Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-15-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

M. Moore Does it Again!

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/j...20040713.shtml

Moore's prop
John McCaslin (archive)
July 13, 2004 | Print | Send

The family of U.S. Air Force Maj. Gregory Stone was shocked to learn that video footage of the major's Arlington National Cemetery burial was included by Michael Moore in his movie "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Stone was killed in March 2003 by a grenade that officials said was thrown into his tent by Sgt. Hasan K. Akbar, who is on trial for murder.

It's been a big shock, and we are not very happy about it, to say the least," Kandi Gallagher, Stone's aunt and family spokeswoman, tells Washington Times reporter Audrey Hudson.

We are furious that Greg was in that casket and cannot defend himself, and my sister, Greg's mother, is just beside herself," Gallagher said. "She is furious. She called him a 'maggot that eats off the dead.'"

The movie, described by critics as political propaganda during an election year, shows video footage of the funeral and Stone's fiancee, Tammie Eslinger, kissing her hand and touching it to his coffin.

The family does not know how Moore obtained the video, and Gallagher said they did not give permission and are considering legal recourse.

She described her nephew as a "totally conservative Republican" and said he would have found the film to be "putrid."

"I'm sure he would have some choice words for Michael Moore," she said. "Michael Moore would have a hard time asking our family for a glass of water if he were thirsty."
Old 07-15-2004, 03:30 PM   #2
GameTheory

People were trying to come up with a good nickname for Moore: "'maggot that eats off the dead" sounds about right to me...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #3
delayjf

I hope they do sue.

Per Justralphs post,

If I were DBT (data based technologies), the company that conducted the state ordered purging of the felons from the Florida voting polls, I'd be looking into sueing MM as well, for accusing them of racial profiling.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2004, 07:43 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I vote for the maggot name. It just says it all. I hope the bankrupt this leech.