Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-30-2015, 12:48 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

My look at the Friday BC races

Friday, October 30
---------------------

BC Juvenile Turf
Manhattan Dan 4/1
Ray's The Bar 5/1
Camelot Kitten 6/1
Cymric 6/1

Pace setup favors & . Biggest value plays here are & .

BC Dirt Mile
Liam's Map 4/1
Lea 7/1
Wicked Strong 7/1
Red Vine 9/1
Mr. Z 13/1
War Envoy 15/1

Anyone who thinks ANY of these BC races are going to be easy needs to reassess. Liam's Map isn't that good and can be beaten, although his early pace advantage will make that a little tough to overcome. But I bet these types of races for the reason . . . big boxcar payoffs and lots of value, so I'm going to stick to value horses in here: & .

BC Juvenile Filly Turf
Illuminate 9/2
Catch a Glimpse 5/1
Nemoralia 8/1
Ruby Notion 5/1
Time and Motion 10/1
Gliding By 12/1

This is another wide open fast paced event. When in doubt stick to the pure value plays, which in here are: &

BC Distaff
Yahilwa 3/1
Calamity Kate 7/1
Wedding Toast 8/1
Sheer Drama 12/1
I'm a Chatterbox 15/1
Stopchargingmaria 15/1
Curalina 15/1

I'm sure this line is way out of whack, but it's served me well in these types of races. Going with the value (as always): & .
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 02:26 AM   #2
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Friday, October 30
---------------------

BC Juvenile Turf
Manhattan Dan 4/1
Ray's The Bar 5/1
Camelot Kitten 6/1
Cymric 6/1

Pace setup favors & . Biggest value plays here are & .

BC Dirt Mile
Liam's Map 4/1
Lea 7/1
Wicked Strong 7/1
Red Vine 9/1
Mr. Z 13/1
War Envoy 15/1

Anyone who thinks ANY of these BC races are going to be easy needs to reassess. Liam's Map isn't that good and can be beaten, although his early pace advantage will make that a little tough to overcome. But I bet these types of races for the reason . . . big boxcar payoffs and lots of value, so I'm going to stick to value horses in here: & .

BC Juvenile Filly Turf
Illuminate 9/2
Catch a Glimpse 5/1
Nemoralia 8/1
Ruby Notion 5/1
Time and Motion 10/1
Gliding By 12/1

This is another wide open fast paced event. When in doubt stick to the pure value plays, which in here are: &

BC Distaff
Yahilwa 3/1
Calamity Kate 7/1
Wedding Toast 8/1
Sheer Drama 12/1
I'm a Chatterbox 15/1
Stopchargingmaria 15/1
Curalina 15/1

I'm sure this line is way out of whack, but it's served me well in these types of races. Going with the value (as always): & .
Liam's Map has a 20% chance of winning but somehow Yahilwa has a 25% chance. This has got to be some kind of joke.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 03:05 AM   #3
Dahoss2002

Manhattan Dan and Bradester are my 2 LS picks for Friday
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 05:04 AM   #4
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002
Manhattan Dan and Bradester are my 2 LS picks for Friday
I have your 2 in tri's hoss....my 3 LS's I'm keying on are Conquest Daddyo, Lea, and My Sweet Addiction.

Thanks for your work up, P.A. --I put a couple of your value plays to use
good luck all
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
ebcorde
Veteran

Yahilwa

is battle scarred with 30 starts. James Cassidy squeezed all the juice out of him.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 08:20 AM   #6
depalma113

My picks with my value lines

Race 6:

Highland Sky 15/1
Ray's the Bar 15/1
Shogun 8/1
Birchwood 5/1

Race 7:

Bradester 5/1
Lea 8/1

Race 8

Illuminate 5/2
Alice Springs 5/1
Last Waltz 8/1

Race 9

Wedding Toast 5/2

Pick Four plays

/ / /

/ / /
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Liam's Map has a 20% chance of winning but somehow Yahilwa has a 25% chance. This has got to be some kind of joke.
The last time someone wrote me this, Keen Ice won the Travers...or was it when Take Charge Brandi won last year?

I can't recall all the times in the last few years someone has called my lines a joke and then ended up with egg on their face and nowhere to be found after the race was over...

But thanks for your constructive criticism...you'd think I'd be past this after the success I've had in the big races here, but I guess not...

But I'm sure if I really throw up a goose egg this year, you'll be the first back here to tell me you told me so...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-30-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #8
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
The last time someone wrote me this, Keen Ice won the Travers...or was it when Take Charge Brandi won last year?

I can't recall all the times in the last few years someone has called my lines a joke and then ended up with egg on their face and nowhere to be found after the race was over...

But thanks for your constructive criticism...you'd think I'd be past this after the success I've had in the big races here, but I guess not...
You are correct PA!

So, who is your official BCC pick? I understand this is a Friday selections thread. Will you post it in another thread?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 09:35 AM   #9
JBmadera

good insight, thanks much!

looks like my pick 4's are going to cost about a billion dollars so I'm going to need to take a stand somewhere.....maybe single Ruby Notion, love blinkers off
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #10
ManU918

Quote:

But I'm sure if I really throw up a goose egg this year, you'll be the first back here to tell me you told me so...
I was at a bar last Sunday for the Eagles game and I heard some guy talking about how much he loved Yahilwa. You weren't in South Philly on Sunday by any chance were you? LOL
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #11
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
I was at a bar last Sunday for the Eagles game and I heard some guy talking about how much he loved Yahilwa. You weren't in South Philly on Sunday by any chance were you? LOL

you went out to watch that crap game? Had enough of Kelly and Bradford . Chip cannot beat the good teams

This card today is way too hard. 14-15 horse fields with very few throw outs. I've been to US, Euro web sites to gauge opinions and everybody has a different take except the Liam's map, Lea race.

How Lea is 7-1 when not long ago a co-favorite in a 10 million dollar race, to 7-1 in a 1 million dollar race. not complaining mind you.

And racingpost.com said Baffert was fuming at AP's exercise rider that he rode him too hard and too long I found nothing on the US sites about this.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 10:37 AM   #12
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
you went out to watch that crap game? Had enough of Kelly and Bradford . Chip cannot beat the good teams

This card today is way too hard. 14-15 horse fields with very few throw outs. I've been to US, Euro web sites to gauge opinions and everybody has a different take except the Liam's map, Lea race.

How Lea is 7-1 when not long ago a co-favorite in a 10 million dollar race, to 7-1 in a 1 million dollar race. not complaining mind you.

And racingpost.com said Baffert was fuming at AP's exercise rider that he rode him too hard and too long I found nothing on the US sites about this.
Here's a link to that report:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live....524&category=0
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 10:38 AM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde

Good find ebcorde.....

AP will look like Funny Cide in the Belmont. Loose on lead and floundering under a drive at the 1/4. Then we'll hear about this right after the race as an excuse.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #14
dogkatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Good find ebcorde.....

AP will look like Funny Cide in the Belmont. Loose on lead and floundering under a drive at the 1/4. Then we'll hear about this right after the race as an excuse.

You truly are one sick puppy, maybe it's your goal to be miserable. DON'T enjoy one of the best days in racing, your not worthy.
dogkatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Then we'll hear about this right after the race as an excuse.
Why not? You've got all your excuses all lined up should he actually win...