Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 08-16-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
TonyMLake

HandicapperPlus Desktop Now Uses Live Odds From Brisnet to Calculate Bets

The free HandicapperPlus Desktop version now offers an experimental package that includes a live connection to Brisnet's Supertote to calculate bets.
  • Although HandicapperPlus for Windows is free, you still must purchase the Brisnet Data
  • Although the application will sometimes suggest place or show bets, these are not Dr. Z type bets (although Dr. Z bets may be added in the future)
  • This is an experimental version of HandicapperPlus and the application may not include the live Brisnet package in the future
  • This application package is not offically sponsored by Brisnet.

If you're interested in giving it a test drive, please note it is not available in the normal upgrade path, and can only be downloaded here.

Once you've downloaded the app, you'll need to enable betting advice and the SuperTote feature in the Options window.

Download Here

*Special thanks to Patsy for her support in getting this free app developed. Thanks Patsy!

Last edited by TonyMLake; 08-16-2015 at 09:33 PM.
TonyMLake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

"This application has no connection to Brisnet, and is not sponsored by nor approved by them."

Well in that case....forget it, then!
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #3
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

If not Dr Z type wagers.....what is it programmed to look for on the live toteboard (since it changes constantly- even after the horses leave the gate)? I understand if you wouldn't care to answer this publicly, Tony.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
TonyMLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
If not Dr Z type wagers.....what is it programmed to look for on the live toteboard (since it changes constantly- even after the horses leave the gate)? I understand if you wouldn't care to answer this publicly, Tony.
The application does actually already vacuum all the pool data in the background (if you turn it on), but I simply haven't written the Dr. Z type algorithms yet.

Right now, it uses your custom algorithm or one of the built in algorithms to set the predicted finish order. Then, using the live tote board odds and your Kelly Criterion tool settings, it selects the bet amounts.

Additional bets or changes to bet type might be made if two horses have scores that are very close together, or if several Kelly Bets are able to absorb the cost of non-winning bets, for example.

Ultimately, I may be adding a "mega-brain" type algorithm wherein users who agree to participate will allow their computer to share their results to compute the winning-est "spot" algorithms (based on surface, distance, and track, for example), then calculate bet amounts on live odds, like the whales (a free or almost free "big data" type app)... but that's down the road and I also have to keep up with the other versions of the app I make money from, which oddly enough don't do quite as much as the free Windows Desktop version, but have the benefit of being able to handicap live at the track.

Last edited by TonyMLake; 08-16-2015 at 10:27 PM.
TonyMLake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply