLICATION THAT THE FIRST 5 LEGS WERE SKILL-BASED SELECTIONS. THE CHANCES OF THE FIRST 5 LEGS BEING SKILL BASED ARE STATISTICALLY IMPROBABLE.

Preliminary Findings:
There is a high probability that the tote security was compromised.
This would have had to have been a small ticket, from a large group of players, whose array of multiple complimentary tickets were so massive, that they happened to use a 9.8-1 and and an 11-1 as singles on this particular ticket.
In the absence of confirming these multiple complimentary tickets, we can not in good faith pay out this ticket.

recommendations
Freeze this ticket. Cashier(fire, shitcan) our poor excuse of a security team.
Throw cold bucket of water on anyone naive enough to dismiss this as a 'team ticket', or as randomness without a proper investigation.
Give Robert in freelance security review a huge raise.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 12-09-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
RED FLAG!

INVESTIGATION RESULTS = RACE5 BIONSWAY 11-1 NOT AN 'A' TICKET! RACE8 LATENT PRINCESS 9.80-1 NOT AN 'A' HORSE!

INVESTIGATION RESULTS = NO. TO JUSTIFY A LUCKY SCHMUCK, THE 'ALL' LAST LEG REQUIRES THE IMPLICATION THAT THE FIRST 5 LEGS WERE SKILL-BASED SELECTIONS. THE CHANCES OF THE FIRST 5 LEGS BEING SKILL BASED ARE STATISTICALLY IMPROBABLE.

Preliminary Findings:
This would have had to have been a small ticket, from a large group of players, whose array of multiple complimentary tickets were so massive, that they happened to use a 9.8-1 and and an 11-1 as singles on this particular ticket.
In the absence of confirming these multiple complimentary tickets, we can not in good faith pay out this ticket.

recommendations
Throw cold bucket of water on anyone naive enough to dismiss this as a 'team ticket' or as randomness without a proper investigation.

Which part of my answer was confusing?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Which part of my answer was confusing?
sorry, wasn't addressing your comment.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #7
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
RED FLAG!

Preliminary Findings:

recommendations
Throw cold bucket of water on anyone naive enough to dismiss this as a 'team ticket', or as randomness without a proper investigation.
Why did you assume an 11-1 winner and a 4-1 winner wouldn't be an "A" horse for someone? If a person is only identifying low prices for A classification, they are a losing player.

The most likely explanation is this is one of many tickets from the same bettor(s). If it could be proven this ticket was a stand-alone, then it's worth discussing.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom
Why did you assume an 11-1 winner and a 4-1 winner wouldn't be an "A" horse for someone? If a person is only identifying low prices for A classification, they are a losing player.

The most likely explanation is this is one of many tickets from the same bettor(s). If it could be proven this ticket was a stand-alone, then it's worth discussing.
Exactly, this isn't a typical P6. If you are going to try to scoop the pool your As better not be favorites.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:

It was an 11-1 and a 9.80-1.
Ticket/Payout should be frozen.
If a syndicate or team can produce the record of complimentary tickets, then pay it out.
race5-Bionsway was 11-1
and race8 Latent Princess was 9.8-1

If you used 3 'A's , then you'd need to be an awesome handicapper to capture both of those prices in a sequence. However, as a lone 'A'? You would be a statistical anomaly. A black swan.

In order to go THAT deep (11-1,9.8-1) with your 'SINGLES' complimentary/multiplier tickets, we are talking about a MASSIVE ARRAY of complimentary tickets.

That is certainly 'possible'.

Is
Quote:
this is one of many tickets from the same bettor(s).
the 'most likely explanation'? I don't know that it is. My answer is "I don't ****ing know. Why would I know that?".

But from my layman's perspective, I can see the large scale that would be required to produce tickets singling those 2 horses. The need for that large scale warrants an investigation.

If 'Whale Play' is truly the answer to this case, the player or team should have no problem presenting their records for this specific wager.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 12-09-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #10
the little guy

"If Whale Play is truly the answer"

Robert, you need to get with the times. The groups, or as you say whales, are a huge part of all Pick-6 pools. Of course this ticket is part of a much bigger play on the part of them.

There is no chicanery going on.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:36 PM   #11
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Many years ago i stumbled across a P6 System designed to hit 5 of 6 for a fraction of the cost of having all my picks on a single ticket, with a shot at hitting 6/6 if things went perfect.
It never did...

The point is that this system had me make a bunch of straight $2 tickets, all singles, or 5 singles with 2-3 runners in the other leg.
If one hit for the whole shebang someone could easily look at my single ticket and get the wrong idea.
I think that's the case here; agree with those that say NO FOUL
Old 12-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #12
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
"If Whale Play is truly the answer"

Robert, you need to get with the times. The groups, or as you say whales, are a huge part of all Pick-6 pools. Of course this ticket is part of a much bigger play on the part of them.

There is no chicanery going on.
I'm not questioning whether 'Whale Play' dominates in these pools.

What I'm saying is that even if the 'whale' has a player of your caliber on board, this ticket would need to be a part of a large array of complimentary tickets, and that would be easily provable.

It's just an odd ticket, even for a whale, to my eye.
2 great picks that didn't get pounded in the other pools along with the concession that the last race was a chaos race open to any of 12 runners.
I'm well aware of multiple tickets and the complexity that they can approach, but this is a red flag to my eyes. I stand by that.

Huge difference from declaring a rigged system, and calling for an intelligent investigation.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 12-09-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Interesting that the 12 was omitted from the "live" numbers before the race. I'm not saying anything fishy went on, but very sad that even after the bet being around this long they keep effing it up on the display.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 02:55 PM   #14
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Interesting that the 12 was omitted from the "live" numbers before the race. I'm not saying anything fishy went on, but very sad that even after the bet being around this long they keep effing it up on the display.
Sad,maybe, but it makes it even more suspicious than anything else to me.
TD.
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #15
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Need to investigate the super high 5 also, one winner there maybe they had same bet structure, certainly both were 'signers' won't be hard to see who signed those winners.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply