Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:49 AM   #1
mbf2014

Dick Mitchells Handicapping Course : Cynthia Publishing

I have been studying for a month, I get my check in Feb. I will have a $1000 B/R to start with. I will also have HDW with All in One Version 6. I also will have Betting Analyst. I cannot wait. I played with $40 on Twin Pines and lost my ass. I didn't have much resourcing but checking the Trainer and Jockey along with Value Handicapping. I ran out by the winning race. Dick states to stay with a Half Kelly betting with a 200 unit B/R and bet only Place, Win , Show, and Daily Double. I think its win and show but cannot remember at the moment. What are your guys' thoughts ?
mbf2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #2
atlasaxis

MBF, if you don't already have it, pick up the AIO V6 Seminar in a Box. Steve Unite does an excellent job showing the user how to get the most out of the AIO software including solid wagering strategies. It really is a must have for AIO users. Also, with AIO, you do not need The Betting Analyst software as AIO already does all that BASE does. Best wishes.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
Helles

I have excellent software too. It's taken me three and a half years of study with that software to get to a point where I THINK I might have found a winning niche.

I doubt you'll bet strictly on paper, despite advice from most on here to do just that, so I would suggest making $2.00 bets. Find what's working for you. That will take time, a lot of study and a lot of money spent on data.

I have only seen one person on here claim to make money on show betting. There could of course be others, many others for all I know. The person I'm thinking of only bets a certain niche of races and relies on rebates to turn most or all of his realized profit.

In any case, I wish you good luck. I'm sure you're excited to get going.

Last edited by Helles; 01-30-2015 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Make Show comment
Helles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #4
GatetoWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbf2014
I have been studying for a month, I get my check in Feb. I will have a $1000 B/R to start with. I will also have HDW with All in One Version 6. I also will have Betting Analyst. I cannot wait. I played with $40 on Twin Pines and lost my ass. I didn't have much resourcing but checking the Trainer and Jockey along with Value Handicapping. I ran out by the winning race. Dick states to stay with a Half Kelly betting with a 200 unit B/R and bet only Place, Win , Show, and Daily Double. I think its win and show but cannot remember at the moment. What are your guys' thoughts ?
With only a $1000 to start in your ADW account I would start with some smaller bets for a month or two until you feel more comfortable. Try to run your bankroll up to $1,500 and then increase your bets.

Better to use that initial bankroll as a way to learn for months rather than a few weeks if you start off losing.
Just my two cents
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #5
acorn54

to the op. in my 30+ years of betting on the horses the one sure fire thing i learned is that the horses i bet can have extraordinary bad luck, events that happen outside of the control of the handicapping analysis, such as jockey error or bad decision in riding the horse during the race, or the horse stumbling out of the gate, or the jockey falling off ect.
what i am saying is that even if you have the horse that is a good bet upon analysis BEFORE the race, too much is out of your hands.
i have always relied on betting 1% of my bankroll or lower on each bet. this keeps my emotions out of the equation and is my comfort level based on my 30+ years betting.
my best advice if you want it, is not to bet beyond your comfort level.
there are alot of very smart people on this forum and if i was you i would listen to them.

Last edited by acorn54; 01-30-2015 at 11:07 AM.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #6
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbf2014
Please dont forget to also "auto update" after each day. and download the 30 day track model. 1st--download the 1 year track model also. using the Betting analyst is easy. if one downloads the "auto update" daily, then one can view the "Phantom Filter" and view what wps with no bet inputs.
what DVD's did you buy from Steve? and follow atlasaxis advice. "the box" is good.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2015, 05:15 PM   #7
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis
MBF, if you don't already have it, pick up the AIO V6 Seminar in a Box. Steve Unite does an excellent job showing the user how to get the most out of the AIO software including solid wagering strategies. It really is a must have for AIO users. Also, with AIO, you do not need The Betting Analyst software as AIO already does all that BASE does. Best wishes.
Atl, have you noticed when using "auto compute" (first) in turf route races, AIO places a lot of ES runners on top of the BL/BL? @ long odds? A1 A2 i 2nd guess

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply