Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-25-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Bob S.

Bob Baffert's Promising Filly Luminance Finally Returns To The Track On Saturday

In her only start last August, three year old filly Luminance broke the 5 furlong track record at Del Mar. She injured herself soon after and hasn't raced since, but is scheduled to race this Saturday at Santa Anita. She is a part of this weekend's Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, where she is listed at 50-1. Here is a 2 year old pedigree and performance piece I wrote about her last August.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2014/07/2...ght-luminance/
Bob S. is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
taxicab

She sure looked the goods back in August.
Two things stand out about her.
It was tough to close @ DMR,and even tougher to race on the outside portion of the track.....Luminance glided through the teeth of a double bias.
The other noteworthy on Luminance is her look......she's a big good looking sort.
The layoff probably gave her some "fill out" time.
I doubt the 8-5 morning line offering will hold.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Looking forward to her race. This filly has a tremendous upside. Her pedigree on the dam side is extremely impressive.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Wow what a win. Prat rode great on the runnerup and just got outrun late. Excellent race.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Wow what a win. Prat rode great on the runnerup and just got outrun late. Excellent race.

Agreed. With a six month layoff, fact her connections decided on a two turn 2015 bow showed their confidence. That photo may not have been their preferred finish though..
Old 03-01-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
Bob S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Agreed. With a six month layoff, fact her connections decided on a two turn 2015 bow showed their confidence. That photo may not have been their preferred finish though..
The horse she beat, Wild at Heart, is a promising, high dollar filly and for her first one off the bench in 6 months, winning and wiping the rust off is very impressive, no matter how much she beat her by. And she broke slow and raced wide throughout the race. Gutsy performance. Not a bad futures ticket currently at 28-1.
Bob S. is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I thought she looked very disinterested

Running wide with ears pricked and struggled a little to get it done

I suspect a challenge to keep her interested

Mental training might be as big a challenge as physical
Old 03-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #8
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob S.
The horse she beat, Wild at Heart, is a promising, high dollar filly and for her first one off the bench in 6 months, winning and wiping the rust off is very impressive, no matter how much she beat her by. And she broke slow and raced wide throughout the race. Gutsy performance. Not a bad futures ticket currently at 28-1.

Oh I agree. A win is a win regardless especially against a solid opponent. Maybe I should've specified that was the 2nd photo i survived yesterday as well as a near dq in an earlier race. I did put a little on her nose in the oaks future yesterday though.