Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
ultracapper

FPerez the next KentD in SoCal?

Watch the amazing effort Fernando Perez put into helping the #4 finish the nightcap at LosAl Sunday 12/20. Went by the favorite at the 1/8th, had her put away, and then Perez just cruised home the final 50 yards, while the favorite that he had put away at the 1/16th pole, re-passed him without EVEN BEING ASKED. Perez got re-passed by a horse where the jockey wasn't even asking for anything from his mount. Perez was standing for the final 50 yards like he was 20 lengths in front.

I had a win/place bet on the winner, and I figure I made less than half the profit on the place bet, splitting it with the favorite instead of the 9-1 4th choice. The fav had over $19K to place. Perez's horse had about $4500. So instead of getting a big chunk of that $19K, I get to split up $4500 with a horse that has 4 times that to place on it.

I hope Michelle Dollase, the trainer, and guessing by her last name, somebody with decent connections, reads him the riot act tonight. I've been seeing stuff like this with him over the past 6 months. He's going to build a KentD rep for not riding out if he continues. He's done it before.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
DelMarJay

Did you see race 9 at LOS Al's Finale?

PLEASE, PLEASE watch Los Alamitos Finale (R9)........ on replay. I had no ticket or bias on the race but can someone tell me what happens to the 4 horse from around the tall striped black pole.

Does horse break down or does jockey misjudge finish line by the largest margin I have ever witnessed???

NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. Just that he had passed the 9 horse by 3 lengths from top of stretch to above mentioned pole when appears that jockey stopped riding. Thoughts; comments????
DelMarJay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelMarJay
PLEASE, PLEASE watch Los Alamitos Finale (R9)........ on replay. I had no ticket or bias on the race but can someone tell me what happens to the 4 horse from around the tall striped black pole.

Does horse break down or does jockey misjudge finish line by the largest margin I have ever witnessed???

NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. Just that he had passed the 9 horse by 3 lengths from top of stretch to above mentioned pole when appears that jockey stopped riding. Thoughts; comments????
That is beyond disgusting. No break down in my eyes. Horse was full of run for a clear 2nd. Was let up on to lose 2nd.

Galloped out just fine. Repulsive. Another one I'd ban for life. No appeal.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
ultracapper

FPerez the next KentD.

Thread in General Handicapping. Just a lame effort.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
Watch the amazing effort Fernando Perez put into helping the #4 finish the nightcap at LosAl Sunday 12/20. Went by the favorite at the 1/8th, had her put away, and then Perez just cruised home the final 50 yards, while the favorite that he had put away at the 1/16th pole, re-passed him without EVEN BEING ASKED. Perez got re-passed by a horse where the jockey wasn't even asking for anything from his mount. Perez was standing for the final 50 yards like he was 20 lengths in front.

I had a win/place bet on the winner, and I figure I made less than half the profit on the place bet, splitting it with the favorite instead of the 9-1 4th choice. The fav had over $19K to place. Perez's horse had about $4500. So instead of getting a big chunk of that $19K, I get to split up $4500 with a horse that has 4 times that to place on it.

I hope Michelle Dollase, the trainer, and guessing by her last name, somebody with decent connections, reads him the riot act tonight. I've been seeing stuff like this with him over the past 6 months. He's going to build a KentD rep for not riding out if he continues. He's done it before.
Instead of the riot act, where is the long term suspension?

Let me ask it this way....

What if ballplayer hits a home run and decides to take a nap (literally stop running, lie down, take a sleeping pill and go to sleep anywhere between third and home plate)????

What if a wide receiver on his way to a game ending touchdown decides to stop and tie his shoe lace at the 2 yard line while the closest defender is 30 yards away?

What would people say then?
Old 12-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #6
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Instead of the riot act, where is the long term suspension?

Let me ask it this way....

What if ballplayer hits a home run and decides to take a nap (literally stop running, lie down, take a sleeping pill and go to sleep anywhere between third and home plate)????

What if a wide receiver on his way to a game ending touchdown decides to stop and tie his shoe lace at the 2 yard line while the closest defender is 30 yards away?

What would people say then?
Outside of the US Perez would be banned for a year in some places banned for life..
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Outside of the US Perez would be banned for a year in some places banned for life..
I'm so disgusted recently. There's just so much crap going on in racing. Even when I have a good day or a good bet, I'm turned off.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #8
theiman

Quote:
I'm so disgusted recently. There's just so much crap going on in racing. Even when I have a good day or a good bet, I'm turned off.
Before you Scrooges crucify a jock, during the holiday season, please read the chart comment I copied below.

NO CITY LIMITS bumped at the start, stalked inside, came out
on the turn and three deep into the stretch, angled to the inside in the drive, was eased up late and was edged for second, then did
not return to be unsaddled and was vanned off.

Last edited by theiman; 12-20-2015 at 08:34 PM.
theiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiman
Before you Scrooges crucify a jock, during the holiday season, please read the chart comment I copied below.

on the turn and three deep into the stretch, angled to the inside in the drive, was eased up late and was edged for second, then did
We've had this discussion before. It's deja vu.

Jock stiffs horse in lane. Gallops out just fine.

Then tells outrider...."Yeah get me the ambulance. She didn't feel right".

Tells owner she didn't feel right and covers up stiff job.

I was born at night but not last night.

If that horse was LAME THERE IS NO WAY HE GALLOPS THE HORSE OUT ANOTHER 1/8 SO WELL.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
tanner12oz

I thought something went wrong with the horse..very obvious something was up and not simply the horse stopping
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #11
ultracapper

Quote:

If the horse came up lame, I'll support Perez 100%. Watching it live, I couldn't see a reason for his actions. Since he's done it in the past, I jumped to a quick conclusion. If the horse got hurt, I would want him to take care of her at all costs.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #12
theiman

Quote:
We've had this discussion before. It's deja vu.

Jock stiffs horse in lane. Gallops out just fine.

Then tells outrider...."Yeah get me the ambulance. She didn't feel right".

Tells owner she didn't feel right and covers up stiff job.

I was born at night but not last night.

If that horse was LAME THERE IS NO WAY HE GALLOPS THE HORSE OUT ANOTHER 1/8 SO WELL.
If the jock wanted to stiff the horse, why would he put him in a position to be close to start with?

By the way, The X Files tv show is coming back next month with 6 episodes. If they havent completed shooting all 6 episodes perhaps you might have a good script for the producers to read.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #13
ultracapper

Chart notes support your viewpoint. I had money on the race and was happy to see that horse pass the well supported favorite, and then furious when the fav came back on. The money may have blurred my view. I'll retract my complaint for this ride if Perez was looking out for the horse's well being.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
If the jock wanted to stiff the horse, why would he put him in a position to be close to start with?

By the way, The X Files tv show is coming back next month with 6 episodes. If they havent completed shooting all 6 episodes perhaps you might have a good script for the producers to read.
Because they are brain dead.

2) Thanks, I actually love the X Files and can't wait for the return.

Answer this question please.......

If the jock realized the horse was lame and wanted to let up at the 1/8 pole...why not pull the horse up?

Part 2: If the horse was let up on because the horse felt lame, why gallop out so far down the lane?????
Old 12-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #15
theiman

Quote:
Because they are brain dead.

2) Thanks, I actually love the X Files and can't wait for the return.

Answer this question please.......

If the jock realized the horse was lame and wanted to let up at the 1/8 pole...why not pull the horse up?

Part 2: If the horse was let up on because the horse felt lame, why gallop out so far down the lane?????
Better question, are you a former jock or exercise rider, or ever been on a horse that you didnt have to put $.25 into a slot to ride?