Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
RarifiedAir
Veteran

Fire Matt Carruthers Now!!!

I'm sick of this clown. First he says Shared has no chance at Los Al then today couldn't get Chrome's .... out of his mouth. What an embarrassment. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.

Meanwhile TVG finally got it right today with the Perloff - Sarge combo. Easily the best TVG has going over there!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
Light
Veteran

They need to shut Gino down every time his horse loses. He comes up with non existent excuses for why his horses didn't win. In today's 9th @ Belmont he liked #3. O.K. The horse ran a distant 3rd and he started saying this horse had some phantom trouble in the stretch and implying that may have cost him the race. Sure Gino. Yesterday he sighted the same phantom trouble on a horse who lost by a wider margin with no trouble. Before that one of his TVG buddies said there was no trouble on another bitch he had about his horse. The guy is 27 but acting senile. I used to respect him for owning his picks when they lost. Now every time his horses lose, there is this phantom that sabotaged his horse even though no official trouble is recorded and nobody else can see it. He wonders why there is no inquiry. O.K. Gino, take a chill pill. I hardly watch the show and have seen three Gino hallucinations this week!

On a positive note, the guy named "Tom" seems to have some common sense about him. His late pk4 ticket yesterday 9/19 (which I played along with and paid over $11K for $1) did have the most obvious lone speed horse I have ever seen in the 7th @ Belmont who paid $24. Two other TVG guys including Matt C who loves lone speed left him off. Tom only used 3 horses in that leg which showed me he can actually handicap.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Always been a fan of Tom Cassidy (Mth guy) and his co host, Christina Bossinakis.

I am not a Perloff fan, but he is tons better with a co host than his usual tired early week solo efforts, where he basically argues with emailers all day.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:20 AM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

When you hire talking heads, and they're not allowed to think for themselves (bought and paid for dot com) you're not going to get Matt (or Gino) replaced with someone who's any better.

If these guys really knew something about the game they would be on their sofa taking their own information and making bank with it instead of giving it out over the airwaves.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:32 AM   #5
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
When you hire talking heads, and they're not allowed to think for themselves (bought and paid for dot com) you're not going to get Matt (or Gino) replaced with someone who's any better.

If these guys really knew something about the game they would be on their sofa taking their own information and making bank with it instead of giving it out over the airwaves.
Getting paid good money to talk about the horses....sounds pretty darn good to me!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:40 AM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
Getting paid good money to talk about the horses....sounds pretty darn good to me!
Its not a bad gig if you can get it.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Its not a bad gig if you can get it.
And there is the rub. Everybody thinks they can do better, but 99.9% can't.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:23 AM   #8
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

The best handicappers cannot host a TV show, and the best hosts cannot handicap to save their ass.

Matty is one of a few who are skilled at both.

Ken Rudulph was an excellent polished professional announcer, but a putrid handicapper.
Closed Thread