Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
maddog42

Lies, Damned Lies, and Fox News

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...fox-news/?_r=0

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/05/fox-...ad-lies-video/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...ut-gun-polling

Fox is caught lying again and again. I could post 10 more examples.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...fox-news/?_r=0

Fox is caught lying again and again. I could post 10 more examples.
I looked at the first link and it was complete nonsense, so I went no further.

Hannity is not a news show, it is pure unadulterated opinion. Fox does not produce Hannity, it is produced by Hannity's company. The guests on Hannity do not work for or represent Fox. Is NBC responsible for people on reality shows that don't tell the truth?

Krugman presents zero evidence that any guests lied. He says the business owner could not have been affected by ObamaCare because he only has 4 employees. If ObamaCare affected the cost of benefits he had promised them, then it affects his business. The two private parties say that their insurance premiums went up. Krugman says they might have been able to save money if they shopped around. He says that without a clue about their financial or health status. Total nonsense.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Post 10 more - maybe one of them will make sense!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Post 10 more - maybe one of them will make sense!
How about 20? Must be 30 in this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-...b_1773043.html
Old 02-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #5
Clocker

The thread title is "Lies, Damned Lies, and Fox News". How about posting a single lie from a Fox news show.

O'Reilly and Hannity are opinionated wind bags, and anyone that watches them expecting "fair and balanced" news is as goofy as the Obama fan boys that believe his BS.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
burnsy
self medicated

Only the "politics jokers" would think this is news...been going on for years...I read people regurgitating the garbage they see and hear on Fox, MSNBC and even CNN all the time. Brian Williams gets burnt.....which ones don't lie? Its not even "News" or journalism any more. These people are no Walter Cronkites to say the least. I don't have to read links to figure it out, any half wit can figure it out. What's even more astounding is the lug nuts that stick up for these sell outs. "They say what I agree with, it must be true"....yeah, ok buddy...you're a genius............ People even admit its commentary then they still think its facts.......c'mon man....

Last edited by burnsy; 02-16-2015 at 04:29 PM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 05:08 PM   #7
davew

I wonder if you could find any lies by the democratic leaders or presidemt?

or what you perceive as lies?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #8
HUSKER55

keep it up....you are ruining his spin

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #9
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Walter Cronkite's political biases didn't seep into his reporting? Did someone just intimate that? Funny.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
maddog42

10 biggest lies spewed by Sean Hannity

8. Hannity Falsely Claimed a White House Adviser “Advocated Compulsory Abortion.” Hannity claimed that White House science and technology adviser John Holdren “advocated compulsory abortion” and sterilization. PolitiFact had previously rated a similar claim — made months earlier by Fox News’ Glenn Beck — “pants on fire” false
Old 02-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #11
horses4courses

Wait....there's more

Not that I expect any of you cons to buy this.
Let me guess - you won't like the source.
The Kool Aid they give you guys is ever so strong.....

http://aattp.org/category/fox-news-lies-2/
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #12
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
I looked at the first link and it was complete nonsense, so I went no further.

Hannity is not a news show, it is pure unadulterated opinion. Fox does not produce Hannity, it is produced by Hannity's company. The guests on Hannity do not work for or represent Fox. Is NBC responsible for people on reality shows that don't tell the truth?

Krugman presents zero evidence that any guests lied. He says the business owner could not have been affected by ObamaCare because he only has 4 employees. If ObamaCare affected the cost of benefits he had promised them, then it affects his business. The two private parties say that their insurance premiums went up. Krugman says they might have been able to save money if they shopped around. He says that without a clue about their financial or health status. Total nonsense.
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/
If you had actually done any research, you would not have even pretended that you looked at the first link. The business owner specifically told Hannity that he was keeping his employees work hours below 30 hours a week so he would not have to provide health insurance. This despite the fact that he only has four employees and is not affected in any way by the ACA.

When Eric Stern called Paul Cox, the businessman, and asked him, "Why the cutback on his workforce?" This is the reply he received. “Well,” he said, “I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did. Odd that Mr. Cox never called back, unless he figured out that his bluff had been called.

As for the other two couples; it is true that Krugman is not familiar with their financial and health status. But how does that absolve them of the responsibility to investigate if their are better options available? Krugman was merely pointing out that they had failed to do their due diligence.

You basically conceded that Fox News was lying when you said this, "Hannity is not a news show, it is pure unadulterated opinion." My question is this. Why is it all right to lie in support of an opinion? On a news show, you are required to have all your facts correct. Why is it all right to use use incorrect facts to support your opinion. A lie is a lie.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:00 PM   #13
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
The thread title is "Lies, Damned Lies, and Fox News". How about posting a single lie from a Fox news show.

O'Reilly and Hannity are opinionated wind bags, and anyone that watches them expecting "fair and balanced" news is as goofy as the Obama fan boys that believe his BS.
I think maddog's second link in the OP addresses that. It shows Fox selectively editing clips of an Obama news conference to achieve the impression Fox wants. Adding the edited clips changes the meaning of Obama's response completely. I assume this was a news show. The words "America's Newsroom" appear in the corner of the screen.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #14
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/
If you had actually done any research, you would not have even pretended that you looked at the first link. The business owner specifically told Hannity that he was keeping his employees work hours below 30 hours a week so he would not have to provide health insurance. This despite the fact that he only has four employees and is not affected in any way by the ACA.
Did you even read what I said? The first link in the OP was to something by Paul Krugman. It is nonsense, as I pointed out. Why do I have the burden to do further research about Krugman's nonsense? Why are you ignoring what Krugman said and linking to more stuff I am not going to look at?

P.S. After reading your first paragraph above, I didn't read the rest of your post either. Given the nonsense above, I figured that the odds of finding any relevant content were near zero.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:03 AM   #15
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Not that I expect any of you cons to buy this.
Let me guess - you won't like the source.
The Kool Aid they give you guys is ever so strong.....

http://aattp.org/category/fox-news-lies-2/
The first link is the premise that "Big Government" made the measles outbreak worse.

43% of the cases involved persons with an "unknown" vaccination record. Could they possibly be illegal aliens?

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwr...ZwVMQ_w.mailto

I would say Obummer and Big Government sure has made it easier for illegal aliens to come and to stay in the U.S.; ergo they made the measles outbreak worse.

Kool Aid is hardly a beverage restricted to any one political point-of-view....